test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PSA: To all you "open-beta" nay-sayers...

kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is Path of Exile in open beta?

Is Dota II in open beta?

Do both games take your money?

I rest my case.
Post edited by kimmurieloblodra on

Comments

• Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

left that site immediately because cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> offends me. Find me an article that isn't on a site intended for 12 year old horn dogs and maybe I'll read it
  • Options
    xdementiaxdementia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    left that site immediately because cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> offends me. Find me an article that isn't on a site intended for 12 year old horn dogs and maybe I'll read it

That's the equivalent of plugging your ears with your fingers and shouting "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU"
  • Options
    bingobongojrbingobongojr Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

so thats somehow renders my reply useless? Yea sure ill go look for mmorpg.com article, hosted on another website.

speaking of which, if <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> offends you you could use your hands to cover those nasty adds, no peeking (just read the article, its in the middle, adds are on its sides). Or you could use add blocker. Or you could stop being offended by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Either way, i posted a link and you can ignore it all you want but im afraid that wont make it go away.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xdementia wrote: »
    That's the equivalent of plugging your ears with your fingers and shouting "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU"

first of all, I'm at work, and I'm not going on some cartoon-pedophilia ridden website to read some obscure article. Tired of hearing everyone saying "this isn't a beta" when it clearly is. And everyone's only argument is "when they take your money, it's not a beta anymore"

That argument is BS, I just disproved it, and no one can refute that. Go to PoE forums and say PoE isn't in beta. Do the same in Dota. You'll get ridiculed and shamed to no end.

EDIT: and yes, when your reply is hosted on a website filled with cartoon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it is thus rendered useless, because no one with a shred of credibility would take anything on a site like that seriously.
  • Options
    xdementiaxdementia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That argument is BS, I just disproved it, and no one can refute that.

Well that clearly closes the discussion then! Thanks for enlightening us with your superior intellect. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xdementia wrote: »
    Well that clearly closes the discussion then! Thanks for enlightening us with your superior intellect. :)

no problem, next time, you know where to find me.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They don't take my money because I spend all my money on Neverwinter!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    They don't take my money because I spend all my money on Neverwinter!

that makes two of us!!!

Where did your other avatar go? This one is just creepy
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Have you seen Neverwinter front page lately? Or the launcher?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    first of all, I'm at work, and I'm not going on some cartoon-pedophilia ridden website to read some obscure article. Tired of hearing everyone saying "this isn't a beta" when it clearly is. And everyone's only argument is "when they take your money, it's not a beta anymore"

That argument is BS, I just disproved it, and no one can refute that. Go to PoE forums and say PoE isn't in beta. Do the same in Dota. You'll get ridiculed and shamed to no end.

neither of those games, bar dota, is in beta.

In betas you have character wipes before going live. Betas also consist of finding critical bugs/broken features and fixing them before your game goes live. And if there are some serious bugs involved, there could be multiple wipes during 'real' beta. This game had that phase too. Its name was Closed beta.

Speaking of which, what exactly do you think will change once this game stops being in imaginary beta, and goes live?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...all I saw there was ad banners for Ragnarok Online II. Doesn't even look particularly "sexy" compared to the average Asian-MMO. So, yeah.

/shrug

(actually, looking at it again.... except for the knee-socks, I could make a reasonable approximation of that outfit in NWO. Just need to find the right combination of "skirt" bits on a GWF or GF or DC armor, and throw some dyes on it.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Have you seen Neverwinter front page lately? Or the launcher?

one small image with cleavage is a bit different than the site he linked to.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    that makes two of us!!!

Where did your other avatar go? This one is just creepy

They made me take it off. I wasn't going to argue with them. I even explained to them that it was a picture of myself before I had my lap band procedure. They said it was offensive cause I was half naked. I was wearing shorts!
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    first of all, I'm at work, and I'm not going on some cartoon-pedophilia ridden website to read some obscure article. Tired of hearing everyone saying "this isn't a beta" when it clearly is.

a. Why are you cruising game sites at work (and don't say you get paid to because that's a lie)?

b. When they accept RMT we're not in beta anymore Toto.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    a. Why are you cruising game sites at work (and don't say you get paid to because that's a lie)?

b. When they accept RMT we're not in beta anymore Toto.

a. because my job is clearly better than yours

b. as explained earlier, go say that in PoE or Dota forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    They made me take it off. I wasn't going to argue with them. I even explained to them that it was a picture of myself before I had my lap band procedure. They said it was offensive cause I was half naked. I was wearing shorts!

Although I don't believe that was you, I would've put up a fight :) made me laugh every time you posted. aside from the content of your posts too, cuz those were always golden
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That argument is BS, I just disproved it, and no one can refute that.

http://www.perfectworld.com/

Refuted.

Now stop wasting everyone's time.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You mean the smaller cleavage but more leg? Shocking.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

yea that one is particularly nasty. In fact i firmly belive its much worse than killing that happens in games youre playing, in cartoons/movies you are watching.

Like twice as bad, imo.

I say we all should boycott that site, unless they replace that add with some appropriate thing, like tens of dead npcs, with a picture of some 10y.o yelling "i killed 'em all dad".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    http://www.perfectworld.com/

Refuted.

Now stop wasting everyone's time.

Yeah, where it says "Now in Open Beta!"

Thanks for backing me up! So since no one can come up with anything concrete, we can stop with the "this game is live" shenanigans, because you guys are just making yourselves look dumb. We all know this game is in beta, they are working on bugs and exploits, so take a couple chill pills and wait for the stable release!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I dispute your refute.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, where it says "Now in Open Beta!"

Thanks for backing me up! So since no one can come up with anything concrete, we can stop with the "this game is live" shenanigans, because you guys are just making yourselves look dumb. We all know this game is in beta, they are working on bugs and exploits, so take a couple chill pills and wait for the stable release!

just go make another account to troll in forums, because that one is ruined imo. Nobody even bothers with bad trolls. You cant expect people to consider you a real troll, and take you seriously if all you do is throw a bone and ignore whatever you feel like ignoring that time :P

its just a friendly advice

btw That green L next to neverwinters name, you could look it up. Theres a way to decipher its meaning.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    just go make another account to troll in forums, because that one is ruined imo. Nobody even bothers with bad trolls. You cant expect people to consider you a real troll, and take you seriously if all you do is throw a bone and ignore whatever you feel like ignoring that time :P

its just a friendly advice

btw That green L next to neverwinters name, you could look it up. Theres a way to decipher its meaning.

Newsflash: you can see the date this account was created, right under my name.

Another newsflash, I'm not trolling, I'm absolutely serious, and no one has come up with anything even remotely intelligent that can refute the facts that I am showing you.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    me ... dumb.

Also where it says "Live"
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Newsflash: you can see the date this account was created, right under my name.

Another newsflash, I'm not trolling, I'm absolutely serious, and no one has come up with anything even remotely intelligent that can refute the facts that I am showing you.

what facts are you talking about?

About mmorpg.com showing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> adds? You know whats funny, for all i know that add could be there for days, and i opened that site at least 5-6 times today and never ever even noticed that part that offended you, until you pointed it out.

What other 'facts' have you brought into this topic? Only new thing i learned thanks to this topic is that you are offended by cartoon girls wearing mini skirts. And you ignore what other people say. Thats about it :o)

So, even if we disregard that
    a) nothing will change once games goes from imaginary open beta > live
    b) there will be no wipes during this stage, regardless of what happens, as it was proven with gf/boss bugs

PW still disagrees with you. Once again, check out that green L meaning on http://www.perfectworld.com/ Yea that one thats right next to Neverwinters name under games list. Yea that one.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    good article

ugh... tried reading it again, because I actually consider what beaghan1 says to be smart.... But I can't. I get too discouraged. I open the page, see the half-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and that site just loses all credibility to me. Sorry, I must be too old or something....
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This needs to be plastered all over these forums.

I visit MMORPG daily and I was going to post it here, but it already was. Now to see if there's a thread dedicated solely to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    PW still disagrees with you. Once again, check out that green L meaning on http://www.perfectworld.com/ Yea that one thats right next to Neverwinters name under games list. Yea that one.

Right next to the huge lettering that says "Now in Open Beta!"

you are starting to sound like a broken record ....