test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/17/13

13»

Comments

• Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    buttchinus wrote: »
    im from CST illinois all the other games i've played WOW STAR WARS does their downtime <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> maintance EARLIER ! so people across the united states don't have to wait till 11:00 am to start playing again there is nothing worst getting up in the morning starting the game and it shutting down AGAIN! if you would do the work real early in the morning then people would start the game and play all day without it droping after you start it people will only take so much of that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> befor they go to a differrent game that has better hours then your guys im sure thier is a better timing sheuld then you have now

Wow, just wow... they put up a notice last night about the maintenance and what time it would be at today. I too am in CST and think their times are just fine.
  • Options
    tylxtylx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buttchinus wrote: »
    im from CST illinois all the other games i've played WOW STAR WARS does their downtime <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> maintance EARLIER ! so people across the united states don't have to wait till 11:00 am to start playing again there is nothing worst getting up in the morning starting the game and it shutting down AGAIN! if you would do the work real early in the morning then people would start the game and play all day without it droping after you start it people will only take so much of that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> befor they go to a differrent game that has better hours then your guys im sure thier is a better timing sheuld then you have now

Hi, I'm from europe, the servers went down 16:00 in my timezone. And you are complaining? :D
  • Options
    buttchinusbuttchinus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree with you totally and then i looked up at your name morinox ok
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK yea they suck
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you dont get it do you
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    i imagine that the party loot fix will be something along those lines. :)

in regards to the ah searching issue, we are finalizing our fix for that and hope to have more info on that soon.

Even though they both appear to be simple changes, they both require a lot of testing to make sure they work 100% in all situations. Thanks for your patience while we put the final touches on these two issues!

yes!! Thank you!!
  • Options
    devladevla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No time is going to please everyone. They're probably looking at when there is the least amount of players online to do this stuff.
    Personally, I'm on the east coast and work most nights so some mornings is the only time I have to play. Last two days of maintenance have not been ideal for my schedule, but hey at least they're trying to fix stuff.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey, look...I finally get a day off work and decide "know what? I'm gonna spend some time with this new game! OK, logging in...logging in...ACCOUNT SERVICE IS TEMPORARILY DOWN?!?! WTF IS THIS?!"

Then I find you nice folks in this nice thread. *Sigh*...is it too early for beer?

Nope, and I'm on the east coast of the US
  • Options
    vardegonvardegon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i love the rate you guys are working and adding fix's to the game keep it up D&D Forever!!
  • Options
    timbriustimbrius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I imagine that the party loot fix will be something along those lines. :)

In regards to the AH searching issue, we are finalizing our fix for that and hope to have more info on that soon.

Even though they both appear to be simple changes, they both require a lot of testing to make sure they work 100% in all situations. Thanks for your patience while we put the final touches on these two issues!

I hope you guys go the distance and make the loot bind on pickup whenever someone chooses need on the loot roll, even though the item is normally bind on equip. Otherwise people will choose need even if they intend to sell it, and if someone does intend to sell it, they should have to win the greed roll to do so.
  • Options
    runoutofnamesno1runoutofnamesno1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HMMM.
    Still confused from europe here the maintenance started at silly american time and it started on gmt time exactly?
    As for PVP if people want to play it good luck to them they enjoy it and I am happy for them.
    As for looting well when people need items they cannot use what does that tell you about some people playing?

All in all loving the game bit perplexed that no-one can actually write in the time in GMT as to be honest there are more than Americans playing the game,as for the rest well kick off your shoes pour yourself a hobgoblin and watch the world pass you by.
  • Options
    counterphobiacounterphobia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runout they included a link that converts it to your timezone going off of your computer time in OP
  • Options
    johnlgaltjohnlgalt Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost time for the maintenance to end - fingers crossed!
  • Options
    johnlgaltjohnlgalt Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And it's back up :D
  • Options
    runoutofnamesno1runoutofnamesno1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you counterphobia.
    Just checked it and it started at 1500 GMT so three hours down the road makes it 1800 GMT silly time for a friday afternoon Oh well Psssst pour Glug Glug Glug smacks lips AHHHHH ain't life grand.
  • Options
    graevongraevon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rivalcasio wrote: »
    Maybe they will patch the PVP system? More and more PVP games are consisting of AFKers with an auto-move bot so they don't get kicked. They need to make the glory system performance based without over rewarding kill *****s and under rewarding players who play they objective.

Don't forget more PVP content :p

So your idea of a fix is to reward the running pve'rs that hop into pvp and do nothing to help said team except try to rack up a score by fast capping and running away from the fight? Honestly if you want to fix pvp other than changing leadership permissions and instituting a group vote kick lower rewards for non participation to nothing (including only cappers). Personally I am tired of entire teams of runners that lose 99% of the time because they refuse to pvp at all. Rewards should not be given to players who ride around trying to dodge the fight so they can get on the scoreboard while losing the match (this does not mean those who occasionally sneak a point and will defend or kill someone to get it, only those that wouldn't 3 vs 1 a point even if it means pvp which is at least half the pvp pop at this point).

Also rewarding kills less than someone who just stands there in pvp? Are you serious its pvp- player versus player not pve- player versus environment which means capping an objective with no one around should get next to nothing unlike what it does now. Also remove the assist points from those who do nothing to assist, if you don't tag it or heal the person that does no assist plain and simple. If the overall rewards for those who do nothing were lowered to nothing players who are not their to pvp coming in afk camping for free xp or wanting to play objectives and not pvp would stop coming problem solved.
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where are the patch notes?
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what are the patch notes ?
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Where are the patch notes?
    so what are the patch notes ?

Patch Notes

On the main Forum page where it shows all of the different sections, there is one called Patch Notes, or Patches, something along those lines. It really is not that difficult to find.

The original post even tells you where you can find them:
    Once the Patch Notes are ready, we will publish them in the Launcher and in the Patch Notes section of the Forums.
  • Options
    thezenzenthezenzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So no patch notes, then? Forum doesn't have them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thezenzen wrote: »
    So no patch notes, then? Forum doesn't have them.

They are in the News section under the heading of Patch Notes. It's not hard to find at all. The OP tells you where to find them as well, they just didn't actually put a link in for you to use. So, because this seems difficult for people these days: Patch Notes