What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/17/13

Comments

• Options
    desolatecow21desolatecow21 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    During downtime, you can still use the web-based interface to do profession stuff. Pretty handy.

... nevermind. I could a few minutes ago, not anymore, hah.
  • Options
    aofftwaofftw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    During downtime, you can still use the web-based interface to do profession stuff. Pretty handy.

... nevermind. I could a few minutes ago, not anymore, hah.

can someone please give a run through on how to do this?
  • Options
    toomuchstufftoomuchstuff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah once servers go down, so does the Gateway ussually :(
  • Options
    dridiadridia Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One good way to fix PvP is get rid of it,this isn't a first person shooter,WoW or Kitty Land Adventure its D&D!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aofftw wrote: »
    can someone please give a run through on how to do this?

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
  • Options
    wujenswujens Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013

Actually you can't.
  • Options
    dawgpounddudedawgpounddude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, look...I finally get a day off work and decide "know what? I'm gonna spend some time with this new game! OK, logging in...logging in...ACCOUNT SERVICE IS TEMPORARILY DOWN?!?! WTF IS THIS?!"

Then I find you nice folks in this nice thread. *Sigh*...is it too early for beer?
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wujens wrote: »
    Actually you can't.

Sometimes you can, I had done it a few times in the past. Lately though, not so much. Especially today since they seem to have taken the login servers down, even before maintenance was started.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey, look...I finally get a day off work and decide "know what? I'm gonna spend some time with this new game! OK, logging in...logging in...ACCOUNT SERVICE IS TEMPORARILY DOWN?!?! WTF IS THIS?!"

Then I find you nice folks in this nice thread. *Sigh*...is it too early for beer?

Never too early for beer! its ALWAYS 5PM somewhere! :D
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Nope, it's drinking time somewhere in the world. I'm sure you can join in with our Euro players who are probably sick to death of the maintenance being in their prime time.

As a side note, I really do feel badly for the players who are always effected this way in MMOs. Not cool at all. Would rock if a game company would actually alternate their times. Like week 1 is US prime, week 2 is Euro prime, etc. I'm in the US, so rarely effects me, sucks for my friends around the world though.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pugpug1953 wrote: »
    Thank You . Please do something about the Need Greed system IT is NOT working . There is a system in forsaken world that works great. Put that system in please. I am tired of everyone rolling need on my stuff that they cannot even use TY

Thanks for the feedback! We're aware of the limitations of the party loot system and are working on an update that should hopefully smooth this out. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Never too early for beer! its ALWAYS 5PM somewhere! :D

Yeah well unfortunately, it's 7AM in California. At least they said something about it to folks here, I guess. Which, of course, led me to come to these forums for the first time.

Tell ya what, lemme at least finish my coffee, THEN we'll get onto the beer...
  • Options
    jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alfionte wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I would like to propose a multiple delete for account mails. (or better, delete all mails without attachments).
    Please, i guess i'm not the only one buried by more than 800 mail ;)

Thank you for your hard work!

Gabriele
    800 mails? What the heck is mailing you? I get one a day from gold spammers, that is it.
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how people still believe in "Official Launches". Get over yourselves ignorant fools, most games released today are open betas, the real beta is the closed beta.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback! We're aware of the limitations of the party loot system and are working on an update that should hopefully smooth this out. :)

Wow, you guys are watching this stuff pretty close, eh? Keep doing stuff like this, and you might convince me to shell out some hard-earned cash (that I should be putting on a car payment).
  • Options
    stinkpeltstinkpelt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jerchak wrote: »
    800 mails? What the heck is mailing you? I get one a day from gold spammers, that is it.

You get mail every time your items in AH sell, or don't sell, or you win an auction, pretty sure you also get one when you lose an auction, then you get them every time each of your toons pass a certain level threshold, it's also the fastest way to trade collectibles between different toons on the same account, etc. etc.
  • Options
    devilschariotdevilschariot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is my first type of game like this and I'm loving NeverWinter. Coming from FPS's this is a big change. I'm so lost on certain things haha. But, keep up the good work. Maybe someone can help me while maintenance is going on. I have a Cleric Disciple as a companion, well when I click the "C" button and look at her item slots. I have every slot with items except 2, 1 being the "ICON" slot. What the hell do I put in this? I'm lvl 30 and not sure if I came across such an item yet. The 2nd slot I'm curious about is locked saying you have to be rank 25 I think it is to put an item in there. Is this ever going to be raised since the max lvl of my companion is 15 i think it is. ANY help be great for this MMO noobie, in detail would be awesome.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    Funny how people still believe in "Official Launches". Get over yourselves ignorant fools, most games released today are open betas, the real beta is the closed beta.

Why ya gotta bring the hate in here? We were actually having a nice conversation in this thread. And a few nice suggestions were being made as well. Just report the crying post and move on. :) Unless I cried about it too... then skip mine! LOL

How does one have 800 mails? I just don't get it. I might get 2-3 a day depending on if I sell something on the AH or reach some questing marker on a character.

Did PWE/Cryptic really take login servers down a little early this morning? Is this a new thing or have I just not noticed it for the past few maintenance times?

I really do like this game, however, it's really rather boring trying to level a second character through quests. They are exactly the same. Are there any plans to add some new quest chains in the future to help diversify the leveling?

I know I can also level via PvP and Foundry content, but it's nice to be out in the world...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    Did PWE/Cryptic really take login servers down a little early this morning? Is this a new thing or have I just not noticed it for the past few maintenance times?

We did not take it down intentionally but it does appear that there was a brief outage of that system a few minutes before maintenance began. Sorry that we were not able to identify and resolve that issue more quickly!
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Woot thx! Just have to restrict 'need' to the class that can use an item...

How about fixing the auction sort by level too?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We did not take it down intentionally but it does appear that there was a brief outage of that system a few minutes before maintenance began. Sorry that we were not able to identify and resolve that issue more quickly!

Thank you for the response. I trust it will be investigated during this maintenance to ensure it's functioning properly when the servers come back up? ;)
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dridia wrote: »
    One good way to fix PvP is get rid of it,this isn't a first person shooter,WoW or Kitty Land Adventure its D&D!!!

^This.

PVP in this game just isn't right... Sadly it's in the game and that draws the attention of the FPS kids with their intelligent character names and their bad attitudes...

Any game with PVP draws the attention of these kid, who couldn't care less about the name of the game/history of the game universe etc (I bet most of the kids playing this game haven't got a clue about the history of DnD let alone Neverwinter Nights). If there's PVP, they will swarm the servers and bring nothing but whining to the community with nerf threads and complaints about the PVP system i.e not easy enough, or that it's unbalanced and that they should only focus on "fixing" PVP.

Also seeing as this is a F2P game, which is rather sad, there seem to be no naming policy at all, which i find pathetic for a DnD game, letting these kids name their characters "BEST ROGUE EU" (as an example). I can't immerse myself in this game properly when i see stupid names like that...

This franchise died the second they decided to make this game F2P...
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey mod, is there any kind of info of when will be the "official launch" with gauntlgrym? any news on how will be the end game content fixed to be less boring? i know those patchs right now are to fix the most urgent bugs, but i REALLY would like to replay the adventure as an epic, i like solo play, because as a GF im really limited to join last epic instances without being kicked out, and after playing a couple dozen foundries, the dificulty level on 60 is really amazing, so playing the adventure as epic would be a great challenge that would keep me satisfied for a couple of weeks (i ended the quest and reached lvl 60 in less than a week).

A few suggestions REALLY easy to implement:

Allow vendors to sell you more than 20 items at once, just type how many you wanna buy.
    Fix aution house's ordinal buttons, please.
    Show more foundrys, not only the 4 star ones... i already played those...

The lag thing those last few days make the game unplayable at times...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pepto22 wrote: »
    Woot thx! Just have to restrict 'need' to the class that can use an item...

How about fixing the auction sort by level too?

I imagine that the party loot fix will be something along those lines. :)

In regards to the AH searching issue, we are finalizing our fix for that and hope to have more info on that soon.

Even though they both appear to be simple changes, they both require a lot of testing to make sure they work 100% in all situations. Thanks for your patience while we put the final touches on these two issues!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    Thank you for the response. I trust it will be investigated during this maintenance to ensure it's functioning properly when the servers come back up? ;)

Yep - we are looking into the cause of the issue and hope to prevent it from occurring in the future.
  • Options
    lolhebben9lolhebben9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is the update this time?
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    ^This.

PVP in this game just isn't right... Sadly it's in the game and that draws the attention of the FPS kids with their intelligent character names and their bad attitudes...

Any game with PVP draws the attention of these kid, who couldn't care less about the name of the game/history of the game universe etc (I bet most of the kids playing this game haven't got a clue about the history of DnD let alone Neverwinter Nights). If there's PVP, they will swarm the servers and bring nothing but whining to the community with nerf threads and complaints about the PVP system i.e not easy enough, or that it's unbalanced and that they should only focus on "fixing" PVP.

Also seeing as this is a F2P game, which is rather sad, there seem to be no naming policy at all, which i find pathetic for a DnD game, letting these kids name their characters "BEST ROGUE EU" (as an example). I can't immerse myself in this game properly when i see stupid names like that...

This franchise died the second they decided to make this game F2P...

I don't really know the backstory of D&D never played a tabletop game my husband did not me. I pvp but only for my daily and have fun I die a lot but oh well. What drew me to this game was the foundry creation system and the combat style I missed the non-tab target system when I left tera and I have a lot fun in NW.

Do some pvpers have bad attitudes yes but this game wasn't meant just for the old school D&D crowd
    No one forces PVP upon a person. Personally I think a Gear Score system is worse when you get ppl that only want 10K plus for a certain epic or will only take 9K plus GS into there guild. the lore for the D&D folks is there and there is content for other types of gamers I like it all as long I focus on having fun I try to ignore the ppl that bring the game down for me but fortunately have only run across a select few of those ppl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    buttchinusbuttchinus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im from CST illinois all the other games i've played WOW STAR WARS does their downtime <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> maintance EARLIER ! so people across the united states don't have to wait till 11:00 am to start playing again there is nothing worst getting up in the morning starting the game and it shutting down AGAIN! if you would do the work real early in the morning then people would start the game and play all day without it droping after you start it people will only take so much of that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> befor they go to a differrent game that has better hours then your guys im sure thier is a better timing sheuld then you have now
  • Options
    thechosennthechosenn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now what am I going to do for two hours? Thanks for the game.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    salubrius1 wrote: »
    Pffft, it should say that the servers will be down 15 mins earlier than they do.

It's the little things that are the most frustrating :p

They did not go down 15 mins early. I finished a quest at :58