test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Producer's Interview: Now I understand completely.

ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The Interview

After telling myself not to watch it, I did anyways. Should have finished my Tosh-O vids.

Kudos for the guy stepping up, but IMHO, he's barely out of MMO diapers and everything comes to light with answers now.

Bad choice WoTC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
Post edited by ancientwolfgr808 on

Comments

• Options
    anicocia88anicocia88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What didn't you like about the interview?
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd say the fact 90% of it sounds like a PR campaign speech.
  • Options
    anicocia88anicocia88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm. I thought it sounded fine, other than missing a few obvious key points to go into more detail.
  • Options
    ccoulterccoulter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, having been in the biz for several years, this is the least producer-y Producer I've ever heard. This is more how developers sound.
  • Options
    undeadrebelundeadrebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it was well done,pretty laid back it was interesting to hear a more personal side of the devs.
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When asked about important issues the community are concerned about he didn't mention aggro/cleric aggro.

I don't think he knows what's going on at all, it's like he hasn't actually been briefed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    I'd say the fact 90% of it sounds like a PR campaign speech.

That, and if you know anything about speech analysis, facial cues and eye movements, he's scared. There's a reason people always talk about the "old school" days, consider where this industry has landed since handing the reigns over to the college grads. Listening to the playerbase now means there are more knowledgeable people in the wings with proven track records.

Now there's who sit at a table and throw out dollar figures when the subject of doing the right thing is a start. Send them back to the real estate industry to finish the job. :cool:

*fixed for the low end*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beran1beran1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    umm I don't know what to umm say umm so I'll umm have a meeting only umm one day umm a week.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Interview

After telling myself not to watch it, I did anyways. Should have finished my Tosh-O vids.

Kudos for the guy stepping up, but IMHO, he's barely out of MMO diapers and everything comes to light with answers now.

Bad choice WoTC.

All I'm seeing is a jealous former industry person ragging on the new blood.

Also Andy is in his mid 30's
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That, and if you know anything about speech analysis, facial cues and eye movements, he's scared shatless.

Facial cues huh... interesting since it's an audio interview.....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    That, and if you know anything about speech analysis, facial cues and eye movements, he's scared shatless. Theres a reason people always talk about the "old school" days, consider where this industry has landed since handing the reigns over to the college grads. Listening to the playerbase now means there are more knowledgeable people in the wings with proven track records.

Shoot your **** monkeys who sit at a table and throw out dollar figures when the subject of doing the right thing is a start. Send them back to the real estate industry to finish the job. :cool:

Did I watch the wrong video? The video I watched was a still shot of the guy with a D&D background around it. There were no eye movements or facial cues. It was just a picture of the guy
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Facial cues huh... interesting since it's an audio interview.....:rolleyes:

Its a field of study, not directed at the interview in whole. Ya rolled low on int and went with dex didnt you? Archer... :o

I gave you guys maybe too much credit for being able to note that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its a field of study, not directed at the interview in whole. Ya rolled low on int and went with dex didnt you? Archer... :o

Well I certainly can see why you are no longer in the industry.

Also, don't know what interview you were listening to, but he sounded fairly relaxed and conversational, but I guess that take kinda goes against the whole hate agenda thing huh?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    All I'm seeing is a jealous former industry person ragging on the new blood.

Dating him? Just asking. Anyways, I made my money, and relaxing in Hawaii. Work, maybe 2 days a month. I'm sure the end result for these guys is in the future too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dating him? Just asking. Anyways, I made my money, and relaxing in Hawaii. Work, maybe 2 days a month. I'm sure the end result for these guys is in the future too

It's called linkedin .

And sure you are....you can supersize those fries BTW.
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That, and if you know anything about speech analysis, facial cues and eye movements, he's scared shatless.

Yeah he must be gd scared! Look at that, he doesnt even move at all during the whole interview!!! He doesn't even blink once!!! D:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah he must be gd scared! Look at that, he doesnt even move at all during the whole interview!!! He doesn't even blink once!!! D:

No no he was talking about "the field of study" :D Which naturally he is an expert on as well...he teaches it at his beach front bungalow in Maui.

Yeah that was the most relaxed nervous dude I ever heard. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This comes off as pure PR with pre-approved questions. I'm sure he knows exactly what has been happening but has been instructed on what to talk about.

"We released and it's not like our team is immediately cut down to a skeleton crew...". And here I was thinking this was just a beta test :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    This comes off as pure PR with pre-approved questions. I'm sure he knows exactly what has been happening but has been instructed on what to talk about.

Yeah what's been happening is five angry trolls with multiple accounts have been spamming the General forums, they can see the IP matchup so they ignore and ban, meanwhile the game has three packed shards and the buzz on social media is beyond positive.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah what's been happening is five angry trolls with multiple accounts have been spamming the General forums, they can see the IP matchup so they ignore and ban, meanwhile the game has three packed shards and the buzz on social media is beyond positive.

Do you have any evidence for any of that? Or are you just talking out of your...?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You must be getting as poorly briefed as the Lead Producer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Do you have any evidence for any of that? Or are you just talking out of your...?

over 140 instances of PE all packed, following the neverwinter twitter which anyone with an IQ over 84 can do, it's not like you have to mine some secret data hoss.

Here's the thing...the buttsore just can't handle that the game is doing as well as it is, so they make up a bunch of different accounts and lamely attempt their social engineering, this has all happened before and it will happen again. Only now, most rational people know what the score is.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

He's just a kid. Complete PR spin, he was given his marching orders by the "suity types" who sign his paychecks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »

Honestly if I were Andy, do you actually think you would still have an account?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    over 140 instances of PE all packed, following the neverwinter twitter which anyone with an IQ over 84 can do, it's not like you have to mine some secret data hoss.

Here's the thing...the buttsore just can't handle that the game is doing as well as it is, so they make up a bunch of different accounts and lamely attempt their social engineering, this has all happened before and it will happen again. Only now, most rational people know what the score is.

Of course it's packed, it's free for God's sakes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Honestly if I were Andy, do you actually think you would still have an account?

? I didn't accuse you of being Andy, paranoid much?

Also are you saying if you were Andy you wouldn't play this game either?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    Of course it's packed, it's free for God's sakes.

wait wait...what happened to it's not free it's P2W???
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wait wait...what happened to it's not free it's P2W???

Did I say anything about winning kid?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Oh the Neverwinter twitter... yeah that's some strong data, sure...

How is that article in any way evidence for your theory?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ? I didn't accuse you of being Andy, paranoid much?

Also are you saying if you were Andy you wouldn't play this game either?

Did you mean...
    He must be getting as poorly briefed as the Lead Producer.