What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Okay, SERIOUSLY now: When will new Classes be released? Give us a date

13»

Comments

• osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    For the love of all that is holy I wish they would NOT make the Drow for a general player race. Canonically the Drow are NOT general a race of good guys and seeing one should be RARE. I am so sick of fantasy games that break their genre canon for dumb reasons and making a generally available Drow is stupid.

Tiefling isn't a good guy either, but here we are. :P
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    They already said new classes will be free. I don't have the link, but this was quite openly discussed during the beta weekends. They aren't charging for content, which classes and zones are.

Money will come from the additional character slots people may buy. And new bags, bank space, etc.

Additional character slots is a guaran-****-tee if they launch new classes, I would love to be able to expand my character slots even further and will pay for it too.
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great now they will take away our secret shard !
  • jaraxaljaraxal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    TO quote "I can not believe a D&D game relased with no ranger class" Ranger was originally a sub class of the fighter.

I think many people are really gonna nerd rage when the ranger releases. They start off with melee at will skills. They learn some bow skills later but bow is not their forte its a natural "primal" magic that they rely on to fight and survive.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20101025

So they are not going to be the ranged troll nuker everyone is wanting out of a ranger.

That is the Essentials version of the Ranger. The standard 4e Ranger is viable as a melee or ranged striker. I had no problems when I rolled my Great Bow Ranger in a recent campaign. Now I can't say whether they are going to go with essentials for the design or not; I can only say that a ranged version of the Ranger is fully supported within 4e.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would greatly apreciate going from 3 classes to 5 before discussing going from 5 to 7 :cool:
    But thats just me. I understand the excitement for it, but isent it a bit misplaced atm? Personaly i would see it like a slap in the face if the ranger was released a month from now without a balance adress first.

Now flame me! Burn crispers Burn.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    aurwangr wrote: »
    Week after week I am checking the forums and PWs announcements and so far nothing has been said about WHEN EXACTLY New Classes will come! When will this be? When can we see new classes? When can I re-install this game again?

I do not even have it on my HD anymore because I got bored so fast with the available classes. And this is NO OFFENSE to YOU enjoying whatever class YOU currently enjoy. I am speaking of MY experience.

Give us a date. Weeks after the launch is not enough, since we are there. If you say months after release, like "end 2013 "months" after release" then please, be PRECISE in the FIRST PLACE.

Thank YOU! :)

Now, when will new classes be released? Such as the Ranger, a Bard, a Paladin etc, you name it.

Much appreciated.

Neverwinter is still in open beta testing so you may want to come back when the game is released. Open beta is for testing for bugs, imbalances, etc.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather see them work on the exploits and balancing issues and improve the classes we already have rather than adding new ones into the mix. Once all these issues are taken care of, they should be focusing on Gauntlgrym next. T2 Epics and Domination 5v5 are not enough to keep the game interesting on a long term basis.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    I'd rather see them work on the exploits and balancing issues and improve the classes we already have rather than adding new ones into the mix. Once all these issues are taken care of, they should be focusing on Gauntlgrym next. T2 Epics and Domination 5v5 are not enough to keep the game interesting on a long term basis.

Exactly, hopefully they don't many more exploit setbacks so they can finalize Gauntlygrym and while we are all enjoying that then finalize Ranger/Warlock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Almost maxed out my 3rd character, only CW to go as there is no amount of money in the world you could pay me to play a derp rogue so either i start deleting my characters after i finish control wizard(which is about 1.5 weeks away) or you release a new class for me to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about.

p.s. i think we all know whats going to happen : (