test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PSA: To all you "open-beta" nay-sayers...

Comments

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tek83 wrote: »
    Not sure if trolling...

I'd explain it, but I really don't think you'd be able to comprehend. Let me dumb it down:

Beta = Expect bugs, follow up with reports, etc.

Release = Minimal bugs, people have every right to be pissed off with issues.

There's no "magic patch"

It enter release when the game is stable enough.

and in the meantime, people will defend any and all bugs and rain money on them without them having to tgive a **** about criticism nevermind beta used to mean "not out for actual consumption yet"
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    a. Why are you cruising game sites at work (and don't say you get paid to because that's a lie)?

b. When they accept RMT we're not in beta anymore Toto.

Maybe if you had a good education you would know but from that post you don't seem to have one.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    and in the meantime, people will defend any and all bugs and rain money on them without them having to tgive a **** about criticism nevermind beta used to mean "not out for actual consumption yet"

You need to quantify that even further.

If they are taking my money for something. I don't give a **** what they call it. I expect it to work reasonably as advertised... and I expect major issues to be resolve in a timely manner.

They can hide behind "beta or soft release" all they want.... if they are scamming or ripping people off the courts one give one **** what they call it. They will see they are taking people's money for a product or service. PERIOD.

Are consumers now days so easily duped and fooled? No wonder games are released in such poorly, untested and unfinished conditions.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well don't hold your breathe on TESO either.. I'm also anticipating that release but I've been getting some disturbing feedback from colleagues who are in some development circles with some of their devs... they are making some very stupid decisions in that game.

I still have hope.. outside of TESO I don't even know of anything else on the radar.. I've been struggling to find a permanent game to play for 2 years now. LOTRO was always my fallback game and WB has really watered down and ruined that game. I was so stoked for Secret World. I was stoked for GW2. I was stoked for Tera. Probably a dozen others I'm forgetting in their.. Just keep chasing that dream of the fun I had playing MUDs, then EQ1 and UO, even Wow up thru Burning Crusade.

Not played GW2 for about 6-8 weeks, this has something to do with time constraints. Our race season started in march in the UK, I'm on the road a lot. I still pay a sub for SWTOR and i think I've only logged in twice for patch updates this year. I find it hard to get motivated to get back into any game once I've been gone a while. That's why after nearly 6 years of WOW iI could probably never go back. my account is likely hacked to death anyway ;)

To keep me going I played Bioshock infinite and Dishonored and although great both were over far too quickly. I still look in on Skyrim, it's just beautiful. I said when Oblivion came out that if they could make that an MMO I'd quit wow forever and live in that world. I'm kinda hoping that's what TESO will be but I've not had a beta invite yet, which is strange. I used to get paid for QA testing with a couple of companies and I have a variety of hardware. it usually gets me an invite.

It's games though, i can take it or leave it. I spend most of my time at race tracks. I get my buzz without the need for an alternate reality ;)

Are consumers now days so easily duped and fooled? No wonder games are released in such poorly, untested and unfinished conditions.

You must remember that most of the consumers are not like you or I. I expect you are not my age but it's clear you are no kid. many of these players are kids who are not even spending their own money. Hell many don't even have a concept of the value of money nowadays.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    left that site immediately because cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> offends me. Find me an article that isn't on a site intended for 12 year old horn dogs and maybe I'll read it

skirt = <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for you???
    Are you some kind of religious zealot from the 18th who somehow travelled in time?
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this encapsulates exactly what's wrong with all these game releases... You guys actually cause the same problems that most of you guys complain about. Go figure.

Thanks for the empirical example of what we've been talking about.

yeah? give me a quote from this thread that shows me complaining about anything? so what exactly am I causing? seems like you are trying to be too smart for your own good.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    a) works in a call center I wager. Same as myself.

To reply to all of you about jobs, I'm a software developer. That's why I hate it when you guys give so much flak to the devs. Fixing bugs isn't as easy as you all make it out to be. Also, same with meeting deadlines. They are always right around the corner, and there is always iterative test cycles, miscommunications, etc... It isn't as easy as you guys think.

And yes, if my CTO walked behind my desk and saw that add on MMORPG, he would be like "why the **** are you on cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> websites?"

He wouldn't be mad or anything, but it would probably turn into some weird inside joke about how I visit softcore cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> websites. At a quick glance, that's what that picture looks like.
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »

.....what?
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not played GW2 for about 6-8 weeks, this has something to do with time constraints. Our race season started in march in the UK, I'm on the road a lot. I still pay a sub for SWTOR and i think I've only logged in twice for patch updates this year. I find it hard to get motivated to get back into any game once I've been gone a while. That's why after nearly 6 years of WOW iI could probably never go back. my account is likely hacked to death anyway ;)

To keep me going I played Bioshock infinite and Dishonored and although great both were over far too quickly. I still look in on Skyrim, it's just beautiful. I said when Oblivion came out that if they could make that an MMO I'd quit wow forever and live in that world. I'm kinda hoping that's what TESO will be but I've not had a beta invite yet, which is strange. I used to get paid for QA testing with a couple of companies and I have a variety of hardware. it usually gets me an invite.

It's games though, i can take it or leave it. I spend most of my time at race tracks. I get my buzz without the need for an alternate reality ;)

You must remember that most of the consumers are not like you or I. I expect you are not my age but it's clear you are no kid. many of these players are kids who are not even spending their own money. Hell many don't even have a concept of the value of money nowadays.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/
    you have seen this right?
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DP........
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Man you sound exactly like me. I'm playing GW2 right now but I'm not a big PVPer.. I imagine I'll get bored once I finish the map. Also dabbling a little bit in Secret World again buts its still real buggy and some other quirkiness about it that will prevent it from becoming my permanent day to day game. But yea, ever since Wow:Burning Crusade and LOTRO I've been on this search for a new 'permanent day to day game' and just simply haven't found it.

I actually had a beta invite to TESO but gave it to a co-worker because I thought I was gonna be knee deep playing this. But honestly, I'm done beta testing. I'm done buying games at release. The next title I buy will be at least 30 days after release and I've had a chance to read all the third-party, impartial reviews. Oh and won't ever be buying another EA title again ever. The only exception will be Madden on my PS3.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    NWO hasnt been in open beta for a couple days now. It is live according to their sites.

http://www.perfectworld.com/

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?239112-Neverwinter-Online-Live-No-longer-in-Open-Beta-(Infographic-Inside)&highlight=open+beta

No more justification of all issues and bugs due to rules lawyering the term beta, as the term itself is no longer applicable.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »

The huge picture on the link you just provided that says "NOW IN OPEN BETA" would like to have a word with you.

But yeah, you guys have selective vision/hearing/comprehension, I get that.
  • Options
    katszckatszc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At a quick glance, that's what that picture looks like.

My brain is too "rotten" to see this.
    Or himself and his CTO has sex on their minds 24/7.

He'd love my old signature.
    alexsigdraftalex12.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    NWO hasnt been in open beta for a couple days now. It is live according to their sites.

http://www.perfectworld.com/

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?239112-Neverwinter-Online-Live-No-longer-in-Open-Beta-(Infographic-Inside)&highlight=open+beta

No more justification of all issues and bugs due to rules lawyering the term beta, as the term itself is no longer applicable.

no need to spam posts. this has already been stated if you go back through and read the thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    katszc wrote: »
    Or himself and his CTO has sex on their minds 24/7.

Guilty.

But that's what happens when you are a regular, testosterone filled man.
  • Options
    vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    left that site immediately because cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> offends me. Find me an article that isn't on a site intended for 12 year old horn dogs and maybe I'll read it

Because we were put on this Earth to be Google for you? No putz "find" your own ****.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

If the state of the industry is anything to go by, and the fact that fanboy lemmings actively work against their own best interest with a smile on their face, then yes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    no need to spam posts. this has already been stated if you go back through and read the thread.

I dont think the word spam means what you think it means.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To reply to all of you about jobs, I'm a software developer. That's why I hate it when you guys give so much flak to the devs. Fixing bugs isn't as easy as you all make it out to be. Also, same with meeting deadlines. They are always right around the corner, and there is always iterative test cycles, miscommunications, etc... It isn't as easy as you guys think.

And yes, if my CTO walked behind my desk and saw that add on MMORPG, he would be like "why the **** are you on cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> websites?"

He wouldn't be mad or anything, but it would probably turn into some weird inside joke about how I visit softcore cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> websites. At a quick glance, that's what that picture looks like.

What's the point in educating idiots not knowing how the corporate world works anyways? Why educate them how the business model works?
    I mean if anything you are just wasting your own time trying to post something to idiots.
    I also don't understand why you even made this thread in the first place. If you are a software developer then you should know better to try to post something in defense to other devs.
    Most of the devs know that a lot of people have 0 understanding on what is going on. Communicating with users is probably the most difficult thing especially trying to get concrete requirements.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The huge picture on the link you just provided that says "NOW IN OPEN BETA" would like to have a word with you.

But yeah, you guys have selective vision/hearing/comprehension, I get that.

Which completely contradicts the designation of LIVE in the same pic - when it used to have a designation of OPEN BETA. They can advertize it as open beta all they want, they are indicating its live.

Obvious rules lawyer is obvious. Selective reading comprehension? Im not the one dismissing all feedback due to the term beta being used, implying that if they use "beta" its somehow OK to have all these issues with their game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Which completely contradicts the designation of LIVE in the same pic - when it used to have a designation of OPEN BETA. They can advertize it as open beta all they want, they are indicating its live.

Ever thought about them meaning that the "Open Beta is Live"?
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lmao some people really think that this is a real open beta? Thats cute.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What's the point in educating idiots not knowing how the corporate world works anyways? Why educate them how the business model works?
    I mean if anything you are just wasting your own time trying to post something to idiots.
    I also don't understand why you even made this thread in the first place. If you are a software developer then you should know better to try to post something in defense to other devs.
    Most of the devs know that a lot of people have 0 understanding on what is going on. Communicating with users is probably the most difficult thing especially trying to get concrete requirements.

uhhh then why did u make post?
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    umad because D'Brickashaw Ferguson?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

No - because there is a separate marker for open beta, the square with the O in it. The square with the L in it indicates live.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

and continue to post after stating its a waste of time...is this the definition of a hypocrite?
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    If the state of the industry is anything to go by, and the fact that fanboy lemmings actively work against their own best interest with a smile on their face, then yes.

pretty much. Its the same reason EA and Activision get away with it. or why BP can offer a few feel good apologies and get people to stop paying attention to their wrecking of the Gulf Coast. because people will ultimately shrug and keep buying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No - because there is a separate marker for open beta, the square with the O in it. The square with the L in it indicates live.

Ever thought about the dev doing a mistake? Oh wait you are assuming people are 100% perfect. Ahh I see another ignorant **** LOL!