Options

pvp afkers still

13»

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution:

Run to point 1 --> Get 300 point for capture --> AFK rest of the match. --> Hit space bar occasionally --> Full reward
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hate that:(.
  • Options
    onodrakonodrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    WoW has been around for 8 years and still has AFKers in PVP.

This is simple case of social behavior. If you provide rewards, and the rewards are desired and rare, people will find the most time and effort efficient ways to get the rewards.

1) Remove loss rewards
    2) ???
    3) Proffit
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Solution:

Run to point 1 --> Get 300 point for capture --> AFK rest of the match. --> Hit space bar occasionally --> Full reward

Its clear from your posting that you are not concerned about the reputation heros of the north have in this game!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »
    Its clear from your posting that you are not concerned about the reputation heros of the north have in this game!

That's not it at all. I don't afk. I was just simply pointing out that it's not an easy solution as just seeing if someone moved or scored points.
  • Options
    ashandra129ashandra129 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Solution:

This is exactly what a lot of players still do - or some kind of variation of this.
    1. They jump around the campfire.
    2. They go to a point and stand there.
    3. They see they have lead and can't be kicked, therefore they afk while periodically moving their toon as to not get auto-kicked from the game.
    4. (Insert other ridiculous lazy tactic here.)
    Etc.

I've even seen an entire group just afk around their campfire, sometimes all in the same guild.
    I've been told by an opposing team before "free glory so y u complaining?" Seriously? If I wanted to do something as inane as stand around waiting for free points, I would not play this game. I want to kill, collaborate and compete with people.

Is it really so hard to do something the right way and not always need a "cheat", a shortcut? Play the game, EARN things, get better, enjoy. Everything but look for another stupid way to get something without any effort.

This needs to be fixed, asap. Pvp is fun, but not with these losers ruining it.
  • Options
    distastedistaste Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is exactly what a lot of players still do - or some kind of variation of this.
    1. They jump around the campfire.
    2. They go to a point and stand there.
    3. They see they have lead and can't be kicked, therefore they afk while periodically moving their toon as to not get auto-kicked from the game.
    4. (Insert other ridiculous lazy tactic here.)
    Etc.

I've even seen an entire group just afk around their campfire, sometimes all in the same guild.
    I've been told by an opposing team before "free glory so y u complaining?" Seriously? If I wanted to do something as inane as stand around waiting for free points, I would not play this game. I want to kill, collaborate and compete with people.

Is it really so hard to do something the right way and not always need a "cheat", a shortcut? Play the game, EARN things, get better, enjoy. Everything but look for another stupid way to get something without any effort.

This needs to be fixed, asap. Pvp is fun, but not with these losers ruining it.

There is no simple solution to this problem because people are afking for a lot of different reasons and each reason requires a different solution. First off you have AFKers that just want the glory to resell the items for AD, so make everything BoP right? But now people can't just buy zen and transfer that to AD to buy it and that makes PWI upset since they want money. Second we have those that know their team won't win and no point running to the slaughter for 10 more minutes when it could be over in 5. This could be solved by a matchmaking system that is based on gear score, of course once in match you can't change gear. The problem with that solution though is wait times. Assuming that it's a simple Pre-made vs Pre-made, Pug vs PuG, 5k gearscore vs 5k, 8k vs 8k, ELO, etc; the further you match-make the longer the wait times become, whats acceptable? 15mins? 30mins? 1 hour? The more "elite" your team or character is the harder it is to find a match and you're effectively "punished" for being "good". I'm sure all the pre-mades whining about their enemies not running out to get slaughtered would be whining even louder when it takes them an hour just to get a game and they even miss the PvP hour.

The kneejerk reaction is to just remove glory for a loss, but that is probably the stupidest solution of the bunch. Oh you'll stop the afkers doing it resell for AD, however the collateral damage to regular players will be severe. Who is going to want to play PvP when you get matched against a top gear team and have no chance of winning? Then just to top that off you don't even get progress towards gear that could even the odds. No one will want to PvP when you have a 90% chance of loss and for hours of work you get absolutely nothing. So if you want PvP to basically die, by all means remove glory from a loss.

So the solutions that I see are:
    1. Make items BoP but that goes against the philosophy of the game(PWI wants money)
    2. Matchmaking but now with much longer wait times.
    3. Remove Loss glory and kill PvP(much longer wait times)
    4. Votekick system, can still be abused by 3-4 man groups
    5. Report system, afkers for AD will still do it on different accounts

Every solution has a downside and no one solution solves everything, so it's not a simple matter.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What they need is a rating system, similar to what DoTA uses.

The system would add to your rating with each win, and subtract from your rating with each loss. The system would also factor in your personal score at the end of matches, with very low scores subtracting from your rating. When queued for PvP, the game will attempt to match players with similar ratings.

It stands to reason that, the more you AFK in PvP, the more you will lose, and the lower your individual score will be at the end of the game (since most AFKers end with a score of zero.) This will mean that AFKers will eventually dig a hole so deep that they separate themselves from the rest of the active PvP community.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play pvp because its fun. Not for the rewards and whatnot. Its nice getting some sort of reward even if you do lose. But the fact remains that the afkers ruin it for everyone. And there is nothing that we can do about it. Kicking them doesnt solve anything because they wont be replaced by people that actually play.
  • Options
    frenchquefrenchque Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    how do you know they are afkers

I was trying to regain some hp at an alter i dropped at a flag and got kicked from the group because someone thought i was afk
  • Options
    frenchquefrenchque Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    True. I was trying to regain some hp at an alter I dropped at one of the flags and a teammate came up and just stood there for a sec or two and the next thing I kow, I'd been kicked from the group and back in PE. Then, for the rest of the day, I could not join any PVP group...wouldn't transport me to the arena.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    radiick507 wrote: »
    How do people stay AFK? I leave my computer (kids, dog wife etc..) and if I am more then 10 minutes I get a message stating I will be automatically kicked or something like that if I do not resume playing after 15 minutes of idle time?

Now, I do not PVP: so is the rules for afking in a PVP instance different?

yes, have to tap a button each min. or maybe autorun against a wall is all ;p
  • Options
    paarethpaareth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Solutions have been well thought out.

Contribution based rewards. (This includes damage taken)
    Not moving from spawn after 2 mins = kick.
    Not doing any damage or healing after 3 mins = kick
    Repeated AFK'ing 3 in a row = a small ban from pvp for 30 mins or an hour.

Nice and simple. - This will gradually reduce afkers.

More advanced solutions:
    Open a spot for a new player for an ongoing game if one leaves.

In the mean time anyone who drags your team down, message them politely, if they hurl abuse then put on ignore for later. Its true anything can be got around by a dedicated person, but you'll cut out most of the problem.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    that won`t help a thing, but nice try ;p