test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Five hours played as a lvl 60 ... already bored.

13»

Comments

• Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Except, there IS pretty massive end game community. It takes me up to 2 minutes and 6-8 repeats in zone chat to get a group. My bet is he is a rogue and these have extremely hard time of finding groups because apparently 50% of all players are rogues.

Are you playing on the Dragon shard?
  • Options
    xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    It worked in CB because everyone rolled everything, there was no investment needed to play a class.

Now people have their main characters, leveled to 60 with them and expect to progress fully in their favorite role.

Hence why you can see perfect groups often when doing the Cloak Tower and the compositions seem to become more and more random the higher level you are.

I bet that the grand majority of level 60 players are Control Wizards and Rogues. There must be few Clerics, GF and GWF. The Cleric has no problems when PUGing because the utility of his class in undeniable. People that don't understand well this game's mechanics also deem valuable the GF (or when he had exploitable mechanics). And people who know the advantages of having a GWF actually try to get one in their comp, though most kick them because they deem the class weak.

The only problem of the queue system is that it tries to put you up with a group regardless if the only possible composition at the moment is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The system thinks: "Hey, I'd better put these people together instead of making them wait 2 hours until 5 perfect members queue for the same instance".

If you want more selective queues, they would be extremely more slower.

Or you can make friends and go with premades. PUGs have always been a lousy experience in MMOs, nothing new here.

And I couldn't agree with you more. The majority only picked these classes due to various reasons. PvP being one of the major reasons for selecting these classes.

Trust me, I know all too well how the queue system works, and I'm saying it's broke, because of not only throwing people into random groups, but the time it takes to actually queue people up is ridiculously long. There are plenty of level 60's out there, regardless of being a Control Wizard, and or Rogue, it shouldn't take "that" long to queue up for one of the "major" dungeons lvl 60's run. Example, the Epic Pirates dungeon, people would run this due to the exploit, and I'm not even sure if it's fixed as of late, because I've been busy with the Foundry.

As I've already stated as well, when you form a full party of 5 members, even queuing your entire party up for the dungeon doesn't throw you in a dungeon in an instant. It still takes a while even with a full party to enter that dungeon. It almost feels as if you're better off taking your entire party to the actual map where "said" dungeon is.

But, my point here isn't to argue with anyone, it's to simply point out how broken the Queue system really is.

I don't do much "PUG's" myself, but it seems to differ from game, to game, as to how those turn out.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If makes me laugh sometimes that ppl complain that they want faster lvling and easier quest so they can get to the magical "End Game Content" just to find that the end game content is never enought to hold you long term. There is a reason there is 59 progression lvls and only 1 "End Game Content" lvl.

I say slow the lvling speed and make the journey the content rather then hoping they will rush more "End Game Content".
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    If makes me laugh sometimes that ppl complain that they want faster lvling and easier quest so they can get to the magical "End Game Content" just to find that the end game content is never enought to hold you long term. There is a reason there is 59 progression lvls and only 1 "End Game Content" lvl.

I say slow the lvling speed and make the journey the content rather then hoping they will rush more "End Game Content".

Welcome to (most) Themepark MMOs. Simply slowing down the leveling speed changes nothing.
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    Game has been out for weeks. I didn't level fast. When it takes 20-30 minutes of playtime to level, 60 comes easy.

I'm sure you mean well and though your frustration is understood, and even pitiable.

However, your arrogance and self obsession are most unfortunate as they cloud any prospect of your comprehension that in the games current state it is both incomplete and most of us are in no hurry to reach your current predicament.

I have no simple resolution for you.

Recite your complaint in these pages, while ignoring everyone else's opinion on the matter, or wait for the developers to address the issue.

Meanwhile I will continue to play casually while enjoying the summer in anticipation of the release of The Elder Scrolls Online... after all, who could possibly resist the notion of tanking as a Battlemage in heavy plate while wielding a flaming sword...?
  • Options
    frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    izolda wrote: »
    Just because you don't like the fact i have to say about the truth of MMO doesn't mean you can call me troll blah blah blah <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, lame excuse.

Match system is fine, the problem is too many people decide it's more fun being warrior wizard or omg king of dps rogue. If there are like 1000 stupid DPS and only 10 tanks guess what? someone need to wait. Supply and demand. 1000 people trying to enter 10 doors at same time probably will not happen.

As tank it never take me more than 30 sec to find queue.

So shut up and go play a freaking tank, again, someone gotta tank, end this whining. Some body is teaching you DPS lover a lesson here and some just too ignorant to understand. In that case stop QQ and enjoy the long queue

You don't see people complain about Queue in other games, cause there NONE. Guess what? they stand in the middle of town and spam shout like a troll

Your valid observation about the Foundry notwithstanding, what makes you a troll is this:
    Seriously dude, get a life, lv60 in 2 weeks? wtf that's sad....stop QQ

It also tells me you have NFC what you're talking about, in a thread talking about a specific game mechanic (Queues) and how it relates to the current level 60 community.

You can keep thinking your opinion is "the absolute truth of MMO gaming", but it doesn't change the fact that the queue system in NWO is broken. Get to 60, try to use it, and then comment. Or just keep being an ignorant d-bag & keep posting about in-game systems you have zero actual experience using. Get a pre-made party of 5 together, queue up for the dungeon, and then wait 5-10 mins to actually start the instance & then come back & post that it's just fine. Or wait for 60 minutes to get matched up with a class mix that has no hope of completing a T1 or T2.

Or, simply put, STFU until you have any experience with the things you're yammering about.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    izolda wrote: »
    thanks god this game at least has queue, other games like GW2 and WOW don't even have a stupid match making system.

WoW absolutely has a "match-making system," & people complain about it all the time. Have you not played since Burning Crusade or something?

As for your comment about people need to stop playing DPS ... I'm sorry, but some people need to simply stop posting & think for a moment or so, but perhaps that's asking too much on the Internet.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    saeleth7saeleth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to fix the match making system. They also need to implement a "vote to kick" option since allowing the party lead to boot without say from anyone else is insane.
  • Options
    saeleth7saeleth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, if you are bored I would also recommend just leveling up alts at this point. I bought both the Guardian and Hero Founders Packs (long story) and for the amount of money spent I'll be damned if I'm not going to get the most out of the game that I can. Sure endgame content is fun, but alts and the Foundry are what is going to make things bearable for many for awhile I think, at least until certain things get corrected like a fix for the match making system, vote to kick, more pvp maps, end game raid zones...etc...
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Expecting there to be a massive endgame (level 60) community so soon after release is silly on your part. Don't blame the game because you rushed while the majority of the community is still leveling.

Well.... getting to 60 by now in how NWO is setup, isn't what I'd consider rushing at all. Now if you did it in <7 days. Sure. This game you can zip right through it seems.