• lurchusalurchusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where there is rainbows and unicorns?

HERE!!!

red-faction-mr-toots-beam-attack-500x281.jpg
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »
    Honestly, you probably nailed it. And given the crazy prices in the cash shop ($30 for companion) I'd put the price on a playable class at $50

Actually I do not have a link but the devs clearly stated in the past somewhere about a ranger class being worked on but was not going to be ready for beta (and probably not ready for release)
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since World of Warcraft is generally heralded as a benchmark for MMOs lets use them as an example.
    Game released for: 8 years (excluding beta).
    Number of classes released: 2
    Average classes per year: 0.25

If they work at WoWs pace there will be a class in 4 years time. Be happy they're even planning on releasing them a few weeks in.

If you're in such a rush perhaps you should contact them and offer to pay a higher salary if they work as hard as you want.
  • thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    TO quote "I can not believe a D&D game relased with no ranger class" Ranger was originally a sub class of the fighter.

I think many people are really gonna nerd rage when the ranger releases. They start off with melee at will skills. They learn some bow skills later but bow is not their forte its a natural "primal" magic that they rely on to fight and survive.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20101025

So they are not going to be the ranged troll nuker everyone is wanting out of a ranger.

:Looks at 4th Edition PHB: Yeah, that is a different type of Ranger. Rangers, in 4th edition, still shares the same emphasis of the 3rd edition ranger: either two-handed fighting or archery.
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TO quote "I can not believe a D&D game relased with no ranger class" Ranger was originally a sub class of the fighter.

I think many people are really gonna nerd rage when the ranger releases. They start off with melee at will skills. They learn some bow skills later but bow is not their forte its a natural "primal" magic that they rely on to fight and survive.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20101025

So they are not going to be the ranged troll nuker everyone is wanting out of a ranger.

That is actually a Ranger-subclass from the Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms supplement. The core Ranger class from the 4e Player's Handbook is a martial striker with archer and dual wielding builds.

http://dnd4.com/phb#14

There's also a Beastmaster build presented in another sourcebook (Martial Power_
  • nathanyaelnathanyael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The classes will be free but perhaps they prefer waiting until most people have made 2x lvl60 so we have to purchase a char slot for them? :)
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    solthusx2 wrote: »
    That is actually a Ranger-subclass from the Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms supplement. The core Ranger class from the 4e Player's Handbook is a martial striker with archer and dual wielding builds.

http://dnd4.com/phb#14

There's also a Beastmaster build presented in another sourcebook (Martial Power_

How hilarious would it be if Cryptic added a pet class that used the current companion AI?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah read that whole post it clearly states that weapon training is simple melee, martial melee, simple ranged, martial ranged. BUT the ranger does NOT start with at wills to use a bow, and its probably encounter skills that will use a bow (however I did not search around for higher level stats to find out what type/when they get to use a bow)
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the love of all that is holy I wish they would NOT make the Drow for a general player race. Canonically the Drow are NOT general a race of good guys and seeing one should be RARE. I am so sick of fantasy games that break their genre canon for dumb reasons and making a generally available Drow is stupid.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    How hilarious would it be if Cryptic added a pet class that used the current companion AI?

Your link is showing me the same thing as the link I posted. Primal powers, starter martial at wills, only bow skill i see is daily :p

I believe they are going to do a beastmaster ranger eventually but they are trying to get all the basics out first, which means the stormwarden, which is a melee ranger, so yeah nerd rage a commin.
    edited May 2013
    I think we will see the stormwarden first. Then when they start doing the other prestige classes we may get to see an archer spec for ranger, likely before a lot of other things as people will complain and ragequit lol. Sadly I would be we will see 2 ranger classes before we see the warlock or paladin (yes people sadly warlock will come before paladin :(
    edited May 2013
    It will be interesting to see if they get all of the basic classes out, if they will implement multi-classing at level 11 by forgoing paragon.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah read that whole post it clearly states that weapon training is simple melee, martial melee, simple ranged, martial ranged. BUT the ranger does NOT start with at wills to use a bow, and its probably encounter skills that will use a bow (however I did not search around for higher level stats to find out what type/when they get to use a bow)

It is stated in the Build Options section in the link I posted:

"Build Options: Archer ranger, two-blade ranger"

Also bow usage at level 1:

At Will Powers
    Careful Attack Ranger Attack 1
    You study the enemy, looking for a gap in his defenses. Only when you find it do you strike.
    At-Will * Martial, Weapon
    Standard Action Ranged weapon
    I think we will see the stormwarden first. Then when they start doing the other prestige classes we may get to see an archer spec for ranger, likely before a lot of other things as people will complain and ragequit lol. Sadly I would be we will see 2 ranger classes before we see the warlock or paladin (yes people sadly warlock will come before paladin :(

I'd be very happy if Paladin was the next class released; sadly I'll have to wait a little longer:(
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »
    I'm with you OP. I can't believe a D&D game released with no Ranger class... srsly wtf?

Meh, Ranger is just another warrior hybrid class. Add in Monk, Druid, or Bard ahead of them - must more distinctive. You can make a warrior that is 95% what a ranger is in actual D&D... Not so with the classes I listed above.
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lil demanding are we? Since when is 5 Classes (-1 the one that missed OB) less then most mmos releasing?
    Also lot of wrong stuff in here...
    The first class announced was (bow) Ranger (its why the nature kits are in game but no ranger) They had issues so didn't make CB or OB.
    There were 2 trackers on it one said something about 2 weeks after release another 1 month. The jest of either was (bow) ranger first along with Warlock and Drow month after that. They also said pending on how things go classes will be introduced on a bi weekly or monthly scheduled. I think things got mixed up in here. Its probably a new class every month and paragons every 2 weeks.
    Time is always speculative, look at how server merge has been put on shelf for now.
    So no the ranger will not be melee/bow... although im sure you will get some melee or would be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They already said a bow AND melee one. But no word on the DW Ranger release. Only Bow Ranger and Warlock... Anything else is speculation...

IGN has had a list of all planned classes for NWO for a while...
    Bard, Druid, Paladin, etc...

I would have full faith in them and their aggressive plans would it not be for the crawl they are making atm with this game.
    They were all over the place on server stability and imo a very good release minus crybabies; who have obviously no experience with releases. I think they just got overwhelmed in the numbers they thought they were going to get. But changes to the actual game (included severe ones just took to long and still are... critical stuff; im not even talking about balance. release or OB either way thats foolish to be demanding so quickly; normally you would do a bunch of bulk testing then release big patches; but the speed with which they have answered the critical stuff, exploiting, saturating farmed items via exploits, and the lack of being transparent with it is kinda worrisome.)

Then again they did fix the foundry; I thought negative about the fixes also; but it seems pretty well done.
    I still get tons of xp; more then reasonable and their 2 bubble cap is actually a nice sweat spot. Better then removing them or damaging them from the full potential they had.
    Maybe they do have something up their sleeves coming...
    edited May 2013
    solthusx2 wrote: »
    It is stated in the Build Options section in the link I posted:

"Build Options: Archer ranger, two-blade ranger"

Also bow usage at level 1:

At Will Powers
    Careful Attack Ranger Attack 1
    You study the enemy, looking for a gap in his defenses. Only when you find it do you strike.
    At-Will * Martial, Weapon
    Standard Action Ranged weapon

Nimble Strike Ranger Attack 1
    You slink past your enemy

I see that now I was glancing over the other part where it said ranged or melee but that means it can be done in melee range I should stop reading so fast. Still its not a nuker class its reliant on primal magics, there was a bow leaked in the earlier betas too. I am tellin ya they are gonna nerd rage its not gonna be the hunter of Lotro. It may be why there is a delay too if you notice all of te encounter powers have ranged or melee weapon choice, that may be causing them some hickups. But reading all of the higher end stuff it is all melee. At most it is a hybrid class.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    For the love of all that is holy I wish they would NOT make the Drow for a general player race. Canonically the Drow are NOT general a race of good guys and seeing one should be RARE. I am so sick of fantasy games that break their genre canon for dumb reasons and making a generally available Drow is stupid.

so is giving anyone who pays them 200 dollars drow, but that didnt stop them.
    edited May 2013
    Paragon fact is that list of classes with the specific paragon builds attached are what they will be releasing first, until all of those are released we will not see any of the advanced classes/paragons. I was wrong on some points they do get to use a bow but at most its a hybrid class and all of thier upper end stuff is melee skills.
    edited May 2013
    Much like what we see with the GF and GWF, the Ranger actually has powers at all levels that allows the use of both archery and dual wielding. what will likely happen is the Archer and Dual-wielding ranger will be released as separate classes each with their own set of powers. The ability to specialize in archery or dual wielding has pretty much been the ranger's 'thing' since DnD 3.5.

In the actual 4E Player's Handbook the Ranger has four available Paragon Paths, two for each build:

Battlefield Archer, Beast Stalker (Archer Ranger)
    Pathfinder, Stormwarden (Dualwield Ranger)
  • holychitt101holychitt101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The unicorns are the new zen mounts for 400k ad but they <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rainbows.
  • unknown1456unknown1456 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should just throw everyone a curve ball and make it like a monk or bard or something you wouldn't assume given the nature kit.
  • demampdemamp Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thought of levelling another character in this game makes me sick and I've only levelled 1.
  • mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    :Looks at 4th Edition PHB: Yeah, that is a different type of Ranger. Rangers, in 4th edition, still shares the same emphasis of the 3rd edition ranger: either two-handed fighting or archery.

Ok so while this game may be loosely based around the WoTC dumbed down ruleset of 4th edition, it is not really based on any D&D rule set as far as the core mechanics go. This game is really D&D in name only.

I will say that the advent of 4th edition was not only dumbed down, but was basically a port of a table top game into a weird hybrid of PC mmo mechanics in a pen and paper game. Even still, the algorithms they use behind the scenes in Neverwinter are decidedly NOT based in D&D, in a lot cases out of necessity.

I am not trying to start an argument about which edition anyone finds better, I have truly played all of the rule sets from the Basic D&D that came in an 8 1/2 by 11 blue box all the way up through 4th ( I did however switch to Pathfinder when it became available).

So as much as I am really enjoying the soft launch, other than the IP's and perhaps the foundry, This game does not feel much like D&D to me. Im hoping once they get the Foundry in a better place that player driven campaigns and content will add more of that feeling.

The Bottom line is quoting the PHB and comparing this to the table top is rather pointless.
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
    edited May 2013
    It's more extrapolating the possible classes that we will be getting based on what is available in the PHB; its pretty obvious NW does not use the same mechanics as the actual table top game. So far, that classes/builds and paragon paths released have matched those presented in the PHB.
  • einlanzer0einlanzer0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I certainly want to see more classes, I think part of the problem with current 5 is that they are just too limited. Why, for example, do the guardian and GWF need to be separate classes? It would be more interesting to allow greater build intricacy within a class the way D&D actually does.

In other words, if the current classes were based around real classes as opposed to only sub-builds of real classes, they would be a lot more interesting. Devoted cleric/melee cleric should be pathways within one class, not two separate classes.

Frankly, I don't like that every class has exactly one armor type and one weapon type they use, exactly 2 at will powers and only a handful of encounter/daily options. I think that's particularly un-D&D. I think what they need to do is merge the GWF and Guardian and supplement the other classes with lots of new power/feat options. Then they need to start releasing new classes designed in the same way.

Or, the other ok option would be to start releasing alternative versions of the existing classes (war wizard, battle cleric, etc.) and then throw in trainers that allow you to change subclasses for a fee.
  • xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Bottom line is quoting the PHB and comparing this to the table top is rather pointless.
    They've taken the Class names, Paragon Path names and At Will/Encounter/Daily Powers directly from the PHB. While the mechanics aren't the same, Neverwinter is very much keeping with the nomenclature of 4E. It isn't likely that they'll add classes that aren't represented by the class builds in 4e.
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    sounds like op is a self entitled ****. and no, i don't defend this game at all. i hate scum like you who think they deserve stuff.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want an overpowered archer class, can I have please?
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lurchusa wrote: »
    HERE!!!

red-faction-mr-toots-beam-attack-500x281.jpg

Gonna go to bed now with that image. Gonna be an interesting dream.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    vampirial wrote: »
    Shhhh Mutharex your not supposed to tell them about the Vampire Pirate, warrior pacifist and the chicken mcranger with cheese lol

That was bloody hilarious :D Thanks for the giggle.
    flakeless wrote: »
    When they finish fine-tuning the ones they have out now.

**** you and your logic :D
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)