test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm going to assume no one got banned and no items were rolled back/removed

Comments

• Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    By making the gear that would take days-weeks to get a T2 instance on farm status to complete full sets commonplace. It's the same reason T2 gear should be BoP. The exploit just compounded the issue of the best gear being available for purchase with money/AD.

Don't mean to sound hostile but this is a common stance among MMO players who raid and do end content so it's frustrating when it's disregarded.

well it won't be commonplace. Another common stance among MMO player is that they over react about EVERYTHING.

The gear will disappear from the AH before long and like i said, you're not gonna question every single person you group up with as to how they got their gear.

Just worry about your own self. EARN the gear. Be proud of YOURSELF.

The exploit is over, it's effects will wash away.

Just play the game.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xraxisxraxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By making the gear that would take days-weeks to get a T2 instance on farm status to complete full sets commonplace. It's the same reason T2 gear should be BoP. The exploit just compounded the issue of the best gear being available for purchase with money/AD.

Don't mean to sound hostile but this is a common stance among MMO players who raid and do end content so it's frustrating when it's disregarded.

Okay... So it doesn't effect you at all then?
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    well it won't be commonplace. Another common stance among MMO player is that they over react about EVERYTHING.

The gear will disappear from the AH before long and like i said, you're not gonna question every single person you group up with as to how they got their gear.

Just worry about your own self. EARN the gear. Be proud of YOURSELF.

The exploit is over, it's effects will wash away.

Just play the game.
    ALOT of gear made it on to the AH, and alot of people bought that gear, which will enable them to farm the high end dungeons much easier and faster, thus increasing the natural rate that this gear would've been introduced into the game.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    ALOT of gear made it on to the AH, and alot of people bought that gear, which will enable them to farm the high end dungeons much easier and faster, thus increasing the natural rate that this gear would've been introduced into the game.

It's ok apparently all of their questions are rhetorical and when we answer them they just go back to parroting the same idiotic mantra that it doesn't affect us even though we explained why it does. I say it affects them too and they're wrong about it not affecting them guess I just have to be more dickish to win internet points.

I'm an expert on internet games and this is clearly affecting your play, why am I right? Because.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

so again i say........don't buy it. EARN IT. What other people do doesn't have to be what YOU do. Much more fun to earn it.

Besides, if it's introduced into the game faster than normal...........who cares? The exploit is patched. The cheap stuff will be bought out and prices will stabilize as more and more players reach endgame and acquire it's gear legitimately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's ok apparently all of their questions are rhetorical and when we answer them they just go back to parroting the same idiotic mantra that it doesn't affect us even though we explained why it does. I say it affects them too and they're wrong about it not affecting them guess I just have to be more dickish to win internet points.

I'm an expert on internet games and this is clearly affecting your play, why am I right? Because.

well your name is Cocksworth.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And who gets to decide what this "natural rate" is? <Removed>
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When they need a cash grab, things will change.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yeah, I'm pretty much done at this point. If Cryptic does a great job at clean up, and if they make top tier gear BoP, I'll come back. I love the gameplay and the Foundry, but I can't support a broken game with my time, and especially my money. When people support things like this, it's how it becomes commonplace.
  • Options
    vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are people actually trying to justify exploiting?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vlayde9 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say they're justifying, but certainly downplaying it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

No, no, no... you see YOU don't have to exploit so that means the exploits don't matter. I mean why would exploits matter if YOU don't use them it's not like this is a game where a massive amount of people all play together in some kind of online environment.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, the conversation shifted from exploitation to BoE T2 gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The exploit is fixed. The economy will stabilize itself as the cheap gear is bought out and more and more people reach endgame.

I'm choosing right NOW to ignore those cheap prices and instead EARN my gear. If someone else buys it............NEAT. If it stays cheap on the AH by the time everyone else hits endgame..................NEAT.

I.....DON'T......CARE.....BECAUSE.....I'LL......EARN......MY......GEAR.....SO.....THIS.....DOESN'T.....AFFECT.....ME.

I don't understand why you're struggling to grasp this fact.

You only think it affects you.

It actually doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Maybe not directly, but indirectly we would - I mean some people will probably whine about it on reddit or something.

On reddit? Seriously? When it happens they will be here claiming to be innocent and falsely banned. Just like what happens in every other game.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, no, no... you see YOU don't have to exploit so that means the exploits don't matter. I mean why would exploits matter if YOU don't use them it's not like this is a game where a massive amount of people all play together in some kind of online environment.
    Exploits matter because they aren't natural. In this case, natural meaning what the developer intended. People who sell/buy things on AH are affected by the exploits.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

not at all.

Just saying that now the exploit is fixed, it's very easy to continue playing and ignore the immediate effects of the exploit (cheap gear on the AH) while we wait for the long term effects of that exploits removal (the economy stabilizes, the cheap gear disappears, everyone else hits endgame and this kids can all shut their yaps).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xraxisxraxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Nobody is trying to justify it. It's just has no effect on anyone as long as they don't buy the gear from the exploiters. It's really easy to get gear in the first place, the only thing I use AD for is converting to Zen. I mean if you get your pvp gear in a few hours your already able to do T2 content.

@Cocksworth

You state how it has a supposed effect on the economy and on other people. But you still aren't answering how it effects you personally.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If you mean the people arguing that the problems the exploit caused will fix themselves now cheap gear can't be farmed so easily, no. And in a few weeks time once the cheap goods have been brought up or removed from the market then the top tier gear will be appropriately expensive.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The exploit is fixed. The economy will stabilize itself as the cheap gear is bought out and more and more people reach endgame.

I'm choosing right NOW to ignore those cheap prices and instead EARN my gear. If someone else buys it............NEAT. If it stays cheap on the AH by the time everyone else hits endgame..................NEAT.

I.....DON'T......CARE.....BECAUSE.....I'LL......EARN......MY......GEAR.....SO.....THIS.....DOESN'T.....AFFECT.....ME.

I don't understand why you're struggling to grasp this fact.

You only think it affects you.

It actually doesn't.

You choosing to earn your gear doesn't matter because other people bought exploited versions of it on the AH.

You only think it doesn't affect you.

It actually does.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't say they're justifying, but certainly downplaying it.

with good reason.

An exploit is found.

Players whine about what it does to the economy.

The exploit is fixed.

Players continue to whine......because gamers are a$$holes. Fact.

The economy naturally stabilizes.

The exploit is forgotten.

Players whine about something else.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You choosing to earn your gear doesn't matter because other people bought exploited versions of it on the AH.

You only think it doesn't affect you.

It actually does.

aaaaaaaaaaaand people who bought exploited versions of it on the AH doesn't matter to me beeeeeeeeecause I earned it.

So no, it doesn't affect me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aaaaaaaaaaaand people who bought exploited versions of it on the AH doesn't matter to me beeeeeeeeecause I earned it.

So no, it doesn't affect me.

But seriously if I inspect you in game and see T2 gear I'll just assume you bought it with AD. You can't prove otherwise since the content is irrelevant to the acquisition of said goods. Good day sir
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But seriously if I inspect you in game and see T2 gear I'll just assume you bought it with AD. You can't prove otherwise since the content is irrelevant to the acquisition of said goods. Good day sir

i'm only level 28. And why would I need to prove to anyone how I got my gear as long as I myself am pleased with how I got it?

And any gear you see on me when I hit 60 will be PvP stuff to start with since i've been playing alot of that as I level........(not going AFK, mind you)

but I mean.......assume all you like.

It doesn't affect me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i'm only level 28. And why would I need to prove to anyone how I got my gear as long as I myself am pleased with how I got it?

And any gear you see on me when I hit 60 will be PvP stuff to start with since i've been playing alot of that as I level........(not going AFK, mind you)

but I mean.......assume all you like.

It doesn't affect me. :)

I said good day.
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In days of old in eq2 there was a bug where you could place an item up for auction and do some trick and receive a 2nd equal item. They worked for weeks to remove the ill gotten booty and anyone with the items was banned and those not responsible also lost the items they had purchased......

I remember reading an article where the guy walked away from doing that wilth 1000's of dollars in his pocket.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I said good day.

I know you did. Yet you keep coming back.....

You're probably mad about how wide open you left yourself with that last comment....

So instead ill end it by simply saying I hope you don't continue to let your game experience be affected by the minor actions of others (cuz this exploit WILL be forgotten. They always are).

Good day.....cocksworth.

Oh I shouldn't poke fun. My last name is Cox but man did the shoe fit here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    same thing happened in guild wars 2.

people bought what were supposed to be expensive karma weapons and armor and flooded the market with them.

They patched it, not very many people were banned, the economy stabilized itself.

You people fail to realize that if they can't exploit anymore, then the effect of that exploit on the economy will DISAPPEAR OVER TIME.

Use ur friggin heads.

Sheesh.

who cares if the economy stabilizes itself or not, we're discussing about banning the exploiters it's two different subjects.
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    who cares if the economy stabilizes itself or not, we're discussing about banning the exploiters it's two different subjects.

I agree with you.

But I also wasn't talking to you.

And as far as banning them goes, why campaign so hard for something that ultimately doesn't matter anymore?

You said it yourself, you're indifferent at this point to what happens to the economy. It's gonna fix itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you.

But I also wasn't talking to you.

And as far as banning them goes, why campaign so hard for something that ultimately doesn't matter anymore?

You said it yourself, you're indifferent at this point to what happens to the economy. It's gonna fix itself.

Because exploiters, if left unchecked, can cause future problems.
This discussion has been closed.