test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

pvp afkers still

snapybsnapyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
well pwe/cryptic u clearly failed in the pvp section of this patch for ppl r still afking so well done on nothing i just wonder to myself is it really that difficult to base exp /glory off performance ? or are you guys really that slow?

well sigh will wait another week or so for another attempt at a patch then decide weather to continue or not
Post edited by snapyb on

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do you know they are afkers
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Personally I do not think anyone should be allowed to enter PVP without a PWE Representative going to their house and verifying that they are indeed at the computer actively playing.

It is Epic Fail they have not already implemented this!!!
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "We plan to address this issue on an ongoing basis. This is the first step towards doing everything we can to ensure that the PVP system is fair and balanced in regards to rewards and participation."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    "We plan to address this issue on an ongoing basis. This is the first step towards doing everything we can to ensure that the PVP system is fair and balanced in regards to rewards and participation."

Oh good! Than they will send representatives to everyone's home to ensure full participation. It's about time!!! Gawd, Everything sucks!
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Oh good! Than they will send representatives to everyone's home to ensure full participation. It's about time!!! Gawd, Everything sucks!

That's life for you
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    how do you know they are afkers

By standing next to them in their spawn, and only one of them actually bothers to attack you at all even if you hit them.

Just had team that had 2 players waking up after I entered their spawn, and remaining 3 didn't even move. No kick for any one of them.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't mean anything. If they do a keystroke then they are not afkers. They were just ignoring you.
  • Options
    radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do people stay AFK? I leave my computer (kids, dog wife etc..) and if I am more then 10 minutes I get a message stating I will be automatically kicked or something like that if I do not resume playing after 15 minutes of idle time?

Now, I do not PVP: so is the rules for afking in a PVP instance different?
  • Options
    shanxtadeushanxtadeu Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    There's a big difference between being afk and do not react because your team is weak compared to the other one/your team have less players etc. What i saw in the matches is a bunch disrespectful kids who invades the other team base just to kick arses of the guys who didn't disconnect while they respawn. Do they think this is funny, even knowing they receive 2 million AD from their packs and p2w?
  • Options
    snapybsnapyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    yup had 1 guy jump down rest stayed dead after respawning not sure wat else they did havent had any on my team personaly but have seen couple so far
  • Options
    dicemakerdicemaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Macro's, mouse macro's. they do wonders. good thing I don't PvP.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i sincerely doubt they did much of anything to alleviate the AFK issue since the patch notes about it couldn't be more friggin vague if they tried.

I'm probably just gonna log in one match, go AFK MYSELF and see what happens.

Only time i'm gonna do it tho, I promise ;)
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They aren't afk, they are just choosing not to participate. There is a big difference. Not saying it's right, but there is a difference.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AutoIT

/thread
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Doesn't mean anything. If they do a keystroke then they are not afkers. They were just ignoring you.

So being AFK when considering the game. Maybe they are watching <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but not playing is still AFK when considering the game. Pretty much the same as refusing to fight the end boss in dungeons. Got to try that some time... :P

Flawed system, when people who do not want to play PvP are still participating it, and ruining several games for others who actually want to play. Strip all rewards from those a-holes, they really should play something not involving other people, if they care nothing how many games they are going to ruin.

And shanxtadeu: if there are 5 people standing around campfire against my random team of five, how exactly are they weaker? They lack capability to move their mouse and press keys maybe? It is far more disrespectful to join a game and not play it after joining. Jumping in the boxing ring and then complaining that someone hits you there when you stand still when the round starts is just plain sad. Although why I even bother with this, crying p2w tells me who is the kid here.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    i sincerely doubt they did much of anything to alleviate the AFK issue since the patch notes about it couldn't be more friggin vague if they tried.

I'm probably just gonna log in one match, go AFK MYSELF and see what happens.

Only time i'm gonna do it tho, I promise ;)

^This. If you stand idle for 10min you get a warning then shortly after booted for inactivity. This however won't stop someone from sitting in the Respawn area and just watching a show on their TV. You need a timer to leave the respawn, like 30sec or less. This way you got plenty of time to invoke and gtfo. The only room that will leave is for Botters which PWE can track those easily enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol yep afk continues. big fail again :)
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    im not afk, im right at my keyboard eating a meal, or browsing forums...i do my pvp daily when i need a break, but still want xp and astral diamonds.

does it suck? yes...pvp in this game is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. why can't we make foundry pvp maps? lets start with the afk stuff, then move to class balances, then content...
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've said this before. Base whether or not someone is AFK not on if they moved or did a key press. But rather whether or not they did damage or healed a someone (depending on class) within say 1 minute. if not, kick them from the match, if they continue to do so, account ban. If you can't get in range of an enemy and make at least one attack in a minute, you have no reason to be in a pvp match anyway, even if you are losing.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i think they just need to double the rewards for the winning team, and give nothing to the losing side. simple fix, then its not worth it to afk pvp.
  • Options
    ragincageinragincagein Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i ran into this group last night. looks like a guy made 5 accounts, partied together, and just idled for glory. that was to try and show them still sitting there in their spawn. no idea how those 2 deaths happened either.

MX8ehFy.png
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think they just need to double the rewards for the winning team, and give nothing to the losing side. simple fix, then its not worth it to afk pvp.

That wouldn't be fair to casual noobs who have put down their crappy smartphone games and tablet games to try and play an mmo.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    ufgtufgt Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    I've said this before. Base whether or not someone is AFK not on if they moved or did a key press. But rather whether or not they did damage or healed a someone (depending on class) within say 1 minute. if not, kick them from the match, if they continue to do so, account ban. If you can't get in range of an enemy and make at least one attack in a minute, you have no reason to be in a pvp match anyway, even if you are losing.
    Dumbest thing I have heard all day.
  • Options
    aakekpwaakekpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make Glory gear bind on pickup and base XP off scores. This would help greatly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »

Seriously, win condition has nothing to do with dealing damage currently, so you can not use that method at autokicking. Several much more sensible ways to fix the problem.
  • Options
    mythauramythaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why can't we make foundry pvp maps?
    Quoted for awesome. I love this idea.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    Seriously, win condition has nothing to do with dealing damage currently, so you can not use that method at autokicking. Several much more sensible ways to fix the problem.

What does winning have to do with anything? My suggestion only asks that they be an active participant and hitting their opponents or healing their teammates. They don't need to be on the winning team as long as they are playing, I'm only a casual PVPer, usually only for the dailies but I still participate, usually much to the chagrin of my teamates.

Those that thought this was a bad idea... must be AFKers
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i ran into this group last night. looks like a guy made 5 accounts, partied together, and just idled for glory. that was to try and show them still sitting there in their spawn. no idea how those 2 deaths happened either.

MX8ehFy.png

Why are you complaining? You got a free win in 6 minutes. I wish that would happen to me!
  • Options
    ragincageinragincagein Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Why are you complaining? You got a free win in 6 minutes. I wish that would happen to me!

i play pvp for a challenge, not to watch people just sit in spawn
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Equally simple fix. Remove all rewards from pvp.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev