test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Five hours played as a lvl 60 ... already bored.

frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why? I'm not fortunate to have a group of friends who are all level 60 yet, and the queue system is horribly broken.

Waiting in 3 simultaneous queues, I've gotten into 1 party on Mindflayer in 5 hours of standing in town at primetime hours. And that party was provided 4 CW's & 1 cleric. Seriously?

The queue system is horribly broken. Please fix it asap or I will be moving on to another game that doesn't waste my free time doing absolutely nothing but waiting to play.

And for those inevitable responses from people who will claim to have never waited more than 10 mins in any Epic queue ... it doesn't change the fact that many players are sitting in them perpetually, and not playing the game. Good for you. When people aren't sitting in the queues for hours, then it won't need fixing.
Post edited by frozentreats on

Comments

• xraxisxraxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why? I'm not fortunate to have a group of friends who are all level 60 yet, and the queue system is horribly broken.

Waiting in 3 simultaneous queues, I've gotten into 1 party on Mindflayer in 5 hours of standing in town at primetime hours. And that party was provided 4 CW's & 1 cleric. Seriously?

The queue system is horribly broken. Please fix it asap or I will be moving on to another game that doesn't waste my free time doing absolutely nothing but waiting to play.

And for those inevitable responses from people who will claim to have never waited more than 10 mins in any Epic queue ... it doesn't change the fact that many players are sitting in them perpetually, and not playing the game. Good for you. When people aren't sitting in the queues for hours, then it won't need fixing.

Or you could try to be social in an MMO and form your own group in zone chat. You can find a group in the Protectors Enclave faster most of the time. Either that or play Cleric/ Guardian Fighter for instant queues.

It's open beta bro, have some patients, they are patching stuff almost every day.
  • frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The condescension is appreciated. Of course I've been advertising in zone chat. It's a cacophony & pretty difficult to find 5 people looking for the same dungeon whose classes mesh for a decent party.
  • square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the thing is, fast queues and a good class composition are often mutually exclusive
  • flaminggnatsflaminggnats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Expecting there to be a massive endgame (level 60) community so soon after release is silly on your part. Don't blame the game because you rushed while the majority of the community is still leveling.
    Have a foundry quest you want tested? Let me know on the forums or in-game. Username is @verranicus1.
  • montarrimontarri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No...I agree with him. I saw this coming a while ago. I quit at level 46 cuz i knew this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> would happen. Bring on Elder Scrolls online.
  • tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHy do you need to form your own group when you have a LFG que system? Every lvl 60 should be in the que and if there not they don't want to be in it... I hate seeing zone chat full of spammers say LF pary etc.... HOpe your *** into the que.. If you have long que times then it mostly like means that that there are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load DPS and NO healers or Tanks.... Every mmo has this problem.. Easy fix.. make a alt and play it when theres long que times,,,
  • novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    It could be worse bro.
    Atleast your not playing GF or GWF who doesnt get into any premade groups and gets kicked from matchmaker ones.
  • frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    square0 wrote: »
    the thing is, fast queues and a good class composition are often mutually exclusive

This queue system does neither.
    edited May 2013
    Expecting there to be a massive endgame (level 60) community so soon after release is silly on your part. Don't blame the game because you rushed while the majority of the community is still leveling.

Game has been out for weeks. I didn't level fast. When it takes 20-30 minutes of playtime to level, 60 comes easy.
  • xraxisxraxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The condescension is appreciated. Of course I've been advertising in zone chat. It's a cacophony & pretty difficult to find 5 people looking for the same dungeon whose classes mesh for a decent party.

Yeah. Sounds like you play a CW which is the 2nd most popular class in the game next to rogues. Condescension is necessary since you are to thick to put two and two together.

Maybe next time instead of coming to the forums acting like you're king ****, reword your thread and post with some positivity and some constructive feedback, or you can expect people to treat you like the ******* you act like.
    edited May 2013
    This queue system does neither.

Why do you think it takes an hour? NO HEALS or GF queueing. only CW and TRs, so guess who you get to group with after it tries to find
    the correct comp? it fills the group with whatever it can. Use some common sense, it will go a long way.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great setup you got at least. CW & DC is all you need really.
    edited May 2013
    xraxis wrote: »
    Yeah. Sounds like you play a CW which is the 2nd most popular class in the game next to rogues. Condescension is necessary since you are to thick to put two and two together.

Maybe next time instead of coming to the forums acting like you're king ****, reword your thread and post with some positivity and some constructive feedback, or you can expect people to treat you like the ******* you act like.

I always expect d-bag trolls to act like d-bag trolls. You are an excellent specimen. But please, keep ranting about people not being 'positive' and 'constructive' enough while cursing & trashing anyone who isn't a fanboi. You present yourself so well.
    edited May 2013
    I always expect d-bag trolls to act like d-bag trolls. You are an excellent specimen. But please, keep ranting about people not being 'positive' and 'constructive' enough while cursing & trashing anyone who isn't a fanboi.

Whats troll about you being too stupid to understand how every MMO works? You need heals and tank, you rolled dps like 80% of everyone else, then you whine about queues and not getting a group? suck a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Great setup you got at least. CW & DC is all you need really.

Yeah I was willing to give it a shot, but the group wouldn't go w/out a tank & cleric.
    edited May 2013
    Whats troll about you being too stupid to understand how every MMO works? You need heals and tank, you rolled dps like 80% of everyone else, then you whine about queues and not getting a group? suck a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

lol :) seriously, that's funny.
    edited May 2013
    lol :) seriously, that's funny.

funny because it's true.
  • theenigma7theenigma7 Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013

Here I will try to translate from ***-hat in to English.

Y U NO PLAY TANK OR HEALER!?!
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHy do you need to form your own group when you have a LFG que system? Every lvl 60 should be in the que and if there not they don't want to be in it... I hate seeing zone chat full of spammers say LF pary etc.... HOpe your *** into the que.. If you have long que times then it mostly like means that that there are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load DPS and NO healers or Tanks.... Every mmo has this problem.. Easy fix.. make a alt and play it when theres long que times,,,

Because first off the que system doesnt match a proper team.... you willl get 3 rogues 2 cw or something like that. It doesnt give you a healer or a tank or anything proper make up... So you could wait for 3 hours for the que to pop and get in with a group that cant do anything becaues of no heals no tank.... Thats why spaming zone chat to build a proper group then que... Think of hte que ssytem as a wait in line to do the dungeon not a LFG build a group tool. Even with a full group it can take 10min for the que to pop if hte dungeon you are queing for is full.
  • aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's often far easier to slow down, than to expect others to catch up and play with you at 60.

Join a guild, make friends. Play some other game.

We're less than 3 weeks in.
    JtuEMvw.jpg
    edited May 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    Because first off the que system doesnt match a proper team.... you willl get 3 rogues 2 cw or something like that. It doesnt give you a healer or a tank or anything proper make up... So you could wait for 3 hours for the que to pop and get in with a group that cant do anything becaues of no heals no tank.... Thats why spaming zone chat to build a proper group then que... Think of hte que ssytem as a wait in line to do the dungeon not a LFG build a group tool. Even with a full group it can take 10min for the que to pop if hte dungeon you are queing for is full.

Not only that but by advertising you can play with who you want, and if people ninja loot/afk/play bad, you can blacklist them and not play with em anymore. I personally prefer advertising for a group over instant queue.
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    montarri wrote: »
    No...I agree with him. I saw this coming a while ago. I quit at level 46 cuz i knew this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> would happen. Bring on Elder Scrolls online.

Quits game awhile ago,still posts in that games forum.Sad.
    edited May 2013
    Quits game awhile ago,still posts in that games forum.Sad.

This.

And then he is naive enough to think that tESO will be any better :rolleyes:
  • drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    Ya i cant wait for elderscrolls. If that mmo is any good i wont be playing this anymore... Expliots and zen costs are ruining this game
  • thedudeman1978thedudeman1978 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why MMO's try to do this stupid queue system either. Other games have a system where a leader can put up a group, with a small explanation of what class they're looking for, then people can ask him to join and he can either accept or reject. Why we have to put up with the roullete wheel that the stupid queue system is totally beyond me. There should be a page where we can just form groups the way we want, instead of spamming zone chat all day.
  • bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You forgot to say, probably on purpose that all of "you" are about to reach endgame too, must of us didn't rush and are already at endgame and face the same issue, the game has no content, once you reach that level you will understand his issue which you obviously don't and I am asking myself why are you even replying in this thread if you aren't level 60?

As for queues, I gave up too, on average, wait time of 1 hour up to 2 hours, enough is... enough.
    edited May 2013
    bellylint wrote: »
    You forgot to say, probably on purpose that all of "you" are about to reach endgame too, must of us didn't rush and are already at endgame and face the same issue, the game has no content, once you reach that level you will understand his issue which you obviously don't and I am asking myself why are you even replying in this thread if you aren't level 60?

As for queues, I gave up too, on average, wait time of 1 hour up to 2 hours, enough is... enough.

The level 24 troll is having his fun.
    edited May 2013
    It's often far easier to slow down, than to expect others to catch up and play with you at 60.

Join a guild, make friends. Play some other game.

We're less than 3 weeks in.

Yup. That's really the only thing to do. Waiting for the rest of my casuals guild to catch up, several are close. I'm just eager to try the Epic dungeons, and with dozens of lvl 60's standing around Protector's w/ their thumbs up their butts sitting in queues (I'm weeks behind the first 60's), I figured there'd be some good/bad/ugly PUG'ing going on. Doesn't seem like much at all, except for the premade groups.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    And this is why I find myself using the Foundry now. Simply because level 60 is pretty much a joke without having your friends, or certain members online on your "Friends" list to form a party with.

No one can really deny the fact that the queue system in this game is terrible. I mean, the Closed Beta portion of Neverwinter had a better queue system then the garbage we're handed now. I wonder went wrong down the road anyways.

Even once you form a party, and queue that party in for a dungeon, it takes 5 minutes just for the damned dungeon to start. I've never seen a worse excuse for a a queue system.

However... It's PWE, and you should've expected nothing less but for them to have took your $200, unzip their pants, and slap you in the face with their... Well, I'd best stop there.
  • luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You should try playing the foundry quest in my signature, its a fun mystrey with nice tidbits of humor with some good fighting I think you would really enjoy the story.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL