test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to be viable late game as a GWF

laeduslaedus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
You don't you reroll as Cleric, Wizad or Rogue instead. LOL!

I'm a 60 GWF with 9.3k GS, and no it is nowhere near viable. It's mediocre in PvP for how bad it does in PvE, when people kick you in T2 Parties for being a GWF there is something wrong with your balance.

Leveling 5 - 15 is horrible

At 16 It just gets better a bit because you will get a cleric companion and if you don't you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
It doesn't get to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in PvP until 40's, you only run around trying to at-will people for ridiculous small damage considering how slow the animation is or hope they are stupid enough that they wont dodge your obvious abilities while casting, seriously? A wizard can choke me before I can even land flourish even if I cast it first and nothing happens, A rogue can smoke bomb you before it lands and nothing happens, a GF can knock you away before it lands and nothing happens, it has what? a mediocre damage with a 1 second stun if you spec for it.

At 40 - 60, you do Mediocre damage in PvP and a few stuns that's about it. Mostly you will use Unstoppable to run because it triggers when you are like 40% HP and by this time a Rogue and a CW will be 1 hitting you once it's over.

You can only use it offensively if you have a cleric to refill your HP.

You can't dodge obvious huge damage dealing abilities, because guess what? You don't have a dodge, I tried running away from that TR daily and it still gets me even I exhausted all my stamina from sprinting this happens pretty much to all other dailies.

PvE T2 dungeons don't want you because you don't deal enough damage or doesn't have enough CC, they would rather run 2 Wiz, 2 Cleric 1 Rogue or any combination of those three as long as those three are present. If you use CC encounters a Wizard will out damage you and still has more CC than you, if you Spec for damage it doesn't matter because who kills adds anymore? they just push them off the ledge and let them chill on the ground floor and sometimes they die if there's some sort of lava or any other harmful stuff in there, on boss you just CC the adds while the rogue kills the boss.

See? on PvE a Cleric is a must, a Wizard is a must, a Rogue is a must. A GWF and a Guard isn't that's horrible balancing right there considering most people defend the PvP's balance by saying it's a PvE game. Guess what even in PvE GWF's aren't viable!

TL : DR a GWF QQing for how bad his class is.
Post edited by laedus on

Comments

• saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is stupid, stop being dumb and putting stupid things on the internet. You know how to be a good GWF, you do not suck and actually be good at the game. Simple.

I am 100% sure I would out damage you as a tr or cw. Just stop dumb threads like this.

Coming from a GWF who clears t2 epics easy.. just saying. Pretty sure I can get a group easy and most people rather have me than some tr
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • laeduslaedus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ORLY? Maybe because you're some sort of celebrity or stuff, a random GWF gets instakicked for parties for being GWF son. Please tell me how pushing of ledges isn't more faster than actually killing the mobs, and how it's much faster to DPS and Perma CC the adds with 2 control wiz while TR's deal with the boss. Please tell me what your role in a dungeon, because by now everybody knows people don't need a tank much worse an off tank.
  • saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dps, and do a **** ton of it. AOE adds on bosses like crazy. Sorry the groups I run with are not ***** and need to knock everything off edges. Sorry we play the game and use a GWF as AOE dps. Sorry I off tank so our cleric does not have stuff on him constantly. Maybe you should just practice, get good and come back.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
    edited May 2013
    Oh so you're in a premade 5 man dungeon group and not with some pugs you found in zone chat, because everyone agrees to DPS the mobs instead of pushing them off ledges, and everyone agrees on your dreams of becoming Brad Pit someday. kay.

That explains everything.
    edited May 2013
    No, also have run with pugs plenty of times. Maybe you need to find better players something.
    edited May 2013
    It must be all sorts of unicorns and candies in there bro.
  • airlianairlian Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saviorgun wrote: »
    No, also have run with pugs plenty of times. Maybe you need to find better players something.

For someone who says to stop posting dumb stuff on the internet, none of your posts was helpful at all.
  • v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agreed with the op..finding a party for t2 with gwf is hard
    edited May 2013
    Go to my guide. There is a video of a t2 dragon fight
    AS A GWF with A GF in party.

No edges, no cheese, no anything. simple fight. want a link?
    edited May 2013
    airlian wrote: »
    For someone who says to stop posting dumb stuff on the internet, none of your posts was helpful at all.

Except my guide is considered the best pve GWF guide on the forums. Yup I have contributed nothing. good talk.
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

How you find better players when you get instakicked from PuG the moment leader sees you're GWF? They do not check your GS, they do not ask you if you know how to play. Just back to loading screen, and protector's enclave it is. Joining a guild helps ofcourse, I just joined one, and actually got a go at T2 dungeon first time in about week.
    edited May 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    How you find better players when you get instakicked from PuG the moment leader sees you're GWF? They do not check your GS, they do not ask you if you know how to play. Just back to loading screen, and protector's enclave it is. Joining a guild helps ofcourse, I just joined one, and actually got a go at T2 dungeon first time in about week.

This falls into find better players... find a guild.. not hard. Forums are tough to use to find one I hear.
    edited May 2013
    That's the thing there man, people like cheese they want the easy stuff, why would they bother taking the hard route with a random GWF in Zone Chat?
    edited May 2013
    I would take a GWF who said I am not a huge ***** lets kill it over someone who said lets KB it off a cliff
  • v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in other words..you have to kiss someone butt in order to get a spot on t2 dungeon oh i get it

thank you for your teaching sensei
    edited May 2013
    v4ngel wrote: »
    in other words..you have to kiss someone butt in order to get a spot on t2 dungeon oh i get it

thank you for your teaching sensei

GUILDS are a myth. Friends are also hard to make.
    edited May 2013
    I would take a GWF who said I am not a huge ***** lets kill it over someone who said lets KB it off a cliff

It's you 90% of the people thinks it's a waste of time, because you can insta-gib them off the cliff.

I'm not QQing about the damage we deal, I'm QQing about how our mechanics work it simply is not needed in the current meta of dungeon runs. The majority of the population of the game are sheep who agrees with it, we cannot justify taking longer time than insta-gibbing adds because we are Half Orc GWF with Huge Sword and definitely more manly than that Elf Wizard who doesn't want his hands to get dirty cause it's gross.
    edited May 2013
    And when you fix boss so you can not KB **** and they do not kill anything cause of adds they will come crying to your feet.

I know a group who was a total pug who uses 2 GWF, 1 tank 1 dps. They became a static and cleared everything.
    edited May 2013
    And when you fix boss so you can not KB **** and they do not kill anything cause of adds they will come crying to your feet.

I know a group who was a total pug who uses 2 GWF, 1 tank 1 dps. They became a static and cleared everything.

I made my point then, notice how I use "current meta" and you said "When you fix the bosses".

GWF's are CURRENTLY not required to do a successful fast dungeon run, and majority of the population agrees with it.

Thus instagibbing majority of the pug GWF's, in the scenario you stated above which is rare I doubt people are willing to try new stuff when the current meta is just easy cheese.
  • izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to understand something.

No guardian = no queue.

Take a moment and get that through your head.
    edited May 2013
    Then re-roll or quit. My point is still the same. Give up and whine more. You are making people who will actually like the class and put the effort in to play it not want to roll one. All these threads do the same thing constantly complain makes people who might be good at the class a bad taste before they even try it.
    edited May 2013
    izolda wrote: »
    You need to understand something.

No guardian = no queue.

Take a moment and get that through your head.

This post made so much sense, now I understand the meaning of life and death, the stars of the galaxies and why we even existed in the first place. Thanks man.
    edited May 2013
    Well was fun, talking in this 38998234 thread about how bad GWF is. Thanks for making the class seem even worse. Bravo.
  • etlionetlion Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2yozndt.jpg
    Now what i have to do?
    edited May 2013
    I've proven my point that it is not viable and Wiz, Rogue, Cleric is the only requirement to do a successful fast run.
    Additionally that Random GWF's PuGs are instakicked from T2 runs.
    Nice talking to you too random citizen.
    edited May 2013
    etlion wrote: »
    2yozndt.jpg
    Now what i have to do?

Dude why are you AFKing at base?
  • etlionetlion Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you seen the damage of that?
    its WICKED SICK
  • usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    laedus wrote: »
    You don't you reroll as Cleric, Wizad or Rogue instead. LOL!

I'm a 60 GWF with 9.3k GS, and no it is nowhere near viable. It's mediocre in PvP for how bad it does in PvE, when people kick you in T2 Parties for being a GWF there is something wrong with your balance.

Leveling 5 - 15 is horrible

At 16 It just gets better a bit because you will get a cleric companion and if you don't you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    It doesn't get to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in PvP until 40's, you only run around trying to at-will people for ridiculous small damage considering how slow the animation is or hope they are stupid enough that they wont dodge your obvious abilities while casting, seriously? A wizard can choke me before I can even land flourish even if I cast it first and nothing happens, A rogue can smoke bomb you before it lands and nothing happens, a GF can knock you away before it lands and nothing happens, it has what? a mediocre damage with a 1 second stun if you spec for it.

At 40 - 60, you do Mediocre damage in PvP and a few stuns that's about it. Mostly you will use Unstoppable to run because it triggers when you are like 40% HP and by this time a Rogue and a CW will be 1 hitting you once it's over.

You can only use it offensively if you have a cleric to refill your HP.

You can't dodge obvious huge damage dealing abilities, because guess what? You don't have a dodge, I tried running away from that TR daily and it still gets me even I exhausted all my stamina from sprinting this happens pretty much to all other dailies.

PvE T2 dungeons don't want you because you don't deal enough damage or doesn't have enough CC, they would rather run 2 Wiz, 2 Cleric 1 Rogue or any combination of those three as long as those three are present. If you use CC encounters a Wizard will out damage you and still has more CC than you, if you Spec for damage it doesn't matter because who kills adds anymore? they just push them off the ledge and let them chill on the ground floor and sometimes they die if there's some sort of lava or any other harmful stuff in there, on boss you just CC the adds while the rogue kills the boss.

See? on PvE a Cleric is a must, a Wizard is a must, a Rogue is a must. A GWF and a Guard isn't that's horrible balancing right there considering most people defend the PvP's balance by saying it's a PvE game. Guess what even in PvE GWF's aren't viable!

TL : DR a GWF QQing for how bad his class is.

+1 for the post.

But saviorgun is right too, roll other class if this doesn't fit your style.
    I still play my GWF because I like the class, even it's not 100% what I expected. When I got bored, I just switch to my alt TR and play.
    In term of dps, I am not really satisfy with GWF, but maybe that what the DEV intended this class to be, I don't know and I don't really care anymore.
    I know you got frustrated because GWF is not what you expected, I was there too. But posting this thread won't help you, instead you will end up arguing with other people who have different opinion. Look, how many threads you find in the forum complaining about GWF, I think you would understand.
    Standby and wait for new change coming up or roll another class and play. It's up to you.
    edited May 2013
    usagi2697 wrote: »
    +1 for the post.

But saviorgun is right too, roll other class if this doesn't fit your style.
    I still play my GWF because I like the class, even it's not 100% what I expected. When I got bored, I just switch to my alt TR and play.
    In term of dps, I am not really satisfy with GWF, but maybe that what the DEV intended this class to be, I don't know and I don't really care anymore.
    I know you got frustrated because GWF is not what you expected, I was there too. But posting this thread won't help you, instead you will end up arguing with other people who have different opinion. Look, how many threads you find in the forum complaining about GWF, I think you would understand.
    Standby and wait for new change coming up or roll another class and play. It's up to you.

It fits my playstyle indeed I like AoEing mobs and killing them, but it's just not a good pick for a dungeon group.
    I'm just hoping that when PWE gets enough bad feedback they will fix the class as soon as possible. Devs base their fixes on players opinion and how much players are making the same point, logically at least. When one person QQ's that GWF's aren't doing that good it's easily disregarded because he might just be bad, or has the wrong spec. Unless of course he backs his claims with legit facts.

But when hundreds and thousands of people QQ on the same exact point, it gives the Devs second thoughts, specially if some are well backed with facts. Negative feedbacks from players help balance the game if the Devs are listening.

Like you said thousands of threads has been created regarding this point, but has the devs done anything about it yet? none
    So expect another thousands of threads to come unless they fix it.

QQ's are sometimes useful

It proves that a player cares about the game and a class, tho it maybe annoying sometimes because it is badly written or not backed up with facts. People who QQ are people who cares, no matter what they say about quitting the game.
  • ashenrustashenrust Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i jsut made a post on this my self , i agree completely with the orignal poster , gwf dosent work , it in now way performs any roll that every single other class cant do better . and across the board it performs worse then every single class at any given task .

heres what i wrote for the other thread

"a dead horse .. GWF problums

to sum it up , gwf lack any type of effective damage ,and damage avoidence and mitiagation are not = in anyway to any other class while doing less damage and haveign less effective cc and aoe , it is lesser in every respect and shines at nothing .

i suggest double <or more > dmg increse to the atwills ,or avrage the total at will dmg , but make it a 2 step combo useable on the move . add a parry effect to sprint <built in non speced> for 50% dmg reduction . increase dmg of all encounters and some of the dailys .

this is not a ltp , its poor design . "

pvp is a prime example , i have never played a mmo in pvp where casters and other squishys could just sit and ignore a 2 handed weapon fighter , i see this as a gwf , and as a rouge or cw <the 3 classes i play>, i watch it happen all the time , from every perspective , they just cant perform . at 60 i have never ever been killed by a gwf .infact i totaly ignore them attacking me , and that is poor design .