test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Five hours played as a lvl 60 ... already bored.

Comments

• Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why? I'm not fortunate to have a group of friends who are all level 60 yet, and the queue system is horribly broken.

Waiting in 3 simultaneous queues, I've gotten into 1 party on Mindflayer in 5 hours of standing in town at primetime hours. And that party was provided 4 CW's & 1 cleric. Seriously?

The queue system is horribly broken. Please fix it asap or I will be moving on to another game that doesn't waste my free time doing absolutely nothing but waiting to play.

And for those inevitable responses from people who will claim to have never waited more than 10 mins in any Epic queue ... it doesn't change the fact that many players are sitting in them perpetually, and not playing the game. Good for you. When people aren't sitting in the queues for hours, then it won't need fixing.

You should try playing the foundry quest in my signature, its a fun mystrey with nice tidbits of humor with some good fighting I think you would really enjoy the story.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    And this is why I find myself using the Foundry now. Simply because level 60 is pretty much a joke without having your friends, or certain members online on your "Friends" list to form a party with.

No one can really deny the fact that the queue system in this game is terrible. I mean, the Closed Beta portion of Neverwinter had a better queue system then the garbage we're handed now. I wonder went wrong down the road anyways.

Even once you form a party, and queue that party in for a dungeon, it takes 5 minutes just for the damned dungeon to start. I've never seen a worse excuse for a a queue system.

However... It's PWE, and you should've expected nothing less but for them to have took your $200, unzip their pants, and slap you in the face with their... Well, I'd best stop there.

LOL nice visual. :) This is my first PWE game, has been quite the educational experience. Haven't MMO'd much for the last couple years, burned out years ago. Loved CoH some time back, tho.
  • Options
    frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luther8 wrote: »
    You should try playing the foundry quest in my signature, its a fun mystrey with nice tidbits of humor with some good fighting I think you would really enjoy the story.

Cool thanks, I'll check it out. :)
  • Options
    izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why? I'm not fortunate to have a group of friends who are all level 60 yet, and the queue system is horribly broken.

Waiting in 3 simultaneous queues, I've gotten into 1 party on Mindflayer in 5 hours of standing in town at primetime hours. And that party was provided 4 CW's & 1 cleric. Seriously?

The queue system is horribly broken. Please fix it asap or I will be moving on to another game that doesn't waste my free time doing absolutely nothing but waiting to play.

And for those inevitable responses from people who will claim to have never waited more than 10 mins in any Epic queue ... it doesn't change the fact that many players are sitting in them perpetually, and not playing the game. Good for you. When people aren't sitting in the queues for hours, then it won't need fixing.

Well few things.

1) Bye, nice knowing you.

2) Do you realize that this is a new game, there are few ppl lv60 right? Seriously dude, get a life, lv60 in 2 weeks? wtf that's sad....stop QQ

3) Let me guess, you are another dps class? thanks god this game at least has queue, other games like GW2 and WOW don't even have a stupid match making system. We NVM players are spoiled.

4) Reroll a tank. Queue problem solve, the queue is not broken. Players are! people need to stop playing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dps (because it's for noobs and more fun?) and be a tank for once, somebody gotta tank. Rule 4 of MMO.

5) The strength of this game is FOUNDRY. Many need to understand that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Spoiled by a matchmaking system that ... doesn't work. Excellent reasoning. There are tons of 60's standing around trying to use the queue system. Get to 60 & then maybe have an informed opinion before you spout off in forums. A novel notion, I know.

I'll agree w/ your statement about the Foundry, at least. It will be interesting to see what comes around in time. It's a shame the rest of your post was total generic interweb troll d-baggery.
  • Options
    hosteezhosteez Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your going to move onto a different game after you spent money to buy a free game? Lol.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    starbigamo wrote: »
    What you guys want, that the devs get tanks and healers to play with you? Like i said already, all went for the op classes bandwagon now you pay a price, the group finder is working super fine, i NEVER had to wait more than 2 minutes to get a party going... Why? Cause i play Guardian Fighter. You morons know that 90% (guessed number :D ) of the players play TR and CW, and dare to complain about the queue system when it take a lot of time to find a "proper" group?

Want to be joined by NPCs?

That being said i am doing really little epics cause the pugs suck in this game, not devs fault, the players are just BAD specially the GWF and TR players... most cant even stop focusing the boss when 55646343 adds spawn and then come to the forums complain about "op" ads, just plain incompetence...

Resuming:
    -Want to have REALLY fast queue? Play a GF.

Yeah I usually play clerics for that reason. Tried it in NWO, just didn't enjoy how the class played. My other preferred role is CC, but yeah there's way too many CW's around right now. GF seemed really dull to me, the very short time I played one.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I was willing to give it a shot, but the group wouldn't go w/out a tank & cleric.

But you had a cleric..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hosteez wrote: »
    Your going to move onto a different game after you spent money to buy a free game? Lol.....

I'm used to buying all my games. Just part of the expense of the hobby.

I'll just be playing something else while I wait for friends & guildies to level up. It's clear I can't do endgame content in NWO w/out premades. Queue system in NWO is broken, which is really all the OP was about. Would like to see it fixed so it doesn't take 30-60 minutes to get matched up w/ badly balanced parties. At least match me up w/ a badly balanced party in a few mins, eh?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    But you had a cleric..

The "&" in my sentence is important. ;)
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "&" in my sentence is important. ;)

After playing CoX, my standpoint is we don't need tanks or healers.

Beaten all Tier1 elite dungeons (except dragon) without them. I really don't see the need of one there. NWO has so many bad or should I say lazy players atm, sad.
  • Options
    izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spoiled by a matchmaking system that ... doesn't work. Excellent reasoning. There are tons of 60's standing around trying to use the queue system. Get to 60 & then maybe have an informed opinion before you spout off in forums. A novel notion, I know.

I'll agree w/ your statement about the Foundry, at least. It will be interesting to see what comes around in time. It's a shame the rest of your post was total generic interweb troll d-baggery.

Just because you don't like the fact i have to say about the truth of MMO doesn't mean you can call me troll blah blah blah <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, lame excuse.

Match system is fine, the problem is too many people decide it's more fun being warrior wizard or omg king of dps rogue. If there are like 1000 stupid DPS and only 10 tanks guess what? someone need to wait. Supply and demand. 1000 people trying to enter 10 doors at same time probably will not happen.

As tank it never take me more than 30 sec to find queue.

So shut up and go play a freaking tank, again, someone gotta tank, end this whining. Some body is teaching you DPS lover a lesson here and some just too ignorant to understand. In that case stop QQ and enjoy the long queue

You don't see people complain about Queue in other games, cause there NONE. Guess what? they stand in the middle of town and spam shout like a troll
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »
    After playing CoX, my standpoint is we don't need tanks or healers.

Beaten all Tier1 elite dungeons (except dragon) without them. I really don't see the need of one there. NWO has so many bad or should I say lazy players atm, sad.

Well you really dont want to do these without a Cleric. Agree that you "can" do it if peoples drink potions like mad.
    But without a GF... thats what you want because GF only slows your team down.

For all the people who says "roll of GF if you want instant queue" You might get a fast queue in lvl 60, but the kick from the group is even faster when peoples see you. And if you get the leadership, other will just leave.

Eventually you end up trying to find premade group in enclave, fast realizing you have no role in the game as your tanking ability sucks and your DPS sucks even more. Now all you can do is cry yourself into sleep in misery. And yeah, good luck trying to find a guild that wants you, I havent. After all, who wants to recruit a GF they have to carry over in dungeons while they could just take another DPS instead?
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get a good guild.
    I can party all day with mine if I want to.
    And Im a rogue with 8.45k gs.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    izolda wrote: »
    So shut up and go play a freaking tank, again, someone gotta tank, end this whining. Some body is teaching you DPS lover a lesson here and some just too ignorant to understand. In that case stop QQ and enjoy the long queue

I think I would rather level alts than to spend even a minute of my recreation time with abusive, full-of-themselves individuals like you.

See, there is a reason why people play CWs and TRs, and that reason is that they are fun. Cleric and GF can be enjoyable too, but for a Cleric you want a good group, which means that random groups are probably not ideal, especially with the aggro situation as it is. No one actually needs a GF, it is just the queue system that thinks there should be one. Someone like Envy or R, sure, any time. But most tanks in this game try to actually tank and soak damage, which makes them fairly useless. So, no, nobody "gotta tank". All you need for T2 are CWs and a Cleric or two, with a TR being luxury.

It is a game. Telling people to play something they don't enjoy doesn't make much sense. You may get faster queues, but what's the point if it is not a class you want to play? It is not a job you get paid for. The solution is to make more people want to play GF or Cleric. Or to change the matchmaking system to not require a GF, because, as mentioned, they are not needed. A Cleric is, in T2.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    susanosusano Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well few things.

1) Bye, nice knowing you.

2) Do you realize that this is a new game, there are few ppl lv60 right? Seriously dude, get a life, lv60 in 2 weeks? wtf that's sad....stop QQ

3) Let me guess, you are another dps class? thanks god this game at least has queue, other games like GW2 and WOW don't even have a stupid match making system. We NVM players are spoiled.

4) Reroll a tank. Queue problem solve, the queue is not broken. Players are! people need to stop playing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dps (because it's for noobs and more fun?) and be a tank for once, somebody gotta tank. Rule 4 of MMO.

Quit being a condescending prick, you ridiculous fanboy. Bad design isn't reason--even in the slightest sense--to forgo fun . "People need to stop playing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dps because it's for noobs[...]". Goddamned moron.
    imivo wrote: »
    I think I would rather level alts than to spend even a minute of my recreation time with abusive, full-of-themselves individuals like you.

See, there is a reason why people play CWs and TRs, and that reason is that they are fun. Cleric and GF can be enjoyable too, but for a Cleric you want a good group, which means that random groups are probably not ideal, especially with the aggro situation as it is. No one actually needs a GF, it is just the queue system that thinks there should be one. Someone like Envy or R, sure, any time. But most tanks in this game try to actually tank and soak damage, which makes them fairly useless. So, no, nobody "gotta tank". All you need for T2 are CWs and a Cleric or two, with a TR being luxury.

It is a game. Telling people to play something they don't enjoy doesn't make much sense. You may get faster queues, but what's the point if it is not a class you want to play? It is not a job you get paid for. The solution is to make more people want to play GF or Cleric. Or to change the matchmaking system to not require a GF, because, as mentioned, they are not needed. A Cleric is, in T2.

This. Have fun with what you play. It's as simple as that. At the end of the day, everyone likes different flavors of tea. [Protip]Playing something you don't like would only serve to deter you from the game.[/Protip] There are a ton of ways that they can alleviate dungeon and group finder concerns; few of them make as much money, however.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Expecting there to be a massive endgame (level 60) community so soon after release is silly on your part. Don't blame the game because you rushed while the majority of the community is still leveling.

Except, there IS pretty massive end game community. It takes me up to 2 minutes and 6-8 repeats in zone chat to get a group. My bet is he is a rogue and these have extremely hard time of finding groups because apparently 50% of all players are rogues.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xraxis wrote: »
    Yeah. Sounds like you play a CW which is the 2nd most popular class in the game next to rogues. Condescension is necessary since you are to thick to put two and two together.

Maybe next time instead of coming to the forums acting like you're king ****, reword your thread and post with some positivity and some constructive feedback, or you can expect people to treat you like the ******* you act like.

You are worse.
  • Options
    jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Yep I also had an inking of this happening so i got my self a guild quick smart.

Now its epic runs with over 400+ like minded players spread across 2 guilds as we filled up real fast.
  • Options
    khaoiskhaois Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You really think the strength of the game is the Foundry? The user created quests are okay, but most of them aren't very interesting. The biggest issue with the Foundry is no matter how cool or difficult the creator of the quest makes it, you don't get very good rewards. The foundry is something that quite neat, but I really don't see much reason to do them if there's no reward for the time invested. The strength of the game should be it's EPIC dungeons and raids whenever they're implemented.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    And this is why I find myself using the Foundry now. Simply because level 60 is pretty much a joke without having your friends, or certain members online on your "Friends" list to form a party with.

No one can really deny the fact that the queue system in this game is terrible. I mean, the Closed Beta portion of Neverwinter had a better queue system then the garbage we're handed now. I wonder went wrong down the road anyways.

Even once you form a party, and queue that party in for a dungeon, it takes 5 minutes just for the damned dungeon to start. I've never seen a worse excuse for a a queue system.

However... It's PWE, and you should've expected nothing less but for them to have took your $200, unzip their pants, and slap you in the face with their... Well, I'd best stop there.

It worked in CB because everyone rolled everything, there was no investment needed to play a class.

Now people have their main characters, leveled to 60 with them and expect to progress fully in their favorite role.

Hence why you can see perfect groups often when doing the Cloak Tower and the compositions seem to become more and more random the higher level you are.

I bet that the grand majority of level 60 players are Control Wizards and Rogues. There must be few Clerics, GF and GWF. The Cleric has no problems when PUGing because the utility of his class in undeniable. People that don't understand well this game's mechanics also deem valuable the GF (or when he had exploitable mechanics). And people who know the advantages of having a GWF actually try to get one in their comp, though most kick them because they deem the class weak.

The only problem of the queue system is that it tries to put you up with a group regardless if the only possible composition at the moment is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The system thinks: "Hey, I'd better put these people together instead of making them wait 2 hours until 5 perfect members queue for the same instance".

If you want more selective queues, they would be extremely more slower.

Or you can make friends and go with premades. PUGs have always been a lousy experience in MMOs, nothing new here.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the system does try to balance out the groups but due to low numbers of GF and DC in que. I know as a DC I usually get picked up in que within 5-10mins at most and the groups tend to be pretty balance 1-2 DC, 1-2 DPS TRorCW and usually a GF.
  • Options
    thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing happened to me. Got to level 60 a few days ago. Stopped playing as of today.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its the lack of content, other than doing foundrys/partys/professions (skirmishing at 60 makes no sense) what really hurts the game, i really would love to replay the adventure at epic level, saw how hard are some of the foundrys at lvl 60 and the challenge would be brutal and exciting, also, would allow me to gear without having to replay the same instances over and over.
  • Options
    jenniskr2jenniskr2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are crying for lack of end game content in beta stage, not sure what to think.
    7vlbg.png
  • Options
    blumpzzblumpzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why MMO's try to do this stupid queue system either. Other games have a system where a leader can put up a group, with a small explanation of what class they're looking for, then people can ask him to join and he can either accept or reject. Why we have to put up with the roullete wheel that the stupid queue system is totally beyond me. There should be a page where we can just form groups the way we want, instead of spamming zone chat all day.

Because all the crybabies asked for it because they are too lazy to look for a group. WoW ruined the MMO community years ago. Get used to it.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xraxis wrote: »
    This.

And then he is naive enough to think that tESO will be any better :rolleyes:

But it is better, Ive been in the closed beta..a very smooth beta i might add. You obviously have no clue on this subject because you are not in the beta, now close your trap.

I know, i know, your a fanboi, do not want to admit your cheap, generic throw away F2P MMO is about to collapse due to game breaking bugs not getting fixed, exploiters everywhere with nothing being done and an overpriced ZEN market. Ya...NWO is so much better than TESO..rofl. Get real ******
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thehadriel wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. Got to level 60 a few days ago. Stopped playing as of today.

Ya, I quit playing about 3 days ago, went back to STO for now until ESO launches. I like to come in these forums though and support my fellow quitters. Maybe one day, these Dev's will wake up and learn to build an MMO correctly.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    kromdarkromdar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

are u someone else who is going to whine about a beta? if you didn't want to play an unfinished game you should have never have downloaded a beta, kthxbye