test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requests for Spanish Localization

zoserotezoserote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
This is the question,there are more people to speak spanish languaje in this game,sorry for my english but for people speaking spanish its difficult understand the game for this problem.
Post edited by zoserote on

Comments

• sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »

What does that have anything to do with his question? He's asking if the game is gonna be translated to any other language besides french and german.

And to the OP, I have no idea, but generally games only get these 3 languages (en, fr, de).
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are discussions on translating STO into Spanish and a couple of other languages, I can't see why they wouldn't do it for their other games.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Would like to see it in Traditional Chinese, but it seems that it is not very likely if a very old game is only being considered for Spanish.

Traditional Chinese is very unlikely seeing as PWE doesn't officially allow accounts from that area.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Would like to see it in Traditional Chinese, but it seems that it is not very likely if a very old game is only being considered for Spanish.

Have you seen any official responses to base that off of.
    To date I have seen no word on further localisation but I wouldn't think it unlikely to be expanded in the future.

It is already in some form of chinese but it's limited to those living in china, not sure why it's not available to everybody. I'll pass that question up but I'm not sure how soon we would get an answer as it might involve lawyers and such :p
  • sweetpowahsweetpowah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Por lo pronto no han dicho nada.
  • beckembeckem Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no Spanish, no game
    edited June 2013
    just want is a Spanish server and game in Spanish. So do not bother those who do not speak Spanish
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    beckem wrote: »
    just want is a Spanish server and game in Spanish. So do not bother those who do not speak Spanish
    All shards are getting merged into a single shard anyway, so you won't be getting a seperate Spanish server, just like the Germans and French won't be getting their own (even though the game is available in those languages). And unless you know a translation team willing to work for free, you'll have to prove to PWE that a Spanish translantion is profitable.
  • myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Beckem, sadly I don't think they'll provide language specific servers (as the plan is to merge the existing servers into one at some point in the future).

However, they should absolutely provide localised versions of the client! If they're not doing that already, hopefully it is in the pipeline.
  • grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013

However, they should absolutely provide localised versions of the client! If they're not doing that already, hopefully it is in the pipeline.

Especially true given the rather large size of the Spanish speaking population in the US!
    edited June 2013
    I settle for the client to translate Spanish.
    translating a game is not expensive and if we talk about one of the most spoken languages
  • caprincaprin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grikgid wrote: »
    I am sure you jest and I presume you mean North America (US), for South Americans are all Spanish speaking nations, save Brazil; and I do believe that Spanish is slated to become the major language spoken in some parts of the US in the not too distant future.

Oh really? Is this a normal thing, this you<r opinion>?

-It is his opinion. Respect it please! - Ambisinisterr
    edited June 2013
    I would love them to do as in the guild wars 2. translate only the text and let the voices in the original language. I think the guild wars 2 has given very good results
  • legionprolegionpro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spanish game pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zoserote wrote: »
    This is the question,there are more people to speak spanish languaje in this game,sorry for my english but for people speaking spanish its difficult understand the game for this problem.

You have to join a guild and allign to ....wait thats gauntlgrym. Sorry!
    Kidding aside, I dont know. This topic, as you can see from some of the responses, can spiral quickly out of control with how people think. A lot of people in America are tired of the multi-language XYZ, when the prime language is english in this country. People feel that if you come here, work here, live here, raise a family here learn the language.

But I work for a french company, and here in the states we always say : your english is better than my french. So I have respect for those that speak multiple languages when I do not.
  • hitmanphihitmanphi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to know why Neverwinter is not available in Spanish. Its the 2nd most important language in the world and there are so many spanish players that would play if its was in their language. Its ridiculous that the game is in french and german instead of spanish.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so you are saying that this game shoudl't have german and french but have spanish instead?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hitmanphi wrote: »
    I would like to know why Neverwinter is not available in Spanish. Its the 2nd most important language in the world and there are so many spanish players that would play if its was in their language. Its ridiculous that the game is in french and german instead of spanish.

An awful lot of chinese people would probably disagree :P
    I agree though, it should be translated to spanish.
  • hitmanphihitmanphi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brun2000 wrote: »
    so you are saying that this game shoudl't have german and french but have spanish instead?

What im saying is that if the game is in german or french it should be in spanish as well.
  • loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, a question: because the game has been translated into many more languages ​​(Polish, Turkish and Italian), and was not included the translation into Spanish?

It was based on the laws of each country?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stellaiterstellaiter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello
    I was thinking the same, why?
    Thanks
  • troyuscmtroyuscm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 for spanish translation. Second most spoken language in the Western world.

Gracias!
  • ariakaxariakax Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thinking the same here :)
    "Fiat Iustitia Ruat Caelum"
  • spainleinadspainleinad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good question because it is not in Spanish? It is one of the most spoken languages ​​in the world.
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No tengo dinero para senoritas de la noche!

Seriously though, form a spanish speaking guild.

Developers...there are tools you can use/incorporate to accomodate other languages, build them into your programming. I know, we just did, wasn't as painful as we thought it would be and now we have our SaaS in four different languages.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm asking because the game has been translated into several languages ​​and was not included the translation of the Spanish language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joredu45joredu45 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been wondering the same thing. Why the game has not been translated into Spanish?
  • mahekarmahekar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be really cool to have NWO translated to spanish!
    Las nueces las parto con el nabo y en el pecho me apago los cigarros.
  • mainlandermainlander Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wanna know Neverwinter Why has not been translated in spanish or if there are any intention to translate it.