test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Im done with the ****ty dungeons & skirmishes -.-

2»

Comments

• Options
    wolfenhowlwolfenhowl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a challenge is it? Is that why people favor going 2 clerics 2 cw 1 rogue most of the time? Because it's harder or because it's way easier?

When you move to T2 and your either a GF or a GWF you can kiss those runs goodbye cause your not going anywhere anymore or even worse getting kicked from the group.You don't provide anything to the group that the mentioned classes can't do better...
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfenhowl wrote: »
    It's a challenge is it? Is that why people favor going 2 clerics 2 cw 1 rogue most of the time? Because it's harder or because it's way easier?

When you move to T2 and your either a GF or a GWF you can kiss those runs goodbye cause your not going anywhere anymore or even worse getting kicked from the group.You don't provide anything to the group that the mentioned classes can't do better...

Well if the aggro mechanic on the cleric wasn't so insane... then you wouldn't need one cleric to act as an add magnet and the other cleric to heal them and the CW and rogues to dps stuff dead. And the boss to just basically be avoided and eventually whittled down. Yeah I have heard from others that 2 DC, 2 CW +1 rogue or go home party set up also.

Disclaimer: not at end game yet. Just listening to friends who are.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    hooyah2hooyah2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to have to agree with the poster. There's a difference between a challenging fight and making it so broken that you cannot win without specific setups, levels, and specialized skill paths. The whole point to customizing a skill path is to play the game YOUR style not forced to spec a specific way to win properly. This of course happens in every MMO where custom speccing is just an illusion, you have a lot of skill paths but 60% of it useless, why did the designers even bother.

The dragon fight along with the wolf fight previous are both stupid. I don't mind dealing with respawning adds, but they shouldn't respawn right away. It's plain unfair when there's MORE of them, they have more HP than players (14K hp on my cleric), and in the example of Marsh Mages, they instantly heal their entire life bars. My cleric often gets swarmed by adds due to broken hate system 14K dwindles down to 0 in seconds. Add to that, trying to kite, running for my life and curing myself with abyssmal cures (why don't clerics get straight up cures instead of a crappy regen spell?) I'm constantly stun locked, knocked down, dazed, or tossed around.

What's the point of having a TANK job if the tank can't hold hate against everything. In this game Clerics are the real tanks.

This game had a lot of promise, but the instances are not properly scaled to level at all. If it says 40-45 level range, than a group of that level range should be able to clear it, with difficulty, not impossibility. I also wanna add that when I first started playing, Neverwinter... isn't even a DnD game. Please take the DnD logo off. This isn't a DnD game, it's Rusty Hearts with the Forgotten Realms license. There's nothing DnD about this game. Disheartened about making a hammer wielding cleric, i played it anyways. Was fun at first. now at 45, and knowing there's more crapshoots at end game. there's just no point anymore.

My advice as always to devs. PLAY YOUR OWN GAME first before making stupid designs that you thought was a good idea.
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    Dude...Its the same for pretty much every MMO. If you dont like it, dont play. I however dont have a problem with it and think they did a great job with the dungeons.

Just because it isnt easy doesnt mean its not a good game/ mechanics.

you're kidding, right?

i like challenging content. that's fun. i love demon/dark souls, for example.

however, the boss design in NW is pretty ****ing terrible.

every single boss summons adds.

EVERY BOSS.

that's not a "great job" when every single boss-type mob shares a mechanic. that's lazy design. i know CW/GWF are awesome at AoE'ing, but every single boss doesn't need to summon a handful of adds every 10 seconds.

my favorite boss fight so far is enchanced rimefire golem in icespire. on normal, at least, he summons a total of like four adds. otherwise, he's constantly moving, dashing, teleporting, AoEing and just generally being active and interesting. that's an example of a boss designed well. he isn't a turret that spams AoE and summons adds while the rogue DPS' him for 100% of the fight and the rest of the party is focused on killing adds and the poor cleric is dashing, evading and just trying to stay alive through the fifty ****ing adds chasing his ***.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pretty much agreee on all points. Been playing Wiz Online instead, even as a founder w. prepurchased Zen. Boss fights could be far better, and adds are not neccessary..... Lovin the limitless build potentials and challenging trash even in WO.
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed agreed there is some sort of mechanic with not standing in the green stuff but its lost on the numbers. Dungeons and skirmishes need to be fixed after 30th level or you will lose money pwe! :)
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [QUOTE=hooyah2;3328521
    The dragon fight along with the wolf fight previous are both stupid. [/QUOTE]

yes, totally
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When they finally fix the Cleric AOE's stacking there will be no more 2 Cleric parties, and you will actually have to know how to deal with the adds.

Its only "ignore adds, nuke boss" -because of the Cleric AOE's stacking. Other than that, you actually have to know what to do. For example, the Mad Dragon, Pirate King and Yshiggol require tactics if you only have one Cleric.

If you havent even gotten that far in the game, dont talk, please. Who cares about solo leveling bossfights? They're just something you need to kill to level up, and all of them easy, by the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    When they finally fix the Cleric AOE's stacking there will be no more 2 Cleric parties, and you will actually have to know how to deal with the adds.

Its only "ignore adds, nuke boss" -because of the Cleric AOE's stacking. Other than that, you actually have to know what to do. For example, the Mad Dragon, Pirate King and Yshiggol require tactics if you only have one Cleric.

If you havent even gotten that far in the game, dont talk, please. Who cares about solo leveling bossfights? They're just something you need to kill to level up, and all of them easy, by the way.

Tactics? Or perching and bugging mobs out?
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

• Options
    ashenrustashenrust Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "I just had the '''Garrundar the vile'' skirmish. What an absolute piece of **** skirmish"

defently agree , add the levleign virsion of the mad dragon to the list
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zephea wrote: »
    Tactics? Or perching and bugging mobs out?

Do share how to bug each of those 3 bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaguar74jaguar74 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am done plaing this game just because of that, I hope they are happy with my $60 that is all they will get, I will never set foot in this game just like Tera.
    I just deleted all my characters and mail, so I have nothing to come back to.
    This is the work of minority who did not get open world pvp, so they made sure no one else have fun anymore.
    Good luck Neverwinter devs, now you made sure, so people can hate you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just had an interesting gossip chat with someone who said that they haven't released end game stuff. I was curious about this and they said that T2 dungeons weren't end game. That there were raids that hadn't been released. It's hard to imagine them going from this very simple mechanic of big boss with mini boss with mobs spawn into something that is more crafted and staged but maybe wait and see?
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

• Options
    diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zephea wrote: »
    I just had an interesting gossip chat with someone who said that they haven't released end game stuff. I was curious about this and they said that T2 dungeons weren't end game. That there were raids that hadn't been released. It's hard to imagine them going from this very simple mechanic of big boss with mini boss with mobs spawn into something that is more crafted and staged but maybe wait and see?

Pff, i couldn't care less about "endgame", the whole game is the same add spawn "boss" mechanic stuff. I will play the dungeons to see them once, wipe a few times on the end-zerg. I have no motivation to even play this game solo, it is somewhat fun in a 2 man team, but once i hit 60 on my first char this game is dead. I think this is the worst implementation of content i have seen forever and not only the dungeons, the skirmishes and even the solo content is sometimes wildly overturned and all the same add spam fest. And to add onto it it probably has the worst companion AI ever, somebody must have really tried to make them this dumb, together with the current must to get a somewhat decent companion, not that the upgrade books will be any cheaper, it really kills the game for me. There are far better alternatives out there to spent my money on than this game, so much penitential, so badly done.