test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW.1.20130416a.26

Comments

• Options
    nethfelnethfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

Can we get more HUD/camera options as in Champions online, please? We need "camera scheme" = mmo controls ( that way the camera won't follow your mouse movement, unless you hold down the right mouse button aka. the way a camera should BE set up as default in a modern mmo.)

You do understand there is a MAJOR difference in control technique between a "traditional" MMO vs an action based MMO. What you're describing isn't necessarily a method for a modern MMO, but rather the classic mmo control style of tab targeting. Other action based MMO's have the same type of mouse setup as they do in Neverwinter (ie: TERA (which pretty much was the first in the genre of action based mmorpg), RaiderZ, etc). There is really nothing wrong with the control mechanism, just because it's different from what you're accustomed to, that doesn't make it bad (and yes, I played the traditional MMO style long before I played TERA or Neverwinter or RaiderZ and it did take me time to get accustomed to the mouse style used in action MMOs)
  • Options
    lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    please offer race changes and initial ability score changes in an upcoming patch, otherwise this looks good!
  • Options
    kingnewbskingnewbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    Great work Cryptic, this is one of the best games I've ever played, keep it up.

Yeah, what this guy said. There's definitely some of the MMO-love that we all have when a brand new MMO starts... and that always fades, but with The Foundry and really exciting PVP gameplay, Neverwinter is fast becoming one of the most fun games I've ever played.

Keep up the great work!
    [Beholder] - The Crimson Queen - Trickster Rogue
  • Options
    legallyamoralegallyamora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the Guardian fighters been able to one hit boss's in Epic dungeons ? this is still happening!
  • Options
    snapybsnapyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    lol once again pwe/cryptic have done nothing to fix the actual game they fix all these small things and take the server down for 2 hours why don't you guys fix the broker has a whole and not just bits at a time your only making things harder for yourselves as for pvp ... my god most useless patch ever who gives a fk about sneaking out???? fix the dam afking and glory/exp farming Jesus most incompetent dev team in any game you guys wish to exploits/problems for days on end not doing anything and you ever wonder why ppl rage? yes i take it does take time but it shouldnt take you that much time to fail at patching the problem.. simple solution yet you guys do not wish to listen BASE EXP/GLORY OFF PERFORMANCE.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pepepoe wrote: »
    Could you please do some sort of fix for the skirmish issue.I had spent 3 hours trying to get my daily done had done 2/3 then i used the invoke the god's and it put me at lvl 49 and my daily skirmish was ******. Now i have to queue all over again for a different one such a pain in the a ss.

Sorry to hear that! We are aware of the issues with the queue system not always responding reliably and are working on fixes to that. Thanks for your patience while we work that out! :)
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the Guardian fighters been able to one hit boss's in Epic dungeons ? this is still happening!

Please provide more detail to this if you are able to.
  • Options
    timmymostytimmymosty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this game is ****ing epic i can play this game with http proxy hell yeah !!
  • Options
    snapybsnapyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    im not raging about balancing or anything because like every game balance is an issue there will always be some build that is made that will out shine on the field and balancing should always be done last but just fix basic problems .... pvp has become a afk zone where you que to do nothing except gain free exp and glory soon you will have no one actually questing and doing instances through the lower levels as it will all be pointless when they realize if pwe/cryptic do not want do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it mite as well use it at that point there is no point having someone lvl from 1-60 just give them a lvl 60 char to run end game content done so it is once again up to you guys how much you want to fail or actually do something about a major flaw that is damaging your game but as always i assume you guys wil continue to ignore it and in turn hope players will grow a conscience and it will stop.
  • Options
    b4sikb4sik Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    The 2 most important updates are AGAIN not there...
    1st - You CAN'T in any way, allow a player to kick whoever he wants, just cause he was randomly assigned party leader...
    its so easy to fix, change it to votekick!
    2nd - Tons of updates in the gateway, but I'm still missing the AD, you don't get the ONLY thing you want from your profession via gateway.
    3rd (bonus) - Now we don't have afk ppl in pvp, we have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the high part of the map running around...
    put something like if you don't get /deal damage or stay in a control point for, I don't know, 3 min? you get kicked
  • Options
    xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is the fix for "Flagged as a Spammer"
    I was trying to recruit members for my guild.
    I ask the chat once maybe every 30mins.
    The last time I ask chat then I got "Flagged as a Spammer"
    I was banned from chat for 24 hours.
    I also found out that ton of other players had this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • Options
    valourianosvalourianos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plz fix the zoom out one scale feather because the field of view its too small...
  • Options
    dohxboydohxboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b4sik wrote: »
    The 2 most important updates are AGAIN not there...
    1st - You CAN'T in any way, allow a player to kick whoever he wants, just cause he was randomly assigned party leader...
    its so easy to fix, change it to votekick!
    2nd - Tons of updates in the gateway, but I'm still missing the AD, you don't get the ONLY thing you want from your profession via gateway.
    3rd (bonus) - Now we don't have afk ppl in pvp, we have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the high part of the map running around...
    put something like if you don't get /deal damage or stay in a control point for, I don't know, 3 min? you get kicked

So, by your logic, you would at least like the said "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" to run around the map so that the other team could kill him? He still wouldn't be useful to you, even if they took damage ;)
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please add a reset button on Trade House so we don't have to manually reset all the fields there.
  • Options
    dogsisewdogsisew Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plz fix the zoom out one scale feather because the field of view its too small...

You can adjust the FOV in the config file. I changed mine to 80, and it is awesome.

X:\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata\GamePrefs.prefs Open it in wordpad and edit the FOV line.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dohxboy wrote: »
    So, by your logic, you would at least like the said "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" to run around the map so that the other team could kill him? He still wouldn't be useful to you, even if they took damage ;)
    I know it would still be bad, but intentional feeding or w/e would be too hard to detect, that's way I suggested vote kick earlier.
    The suggestions I made, are these because they are really easy to implement, and way better than the current afk detection.
  • Options
    id83id83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric
    • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

Happy that this got fixed, had to buy a respec token cause I waited a week with the only response being to check the wiki and the forums
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dogsisew wrote: »
    You can adjust the FOV in the config file. I changed mine to 80, and it is awesome.

X:\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata\GamePrefs.prefs Open it in wordpad and edit the FOV line.

:O you are GOD !!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    id83 wrote: »
    Happy that this got fixed, had to buy a respec token cause I waited a week with the only response being to check the wiki and the forums
    so PWE wins once again... money money money!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    File: ./Localdata/Gameprefs.Pref
    Last Author/Status:Source Control not available
    Parser error in ./Localdata/GamePrefs.pref, line 1: Unrecognized token SystemSpecs.VideoCardDeviceID

:(
  • Options
    blckcavalierblckcavalier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Is there any news you can give us on the Companion Upgrade books? My poor cleric getting pummeled every fight is getting hard to handle.
  • Options
    itguypwitguypw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Most of us understand that but then way concentrate on cosmetic/minor fixes when you still have major problems with coding. I mean who cares if 1+1= 2 if your programming is coming back 1+1= 9

I know you think they make 1 big list of things to work on and 1 guy sits and does them in the order based on mice trying to find the answer to life, the universe, and everything. But that's just not the case. There is 1 huge list of everything that needs to get done. But they have a tiers of developers ranging in knowledge and responsibility. Then some mechanical monkey sit at a desk and assigns the major/critical issues to the senior devs, the minor bugs to the jr developers, and then gives the interns all the filtering/spell corrections. The other thing to keep in miind is not every developer can work on the entire aspect of the game. The web and gateway developers have different skills then the game developers, and work off a different list of issues. Obviously, some issues are going to be quick fixes and not effect other parts of the game. While other issues are going to effect multiple aspect sof the game, even ones that aren't "broke" and we want to not break them with a fix to the previous problem. you have to take all of this into account when you inspect patch notes and try to determine what the priorities of the company are. Just because a patch may only fix 1 critical issue and have 30 spelling corrections, doesn't mean the priorities are off. It just means those errors were easier to fix so they let the monkey that went to space fix those while the developers worked on real problems.

P.S. This game is in BETA!!!! and they are fixing things as quickly as they possibly can. And YES! there will still be bugs when the game goes live. There is not a program in existance on the scale of an MMO that you don't have a team of devs constantly chasing bugs, it's just part of the deal.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kenering wrote: »
    Oh, just look! Another patchnotes thread! Time to repeat myself, as I stated before. CRYPTIC, it's not so hard to give some information about new classes (which should be already ingame). You know, est. dates etc. Most people don't have their favorite class to play = more complains.

Just be happy there are some classes to play? Really... the game is still working out bugs on current classes, and you honestly think another class should be added right now? Idiot.

"Most people don't have their favorite class to play = more complains." - Then why are they playing? Why even bother?
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b4sik wrote: »
    I know it would still be bad, but intentional feeding or w/e would be too hard to detect, that's way I suggested vote kick earlier.
    The suggestions I made, are these because they are really easy to implement, and way better than the current afk detection.

Or just significantly lower the XP granted for losing. Or better yet, implement a system like SWTOR where you get medals for various things and your XP is based on your performance. Not just losing.
  • Options
    kurestakuresta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Realy good job on the game guys.If you keep the good work im defenetly gona invest some cash into this game!THX and GJ!
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    One fix should be rushed however, which is stacking Clerics for the shield. That is currently trivializing content making it quite a joke, you hardly need to move out of red anymore.
  • Options
    zierkzierk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    WTB a texture for my chest piece.
  • Options
    rattitorattito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zierk wrote: »
    WTB a texture for my chest piece.
    and dwarf helm :)
  • Options
    kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    biggiehugebiggiehuge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gwas wrote: »
    Good updates, nice to see PvP is being addressed and the gateway is being updated.

What is so good about these updates? They seem quite minor to me. I like the game and all of that but I'd like to see patches done less frequently, like once per week or two weeks if they are going to take servers down for 2 hours or so. Path of Exile has almost weekly updates and their servers will be down about 5 mins or so, those updates also include something like new spells, items and such, not such few bug fixes here and there.
This discussion has been closed.