test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.1.20130416a.26

Comments

• cornellimcornellim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    biggiehuge wrote: »
    What is so good about these updates? They seem quite minor to me. I like the game and all of that but I'd like to see patches done less frequently, like once per week or two weeks if they are going to take servers down for 2 hours or so. Path of Exile has almost weekly updates and their servers will be down about 5 mins or so, those updates also include something like new spells, items and such, not such few bug fixes here and there.

Dont compare path of exile to this piece of **** please , its amazing how they achieved triple times this greedy capitalists did with limited money and manpower, i guess it all comes down to having higher morality
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    File: ./Localdata/Gameprefs.Pref
    Last Author/Status:Source Control not available
    Parser error in ./Localdata/GamePrefs.pref, line 1: Unrecognized token SystemSpecs.VideoCardDeviceID

:(

Instead of hunting the files to make it a one shot change you can use the 7 8 9 keys to make a dynamic Field_Of_View using keybinds. I use the following

/bind 8 'gfxsetdefaultfov 30'
    /bind 9 'gfxsetdefaultfov 90'
    /bind wheelplus 'gfxsetdefaultfov 55'
    /bind wheelminus 'gfxsetdefaultfov 75'

The wheelplus at 55 is the Normal view and 75 is usually where I run at.
    The 30 and 90 are for looking around (say on rooftops for things) and also work well for pictures.

Thanks to Okitsunega for the above tips. He disclosed in the forums somewhere but I had it typed out.

NOTE that this will need to be done for each character played.
    Also for some reason Parentheses stop the remaining text from showing on forum so replace the (') above with Parentheses when typing it in.

Enjoy, DRUM
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • hirichiric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    same old exploits closing, nothing on improving the actual gameplay.

I didnt know Neverwinter is so perfect. The Dungeon finder is awesome. The AH is even better than WoW. All classes are balanced. All powers and feats are working so well.

Lets launch already!! The term "Open beta" is so insulting to neverwinter. The game is so ready.

Aaaand, the Foundry! So many articles about it on the magazines, it's so bug free it's incredible! :D

No, seriously now, the updates are frequent, I suppose/hope they're going to release a MegaPatch soon, with all the improvements we've requested. :)

Keep up with the good job, the game is as great, but there's a big room for improvement.

More focus on the bugs and a little less on the balance would be nice.
    Topics: ▬► [FOUNDRY] [BUGS] Reference List and Workarounds

Modules:▬► "Mind Over Matter" NW-DNASR4HTL
    (beta v0.9 - improving dialogues, fine tuning encounters, 99% bug free)
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Need to sort out the labels on the gateway crafting website, they are the underlying values not human readable text

CraftingUI.sortLowestFirst
    CraftingUI.sortHighestFirst
    CraftingUI.Filter
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is there any news you can give us on the Companion Upgrade books? My poor cleric getting pummeled every fight is getting hard to handle.

Working as intended, sorry to say. It appears they want (need) you to upgrade to a blue or purple.

You don't stay with the origin anything in later levels so it makes sense in that regard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I know you have priorities and your publisher does have a lot of pull on those priorities, but could you at least try to fix things which are gamebreaking. My group is getting really tierd of the broken PvE content, you are pulling a SWTOR here. Don't be the second major game to ignore your PvE crowd and lose a huge chunk of your population in a few weeks time.

Castle Never - Dracolich requires stacking Control Wizards and Devine Clerics to throw mobs off the edge as they spawn way to fast to even have a remote chance of keeping the numbers under control with a balanced group. My group refuses to beat content by cheesing the encounters so we are stuck farming the first 3 bosses until you fix this fight.

Dread Vaults - Bonfires do not work so a death results in a 10 minute run to get back. Final boss loot falls into the walled off area which the boss is in making the fight pointless to do.

Icespire's Frozen Heart - Hirimnir's floor is bugged requiring shaders to be put to low to be able to see the red circles. The adds also spawn way to fast to be able to dps down, the spawn rate itself doesn't seem to high compared to other fights but melee have terrible uptime on them due to their move-set and they are not controlable so there is no way to put proper aoe dps into them. It is also very challenging to see the circles even with shaders on low due to the circles sitting a few feet under the floor forcing you to point your camera downwards to be able to judge distances correctly.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Most of us understand that but then way concentrate on cosmetic/minor fixes when you still have major problems with coding. I mean who cares if 1+1= 2 if your programming is coming back 1+1= 9

If you read many of my posts you can tell I am not a big Cryptic/PWE fan.. But here I feel I need to make a comment.

It isn't that they are focusing on the minor/cosmetic fixes, it is that those are the easiest to find and fix. Better that they fix what they can than fix nothing for months while they look for the major problems.
  • keneringkenering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just be happy there are some classes to play? Really... the game is still working out bugs on current classes, and you honestly think another class should be added right now? Idiot.

"Most people don't have their favorite class to play = more complains." - Then why are they playing? Why even bother?

Oh, look, someone angry on the way being rude to random person. Don't be pathetic, please. You sounds like a generic mmo-player. Look up. What do you see? Oh, it's D&D there! 4 classes ingame? Nope, that's not D&D. Why do I bother? It should be D&D, that's why. And, oh, someone can't read quoted post. Did I say something about 'add new classes right now'? No. Asked for information from devs? Yes.

And still, let's clarify it, most of you who quoted me don't even know about how games being developed, right? And surely you don't know specifically how playable classes are made, right? And, you know, accidentally, I know. And when I said that there are not enough classes and it's not really so hard to make new ones - I know what I'm talking about. What did you say? Only blaming others for what you do not understand. *tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk*

A bit of tolerance does not hurt anyone.. Ah, yes, I forgot, this is the internet. Here, the voice of reason is lost in a storm of you-know-what.

P.S. I'm really trying to be polite, but for some reason people thinks they always best in everything and always "knows better". So, I have nothing to talk about with such individuals, sorry. And, I will repeat myself, I'm not trying to provoke anyone, I'm just asking devs.

P.P.S. I'm done for this thread, see you next patchnotes-thread!
  • sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric
    • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

My Cleric is still suffering from this bug. I can't drag Punishing Light into my first at-will slot regardless of whether I'm in Divine Mode or not.
  • moshpet02moshpet02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get a fix for the in game Auction House please????

It does not sort by level range.
    It does not sort the various properties correctly. (Eg if you are searching for ONLY Recover and Regen, you get everything else too.)
    It has 'real' issues with 'usable by me' as it adds in things way over your level.

M.
    edited May 2013
    sophism wrote: »
    My Cleric is still suffering from this bug. I can't drag Punishing Light into my first at-will slot regardless of whether I'm in Divine Mode or not.

Punishing does not go to the at will slot. It replaces the current one when Tab is activated (until out of power). And Soothing replaces the other at-will while active.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • klownzeroklownzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arsfarazon wrote: »
    Dear developers! Plz remove mounts or balance their speed in PvP arenas! It's kinda P2W now

This has utterly no win/lose effect in PvP. Remove Mount's? Seriously, that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, you do realize that many many MMO's have varied mount speed's in their pvp/battlegrounds, lol. You Sir, just sound whiny. You cannot mount directly after entering combat until you are out of combat. Sooo, how is this p2w?
    When the shadow's embrace you, it is there you will find me.
  • sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Punishing does not go to the at will slot. It replaces the current one when Tab is activated (until out of power). And Soothing replaces the other at-will while active.

Yes, I'm aware. I'm a lvl 60 Cleric that used a respec token and had my Punishing Light disappear from the at-will slot. If you had read what I quoted you'd have realized this was what I meant.
  • lostinshadowzlostinshadowz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sophism wrote: »

I too am having this issue and had a ticket in for several days with no response yet. Customer service so far is horrible.
  • usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    If this is what they call a critical update, then I think I need to change my understanding about "critical". Then all the other critical issues which I had in mind until now should be considered very supa enormously ultimate issues and cannot be fixed by a patch. They might only be fixed by a "game version update" or even in another sequence - NW2 maybe :D
  • dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone needs to realize that in a standard development shop, the Gateway and the Game are probably separate projects, with separate development teams.

Further, the each development team has multiple developers on it. Each developer is assigned certain defects to research and correct. Some defects can be corrected relatively quickly, while others take much longer because they are harder to research and take longer to fix (usually because they impact more systems).

The reason you see "cosmetic" items in the patch is because that is the list of things they could quickly address and knock out, but it does not mean that work on the larger, more time-consuming tasks is not underway, or has stopped.

Issues like PVP, the loot system, AD diamond issues, balance issues, and so on take a lot longer to fix than UI issues. Give them time. They are being worked on. They just require a lot of research, and careful coding.

Also, it would probably be a mistake to add more classes to the system until the vast majority of the bugs are worked out with the core systems. The smarter thing to do is to get the system stabilized, and then add new classes.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I think the mount speed matters only if everything else is equal (because the maps are very small), but everything else is almost never equal. Aspects like team set up, gear levels, brain capacity, premade vs. random team, etc. all matter more than the slightly increased mount speed over short distances.

Personally, I see no harm in normalizing the mount speed in arenas. It's probably a good idea. I just don't feel it really is the decisive factor, or even one of the top-3 ones, that determines which side wins.

Hey they already nerfed my brain capacity twice.
  • usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Everyone needs to realize that in a standard development shop, the Gateway and the Game are probably separate projects, with separate development teams.

Further, the each development team has multiple developers on it. Each developer is assigned certain defects to research and correct. Some defects can be corrected relatively quickly, while others take much longer because they are harder to research and take longer to fix (usually because they impact more systems).

The reason you see "cosmetic" items in the patch is because that is the list of things they could quickly address and knock out, but it does not mean that work on the larger, more time-consuming tasks is not underway, or has stopped.

Issues like PVP, the loot system, AD diamond issues, balance issues, and so on take a lot longer to fix than UI issues. Give them time. They are being worked on. They just require a lot of research, and careful coding.

Also, it would probably be a mistake to add more classes to the system until the vast majority of the bugs are worked out with the core systems. The smarter thing to do is to get the system stabilized, and then add new classes.

As a software developer point of view, you are correct, sir. I only have problem with the way they "advertise" the patch to us. I mean when I saw their post on FB, I was like "that's it, finally something big is coming up", but then when I saw the patch note "the f*ck is this..."
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Gateway

Honestly, I've lost several hundred thousand AD by using the Gateway for leadership tasks which rewarded AD. Can we get this fixed? This is a pretty major issue.
  • halfquarthalfquart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sentack wrote: »
    I just used the online gateway and the interface looked like it was the mobile interface, not the usual desktop interface and yes, this was on my PC using chrome.

I'll admit that the original desktop interface had a lot of problems on chrome, specially if the window was small (Around 800 x 500) but looks fine on Firefox most of the time.

I also still have issues with the filters "Don't show tasks above my level" and "Don't show tasks I have missing materials for", at least for Leadership. These checkboxes never work.

Otherwise, it's a neat interface!

Yes, the Gateway interface in a normal desktop browser (Firefox, in my case) is worse than before the update.

The "BACK" button is gone. This was a one-click button that took me back to the character main menu (not the character selection menu). Now the only way to go to the character main menu is to go to character selection, then reselect the character).

Character selection itself is now touchy. It takes multiple clicks or sometimes a longer mouse click to select a character. Edit: I had that wrong; it's just that the "hot-spot" for clicking the desired character has narrowed and was not obvious. Seems to work okay now that I've adjusted my aim.

The icons for submenus have disappeared. There were easy-to-understand icons for Auction House, Professions, Mail, etc. Now those are just a non-framed list of words.

The Gateway AH interface does seem to be more useful for sorting and searching auctions. In fact, it is vastly better than the in-game interface. In fact, I no longer use the in-game AH interface when shopping; I alt+tab to the Gateway interface instead.

On the whole, however, I very much appreciate the Gateway feature. I am an avid crafter and an active Auction House trader. The ability to manage both those activities from outside the game environment is one of the primary choose to patronize Neverwinter.
  • turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Devoted Cleric
    • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

Gateway
    • Click detection on touch screens is now much more consistent.
    • Professions now consistently gray out tasks above the player's level and show eligible tasks normally.
    • The Date column in Mail now sorts properly.
    • The 10-minute Auction consignment duration has been removed from the mobile layout.
    • The mobile auction house no longer has the "All Categories" option.
    • The mobile layout now uses "infinite scrolling" rather than pagination for the guild roster and profession task list.
    • The Professions filter is now more usable in the mobile layout.
    • Tooltips have been added to confirmation dialogs (and other dialogs of that type).
    • When hiding Profession tasks above your level, the filter description now matches the game.
    • When the Gateway page updates, the Professions Search box now maintains focus if the player already had focus on it.

PvP
    • Rivenscar Ruins: Players are no longer able to sneak out of the spawn point before the match starts.

I see a lot of Gateway issues resolved. Too bad you are not actually listening to your player base. If you were, the in game issues would have been fixed to the AH. Like the I dont know, fact that searching for anything with a level range is broken.

Nice, a fix to an issue that had no real impact on anything PvP wise. How about you make real chat channels so we can un clutter the [Zone] mess or the issue where anything is linked into a Custom channel shows up in White text and has an error in displaying. One of those two fixes would definitely help with [Zone] chat.

...while you are at it, your PLAYER BASE really does want the NBG system to be fixed. This ninja looting is ran its course. You know this.

I know I am being a negative Nancy here, but seriously Cryptic? Lets fix real issues and throw this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in those same patches. 3 hours for a typo fix is what this was.
  • odingungnirodingungnir Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ****'s been out for two weeks and people are *****ing about their favorite class already? Kids need to grow up. It just came out, stop being so impatient and wait for the news on release of the new classes/races. If your little kiddo minds are unable to do that, go play WoW, where they have everything and more for your love of imbalance issues and things of the sort.
  • layol692k7layol692k7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well there is already talk of final release there are so many issues that need fixing the dungen que system pvp and pve damage balanceing the list goes on I kind of agree with everyone else there are core game issues that need fixing before others!
  • fargardfargard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch braked game for me (maybe problems already existed pre patch but now is the first time they occur to me):
    - Like every second pvp join results in me being stuck in Protector's Enclave, not being able to join game nor leave group
    - Game started to crash occassionally (it never did so before).

-.-
  • smackzor123smackzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no fix to Duelist Flurry bug or Vorpal enchants...
  • fargardfargard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And crash again!
    I had no crahses before this patch.

Why you killed game for me? WHY? I never hated on you :(
  • floatlikefloatlike Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The level search functions don't seem to work. I would verify the other functions as well.
  • b4sikb4sik Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    layol692k7 wrote: »
    well there is already talk of final release there are so many issues that need fixing the dungen que system pvp and pve damage balanceing the list goes on I kind of agree with everyone else there are core game issues that need fixing before others!
    Core game issues a.k.a. broken skills / enchantments make ppl re-spec to be able to play at a high level
    re-spec = money money money!!! so PWE wants re-specs and they will keep forcing it for a long time...
    and you will re-spec in another broken build, and will still be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • yunalesscanyunalesscan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please lf the love of god, FIX DAMAGE at level 60... walk in, 1 sec... dead. its dumb
  • rudrick1082rudrick1082 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *and a mysterious developer in wizard robes came onto the platform infront of the mob of peasants bearing pitchforks and torches and said*

!Abra-ka-Update!

*and all the bugs were instantly fixed, all exploits corrected, everything everyone wanted (even the contradictory stuff) was done, the game was now perfect, and there was much rejoicing*

Yeah, right, they're fixing stuff as fast as they can, every other day or so, another fix to another issue.

Yes, someone has a bug or exploit or balance issue (balance will be last, generally, as fixing bugs and such come first) that probably isn't fixed NAOW, but man, cut them some slack and acknowledge that they -are- fixing stuff -constantly- and try to be patient.

To Devs: Thanks for the hard work, keep it up...oh, and can you fix <blank> while you're at it? I'm sure it's a bug, not a balance issue or something. ~_^

people forget its still beta!? not a finished game even when the beta gets lifted will still take time to polish it, if it happens at all. you try to please hundreds of thousands of people. impossible
This discussion has been closed.