Options

I'm going to assume no one got banned and no items were rolled back/removed

123457»

Comments

• Options
    daaysdaays Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    This is a beta.

People found using this exploit should be rewarded for finding a bug. Free zen I'd say.

Those who aren't exploiting should be removed from the game. They're not testing. Just playing. Which isn't the point of a beta.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daays wrote: »
    This is a beta.

People found using this exploit should be rewarded for finding a bug. Free zen I'd say.

Those who aren't exploiting should be removed from the game. They're not testing. Just playing. Which isn't the point of a beta.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this post :(
  • Options
    xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    lol @ Daays.

He/she is right on so many levels right now... PWE hasn't actually said the game was released yet, and they're afraid to, because the second they do, they "officially" start receiving the blame for all of their f_ck ups.

Right now, it's hard to ban anyone for anything, as it's Beta. Are you really going to ban someone who found a bug, and or exploit that should have been looked into, but instead, all that was done as we seen earlier, was one patch note was added, and more cash shop items were thrown in.

How much better is PWE going to look if they band someone who spent $200 on the game, for playing their "Beta", which technically, isn't the released version of the game. I'd say that'd throw quite a bit of people into an outrage, and the game would soon just turn into a buncha Brazilian BS like what Tera has become.

Not that I'm racist or anything, but having the chat channels flooded with "Hue Hue Hue", doesn't really fly for me too well.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    too much tea-party marching going on in here

this game is private domain. you have no rights under the constitution at all. no free speech, nothing.

you don't have the right to exploit the game and then expect to have the right to contest any type of banning. the game has a terms of service contract you agreed to as part of accessing this service. in that contract any abuse of an exploit can be terms for a suspension or a permanent ban of your account.

your political views mean absolutely nothing at the end of the day. an exploit was outed, many players could be a couple dozen or a couple hundred abused it for personal gain.

not only do political views mean nothing, i'm disturbed by the utter lack of common sense and morality displayed in this thread by the hipster pundits.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    too much tea-party marching going on in here

this game is private domain. you have no rights under the constitution at all. no free speech, nothing.

you don't have the right to exploit the game and then expect to have the right to contest any type of banning. the game has a terms of service contract you agreed to as part of accessing this service. in that contract any abuse of an exploit can be terms for a suspension or a permanent ban of your account.

your political views mean absolutely nothing at the end of the day. an exploit was outed, many players could be a couple dozen or a couple hundred abused it for personal gain.

not only do political views mean nothing, i'm disturbed by the utter lack of common sense and morality displayed in this thread by the hipster pundits.
    Actually, the ToS states "Please note that regardless of any notice, PWE reserves the right to discontinue the Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason." Draconian yes, but practically every ToS says that anyway.
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daays wrote: »
    This is a beta.

the absurdity of your comments is epic.......never have i seen such stupidity evoked en masse

Someone PLEASE STICKY this comment for posterity
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It won't be a public witch trial like the masses want, if folks are banned we won't hear about it, if items are taken away same deal.

we would know something cuz if they make it something u can get banned for etc they have to tell us
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mcleod71 wrote: »
    we would know something cuz if they make it something u can get banned for etc they have to tell us

no, they dont 'have' to tell you anything.

the game is private domain. you paid (or did not pay) for the privilege to play it. there are no rights granted and no rights that can be taken away.

you have zero - none - zip - zilch - rights under the law in regards to this game outside of any potential business>client laws. deciding something is an exploit after the fact i'm pretty sure does not fall under the ex post facto clause of the us constitution.

just an fyi.
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, seeing as how confirmed exploiters are still around it looks like Cryptic doesn't mind or care about what we do.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Because exploiters, if left unchecked, can cause future problems.

Key word there is "exploiters". If there's nothing to exploit, then there's no problems they can cause.

Sure they'll find more but I have faith that cryptic will eliminate the issues as they arise.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adabisi wrote: »
    the absurdity of your comments is epic.......never have i seen such stupidity evoked en masse

Someone PLEASE STICKY this comment for posterity

I'd rather have someone sticky your comment cuz his sarcasm flew so far over your head it's poetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Well, seeing as how confirmed exploiters are still around it looks like Cryptic doesn't mind or care about what we do.

it helps to tell cryptic what's going on so that they can find out what causes it, isolate it and then eliminate it.

Being a prick on the forums does no good at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    Key word there is "exploiters". If there's nothing to exploit, then there's no problems they can cause.

Sure they'll find more but I have faith that cryptic will eliminate the issues as they arise.

The thing is that exploiters will usually try to find more. Yes, Cryptic will eliminate issues as they arise, but that doesn't mean no damage is done. Just as Cryptic is eliminating the current issue, but the damage is already done.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    it helps to tell cryptic what's going on so that they can find out what causes it, isolate it and then eliminate it.

Pretty sure he is talking about someone who we can't name is shame. A halfling warrior. Lots of people asking why he can still post and play, but any time the name gets mentioned, the thread is locked.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Pretty sure he is talking about someone who we can't name is shame. A halfling warrior. Lots of people asking why he can still post and play, but any time the name gets mentioned, the thread is locked.

Cryptic already said they're looking through their options. Right now people are just being impatient. Like police dragnets, if Cryptic just jumps in without planning and analysing the situation, they'll just catch the footsoldiers.
  • Options
    groondothgroondoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mquE8FH.jpg

I can't post new threads so I'm a insert this here. Farming items and having a ton of them out on the market doesn't just hurt the end game, it hurts the whole game. Items like this couldn't have gotten into the hands of someone that would be able to use it if they didn't become so common, and it would be a hilarious but mostly harmless mistake. Now it's a devastating one. This game needs a lot of attention, and fast.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I am afraid this thread seems to have run it's course. This has evolved from a true concern to some pretty unconstrictive bickering which can't continue.

I assure you as a player myself I share the same concerns expressed within this thread. All of the player moderators have a vested interest in addressing all manners of exploitation and from my work with the CM's I promise you that they share the exact same concerns we have.

They have a team actively working to ensure that exploits are looked into and addressed to the best of their ability. Attempting to exploit the game in any way can lead to actions taken against the account, up to and including permanent account closure. You may never know about the bans or the actions taken but that doesn't mean bans aren't being handed out to those exploiting the system.

I hope this will put your minds at rest,
    -Ambisinisterr
This discussion has been closed.