test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is the post about the person who exploited?

ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I cannot find it on the forums and it says no results when I search for it.
Post edited by ceonnyn on

Comments

• Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    I cannot find it on the forums and it says no results when I search for it.

Probably closed and removed. Why do you need it so badly?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Probably closed and removed. Why do you need it so badly?

Thinking about doing a chargeback and wanted the documentation. Undecided right now though, depends on if they actually ban the exploiters or cover it up. And of course a character wipe since the economy is trashed.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't POST about it. Simpy file a GM report in game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forums. Any threads with screenshots or naming people who are "ninja looting" or "exploiting" gets locked and/or deleted.

If a user has proof someone is exploiting, they should write a ticket to Support and let PWE handle with those people.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thinking about doing a chargeback and wanted the documentation. Undecided right now though, depends on if they actually ban the exploiters or cover it up. And of course a character wipe since the economy is trashed.

Games will never give you a list of banned people. That would open them up to legal liability and being sued so will never see list of who was banned nor will the game ever tell you they banned people.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forums. Any threads with screenshots or naming people who are "ninja looting" or "exploiting" gets locked and/or deleted.

If a user has proof someone is exploiting, they should write a ticket to Support and let PWE handle with those people.

In defense of the person who wrote it yesterday, if he had not posted stuff yesterday I doubt this would be a high priority for PWE.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013

they don't need a wipe. as stated by the admin. they are going through logs and deciding on the best way to handle it on a per account basis.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    In defense of the person who wrote it yesterday, if he had not posted stuff yesterday I doubt this would be a high priority for PWE.

Wrong. But very self righteous.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Games will never give you a list of banned people. That would open them up to legal liability and being sued so will never see list of who was banned nor will the game ever tell you they banned people.

Did I say I wanted a list of people banned?

No.

However, if they say "We banned 300 accounts for exploiting in this manner" well, that would be good news.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Also be aware that doing a chargeback on a game account can result in wire fraud charges being filed against you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

No.

However, if they say "We banned 300 accounts for exploiting in this manner" well, that would be good news.

They will never even tell you that. It would be satisfying to see but I have never ever seen a game do even that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also be aware that doing a chargeback on a game account can result in wire fraud charges being filed against you.

I said I was UNDECIDED.

And I needed documentation.

I have done nothing. Shoot guys, I didn't exploit, all I wanted were the posts from yesterday which are seemingly now unavailable.
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    They will never even tell you that. It would be satisfying to see but I have never ever seen a game do even that.

Then you're not looking very hard.

Blizzard, NCSoft and a whole mess of MMO devs have all publicly discussed mass bannings.

EDIT: 30 seconds on google:

http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/node/1440

60k WoW account ban announced BY Blizzard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    they don't need a wipe. as stated by the admin. they are going through logs and deciding on the best way to handle it on a per account basis.

Ha ha ha - good joke.

Wait, you are serious?
  • Options
    dazlindazlin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then you're not looking very hard.

Blizzard, NCSoft and a whole mess of MMO devs have all publicly discussed mass bannings.

EDIT: 30 seconds on google:

http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/node/1440

60k WoW account ban announced BY Blizzard.

Not to mention PunkBuster who lists not only names, but account identifiers and reasons.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »

That doesn't mean that they don't need a wipe, they're considering their options that's all.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes. options. doesn't mean they need one. just means it would be an easy fix.

• Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    They won't wipe.

It'd <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off WAY too many people who put money into the game.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

No.

Sadly won't happen. Noone will get banned. The Exploits people are currently still running will take another week to be fixed. The economy will be far out.

I doubt they have the balls to reroll as well. This game is done in it's current state.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If all you cared about was the in game economy the game was doomed for you before it started. If you cared about shooting your magic missles into a monsters face, or bashing them over the head with your shield then the game is trucking right along.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can only punish you if they can catch you. For things like the foundry missions that’s a no-brainer. It’s like an event log sitting right there. The staff cannot help but see who did it. But for other infractions it comes down to what they are logging.

Given the trend of “that’s not my job” going on at Cryptic and PWE I wouldn’t count on disciplinary action unless there happens to be a dev standing there at the time AND the exploit happens to tick him or her off. But just look at the current state of monitoring, players do all the chat banning. People just sat around AFK in pvp until literally hundreds of pages went up about it. Even the GF bug lasted until people started putting up screenshots and videos of it in action.

So we know that shining a brilliant youtube light on an exploit gets some attention, forum posts less so and in game tickets go into the “entirely debatable but somewhat dubious” category. Those are just things they are made to do, forced to address to avoid looking like a bevy of clowns all trying to claim shotgun at the same time. Actually keeping track of anything other than the flow of Zen and AD? I would be very surprised.

So it might be useful for you malcontents to take note of just what people get the bans for and what they don’t. Because that’s a good indicator of what is being watched and what is just not important. However, to the dev’s advantage, who can perpetrate such an exploit and not boast about it? If no one made in issue out of one-shotting huge mobs it would still be happening. Vanity ripens into hubris. And hubris is just the sort of low fence the staff cannot help but trip over.

But unless the exploit actively puts the player’s names up on the screen in 24 point bold white on black text to exclaim to the entire world “I did this WHOOOOO it was me YEAH!” Don’t count on staff action. They will close down the exploits and what more do you want and move along citizen.

Move along.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They won't wipe.

It'd <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off WAY too many people who put money into the game.

If they do a full wipe, then ill leave.
    SImple because i payed for more storage and others.

And if that would go away, i would go back to DDO or simmilar.
    SO i dont think they do wipe ( hope ), but lets see -> its a greeady f2p world outthere.
    SO wipe might be planned just to get those extra bucks from another foolish soul.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They won't wipe.

I have invested money in the game and do not care to make a rollback. It would be the most fair, took just 15 days of play, we will not lose much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Which would never happen. After all that would be admitting there's a problem to begin with. "officially". ;)
    Posts like that raise the eyebrows of newcomers, and they surely wouldn't want that.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brakkish1 wrote: »
    Which would never happen. After all that would be admitting there's a problem to begin with. "officially". ;)
    Posts like that raise the eyebrows of newcomers, and they surely wouldn't want that.

Blizzard & other companies have made such announcements. Reporting that you had a problem & have taken steps to correct it does more for customer morale than sweeping both problem & correction under the rug & pretending it never happened.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    My only gripe is I haven't exploited anything considering they will never ban the exploiters. :(
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so the game is ruined, even when they fix the exploits?
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    loliamos wrote: »
    I have invested money in the game and do not care to make a rollback. It would be the most fair, took just 15 days of play, we will not lose much.

Yeah, especially since they will refund us everything anyway.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013

They'll ban your account if you do; from all PWE games.