test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to be viable late game as a GWF

2»

Comments

• ashenrustashenrust Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Then re-roll or quit. My point is still the same. Give up and whine more. You are making people who will actually like the class and put the effort in to play it not want to roll one. All these threads do the same thing constantly complain makes people who might be good at the class a bad taste before they even try it."

some how you missed something , the class is broken , just because your premade group is carryign your class dosent mean that you are a bad player or that any one else is . i see this all the time in the gwf pvp<i know your talkign pve but it still applys > threads " i destory x class on my gwf " , no you dont , those 3 cw 60 yards back just destoryed the same guy you targeted . or maby the 2 clerics kept you alive long enough to feel like you did somethign . gwf is poorly designed the orginal poster called it right , and my post above says what i think about it and possable soulutions .

the class needs help , and if it gets help you will still be the same player you are now . wrongly insisting that its fine<and you are the only one that knows how to play it > , to keep your ego happy , is not helpign you or any one that is playign or wants to play the gwf .
  • laeduslaedus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashenrust wrote: »
    "Then re-roll or quit. My point is still the same. Give up and whine more. You are making people who will actually like the class and put the effort in to play it not want to roll one. All these threads do the same thing constantly complain makes people who might be good at the class a bad taste before they even try it."

some how you missed something , the class is broken , just because your premade group is carryign your class dosent mean that you are a bad player or that any one else is . i see this all the time in the gwf pvp<i know your talkign pve but it still applys > threads " i destory x class on my gwf " , no you dont , those 3 cw 60 yards back just destoryed the same guy you targeted . or maby the 2 clerics kept you alive long enough to feel like you did somethign . gwf is poorly designed the orginal poster called it right , and my post above says what i think about it and possable soulutions .

the class needs help , and if it gets help you will still be the same player you are now . wrongly insisting that its fine<and you are the only one that knows how to play it > , to keep your ego happy , is not helpign you or any one that is playign or wants to play the gwf .

I too do not understand people claiming GWF is fine, it seems being the last choice for a group and being kicked by random PuG group for being a GWF is fine.

The gentleman above keeps pointing out that GWF's are good at destroying the mobs, but agrees "tho he doesn't say it, but clearly doesn't argue that wizards CC'ing and pushing mobs off cliff is better"; his argument from what I understand is pushing mobs off cliff is not manly and CC'ing mobs while killing the boss should be fixed, and to find "random" better players.

Which I find rather funny.
  • imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Saviorgun, your premade could easily adjust its setup and do things twice as good.
    Sure, you can manage with a GWF, but that doesn't make the class fine or able to compete with the other DD classes.

The problem is not only GWF, just buffing its damage isn't gonna do jack sh*t but shift the viability of DD classes.
    Theres a fundamental problem when any mitigation classes, aka tanks, aren't even usable. Getting multiple DDers and Clerics solves all the problems and does everything much better and more efficiently.
    Wether you can do it as a GWF or not is irrelevant, the fact is still that they can't compete with others.

Assuming you are also forced to roll a specific build (for several classes), limiting them even more. Considering versatility in this game is already non-existant.

I like this game and i'm gonna continue playing it for awhile. This game has alot of potential, but unless they fix some fundamental problems, its gonna suffer.
  • saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imobius wrote: »
    Saviorgun, your premade could easily adjust its setup and do things twice as good.
    Sure, you can manage with a GWF, but that doesn't make the class fine or able to compete with the other DD classes.

The problem is not only GWF, just buffing its damage isn't gonna do jack sh*t but shift the viability of DD classes.
    Theres a fundamental problem when any mitigation classes, aka tanks, aren't even usable. Getting multiple DDers and Clerics solves all the problems and does everything much better and more efficiently.
    Wether you can do it as a GWF or not is irrelevant, the fact is still that they can't compete with others.

Assuming you are also forced to roll a specific build (for several classes), limiting them even more. Considering versatility in this game is already non-existant.

I like this game and i'm gonna continue playing it for awhile. This game has alot of potential, but unless they fix some fundamental problems, its gonna suffer.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GWF DAMAGE! We already are top or second barely. If they buff GWF then this game will go to ****. IE, you want use to be tanks/able to CC/and do most damage by a lot. Sound legit. It is a hybrid class, not a striker or defender but a mix of both. In no way should we out damage a TR single target or CW aoe but when you do a zone of both you can compete.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • etlionetlion Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just hitted 60 with my GFW and this is my recopilation:
    -Early Levels are easy as pie
    -At 16 its even more easy tanks to a my cleric companion
    -First Skirmishes doing fine and good first dps and even the first in the tank chart
    -First PVP kinda difficult but still good, good damage and somewhat good resistance
    -Level 30 start to being second or third in DPS barely passing the healer and the tank
    -In PVP i cant catch mages tough i can still beat rogues
    -Level 40: DPS falls even more the Tank is dealing more damage than me thank god am still outdamaging the Priest
    -Mages Crit me for 17 and Rogues Crit me for 15 still can kill tanks atleast
    -Level 50: People start to kick me from PVP
    -I scratch people in pvp i still cant catch mages or when i get close they dodge i try to make them waste all the jumps and then use flourish it hit them for 4k
    -i can kill some rogues but a good rogue i cant fight him i dodge the stun with sprint or charge but the kill me with 2 skills
    -Tanks hits me for 5k and heal with me
    -Priest laugh at me
    -Level 60
    -One Mage hit me 26k with his dailly
    -I went to sleep
    -Watched some series
    -Go to random dungeon
    -Get Kick
    yay fun
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saviorgun wrote: »
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GWF DAMAGE! We already are top or second barely. If they buff GWF then this game will go to ****. IE, you want use to be tanks/able to CC/and do most damage by a lot. Sound legit. It is a hybrid class, not a striker or defender but a mix of both. In no way should we out damage a TR single target or CW aoe but when you do a zone of both you can compete.

Have to agree with Savior, he's absolutely right. I PvP about 13 hours a day avrg and encounter a fair share of GWF's. Mind you, I don't know all the exact names of their attacks but I do know the strategy/range etc behind them. A good GWF is possibly the best teammate that you can have (excluding a good cleric obv, lol). The knockdown build can pretty much take any opponent from full to 0 lp if the attack sequence and timing is correctly executed. If they get buffed this would only become easier - too easy.

The main reasons why GWF's are seen as bad is because they do appear to be pretty bad and easy to kill if the player is bad +because of all the QQ threads that are being made by pre lvl 60 GWF's who expected the man with the huge sword to fulfill their bland easywin desires.

@Etlion: I would advice you to check out Saviors guide or other info about GWF's at lvl 60. They have atleast 1 viable build that makes them a force to be reckoned with for endgame purposes.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;