test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/17/13

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We've got another round of fixes that we would like to deploy as soon as possible. We'll be taking the Neverwinter servers down for a brief maintenance at 7AM Pacific Time on 5/17/13. We anticipate that the maintenance will last two hours, but will keep you in the loop if it is extended or ends earlier than planned.

What time is that in my time zone?

Once the Patch Notes are ready, we will publish them in the Launcher and in the Patch Notes section of the Forums.

Thank you for your patience and continued support! As a reminder, we are performing frequent maintenance during beta with the goal of fixing as many issues as possibly as quickly as we can, but plan to have maintenance less frequently as we move closer to the official launch.

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 5/17/13 8:45AM PDT: Servers are up!
Update 5/17/13 7AM PDT: Maintenance has started!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    vexedeamonvexedeamon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ooooo talk of an official launch.... this is getting exciting :cool:
  • Options
    daledaledaledale Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Official. Launch. More classes please!

I like the frequent, less long server fixs better than losing an entire day.
  • Options
    ogknotogknot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fzoul Chembryl is the current leader

and thanks for the reply
  • Options
    itbetruthitbetruth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe a fix for FPS, or to soon?
  • Options
    beringtomberingtom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Let's just get this **** rubberbanding under control, then let's talk about an official launch ;)
  • Options
    rivalcasiorivalcasio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they will patch the PVP system? More and more PVP games are consisting of AFKers with an auto-move bot so they don't get kicked. They need to make the glory system performance based without over rewarding kill *****s and under rewarding players who play they objective.

Don't forget more PVP content :p
  • Options
    galidassgalidass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will we see any updates about Guardian Fighters' Threat being fixed? It is a shame that the healer is tanking everything....
    Pay to win? LOL! Get your facts straight, this game got surveys. Click on Charge Zen, and choose Earn Zen before you complain about 6$ respec, unless you can't do them ofc.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yay ty for more fixes :D

Please add in this patch the companion unbind bug fix :D
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this patch has some actual gameplay improvement fixes instead of only closing exploits. You know..the laughable dungeon finder system, broken AH search, bugged powers/feats, bugged combat like skills not executing properly after dodging/teleport and some class balancing.

3 weeks since SOFT LAUNCH(i dont call it open beta), and nothing has been done to the game except closing exploits and introducing new zen items.
  • Options
    tgatestgates Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One good way to get rid of the AFK-Botters is to install some sort of tracker within the match. If said bot is running around the spawn point and does not move away from or just moves around that point for 30 seconds or more then they are knocked out of the match. Same could be said if they are not around one of the 3 points of interest. If they are caught doing that, they should be suspended for X amount of hours or maybe even days, depending on how often they are caught doing that.

Another would be, each person gets points for being in the match, but if they fall short of a certain goal, they get no reward. You already get points for capturing a point of interest, killing a player, or even assisting another. So standing around, you pretty much get very little points for being in the match, which equals no reward for standing around or even running in a circle.

Understandable if people have an emergency that comes up, but these matches are becoming so unbalanced, no matter what side you are on, the winning side or loosing side there is no challenge in that.

Another idea could be if someone is suspected of a bot, or even seen people who log out, the match could be halted for a moment while the person is replaced and then the match continue on.... or even have someone on the other side spectate while it continues on. Giving them rewards for being in the match at least, but then the match is balanced. Or have someone volunteer to sit out and giving them another type of reward for wanting to sit out of the match while it continues.
  • Options
    ironmetal1ironmetal1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am personally liking all the maintence and bug fixs:D and i do like how its not going to take all day like some mmo i have played before:d less bugs the better the game will be:D
  • Options
    xt4nkixt4nki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tell me one think... why always you do this maintence when in europe is ~16:00 and i come back from work... thats...!
  • Options
    nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Fix the aggro KTHXBYE.............
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rivalcasio wrote: »
    Maybe they will patch the PVP system? More and more PVP games are consisting of AFKers with an auto-move bot so they don't get kicked. They need to make the glory system performance based without over rewarding kill *****s and under rewarding players who play they objective.

This isn't a PVP focused game. Deal with it.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    awakakakaawakakaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe im <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but i cannot figure out time yet, i checked at home and 16;00 UTC was 4 for me at GMT +4... So from 2 to 4 GMT+. Now im getting until 6 evening time and i cant get why ;)
  • Options
    nchrissnchriss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here in Greece,the time is given by the Admin's link shows that maintanance is gonna happen in 3 hours from now and is allready down at least 3 hours and is gonna last 2 hours when happen... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    48 minutes left
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    awakakaka wrote: »
    48 minutes left

Actually, it's still over an hour away. As of my post, it is currently 4:27 AM in the timezone they are basing the schedule off of.

Appreciate all of the fixes, I'm still weary of the previous exploits having done damage to the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i was right 48 minutes..
  • Options
    alfiontealfionte Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys,
    I would like to propose a multiple delete for account mails. (or better, delete all mails without attachments).
    Please, i guess i'm not the only one buried by more than 800 mail ;)

Thank you for your hard work!

Gabriele
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    awakakaka wrote: »
    i was right 48 minutes..

Um, no, you were not right. It is 8:00am CST now, which is 6:00am PST. I live in the US, I know my time zones here.

P.S. That means there's an hour left until maintenance.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daledale wrote: »
    Official. Launch. More classes please!

I like the frequent, less long server fixs better than losing an entire day.

I agree, while I think it would be better if they would get their patch guy in to work about 3 hours earlier than they do, having small fixes taking 1-3 hours in the morning (during weekdays) is much better than having servers down for like 8-12 hours a day once per week/2weeks like most companies do. I have grown to pretty much count on waking up, making my coffee and sitting on the forums for a couple of hours before I can log in, and that is ok with me.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tgates wrote: »
    One good way to get rid of the AFK-Botters is to install some sort of tracker within the match. If said bot is running around the spawn point and does not move away from or just moves around that point for 30 seconds or more then they are knocked out of the match. Same could be said if they are not around one of the 3 points of interest. If they are caught doing that, they should be suspended for X amount of hours or maybe even days, depending on how often they are caught doing that.

Another would be, each person gets points for being in the match, but if they fall short of a certain goal, they get no reward. You already get points for capturing a point of interest, killing a player, or even assisting another. So standing around, you pretty much get very little points for being in the match, which equals no reward for standing around or even running in a circle.

Understandable if people have an emergency that comes up, but these matches are becoming so unbalanced, no matter what side you are on, the winning side or loosing side there is no challenge in that.

Another idea could be if someone is suspected of a bot, or even seen people who log out, the match could be halted for a moment while the person is replaced and then the match continue on.... or even have someone on the other side spectate while it continues on. Giving them rewards for being in the match at least, but then the match is balanced. Or have someone volunteer to sit out and giving them another type of reward for wanting to sit out of the match while it continues.

Your suggestions are good but it is extremely difficult to program for all these variables. Honestly the way it has been since the patch I would be happy to get 5 players in every match. I would prefer to bish about an afker than to simply only have 3 people on my team.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    Actually, it's still over an hour away. As of my post, it is currently 4:27 AM in the timezone they are basing the schedule off of.

Appreciate all of the fixes, I'm still weary of the previous exploits having done damage to the game.

It is not that big of a deal it will balance itself out. In a way. Those players may have OP Diamonds but the only thing they can do with them is put it back into the economy it will all work out. Inflated game economies are a part of things but if everything goes up in diamond value so does the stuff you sell. It still remains fact that those willing to farm the items can still get the money.
  • Options
    pugpug1953pugpug1953 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank You . Please do something about the Need Greed system IT is NOT working . There is a system in forsaken world that works great. Put that system in please. I am tired of everyone rolling need on my stuff that they cannot even use TY
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, they already took the login servers down for the game? So much for queuing up that last couple of professions before downtime...
  • Options
    wjvghostwjvghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope the rubber banding gets fixed :c
  • Options
    salubrius1salubrius1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pffft, it should say that the servers will be down 15 mins earlier than they do.

It's the little things that are the most frustrating :p
  • Options
    kilordfactor9kilordfactor9 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rivalcasio wrote: »

I agree more pvp arenas. And they should def give out glory and exp on a scaling system based on individual and team performance. If you do nothing for the team then you don't get rewards. Now you don't have to worry about afk. SIMPLE.
  • Options
    desolatecow21desolatecow21 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I literally just finished getting 5 clerics to the enclave to prepare for multiboxing. Last loading screen on last character bumped me out of the game. Bah.