test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW.1.20130416a.26

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Devoted Cleric
  • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

Gateway
  • Click detection on touch screens is now much more consistent.
  • Professions now consistently gray out tasks above the player's level and show eligible tasks normally.
  • The Date column in Mail now sorts properly.
  • The 10-minute Auction consignment duration has been removed from the mobile layout.
  • The mobile auction house no longer has the "All Categories" option.
  • The mobile layout now uses "infinite scrolling" rather than pagination for the guild roster and profession task list.
  • The Professions filter is now more usable in the mobile layout.
  • Tooltips have been added to confirmation dialogs (and other dialogs of that type).
  • When hiding Profession tasks above your level, the filter description now matches the game.
  • When the Gateway page updates, the Professions Search box now maintains focus if the player already had focus on it.

PvP
  • Rivenscar Ruins: Players are no longer able to sneak out of the spawn point before the match starts.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Good updates, nice to see PvP is being addressed and the gateway is being updated.
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No fix on the Gateway to giving Rough AD rewards? dang. :(
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »

yeah it's great isn't it.
  • Options
    zierkzierk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    my faith in this game is fading.
  • Options
    galantdramongalantdramon Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *and a mysterious developer in wizard robes came onto the platform infront of the mob of peasants bearing pitchforks and torches and said*

!Abra-ka-Update!

*and all the bugs were instantly fixed, all exploits corrected, everything everyone wanted (even the contradictory stuff) was done, the game was now perfect, and there was much rejoicing*

Yeah, right, they're fixing stuff as fast as they can, every other day or so, another fix to another issue.

Yes, someone has a bug or exploit or balance issue (balance will be last, generally, as fixing bugs and such come first) that probably isn't fixed NAOW, but man, cut them some slack and acknowledge that they -are- fixing stuff -constantly- and try to be patient.

To Devs: Thanks for the hard work, keep it up...oh, and can you fix <blank> while you're at it? I'm sure it's a bug, not a balance issue or something. ~_^
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah, when someone mentioned there were a bunch of Gateway fixes in the patch notes, I figured this would be among them.
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Yeah, when someone mentioned there were a bunch of Gateway fixes in the patch notes, I figured this would be among them.

Because, obviously, they programmed the gateway to screw people out of AD.

Wait, they didn't. Which means they have to FIND where it's dropping the AD, which is always "fun" especially when it's erratic.
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *and a mysterious developer in wizard robes came onto the platform infront of the mob of peasants bearing pitchforks and torches and said*

!Abra-ka-Update!

*and all the bugs were instantly fixed, all exploits corrected, everything everyone wanted (even the contradictory stuff) was done, the game was now perfect, and there was much rejoicing*

Yeah, right, they're fixing stuff as fast as they can, every other day or so, another fix to another issue.

Yes, someone has a bug or exploit or balance issue (balance will be last, generally, as fixing bugs and such come first) that probably isn't fixed NAOW, but man, cut them some slack and acknowledge that they -are- fixing stuff -constantly- and try to be patient.

To Devs: Thanks for the hard work, keep it up...oh, and can you fix <blank> while you're at it? I'm sure it's a bug, not a balance issue or something. ~_^

Most of us understand that but then way concentrate on cosmetic/minor fixes when you still have major problems with coding. I mean who cares if 1+1= 2 if your programming is coming back 1+1= 9
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same old exploits closing, nothing on improving the actual gameplay.

I didnt know Neverwinter is so perfect. The Dungeon finder is awesome. The AH is even better than WoW. All classes are balanced. All powers and feats are working so well.

Lets launch already!! The term "Open beta" is so insulting to neverwinter. The game is so ready.
  • Options
    keneringkenering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, just look! Another patchnotes thread! Time to repeat myself, as I stated before. CRYPTIC, it's not so hard to give some information about new classes (which should be already ingame). You know, est. dates etc. Most people don't have their favorite class to play = more complains.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They patch nearly daily and it is not even two weeks since the open beta started, so of course we see bug fixes instead of balance fixes. It's normal for a beta or a new MMO release, and it's a heck of a lot better than in other games where you get at most weekly patches, and often they are much more infrequent. I'm actually amazed how consistently we see bug fixes.

The stuff that people seem to ask for (and get upset about) is stuff that is of a different type, so I imagine it will come in a separate patch (or batch of patches). What we have seen so far is all "QA" kind of material (essentially hotfixes), not content or gameplay related. It makes sense to not release content/gameplay fixes in small trickles, but roll them into a larger patch, which is also likely to require internal testing. It's how software development works.

As for new classes and such ... I realize that many of us have played this game very intensely over the past 2-3 weeks, I know I have, and so it seems like a lot of time has passed, but if you look at this from a distance, not much time has passed at all. They did mention "module 1", which is probably the update that will include new classes and new content-y stuff. I believe it was said that it would be aimed at 6-10 weeks after the soft launch/open beta. Google for "module 1 neverwinter -nights" and you probably get some information.

So, I know no one wants to hear it and I may get snapped at for saying this, but ... slow down a little, and take down your expectations a bit to more realistic levels. Otherwise you just set yourself up for disappointment. Find some appreciation for how quickly actual issues are addressed (leveling exploits, skill exploits, quest exploits) instead of only focusing on negative aspects and all the things you feel should have been fixed yesterday already.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kenering wrote: »
    Oh, just look! Another patchnotes thread! Time to repeat myself, as I stated before. CRYPTIC, it's not so hard to give some information about new classes (which should be already ingame). You know, est. dates etc. Most people don't have their favorite class to play = more complains.

Yeah righ, add new classes when current ones are utterly broken, and i mean all of them.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    arsfarazonarsfarazon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear developers! Plz remove mounts or balance their speed in PvP arenas! It's kinda P2W now
  • Options
    roku94spardaroku94sparda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When more pvp modes and the new class?
  • Options
    radiator017radiator017 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job Crypt!!
  • Options
    vekoolvekool Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arsfarazon wrote: »
    Dear developers! Plz remove mounts or balance their speed in PvP arenas! It's kinda P2W now

Zenners will get benefits - undoubtedly, or else why would they even zen in the first place?

Free players like us have to spend more time in game to get competitive, zenners get it easily and that's the advantage of zenning. It's natural is it not?
    Here is My ID in case u guys want a noob Inductor, who is AFK, offline or too busy too respond - most of the time.

NO ID - I QUIT CAUSE REAL LIFE HIT ME BACK. GL AND HF IN GAME:D

(WILL STALK THE FORUMS)
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    arsfarazon wrote: »

I think the mount speed matters only if everything else is equal (because the maps are very small), but everything else is almost never equal. Aspects like team set up, gear levels, brain capacity, premade vs. random team, etc. all matter more than the slightly increased mount speed over short distances.

Personally, I see no harm in normalizing the mount speed in arenas. It's probably a good idea. I just don't feel it really is the decisive factor, or even one of the top-3 ones, that determines which side wins.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of us understand that but then way concentrate on cosmetic/minor fixes when you still have major problems with coding. I mean who cares if 1+1= 2 if your programming is coming back 1+1= 9

Because whoever's working on finding the AD bug decided to do a few QoL fixes whilst trawling through the code?
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great work Cryptic, this is one of the best games I've ever played, keep it up.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    sammonoskesammonoske Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for even acknowledging core issues with the game like classes having severe problems.

Oh wait..

I mean, what's more important than having one of your core features work correctly?
  • Options
    sentacksentack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just used the online gateway and the interface looked like it was the mobile interface, not the usual desktop interface and yes, this was on my PC using chrome.

I'll admit that the original desktop interface had a lot of problems on chrome, specially if the window was small (Around 800 x 500) but looks fine on Firefox most of the time.

I also still have issues with the filters "Don't show tasks above my level" and "Don't show tasks I have missing materials for", at least for Leadership. These checkboxes never work.

Otherwise, it's a neat interface!
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well they probably have different teams working on fixing different aspects of the the game. ie one working on the gateway while another works on pvp and another on foundry and so forth. Each patch contains whatever has been fixed. Additionally, I am sure some bugs are easier to trace and fix than others. I myself would rather have them push a patch that fixes even minor issues than have them wait till they are able to fix one or more major ones.
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kenering wrote: »

*** anymore new classes, how about working on the broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the game already. We all know the **** Ranger class coming out down the road is going to be so ridiculously powerful so just be patient and let em fix the classes in the game now.

There are still exploits jeopardizing the integrity of the game as a whole that still are not being fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

Can we get more HUD/camera options as in Champions online, please? We need "camera scheme" = mmo controls ( that way the camera won't follow your mouse movement, unless you hold down the right mouse button aka. the way a camera should BE set up as default in a modern mmo.)

The second thing that is pretty much irritating and also a bit annoying is the reticle. Can we get an option to turn it off/on, as we happen to have in Champions online, please?
    A 4th encounter power slot would be awesome, too.
    peace and thx 4 reading.

Everyone has their own tastes. At first, I myself had the same issues with the camera that you do as well as the reticle. Now after playing for a bit I find both to work every well.
    A fourth encounter slot would be a major change to the game as I am sure everything is balanced to 3.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I think the mount speed matters only if everything else is equal (because the maps are very small), but everything else is almost never equal. Aspects like team set up, gear levels, brain capacity, premade vs. random team, etc. all matter more than the slightly increased mount speed over short distances.

Personally, I see no harm in normalizing the mount speed in arenas. It's probably a good idea. I just don't feel it really is the decisive factor, or even one of the top-3 ones, that determines which side wins.

Well said.
  • Options
    usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    sammonoske wrote: »
    Thanks for even acknowledging core issues with the game like classes having severe problems.

Oh wait..

I mean, what's more important than having one of your core features work correctly?

I don't think that they fix issues based on: Low/High priority or Minor/Critical, but based on Easy/Difficult. Which means the easiest ones will be fixed first and so on...
    Shouldn't be expected a major change/fix for balancing or exploiting issues too early.
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    incareal wrote: »
    all this class balance in patch notes are making me moist

All this not realizing that its easier to fix interface issues than to completely rebalance classes in a couple weeks of open beta is making me facepalm.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    pepepoepepepoe Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Could you please do some sort of fix for the skirmish issue.I had spent 3 hours trying to get my daily done had done 2/3 then i used the invoke the god's and it put me at lvl 49 and my daily skirmish was ******. Now i have to queue all over again for a different one such a pain in the a ss.
  • Options
    jajajaexistiertjajajaexistiert Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix ah dawei dawei
This discussion has been closed.