test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Server not Responding"

turkf54turkf54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I keep getting stuck in the loading screen almost every time I try and zone into a dungeon, skirmish or pvp. (I never had such issues until 3 patches ago) Sometimes it finishes loading me in after approximately 3 minutes, other times it crashes after 3 minutes and I get that feedback box that asks me to describe what I was doing when it crashed, however the box never stays up for more then a few seconds, so one cant leave any feed back either way.

When stuck in the loading screen, I still receive the game tips scrolling on the screen. I also see, on the top left of the screen, a note indicating it is patching files, normally it is 16 files and it takes about 3 minutes for the patch to finish, before I am (rarely) loaded into the zone or more frequently kicked to the windows screen with your ever present inaccessible feedback window.

Any work a rounds? Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    This is happening to many players including myself. Started after last patch and now the instance patch server fails to load patch files while zoning into an instance.
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • blahlblahl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This just happened to me going into Throne of Idris. It says there is a patch going through but it doesn't load and now I can't get out of it.
  • ogcaliko1ogcaliko1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    happening to me.. just got to level 60.. trying to dungeon... every dungeon i go to it says Updating Files..... then imidiatly says Server not responding.. it will just lag there over 100 seconds then crash. this is stupid.
  • lazybrahlazybrah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly this is happening way too constantly. It doesn't even just happen to dungeons, but any change of map needs to update file; just varying load speed.
    I'm guessing overseas countries are having issues attempting to connect to the server?
  • zhaeril17zhaeril17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same as blahl here. Can't get into Throne of Idris (level 38).

"Server not responding" and the counter just keeps rising, as it also says "Patching"

I'm tired of ALT+F4 to try to load into a dungeon or area. Guess I'm done playing for a while, this is pretty bad.
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any new map.
    Seriously, just let us download the whole darn game, I don't care if it is 2-20gb bigger I don't want to download my maps from a non responding slow server every time I load a new area.

Or keep the way it is and add an option for a complete download right away.

New skirmishes, new dungeons, new questing zones, everything just leads to this horrible thing.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • skinypupy9skinypupy9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing to add except a big +1. Neverwinter was rock-solid for the first 3 weeks, but something over the last couple patches has completely borked up the zone loading process. It takes 5-10 minutes to load any new area, if it loads at all. I typically get the "Server Not Responding" message and have to kill the program to get out.
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't login to the game right now, looks like the account server is down.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also started to rubberband on top of it today
    Had perfect no lag connection before
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got in.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem, tried to load into Spider dungeon and got the whole "Patching 1 file" thing which is apparently still happening (very slowly 10-50kbs) but it's causing the loading screen to stall on just trying to start up the game now.
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open launcher, click Options, and disable on demand patching.

Download all the things.

No need to patch while loading in game.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    wow ok didnt know u can download everything all at once... its downloading now hopefully it fixes this sh**.
  • jorryejorrye Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda got the same problem, I got my GWF level 44 and ever since I started playing this game I had no problems. Now I can login in my account http://prntscr.com/15fxcp and I press safe login http://prntscr.com/15fxgu and all the sudden I get this http://prntscr.com/15fxib and after 10 sec of "server not responding" i get timed out http://prntscr.com/15fxma , but the funny thing is that I can create new caracter on the same account and play it normaly, btw. I also tryed "normal" login like 100000 times, nothing works. Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    confirmed working.. force you launcher to download all necesarry files like the poster about now everything works without patching all the **** time
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At your service.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skinypupy9skinypupy9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open launcher, click Options, and disable on demand patching.

Download all the things.

No need to patch while loading in game.

Thank you chivalrybean!
  • fuzzyyojifuzzyyoji Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At your service.
    You just saved this game for me, sir. Huge download, slow download, but hopefully worth it. Wish I could upboat ya.
  • wstalker77wstalker77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Made the change and downloading now, thanks for filling us in man. This was really irking me. Cheers!
  • situs09situs09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this has been happening to me the last few days. Usually it takes about two minutes and I'll be good, but when I enter in a skirmish like just now, I've literally been sitting here for the last 8 minutes waiting. What's sad is I can hear combat and I'm getting money, but It just patching really slowly..I'm hoping they fix this because it's going to get old fast.
  • gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems the patching is getting slower by the day, i started 2 weeks ago and i was patching on loading areas, at 3M/s but steadily dropped since, now im lucky to get 1k/s... and i have found it odd that it says server not responding counting up, when its patching, thus responding. thankfully its never failed for me, even at not responding for 9-10minutes - always eventually patched
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    situs09 wrote: »
    Yeah this has been happening to me the last few days. Usually it takes about two minutes and I'll be good, but when I enter in a skirmish like just now, I've literally been sitting here for the last 8 minutes waiting. What's sad is I can hear combat and I'm getting money, but It just patching really slowly..I'm hoping they fix this because it's going to get old fast.

yea i did a new dungeon for firs time and at end boss patched for about 12 minutes, entered and one of teammates had the same, so it was 3 fighting end boss, them 3 were dead when we got in
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • mrbeanffsmrbeanffs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    me too I am trying to get in the samotorium or whatever its called for a quest and it nevers finishes to patch and if i exit and go back it wants to put me back in there so i can never play anymore...
    EDIT:
    I did what the person said to disable on demand patching and now its downloading and working thx
  • helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Seriously Cryptic, the game is unplayable for most of your population. If players can
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • tadachetadache Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happening to me right now. Stuck in transition to Helms Hold. Can't play the game at all because of this.
  • jesterbetatesterjesterbetatester Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just for reference:

http://prntscr.com/15hs68

As suggested, I disabled on demand patching and started downloading the whole thing - shame the download speed is horrible.
  • rawhedrexrawhedrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blahl wrote: »
    This just happened to me going into Throne of Idris. It says there is a patch going through but it doesn't load and now I can't get out of it.

Same here. Epic Dungeon won't load due to patching file. Can't play my 60 LVL Droe anymore.
  • qupiiidqupiiid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server not responding 600s and going.... WTF is this????? Fix please..
  • leonf25leonf25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started to happen to me today, seems like it can't patch as it usually does with new areas
  • qupiiidqupiiid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gonna miss the whole Dungeon Delves beacuse of this.... So pissed off.