test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster Rogue Executioner Build (for 60)

platefaceiiplatefaceii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Greetings Everyone!

I have had the wondrous opportunity to level a TR all the way to 60, and I have come up with a comprehensive build for players. I have seen a few of the other builds floating around but I do not 100% agree with the theorycrafting behind them, so I am offering my own version for players who want something a bit different.

The theory:

The other builds, although great and full of information, seem to suffer from the same flaw time and time again: AoE and ranged dps. Each build I have seen has tried to incorporate AoE based talents in order to "compete" with the other 2 (currently) dps classes. Every build I see will waste an encounter slot on a poor AoE attack that hardly ever gets used on bosses. I disagree with this philosophy. These talents will help us keep up on AoE at best, but trickster rogues will never do competitive AoE dps. I prefer to leave that to the other classes and instead focus on massive single target damage. I find that this strategym, due to the health pools of AoE mobs being so low, will out dps the play-style that hamstrings single target to make room for some mediocre AoE dps.

This being said, the other half of the flaw I am noticing is builds focus too highly on ranged dps attacks. These attacks are weak and should be avoided. Once you have developed the necessary skill to play a competitive high level TR, you should come to the realization that it is often better to roll in-and-out of combat to avoid heavy attacks and use your powers to close gaps (more on this below) than it is to simply sit back and use talents that ONLY support range. The point of a striker class like a TR is to use your agility and nimble movement style to close gaps and do massive melee damage. This build focuses on that play style. You will need some playing skill to pull this off, but the benefits outweigh those of the mediocre ranged style.

My build:

Race:

This really is up to you. A lot of people say human because of the bonuses to their talents. Some people prefer Halflings because the + rolls favor TR while gaining some defensive stats, but I prefer the Half Orc. It is hard to compete with +2 dex +2 str +5 crit severity and increased movement speed.

Powers:

A lot of the guides are doing breakdowns on every single power available. I am just going to list the must haves. Any excess points will either be spent on utility talents, or pointless fillers to unlock necessary powers.

Sly Flourish (3/3): your standard auto attack. Useful on low health pool mobs, or encounters that have a lot of moving (bosses that have no agro tables, or phase shift).

Dazing Strike (3/3): Your second hardest hitting strike. Can be used on bunched up mobs for AoE dps as this attack is a cone. Use this on every CD on bosses.

Lashing Blade (3/3): Your primary encounter. Use this on every CD, especially when stealth is available for the guarantee critical strike.

Lurker's Assault (3/3): Boss and Dungeoning Daily #1. Use this at the start of the encounter on trash or the boss. Stop using this on bosses when they are at or under 20% hp.

Whirlwind of Blades (3/3): Dungeoning Daily #2. Use this when pushing through the dungeon. Use it for AoE damage on large packs. If there are champion mobs I prefer to still use LA, but if there are several little guys in one pack then WoB will shine due to the +pwr buff.

Duellist's Flurry (3/3): Bound to the right-mouse button, this at-will attack is actually your primary DPS ability. Never interrupt the rapid strike portion of this attack for an encounter. Note: you can time your Lurker's Assault to start right before the 3rd phase of Duellist's Flurry to maximize dps while in ultimate form.

Tactics (3/3): Passive #1. The AP regen on boss fights is unbeatable.

Skilful Infiltrator (3/3): Passive #2. Movement speed and critical strike are a must on all encounters. This outshines the other DPS passive due to you not relying on proccing. The static bonus to movement helps you get in and out when you need to, and the bonus to crit is pretty obvious.

Shocking Execution (3/3): Boss Daily #2. The damage output on this ability is too high to ignore. I see players saying it is PVP only and I disagree. Use this on the boss when he is at 20% hp and he won't have any HP left for anybody else's attacks. Lurker's Assault is great on the boss up until he is nearly dead, because LA relies on your rotations to do actual damage. The boss may die before you even finish LA. Shocking Execution will often do 30k+ damage in a single cooldown to eat up the remaining precious HP pool of the boss.

Every other talent is either filler or situational.

A note on AoE dps: When dungeoning trash mobs I recomend Path of the Blade over Blitz. The reason being that Blitz is a once and done CD that you must repeatedly spend over and over during an encounter. Blitz competes with your single target cooldowns as you will constantly have to decide to either Blitz or use dualists flurry on the high HP mob. The second reason is that Blitz is the opposite of a gap closer, which is exactly what you DO NOT want. If you are aware of your situation in combat you shouldnt have to resort to a gap widening ability. Path of the Blade is an encounter that will do some AoE dps during your regular single target rotation on heavy mobs. It serves to add a little fluff dps to AoE packs without you actually having to think about it.

A note on Wicked Reminder: This is usually my go-to 3rd encounter for all bosses, but it doesn't suit the playstyle of a lot of players. Practice managing the cooldows of your other abilities first, and once you can manage the 2 primary encounters without clipping your Duellist's Flurry then start to weave in Wicked Reminder. The downside to this ability is many bosses do not let you sit on them for long, and you only have time for 1 or 2 Duellist's Flurries + your encounters, and you don't want to sacrifice the stealth crit of the Lashing Blade (until your crit gets so high that it no longer benefits you) for 3 stacks of this ability. I still consider this debuff very powerful...just make sure you practice weaving it in to your rotation before you prioritize it. If the boss is impossible to stick on for long, you will likely see a dps increase simply by dodging away and deft striking back to him/her to maximize your up time.

Under 50% Crit Feats:

The theory behind Feats is the same as the theory behind Powers: massive single target DPS. The feats listed below are for players who hit 60 and want to do as high damage as possible with their current gear. These feats will result in the best possible single target dps if your crit % is under 50%

Heroic Feats:

Weapon Mastery (3/3): Pretty obvious crit increase.

Action Advantage (5/5): You will always be dealing Combat Advantage damage so you might as well reap the benefits.

Toughness (1/3): Filler point.

Cunning Ambusher (3/3): Mediocre Talent. This build essentially ignore stealth unless its for the insta-crit strike, but this will ramp up the dps every time you do this. Don't expect huge gains because we are not wasting time with dancing in and out of stealth.

Endless Assault (3/3): Pretty obvious on this one, but this will actually help your Path of the Blade on trash should you care about that.

Scoundrel Training (3/3): You should never be the target of a high HP mob as tanks love to hold agro on them.

Executioner Feats:

Dazzling Blades (5/5): Your Duellist's Flurry will shred the seconds off your 2 primary encounters.

Devastating Shroud (5/5): This makes Shocking Execution an absolute monster. Near one-shot high HP mobs and then enjoy +10% crit chance and +10% severity on the garbage mobs that follow. Who cares about AoE when you can just nuke the primary target and auto attack the additional mobs for the majority of their hp pools? I see other guides saying to go with the reduced threat on crit but as of now it is NOT NEEDED.

Critical Teamwork (5/5): Another obvious crit buff.

Deadly Momentum (5/5): The best feat available for Rogues, This will be up nearly 100% of the time should you focus on single target dps and you won't even have to THINK about it.

Overrun Critical (1/1): This should apply to every second attack as once you are in heroics your critical strike chance is going to be over 50% with decent gear and these talents. This now means that on every non-crit you are closing in on doing near critical damage.

Scoundrel Feats:

Underhanded Tactics (5/5): Due to you always positioning yourself to do Combat Advantage damage, this is the best choice when branching out to a new tree.

Nimble Blade (4/5): This rounds out your dps, remove the burst component to your attack cycle, and turns you into an unstoppable killing machine. If you crit your target takes huge damage. If you don't crit you still get a bonus from Overrun Critical and you have a chance to do an additional 20% damage from Nimble Blade. Duellists flurry strikes so many times that you are going to shred the enemies HP pool when using this feat.

Over 50% Crit Feats:

Once the majority of your attacks become critical strikes, the quality in the Nimble Blade Talent drops way off. This talent shifts from an amazing increase to a ho-hum 3.5% increase in damage for 5 points. Your points will be better spent elsewhere. You can either add to Disciple of Strength and Cunning Stalker if you do not like to focus on stealth, or, you can redistribute your points and go 5/5 Cunning Stalker and 5/5 improved Cunning Sneak to get bigger AP regen on your duelist flurry (completed in stealth) to have a higher Daily uptime.

Note: the theory behind 5/5 Cunning Stalker and 5/5 Improved Cunning Sneak will hold to be true in a vacuum. In theory, if you are able to stay on a boss long enough to reap the benefits of 2x Duellist Flurry then you should be generating enough AP to overcome the loss in DPS from losing Disciple of Strength and Scoundrel Training and Nimble Blade. But if you find that the scenarios that your group encounters are more complex than simply standing on the same spot and holding Right-Click (to each their own) then I suggest avoiding this redistribution.

What To Do:

This build is easy. Attack the biggest HP mob you can find. Open with duellists flurry, stealth, lashing blade, dazing strike, and duellists flurry their hp away until your encounters are off CD. Use your third encounter as a utility ability. The dungeon has lots of trash mobs? Path of the Blade will round out your damage without even thinking about it, and it lets you stay on that precious high HP mob. Enemies have powerful AoE attacks? Consider en evasive ability like deft strike simply so you can dodge out and teleport back in to continue your rotation. Seriously, don't waste your time with hilarious ranged attacks. Use Whirlwind of Blades if you must. Use Shocking Execution to 1-shot high HP mobs while the other classes compete to kill low hp minions. Use Lurker's Assault to rip very high HP mobs to shreds. Simple.
Post edited by platefaceii on

Comments

• Options
    atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    no new info.. but still decent read,,

it's just you are writing about the only viable spec.. pretty much everybody already using a spec like this except nabs =)
  • Options
    platefaceiiplatefaceii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah Like I said, its the only build to go with, but every other guide out there is trying to maximize AoE and Ranged and thats pointless. So rather than people read those guides, then read the comments about how its pointless, I decided to simply post what is actually the best build.
  • Options
    liorthigarliorthigar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a pvp build?
  • Options
    zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Questions for the OP:
    The only thing I would like to flavor in from this build is more AP regen.
    How do you feel about Cunning Stalker in the Saboteur path?
    How do you feel about Bait and Switch for massive AP regen when popped in circles?
    How do you feel about Brutal Backstab for 25% more crit severity when stealthed over critical teamwork?
    How do you feel about ability score distribution between STR, Dex, and Cha?
    Can you post a pic of your actual feat sheet?

Finally, another theory over in Lunas TR thread is about taking 5/5 in Improved Cunning Sneak over scoundrel training / disciple of strength. Just before the third strike of duelist flurry, you pop stealth. This gets you 2x Duelists Flurries under stealth, which when combined with 20% more action points, and 25% crit severity while in stealth, could buff duelists significantly to outshadow other feats.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?191912-Luna-s-TR-Build-Guide/page5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This thread should be moved, or pasted, into the rogue forums, which are now back up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    liorthigar wrote: »
    Its a pvp build?

No. This build will not do well in pvp.
  • Options
    tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG best Guide every... no useless info and everything is straight to the point... thx alot for the info... i'm lvl 32 atm and i think its time to respec my build.. I've been trying to max my stealth duration so I can get in a few Duelist FLurry and then Lashing Blade at the end.. Plus I can stay in stealth longer in pvp... The moment I got to lvl 30 and Opened up Path of the Blade I knew it would be the best AOE for a rogue... To be able to activate it and keep it going while your using other encounters and at wills is huge... My damage went up alot once I got it.. I also use it in pvp while stealth. It ticks faster when you use it while stealth.. it does alot of damage in such a small time frame... Thx alot for the guide
  • Options
    jaedyjaedy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ehh.. I see an eclipse of the decrease in TR's popularity.
    I am Jaed, the essence of corruption, lust, and seduction. If you impede on my path, prepare for a fate the gods would deem malignant.

As your crimson red blood flows down my claws, I moan in pleasure at the memories of your demise.

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got a question. According to the game, Dazzling Blades has a 5% chance at max to remove a second for our encounters. How often does it proc for you when using Duelist's Fury? And is it a reliable method to reduce the CD of our encounters?
  • Options
    alukyaluky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice guide but i'm sorry to say that this build is not a top DPS build for TR in endgame.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aluky wrote: »
    Nice guide but i'm sorry to say that this build is not a top DPS build for TR in endgame.

He already said that he isn't using average AOE abilities to pad his DPS meter. He would probably do more DPS by spamming blitz and whril of blades on nonboss encounters, but as he points out, he crafted his rogue for max single target damage.

How would you suggest making this a "top DPS build for TR endgame"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bloodytrailzbloodytrailz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is pretty much my build exact on lol
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?191612-Some-rogue-questions&p=2648792#post2648792
    (Posted 3 days ago xD)

1 mistake: You have 31 paragon points listed :P
    You can only go to 4/5 in the 2nd scoundrel feat.

I'm glad to see someone has combat experience with it and that it works out well~~
    I wasn't 100% happy with lunas build due to exactly what you said, adding in subpar AoE's.
    (And his use of the +15% dmg after daily really had me confused...+15% AP is much stronger...)

I think we hit the nail head on with this build for maximizing single target DPS.

I tend to use exclusively deft strike, because i feel that A) it has a fast animation, so respectable damage...and the instant reposition to your back mechanic is extremely powerful.

I want to try wicked reminder however (and had always intended too) but so far, i'm having a hard hard time wanting to drop deft strike for anything (i tried bblitz for like 3 minutes and instantly was like, nope this is garbage!")

**My only question**: If you were to take the 4/5 of nimble blade and drop into +20% crit severity while stealthed....would that work with a shocking execution or not? (replacing SE at the end of a stelath combo instead of lashing blade)
    --I ask only because, while nimble blade is alright, i'm not 100% sold on it yet... assuming we sit around 50% crit chance, thats a 35% chance for half our attacks, so it's a 17.5% chance to proc for +16% damage... averaging 1 in 6 procs and 16% damage is like, a 2.7% overall damage increase for 4 points. Not sure if that beats, compares to or is worse than 20% damage on lashing blades and in stealth flurries/flourishes/Shocking executions (if that works)
  • Options
    bonifidehustlabonifidehustla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really like your build i wish i followed it instead of another. Now i got to save up diamonds to get zen to do a respec since the game wont give us a free one.
  • Options
    gravethoughtgravethought Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Some things to consider.

Disciple of strength is confusing and is actually MUCH better than one would read it. It ADDS 6% damage to your strength bonus (It does NOT multiply it by 1.06 which would be awfulm instead say strength gives you 3% bonus it makes it 9%), which pretty much makes it a 6% across the board dmg increase.

Nimble blade is pretty awful. If you are critting half the time then only 17.5% of your attacks will get the bonus. This makes this a 3.5% increase for 5 points. Baaaaaad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I tried to get to everyone.
    zalathorm7 wrote: »
    Questions for the OP:
    The only thing I would like to flavor in from this build is more AP regen.
    How do you feel about Cunning Stalker in the Saboteur path?
    How do you feel about Bait and Switch for massive AP regen when popped in circles?
    How do you feel about Brutal Backstab for 25% more crit severity when stealthed over critical teamwork?
    How do you feel about ability score distribution between STR, Dex, and Cha?
    Can you post a pic of your actual feat sheet?

Finally, another theory over in Lunas TR thread is about taking 5/5 in Improved Cunning Sneak over scoundrel training / disciple of strength. Just before the third strike of duelist flurry, you pop stealth. This gets you 2x Duelists Flurries under stealth, which when combined with 20% more action points, and 25% crit severity while in stealth, could buff duelists significantly to outshadow other feats.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?191912-Luna-s-TR-Build-Guide/page5

The AP regen of this build is actually quote good. But I will answer your questions.

Cunning stalker is a nice ability, I would spec into that next should I have the points. We are already gaining additional AP from combat advantage due to Action Advantage, and with this build our steal time is VERY low. We essentially only use it for our primary strike. The majority of our AP is going to be generated from out of stealth duellist flurry in combat advantage, so i see the 5 points are more valuable in underhanded tactics. Plus Nimble Blade is so powerful that it would almost be worth putting the first 5 points into ANYTHING in the first scoundrel tree just to get it.

Bait and Switch does work great in these scenarios. In the guide I only listed the essentials, and i opt to use my third encounter for utility. if you feel you can pull off a lot of damage via AP regen with Bait and Switch then go for it! It helps to have a group that will allow you to arrange your abilities from area to area, but I don't see why this wouldnt be a viable utility option.

Ive been asked about Brutal Backstab before. It is great when you get that guaranteed crit, but the problem is a) you are not always going to be able to stealth, and b) we have so much synergy from being able to crit regularly that I see the overall damage being HIGHER if you simply spec for more crit rather than slightly harder hits on a single attack on a long cooldown. If you manage to smash a boss for a ton of damage via Shocking Execution, and you specced into Devastating Shroud you will see just how powerful a higher crit % really is on Duellist's Flurry.

In regards to STR vs DEX vs Char my opinion is: DEX>STR>CHA. Dex gives you the essential crit. STR ensures that all abilities hit harder AND offers some syndergy (although low) with Disciple of Strength. I personally prefer strength over charisma as it has other utility advantages that i prefer. (who cares about AoE resist if you can roll in and out with some practice?)

Disciple of Strength is weaker compared to where our other points can go. I didn't even mention it in my guide, because these last points are variable. Right now, with 50% crit i believe that Nimble Blade outshines most other abilities with the current synergies, but I 100% agree that swapping to a 5/5 Cunning Stalker and 5/5 Cunning Sneak will come out ahead once our crit % increases to levels that push out the effectiveness of Nimble Blade. The other thing worth mentioning is that scenario is an 'in a perfect world'. It works great vs a boss that just stands there, does no AoE, no knockbacks, no agro whipes, no spins, no targeted attacks, and who doesnt spawn mobs that may attack you. In reality we are moving around a lot, taking occasional hits (even while in stealth) and have to be versatile with our attacks. But I do agree that the maths behind that theory should show a truer higher number...currently I just dont see it being as viable in-game.
    I've got a question. According to the game, Dazzling Blades has a 5% chance at max to remove a second for our encounters. How often does it proc for you when using Duelist's Fury? And is it a reliable method to reduce the CD of our encounters?

Well you pretty much answered the first bit yourself. It procs 5% per attack :p. The nice thing is it procs on every dagger hit of that flurry so per 1-2-3 combo you have a pretty good chance of seeing it at least once. It's hard to say exactly because you may do the entire flurry and not see it once, or you may do it and see it on half the attacks...our cooldowns are not particularly long so i think every second counts.
    aluky wrote: »

There is a difference between Damage Per Second and just Damage. I prefer a build that will just down a boss as fast as possible, hence the single target priority. I don't much care about the total Damage that you see when I hit 'X' at the end of a dungeon. Its pretty easy to spec into something that will give you a bigger damage total, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is the damage that counts.
    1 mistake: You have 31 paragon points listed :P
    You can only go to 4/5 in the 2nd scoundrel feat.

Oops! Typo! Consider this Fixed!
    Some things to consider.

Disciple of strength is confusing and is actually MUCH better than one would read it. It ADDS 6% damage to your strength bonus (It does NOT multiply it by 1.06 which would be awfulm instead say strength gives you 3% bonus it makes it 9%), which pretty much makes it a 6% across the board dmg increase.

Nimble blade is pretty awful. If you are critting half the time then only 17.5% of your attacks will get the bonus. This makes this a 3.5% increase for 5 points. Baaaaaad.

I 100% agree with you. These two talents you are talking about depend on your gear score. My guide was more for people who hit 60 and wanted to see how to perform right out of the gate, but once your GS increases and your non crit becomes the MINORITY then you will see a decrease in performance. Right now a lot of 60 rogues will have 35-40% crit, meaning those last 5 points outshine anything else they could really try. Push 60%+ crit and yes definitely.

What I will do is add this bit at the bottom to explain to others.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Added an update on what happens to the build over 50% crit, and fixed a few errors that people pointed out. This is a work in progress so I appreciate the feedback. Nothing is ever set in stone!
  • Options
    al3xmerceral3xmercer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if yould give me a pvp skill combinatin how would it be*
    Your Touch MY BLISS!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    al3xmercer wrote: »
    if yould give me a pvp skill combinatin how would it be*

PVP really depends on two things: who are you playing with, and who are you playing against.

Opinions vary, and it is difficult to say which build performs better than others like you can in a PvE environment because the situations in PvP are never the same twice, and player skill vs player skill can be a factor. I am sure that the most skilled player can use 0 feats and only auto attack and they will defeat the most unskilled player and his full pvp build. So it can be hard to say what really outshines what.

But, consider your play style. Consider your strengths and your weaknesses. In PvP it is generally better to build against your weaknesses and to supplement your strengths. The Following Link is to a rogue PvP build that focuses on the Scoundrel talents. If you don't agree with the theory behind the build it will at least offer you a jumping off point to craft something of your own.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?200902-TR-Scoundrel-PvP-Build
  • Options
    sopgudensopguden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been using this spec now and the damage you dish out is really good. But i have a question regarding the enchantments, should one focus on getting 50% Crit and then go all out power in offensive slots, Or should one focus on just getting as much crit as possible?

Also what do you guys recommend when it comes to weapon & armor enchants?
  • Options
    rejectiverejective Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if we have a screen shot of the feats on the opening post.

Just saying. :o
  • Options
    hellion83hellion83 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got a question regarding Path of Blades and Blitz. I was testing out Path of Blades today after I got it max rank and I noticed none of the damage ticks ever crit. I had been using Blitz ever since I read this guide and I know for a fact that Blitz can crit and actually do some major damage. I was sad to see that Path of Blades also has a cast timer, probably just as long as Blitz' timer, without the gap widener. Blitz also has half the cooldown that Path of Blades has. Are you sure Path of Blades would do more damage in an AoE scenario?

Right now the only thing I prefer Path of Blades over Blitz is the fact that even against solo monsters, it is still worth casting unlike Blitz. I probably need to test it more though.
  • Options
    wonderbread90wonderbread90 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do you get 50% crit chance? wtf? My tooltip says that I have 13.4% crit and I'm at 7.4k GS
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do you get 50% crit chance? wtf? My tooltip says that I have 13.4% crit and I'm at 7.4k GS
    You should scroll down to the Overall section. It has the total crit chance from dex + feats + gears.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    norunoru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You spent only 18 point in heroic feats, where's the rest 2? :D

Have you ever considered battlewise? In my opinion 3/3 of that is better than the +hp
  • Options
    daiquiri0daiquiri0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you write about which filler and situational powers we should get. And also which stats should be most important for us on items and equipment. Good guide otherwise, I am following it.
  • Options
    coffee1942coffee1942 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a bad starter build I suppose but at higher gear levels there are better things you can incorporate. First off shocking execution IS a pvp skill, there is NEVER a scenario where lurkers assault will not provide more damage than shocking execution on a well geared rogue. Secondly lashing blade is a very bad skill to have in your rotation at a high power/crit/armor pen level. Why? Because at 50%+ crit with 5k+ power and 1k+ armor penetration flurry will just straight up do more damage and it's not even worth interrupting the animation. The key to getting the very highest DPS out of a rogue is to ensure you can ALWAYS flurry. That means if you can "jump" (some abilities can be dodged this way) or interrupt with dazing strike to avoid being interrupted/knockbacked then you use it and more importantly have impossible to catch on your bar. Not only does it make you CC immune but under stealth it makes you flat out invincible. When you learn to stagger your dazes and impossible to catch correctly you should almost NEVER have to break flurries which is the true way to optimize DPS. As a third ability you want your sunder to work into boss rotations. Another thing that should be being discussed is what are optimal weapon enchants for DPS, personally I've found poison to scale really well with flurry and I feel like it adds a ton of DPS over plaguefire but I'd love some more comprehensive testing on weapon enchants to be discussed.
  • Options
    hellion83hellion83 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did this thread die?
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hellion83 wrote: »
    Did this thread die?

Just use Luna's she's current
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    OMG best Guide every... no useless info and everything is straight to the point... thx alot for the info... i'm lvl 32 atm and i think its time to respec my build.. I've been trying to max my stealth duration so I can get in a few Duelist FLurry and then Lashing Blade at the end.. Plus I can stay in stealth longer in pvp... The moment I got to lvl 30 and Opened up Path of the Blade I knew it would be the best AOE for a rogue... To be able to activate it and keep it going while your using other encounters and at wills is huge... My damage went up alot once I got it.. I also use it in pvp while stealth. It ticks faster when you use it while stealth.. it does alot of damage in such a small time frame... Thx alot for the guide

How much did the OP pay you?
  • Options
    run3w0lfrun3w0lf Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i use nearly the same build in pvp and often get the first place, so i think this will do well in both PVE and PVP.