test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Producer's Interview: Now I understand completely.

Comments

• Options
    kharniskharnis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    over 140 instances of PE all packed, following the neverwinter twitter which anyone with an IQ over 84 can do, it's not like you have to mine some secret data hoss.

Here's the thing...the buttsore just can't handle that the game is doing as well as it is, so they make up a bunch of different accounts and lamely attempt their social engineering, this has all happened before and it will happen again. Only now, most rational people know what the score is.

Okay, this might be a wee bit off topic, but concerning your link, I'd just like to point out that trolls didn't destroy The Old Republic; Bioware did that all on their own.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kharnis wrote: »
    Okay, this might be a wee bit off topic, but concerning your link, I'd just like to point out that trolls didn't destroy The Old Republic; Bioware did that all on their own.

That they did.
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you mean...

No, I meant YOU must be getting as poorly briefed as the Lead Producer, which I wrote, and am having difficulties understanding how someone is having difficulties understanding its meaning.

Pretty clear actually, I'll explain it for you seeing as you are either a second language English speaker (or something else)...this means (in your case, not Andy's) you have no idea of what's actually going on with the game population, how it's now dropping off (we can see by reduced map numbers from the start of open beta to now), and how they are talking about merging servers soon as numbers drop enough (indicating they are indeed dropping, and not expecting for numbers to be increasing). We can also see by reduced forum traffic (now takes an hour to 30 minutes on page 1 between last hit threads), and by responses in thread content to game (we are universally discussing how it's p2w, only a few die-hards disagree on this point).

Do you at least acknowledge the aggro issues in this game? Andy has no idea about those either, now is your chance to redeem yourself with regards to game knowledge.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If Andy wants to keep his job he will acknowledge nothing.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys need to understand that all this negativity on the forums is just a conspiracy made up by 4 trolls. There is nothing wrong with the game its "just a few guys with an hidden agenda" they are also "in league" with the last 200 complainers still playing CO to corrupt Neverwinter. Everyone complaining is a troll and they all create accounts in the afternoon to bash neverwinter when they get back from work!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    That they did.

Look guy I get it, you hate neverwinter, hate it so much that you have to spend ten to sixteen hours a day on multiple accounts voicing that hate, heck you were probably part of the astroturfing squad on the TOR forums, but here is the thing, you effectiveness it just isn't there this time, people genuinely like the game, just like folks came back to TOR after all was said and done.

So by all means continue your bitter little jihad, for all the good it will do.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You spend more time defending this nonsense than you do playing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Look guy I get it, you hate neverwinter, hate it so much that you have to spend ten to sixteen hours a day on multiple accounts voicing that hate, heck you were probably part of the astroturfing squad on the TOR forums, but here is the thing, you effectiveness it just isn't there this time, people genuinely like the game, just like folks came back to TOR after all was said and done.

So by all means continue your bitter little jihad, for all the good it will do.

There's probably some forum rule against accusing people of having multiple accounts to troll.

Probably just the "don't accuse people of being a troll, that is trolling itself" rule will cover it.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    There's probably some forum rule against accusing people of having multiple accounts to troll.

Probably just the "don't accuse people of being a troll, that is trolling itself" rule will cover it.

Yeah there is also something against non constructive posts, have at it.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, don't know what interview you were listening to, but he sounded fairly relaxed and conversational, but I guess that take kinda goes against the whole hate agenda thing huh?

Yea .... this. I'm not sure what interview others were listening to, but I heard someone who sounded relaxed & conversational.

FWIW, lots of people -- especially when speaking off the cuff & not prepared -- say "ummm" & "uhhh" & such. This is especially true of people who aren't used to getting up in public & talking. So I'm not really sure what point people are trying to make.

I'll stop there, as anything else I could say would be heavily frowned upon, & I'm trying my best to be civil & productive.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interview was not so bad, alot of denial and we dont expect him to start elaborating on the mess anyway. What derailed is one of the poster that keeps going in every thread from 8 am to 3 in the morning pretending that there is some sort of conspiracy going on and that forum posters giving their opinions all have some sort of hidden agenda... and of course they all create countless acounts in their spare time to destroy that game. Now its even worst we are evil Jihadists trying to crucify a video game...
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kudos for the guy stepping up, but IMHO, he's barely out of MMO diapers and everything comes to light with answers now.

Bad choice WoTC.

Oh please. Go listen to some of Mark Jacobs recent interviews for Camelot Unchained and hear the words of someone that has learned next to nothing over the last 13 years of game making as he talks about rehashing old ideas and trying to recreate the glory days of Dark Age of Camelot, the same game he rips to pieces with a long list of bad ideas, even though his new game, is filled with those same ideas.

This interview you posted was far more refreshing and smacked of someone that hasn't been hammered into the ground and told to create things in a very small box like you will get with so many older developers.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »
    What derailed is one of the poster that keeps going in every thread from 8 am to 3 in the morning pretending that there is some sort of conspiracy going on

FWIW, I think that poster's claims of multiple account trolls is over-the-top.

However, IMO, the OP derailed the thread in the very first post, by blowing the Lead Producer off as someone in "diapers" & then, later, spouting nonsense about analysis of body language & facial ticks & so on, in a purely audio interview. IMO, after that, there was no saving this thread at all.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you, and would not have posted here if it were not for his continual conspiracy buffoonery.
  • Options
    xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    OP is a moron
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Posts disappear? My Lollipops joke is gone?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    Posts disappear? My Lollipops joke is gone?

Yet they left in that guy accusing everyone of having multiple accounts and trolling.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was a great interview. I didn't see anything wrong with it. What were you expecting? I mean, it sounds like the OP had his mind already made up before he even watched it.

What does barley out of MMO Diapers mean? Do you not like him because he is young? Give me youth over a Sid Meier, Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Peter Moleneax, Dr. Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk making an MMO in todays market.

The aforementioned were all just "Barely out of diapers" when they gave us their best. Games like Ultima & Everquest and quite frankly they have been living off the reputations they earned in their youth and have been releasing sub par <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ever since.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Give me youth over a Sid Meier, Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Peter Moleneax, Dr. Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk making an MMO in todays market.

The aforementioned were all just "Barely out of diapers" when they gave us their best. Games like Ultima & Everquest and quite frankly they have been living off the reputations they earned in their youth and have been releasing sub par <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ever since.

The flip side of youth is that you don't have the experience to not make the stupid mistakes. Things that NW are littered with.

This game has a lot of potential, but it's also got a ton of rough edges. Most of the big names you mention would never have released something in this condition.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Some truth in the post above, Bioware indead were new kids on the MMO block and they made a launch with servers issues but the game didnt have daily exploits as a main feature like this game. You didnt see ******bags running around one shotting operation endgame or serious coding exploiting, ruining the economy and having a good laugh out of it on social medias. Game had rubberband and 12 minutes queues for a week...Thats it.

Cryptic and perfect world are not new kids on the MMO block like Bioware was back then, they have two other MMOs on their active list, thet should have known better and there is very little excuse to why this game could be so easly exploited.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I thought it was a great interview. I didn't see anything wrong with it. What were you expecting? I mean, it sounds like the OP had his mind already made up before he even watched it.

What does barley out of MMO Diapers mean? Do you not like him because he is young? Give me youth over a Sid Meier, Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Peter Moleneax, Dr. Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk making an MMO in todays market.

Because they have to produce MMOs that cater to todays convenience based crowd who would rather pay to circumvent actually playing the game, while back in their hayday they were actually allowed to create games that people had to ...you know...play in order to advance in.

When it takes 4-6 months for gamers to catch up to the new content, developers have alot more time and resources to create/test the next release before it goes live, rather than having to deal with a playerbase that handedly defeats the new content in 2 weeks then complains theres nothing to do, which simply begets more rushed releases.

Its not the producers that have changed, its the players. Gamers who experience character death in a NWO dungeon then plow onto the forums to complain its too hard for their class would have never made it in EQ. The environment was more conducive to producing better games back then where now its all about money grabs. They cant make good games because the industry doesnt allow them to with their deadlines and profit expectations. You cant take a polar bear, toss em into a south american rain forest, and expect it to come out on top, then accuse it of being sub par when it doesnt happen. All those snakes and pirhanas wouldnt survive in his environment either.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beran1 wrote: »
    umm I don't know what to umm say umm so I'll umm have a meeting only umm one day umm a week.

Don't forget the pauses and "like" spam.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When asked about important issues the community are concerned about he didn't mention aggro/cleric aggro.

I don't think he knows what's going on at all, it's like he hasn't actually been briefed.

I'll let you in on a very open secret. What a games devs consider important and priority rarely if ever matches what the quote unquote "Community" thinks is critical.

I suspect the cleric aggro thing has been noted and a note added to the aggro system to look at it next time someone does a major overhaul of the aggro system. As an amusing aside ask 5 random players what they consider the most critical problems in the game and you will likely wind up with 5 completely different lists.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ask 5 random players what they consider the most critical problems in the game and you will likely wind up with 5 completely different lists.

Aggro is the most important thing in the game, for pve grouping.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aggro is the most important thing in the game, for pve grouping.

I said 5 random. I bet it won't be on even 3 of the peoples list or at least not in their top 5 problems they want addressed.

Maybe if polled them as they exited a dungeon that might be different but in general... No.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I said 5 random...
    Maybe if

The question shouldn't be about asking random people who don't play the game properly. Hell maybe we should go up to a bunch of people in the street and ask them what they think should be fixed next.

The main issue is getting a basic mechanic such as aggro in the game fixed, and to all of our surprise the Lead Producer seems to have no clue at all about such a big issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The question shouldn't be about asking random people who don't play the game properly. Hell maybe we should go up to a bunch of people in the street and ask them what they think should be fixed next.

The main issue is getting a basic mechanic such as aggro in the game fixed, and to all of our surprise the Lead Producer seems to have no clue at all about such a big issue.

And that gets back to its your problem not the devs problem. And what you and your friends perceive as life or death must fix now problems might not even be on the top 200 list of things to fix that the devs have. It is likely to be there somewhere but unlikely to be one of the high priority issues.

And the reason why is that you are not a programmer and don't think like a programmer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    unlikely to be one of the high priority issues.

Yes, I'm sure there are more things to add to the cash shop needing to receive higher priority.
  • Options
    freeabcfreeabc Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Do you have any evidence for any of that? Or are you just talking out of your...?

Gasp, you mean that a media campaign cannot be filtered so that it appears as being "more than positive" - sorry, but jeesh. Yes, Facebook is unfiltered and the raw truth, there's no one watching that and removing negative statements. Meanwhile, the real players sit on the forums and plea for fixes and endure the HA havoc and Saturday night maintenance windows.

Yes, the social media thermometer is all that matters. Can't agree more /sigh.

Since you believe that social media is all that, perhaps one of those nice FB games would be better suited - grow some pot with your neighbors, build a farm - I hear the social buzz for those is beyond positive as well - because that means they are all awesome games, yes?