test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm going to assume no one got banned and no items were rolled back/removed

vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is about the GF one shotting everything and farming high end instances. None of them got banned and they keep all items and allow it to circulate I assume?
Post edited by vestige321 on

Comments

• maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ofc not.

(we can still hope it will happen)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It won't be a public witch trial like the masses want, if folks are banned we won't hear about it, if items are taken away same deal.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    This is about the GF one shotting everything and farming high end instances. None of them got banned and they keep all items and allow it to circulate I assume?

Ofc not :)

What would you expect from worst reputation company on gamers market >_> ?
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It won't be a public witch trial like the masses want, if folks are banned we won't hear about it, if items are taken away same deal.
    Maybe not directly, but indirectly we would - I mean some people will probably whine about it on reddit or something.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • oldwaysreturnoldwaysreturn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25
    edited May 2013
    If you think they are banning people and you will not hear about it your are delusional. There is always, ALWAYS, someone who winds up making a new account asking on the forums why they had their account banned. It never fails.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I watched a video of a wizard that solo'ed a Dungeon designed for 12 people. And all he did was cast Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound and that was it! He didn't even have the required spell components.

Anyway, I think we should ban any and all players who are currently playing wizards or at least wipe the servers of all wizard characters and make them start over.

Oh and he ruined the economy too!
  • orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So OP ... which murderers got sentenced last week, how about how many police reports were filed in your area for assault ... how about larceny?

What you don't know? So those crappy policemen must be doing nothing but eating donuts rights?
  • oldwaysreturnoldwaysreturn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25
    edited May 2013
    pojzon wrote: »
    Ofc not :)

What would you expect from worst reputation company on gamers market >_> ?

That is actually EA. PWE is not far from them in the running though.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is actually EA. PWE is not far from them in the running though.

Wait till next year's contests........
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know what Assuming does, makes and *** out of you and you
  • wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Not going to happen.
    That's a fact!
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So OP ... which murderers got sentenced last week, how about how many police reports were filed in your area for assault ... how about larceny?

What you don't know? So those crappy policemen must be doing nothing but eating donuts rights?

heh, I like what your 'intent' was here - it's just that with those things you listed, the OP, 'could' actually find all that information out, as there would have to be a public record made by the activities those men in blue make.

That's not the case with a game company, if they did 'sentence' the offenders, they most likely wouldn't make known exactly 'who' the punished - though they may state that 'punishment' was handed out, so as to prevent future abuses. etc.

Anyway, like I said, I agree with what your intent was, but the game co. won't have to publish statistics, like the police dept. will.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Believe they're still "researching" the issue.
  • jenniskr2jenniskr2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Calm down people, i dont think they would make it public! They act proffesional and take actions where needed, last thing u want is players being faultly banned, and if you think going to trough game logs of thousands of players is something you do in a day or two.

Think again!
    7vlbg.png
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

We are still investigating this internally. I don't have an update yet, but like jenniskr2 said, it may take some time for the full investigation to complete. We need all the data before we can make a concrete determination regarding the optimal next steps. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we look into this!
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I watched a video of a wizard that solo'ed a Dungeon designed for 12 people. And all he did was cast Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound and that was it! He didn't even have the required spell components.

Anyway, I think we should ban any and all players who are currently playing wizards or at least wipe the servers of all wizard characters and make them start over.

Oh and he ruined the economy too!

Spoken like a true cheater. :confused:
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    djarkaan wrote: »

Wut?

/10char
    edited May 2013
    jenniskr2 wrote: »
    Calm down people, i dont think they would make it public!

They would not mention names, but they would make it public if they banned people just like every other MMO does.

As for:
    They act proffesional

the only possible reply to such hilariously misguided fanboyism is:
    Think again!
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We are still investigating this internally. I don't have an update yet, but like jenniskr2 said, it may take some time for the full investigation to complete. We need all the data before we can make a concrete determination regarding the optimal next steps. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we look into this!

Can you elaborate on what exactly the bold part means? That is a little more then vague.
    edited May 2013
    Can you elaborate on what exactly the bold part means? That is a little more then vague.

Easy enough, optimal for Cryptic short-term but not for the (non-exploiting) players.........
    edited May 2013
    djarkaan wrote: »

I am rubber.

You are glue.

Whatever you say bad to me.

Bounces off and sticks to you!
    edited May 2013
    I am rubber.

You are glue.

Whatever you say bad to me.

Bounces off and sticks to you!

Act your age not your shoe size.
    edited May 2013

optional
    Adjective
    Available to be chosen but not obligatory.
    Synonyms
    facultative - elective - permissive - voluntary
  • zenraijzenraij Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What do you think it means? I mean... optimal steps.... do they have to detail everything? Maybe you should go to the meetings as well? Maybe apply for a job? Send in your resume? Get you on the payroll?

"Investigating before we decide the best route/course/action to take"

Enough said imo.
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Easy enough, optimal for Cryptic short-term but not for the (non-exploiting) players.........

Sure if you think thats what it means :) (probably not though.)
    edited May 2013
    Act your age not your shoe size.

You're like school on Sunday....

......No Class! :cool:
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Thanks for the updates dezstravus. Are you able to give an ETA of when you will come to a decision?
    Also please take a look at the mmowned community. With the GF bug out of the way, they are hard at work finding more exploits. There are already Autohotkey anti AFK measures, as well as automatic crafting through the gateway.

Plus lots of people posted screen captures of them making money of the GF bug by selling off AD to farming/gold seller sites. Would be a good place to go if you need more research.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Oh we will, believe me, masses of "I'm innocent but they took my stuff" threads would pop instantly.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Thank you so much for the response Dezstravus. It's really nice to hear a response. I have faith that you guys will do what's best for the game, and I can't wait to jump back in once this is smoothed over!
  • thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    optional
    Adjective
    Available to be chosen but not obligatory.
    Synonyms
    facultative - elective - permissive - voluntary

the bolded word was optimal.. not optional ya illiterate troll.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the updates dezstravus. Are you able to give an ETA of when you will come to a decision?
    Also please take a look at the mmowned community. With the GF bug out of the way, they are hard at work finding more exploits. There are already Autohotkey anti AFK measures, as well as automatic crafting through the gateway.

Plus lots of people posted screen captures of them making money of the GF bug by selling off AD to farming/gold seller sites. Would be a good place to go if you need more research.

Agreed. Stop any and all development and put all your resources into policing the world!
This discussion has been closed.