test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Okay, SERIOUSLY now: When will new Classes be released? Give us a date

aurwangraurwangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Week after week I am checking the forums and PWs announcements and so far nothing has been said about WHEN EXACTLY New Classes will come! When will this be? When can we see new classes? When can I re-install this game again?

I do not even have it on my HD anymore because I got bored so fast with the available classes. And this is NO OFFENSE to YOU enjoying whatever class YOU currently enjoy. I am speaking of MY experience.

Give us a date. Weeks after the launch is not enough, since we are there. If you say months after release, like "end 2013 "months" after release" then please, be PRECISE in the FIRST PLACE.

Thank YOU! :)

Now, when will new classes be released? Such as the Ranger, a Bard, a Paladin etc, you name it.

Much appreciated.
Post edited by aurwangr on

Comments

• Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Before launch they said 60 days after release would be the first, which are the Drow race and Underdark Explorer class.

That would be what, June 29th?
  • Options
    diomedes3diomedes3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open beta has only been out for like 2 weeks. give it time.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have already released 3 new classed but they are just for Heroes and Guardians, we are not supposed to say which they are and we play them on the Secret Shard PWE made just for us elected
  • Options
    vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shhhh Mutharex your not supposed to tell them about the Vampire Pirate, warrior pacifist and the chicken mcranger with cheese lol
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vampirial wrote: »
    Shhhh Mutharex your not supposed to tell them about the Vampire Pirate, warrior pacifist and the chicken mcranger with cheese lol

curses! You went and done it, Vampirial... now we gonna get kicked out from the VIP lag-free shard...
  • Options
    cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    curses! You went and done it, Vampirial... now we gonna get kicked out from the VIP lag-free shard...

Where there is rainbows and unicorns?
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When they finish fine-tuning the ones they have out now.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and the chicken mcranger with cheese lol

...is that a melee Chicken McRanger, or an archer Chicken McRanger?
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I'm with you OP. I can't believe a D&D game released with no Ranger class... srsly wtf?
  • Options
    thekaras1982thekaras1982 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    When they finish fine-tuning the ones they have out now.

As much I want more classes, Ranger and Monk would be nice, but this (^) has to happen first.
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much I want more classes, Ranger and Monk would be nice, but this (^) has to happen first.

sadly, I'm skeptical theyll do that.

new classes means money. balancing old classes doesnt necessarily get them money,
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    sadly, I'm skeptical theyll do that.

new classes means money. balancing old classes doesnt necessarily get them money,

I know the feeling....
    Yes, I play a Great Weapon Fighter, and I tend to keep it that way ... till the Ranger or Monk comes in. :)
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    They have already released 3 new classed but they are just for Heroes and Guardians, we are not supposed to say which they are and we play them on the Secret Shard PWE made just for us elected

It's actually five new classes, but two of them weren't for Guardians. :p Sorry, can't talk more about it! I will probably get sacrificed on a portable altar as it is!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Now... How much do you wanna bet, that they're holding back the classes, debating whether or not they're going to make people "buy" the classes?

This is probably their big ordeal, and why no new classes have been released.

Later that day in the conference room;

"Should we <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the community and have these classes "buy to play" only? Or should we do the reasonable, and logical thing, and simply release them for free?"

"Hahahaha! Good one! $20 per new class! Let's get them launched ASAP!"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Where there is rainbows and unicorns?

And chocolate waterfalls... well, chocofalls
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    it's actually five new classes, but two of them weren't for guardians. :p sorry, can't talk more about it! I will probably get sacrificed on a portable altar as it is!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just put a Teaser up and we know Scourge Warlock and Archer Ranger are close. The recent dev Interview stated that one of the two classes is pretty much done, they didnt comment on how close the other was. I figured it was the Warlock but based on module1 teaser all signs point to Archer Ranger being out with Game Update 1.

Why charge for a class when F2P only has two character slots, they will get you in the long run getting you to buy more and more character slots for the potential dozens of DnD 4E FR classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    Now... How much do you wanna bet, that they're holding back the classes, debating whether or not they're going to make people "buy" the classes?"

They already said new classes will be free. I don't have the link, but this was quite openly discussed during the beta weekends. They aren't charging for content, which classes and zones are.

Money will come from the additional character slots people may buy. And new bags, bank space, etc.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now... How much do you wanna bet, that they're holding back the classes, debating whether or not they're going to make people "buy" the classes?

"Should we <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the community and have these classes "buy to play" only? Or should we do the reasonable, and logical thing, and simply release them for free?"

AFAIR they said classes will be free. Races, not so sure
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm, the game has been out only 2.5 weeks and your demanding new classes? We do know that the first race will be released 60 days after launch so that isn't for like 5 and a half weeks yet. ::sheesh:: Impatient much?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

20? have you seen the zen store. I predict at least 4000 zen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Umm, the game has been out only 2.5 weeks and your demanding new classes? We do know that the first race will be released 60 days after launch so that isn't for like 5 and a half weeks yet. ::sheesh:: Impatient much?

Well to be quite frank, this game really lacks in number of classes it is ridiculous. It was originally THREE classes, and that is just beyond silly for what is a Dungeons and Dragons game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well to be quite frank, this game really lacks in number of classes it is ridiculous. It was originally THREE classes, and that is just beyond silly for what is a Dungeons and Dragons game.

Its still technically 3, given GF and GWF habe no real purpose at endgame currently.
  • Options
    bblondiabblondia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    hmmmm.. I have always wondered if the timing is based on marketing... If they are watching the subscriber base, the number of accounts logging on and the number of Zen transactions and are happy they can focus on other things... bug fixes, gameplay enhancements etc... then if they notice the number of account logins slipping or zen transactions declining they can do the big release... two new classes.. warlock and ranger... and all of a sudden there is a surge again at the login gate and the zen store.. new classes means more character slots needed. more bags. more companions etc etc...and then we can start the cycle again... either way I think they are working their butts off on something all the time.. whether it be fixes or new classes and I am loving this game.. i haven't rushed through the game all that much and am enjoying levelling my characters and playing with my guildies...am I anxious for the new classes?? of course! Super excited to try both (if those are actually the classes being released)... but they will come...until then giddyup and happy hunting everyone!
  • Options
    aurwangraurwangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Games these days, what would you expect. Nothing. 95% all brain-dead garbage for here and there... screw you casuals.

In early 2k you got simple releases with handbooks, colored full of concept arts, not to speak of their actual deep gaming experience. Now they want you to pay 200$ for it HAHA and you monkeys follow and follow and follow and wonder why all games are going downhill in terms of content.

Digging your own grave and wondering suddenly why the earth actually really feels comfortable down there...
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    aurwangr wrote: »
    Week after week I am checking the forums and PWs announcements and so far nothing has been said about WHEN EXACTLY New Classes will come! When will this be? When can we see new classes? When can I re-install this game again?

I do not even have it on my HD anymore because I got bored so fast with the available classes. And this is NO OFFENSE to YOU enjoying whatever class YOU currently enjoy. I am speaking of MY experience.

Give us a date. Weeks after the launch is not enough, since we are there. If you say months after release, like "end 2013 "months" after release" then please, be PRECISE in the FIRST PLACE.

Thank YOU! :)

Now, when will new classes be released? Such as the Ranger, a Bard, a Paladin etc, you name it.

Much appreciated.

Fully 40% of the existing classes need serious work. Cryptic needs to stop work on other classes altogether and fix what's in game already.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013

Honestly, you probably nailed it. And given the crazy prices in the cash shop ($30 for companion) I'd put the price on a playable class at $50
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    The ranger & class release are all about money
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chicken mcranger with cheese

lmao you almost made me spit my drink out!
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TO quote "I can not believe a D&D game relased with no ranger class" Ranger was originally a sub class of the fighter.

I think many people are really gonna nerd rage when the ranger releases. They start off with melee at will skills. They learn some bow skills later but bow is not their forte its a natural "primal" magic that they rely on to fight and survive.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20101025

So they are not going to be the ranged troll nuker everyone is wanting out of a ranger.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread