test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can GF be DPS?

blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Topic. I don't actually have one, but I was just wondering. Now that the million damage bug is gone, can GFs still do decent damage, or are they main tankers only?
Post edited by blazingfist on

Comments

• maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Err you mean the dungeon I just did 10 mins ago?

2Uybi.png

2UyAC.png

2Uz1A.jpg

:D
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So obviously yes...anymore details? :)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes gf is a lot better dps then gwf atm and have very good dps sets while gwf dont have any
  • svinjina1221svinjina1221 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »

2Uybi.png

2UyAC.png

2Uz1A.jpg

Why aren't you using timeless
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im wearing the same thing as maiku except the boots and the neck item (i use a cloak XD aesthetic reasons). Oh and the accessories also, I'm using slavemaster rings and belt. I do 5-7m damage on temple of spider, usually at the top of the list.
  • blrkhroneblrkhrone Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    im wearing the same thing as maiku except the boots and the neck item (i use a cloak XD aesthetic reasons). Oh and the accessories also, I'm using slavemaster rings and belt. I do 5-7m damage on temple of spider, usually at the top of the list.

What enchantments are you using? Guessing your using Stone or Cat pet also?
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can't even get a group as a gf to even get that gear. Everyone wants TR/CW/Cleric combos
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blrkhrone wrote: »
    What enchantments are you using? Guessing your using Stone or Cat pet also?

yes i also have a cat but only lvl 15 (with fugitive neck with azure ench 6 and slave waist with rad 5) :( im using lvl 5 radiants on defensive slots and currently following envy's recommendation of stacking crits (azure lvl 6) for my offense slots. Working on my t2 timeless but alas dont have time these past few days so i only currently have the armor -_-
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    I can't even get a group as a gf to even get that gear. Everyone wants TR/CW/Cleric combos

Well you should thank the development team of Neverwinter for this . The players only want easy ways to get AD and loot you can't really blame them for playing the game as it is right now .
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited May 2013

2Uybi.png

2UyAC.png

2Uz1A.jpg

You've shown that same screenshot over the past few days. Besides, with a 14k gearscore that you achieved by abusing the GF exploit, I would hope you can kill the damage meters.
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

2Uybi.png

2UyAC.png

2Uz1A.jpg

Your gear isn't that good, therefore, I'm gonna say that you're playing with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. However, DPS GF is the highest dps class/spec in the game, I constantly outdps top players in the server by 5-15M.
    edited May 2013
    MpMNwvZ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/MpMNwvZ.jpg

That's how you actually top dps (except you're an orc and you go 18 str 16 con 14 dex STR/DEX)
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you put a screenshot of the powers also, please? ty
  • kyuubiilkyuubiil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Your gear isn't that good, therefore, I'm gonna say that you're playing with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. However, DPS GF is the highest dps class/spec in the game, I constantly outdps top players in the server by 5-15M.

Question being, why is the current meta TR then, not not GF dps -- I mean you have more DR, easier ot heal, and do more damage -- unless it's all tied up in cleaves and therefore useless dps.

Not making an accusatoin, recently rerolled wizard from my GWF because I didn't want to get to the endgame and not be able to do anything, but i'd much rather play something in plate using a sword, just.. ANOTHER reroll to play someting I want to play if it's just going to end up useless is.. eh.
    edited May 2013
    kyuubiil wrote: »
    Question being, why is the current meta TR then, not not GF dps -- I mean you have more DR, easier ot heal, and do more damage -- unless it's all tied up in cleaves and therefore useless dps.

Not making an accusatoin, recently rerolled wizard from my GWF because I didn't want to get to the endgame and not be able to do anything, but i'd much rather play something in plate using a sword, just.. ANOTHER reroll to play someting I want to play if it's just going to end up useless is.. eh.

The meta is: 2 Cleric, 2 CW (AoE/Single Target), 1 TR (Single Target) This is because people think you need 2 CW to mantain perma blackhole, however, that's not true. When a single CW can mantain perma blackhole, then dps GF is the best position possible for the party. We do very high single target dps when using the correct encounters and do UNMATCHED AoE dps. I've parsed my dps and saw values up to 50k dps at intense aoe moments (and that 50k dps is constant, it's not a wild peak).
    edited May 2013
    mrh, might as well.. Maybe i'll get lucky and find a guild who'll take me for their reindeer games -- I prefer fighters, being forced to play a wizard was bothering me anyhow.

Any tips? I noticed you built mostly like I would have looking at the trees, but.. why bull rush over lunging strike? why threatening rush in the aoe spec (.. only marks in aoe, iirc, and we're not trying to tank here, or are we? I mean, I guess naturally due to AC and defense we'd be tanks but..)

Any advice for leveling, even.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013

2Uybi.png

2UyAC.png

2Uz1A.jpg

why do you keep posting the same pic over and over again from days ago? are you publicly showing that you did the GF exploit or something and getting away with it or what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    You've shown that same screenshot over the past few days. Besides, with a 14k gearscore that you achieved by abusing the GF exploit, I would hope you can kill the damage meters.

I don't really care about GS, it's a DPS issue here, so please don't be misled by the mistype by Cryptic when it does actually have the correct POWER in my stats due to the CORRECT description my SKILLS provide me.
    why do you keep posting the same pic over and over again from days ago? are you publicly showing that you did the GF exploit or something and getting away with it or what?

You guys are hilarious. Please, tell me what exploits are being used here? Don't have to be mad because you can't achieve my DPS Mr. Perfect Soulforge GF. :) Oh, sorry you mean the mistype for GS by Cryptic? Lol.. That surely changes all gameplay and is totally abusing the game..

Here's a present, CN done until 3rd boss. Same gear. Patched up to 17/5/13, please explain your exploit theories. I'd love to hear them and giggle.

2UFML.png

2UFRD.jpg

2UFRN.jpg

PS: Oh right, you've never seen these pics? Maybe the reason why I post the same pictures on different threads because not everyone reads the whole forum.. stop qqing. All my ss are legit and posted after GF exploits. I've never exploited any bosses, nor am I banned. All I was doing was posting pics to OP about dps. Don't need to hate on it.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
    edited May 2013
    kyuubiil wrote: »
    mrh, might as well.. Maybe i'll get lucky and find a guild who'll take me for their reindeer games -- I prefer fighters, being forced to play a wizard was bothering me anyhow.

Any tips? I noticed you built mostly like I would have looking at the trees, but.. why bull rush over lunging strike? why threatening rush in the aoe spec (.. only marks in aoe, iirc, and we're not trying to tank here, or are we? I mean, I guess naturally due to AC and defense we'd be tanks but..)

Any advice for leveling, even.

I have lunging on every single one. Enforced threat is actually good dps and action point gain, when you aren't cleaving more than 5 targets you should use it. It also helps stack up stalwart passive.
    edited May 2013
    snip
    Calm down. You're posting screenies that are irrelevant; isolated damage meters don't mean ****. You're not even using stalwart, so you shouldn't outdps anyone by that much. Nevertheless, dps GF should outdps top players by 8-15M when optimized on CN (until dracolich where CWs push 24 million mobs off the side and have "fake" damage).
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Turns out i'm just an idiot, for some reason the lunging strike icon was registering as Into the Frey in my head, heh.

Thanks.
  • kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Forgett what i said.
    edited May 2013
    Calm down. You're posting screenies that are irrelevant; isolated damage meters don't mean ****. You're not even using stalwart, so you shouldn't outdps anyone by that much. Nevertheless, dps GF should outdps top players by 8-15M when optimized on CN (until dracolich where CWs push 24 million mobs off the side and have "fake" damage).

Isolated? Are you blind? Stalwart is a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, don't even need it to out-dps top players. I'd rather stable stats rather than having to be hit 5 times to gain stats. 1.5 rec is more than enough to max AP meter with 3 skills.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
    edited May 2013
    Isolated? Are you blind? Stalwart is a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, don't even need it to out-dps top players. I'd rather stable stats rather than having to be hit 5 times to gain stats. 1.5 rec is more than enough to max AP meter with 3 skills.

I have done the math, don't even try to spread lies. Other sets are only better vs bosses where you are soloing the boss and don't get hit. I know 1.5 sec is not more than enough to get max AP meter because you only have 1.3k recovery. Into the Fray is not a good skill for dps, sure, it gives decent AP gain, but no damage and takes a very long to cast. Enforced Threat is better.

Recovery 3k > ArP 2k > Power (crit from gear)

You are following envy's way of gearing, yet he gears for PvP, not PvE.

By isolated I mean 2 cases of you outdpsing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> doesn't mean ****. Learn the meaning of the word.
    edited May 2013
    I have done the math, don't even try to spread lies. Other sets are only better vs bosses where you are soloing the boss and don't get hit. I know 1.5 sec is not more than enough to get max AP meter because you only have 1.3k recovery. Into the Fray is not a good skill for dps, sure, it gives decent AP gain, but no damage and takes a very long to cast. Enforced Threat is better.

Recovery 3k > ArP 2k > Power (crit from gear)

You are following envy's way of gearing, yet he gears for PvP, not PvE.

By isolated I mean 2 cases of you outdpsing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> doesn't mean ****. Learn the meaning of the word.

Your maths equation can't calculate skills of a player. Maybe you're just **** because I assume you are since you can't believe I did it legit. I mean you're just assume those players are '<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>' right? I train the whole map and with one surge I gain half AP then I'd block and gain my other half. Unfortunate that you can't calculate a class completely even when you're playing it and using maths, that's how bad you are. Now stop trolling because you can't get good.

PS: Maths on skills doesn't affect the whole equation. You don't know what armor enchant or weapon enchant I'm using so no need to talk **** mate. They factor in a lot. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
    edited May 2013
    Your maths equation can't calculate skills of a player. Maybe you're just **** because I assume you are since you can't believe I did it legit. I mean you're just assume those players are '<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>' right? I train the whole map and with one surge I gain half AP then I'd block and gain my other half. Unfortunate that you can't calculate a class completely even when you're playing it and using maths, that's how bad you are. Now stop trolling because you can't get good.

PS: Maths on skills doesn't affect the whole equation. You don't know what armor enchant or weapon enchant I'm using so no need to talk **** mate. They factor in a lot. :)

Frontline Surge hits 3 targets max; gives roughly 40% for hitting 3 targets at 3k recovery. Soulforge doesn't change ****. I have Greater plaguefire too. I never said you didn't do that legit, I'm saying the people you grouped with are horrible and that isolated damage meters don't mean anything. I love how you resort to Ad Hominem when you can't make compelling arguements.

Btw, I don't mind you bieng subpar because of your stubborness, i'll keep being the highest dps in the server.
  • vrypowrfulvrypowrful Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stalwart Bulwark is by far the best set, simple math and testing gives this result..

I think it's overlooked because it's t1 and not t2 as if that means anything lol.
  • porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    The real question is- will it ever be possible for GF to do anything except dps?
  • vrypowrfulvrypowrful Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope so, I went full on tank build when I first started, but soon realized it's pretty useless to build that way.