test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is the post about the person who exploited?

2»

Comments

• Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Thinking about doing a chargeback and wanted the documentation. Undecided right now though, depends on if they actually ban the exploiters or cover it up. And of course a character wipe since the economy is trashed.

Please record that phone with your CC company if you attempt to do a chargeback. I'm sure it will be an instant classic.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's been swept under the rug. Once the one shot wonders that you are so ENVYous of are removed, it will be like it never happened.
  • Options
    bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, they can and would credit your account with all the purchase already made. You keep your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you bought and they keep your moneys.

As for pissing off player base, that never stopped any publisher.

In the normal course of open betas, there would be a wipe. But then again, this isn't open beta. There isn't going to be an official release in the traditional sense. Just a press release, and some banners on websites.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    They'll ban your account if you do; from all PWE games.

LOL. This is the last PWE game I'll never pay for.
  • Options
    odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    They'll ban your account if you do; from all PWE games.

well creating a new account isnt that hard anyways xD
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by brakkish1
    Which would never happen. After all that would be admitting there's a problem to begin with. "officially".
    Posts like that raise the eyebrows of newcomers, and they surely wouldn't want that.
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Blizzard & other companies have made such announcements. Reporting that you had a problem & have taken steps to correct it does more for customer morale than sweeping both problem & correction under the rug & pretending it never happened.

I won't argue that. One thing I should have mentioned in my original post; timing. It's not uncommon to see announcements made after the game has long since had the shiny and new wear off. Then, posting such announcements serve to keep the existing player base satisfied, and does little to harm potential newer players since the game is older and doesn't see traffic from near as many newer players.

If we do see any such posts here any time soon, it will not be a complete list I assure you. Only enough to give the appearance of things being fixed, but not a full on disclosure of all the game breakers that have already been found. Doing so at this early stage would be certain death for any company.