test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Failure is imminent

Comments

• Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So it's a strong way of telling me that you're optimistic but have absolutely no basis for your optimism?

Right...

Well, his base would be what the devs said in the thread talking about today patch. At least he has some basis..

here is the post:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?243972-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-23&p=3194061&viewfull=1#post3194061
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    wow.freetards. I like it. can I use it?

I honestly wouldn't mods tend to cleanse with fire post like that.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Why is it that every MMO is about to fail?

Every. Single. MMO. Ever.

It doesn't matter if the MMO is successful or not there is always at least one person who feels the need to post this.

Great, you think the game will fail. That's nice. It may or it may not. What does it matter to you? If you don't like it then stop playing. If you like it then keep playing. If you love it then get your friends to play with you.

Or, I suppose, you can go to the forums and complain up a storm if that makes you happy. I'm good with that. I often enjoy posting on forums more than the games the forums belong to.
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Well, his base would be what the devs said in the thread talking about today patch. At least he has some basis..

here is the post:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?243972-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-23&p=3194061&viewfull=1#post3194061

That's a start. I just hope they follow through.

PWE needs a few bodies swaying in the wind to discourage future exploiting.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly wouldn't mods tend to cleanse with fire post like that.

Ehr I was trying to be sarcastic but evidently it didn't come out very well....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's a start. I just hope they follow through.

Yeah and without the need for a full wipe!
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow.freetards. I like it. can I use it?

I can't believe people have already forgotten the original slang used for non-paying players of F2P games.. (froob)
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    As for the "isn't it pay to win?" comments, well those would have existed even if this game was bug-free. The argument is subjective, but you're always going to find someone who says it's pay to win when you give an advantage (no matter how small) for cash.

Isn’t this a bit like saying math is subjective? While that is true in that humans lack the cognitive abilities to pursue mathematics to an infinite degree of precision, two plus two still comes out to four in a less than subjective manner.

So too can one not trace a rather direct line from zen to ad to epic gear, fastest mounts, highest gear score? Does gearscore not play a part in getting into elite raiding groups (when they arise), end game? Do epics not offer some advantage in PVP or even PVE?

Can these things be gained without the aforementioned line of moneyed descent? Yes, but that person will always be behind the curve and as new things come out they will fall even farther behind to wealthy players. I am not making a judgment as to whether it is a good thing or a bad thing but lets not pretend that it doesn’t exist. Let’s not imagine that the line of succession does not include a very real currency.

I can’t think it will be a good thing for that sort of word to get around but maybe that’s the point. It says free to play but perhaps that is not the sort of neighborhood PWE is looking for. Perhaps they are looking for something more affluent and the idea that Neverwinter is a paying man’s game is exactly the image sought here.

So the free game may fail, but the long game… maybe not.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this a weak way of trying to imply that they're going to be banned at some point in the future?

Is that before or after they sell this stuff and the damage to the economy is already done?

I'd just like a post from the devs saying "We've banned a bunch of people for exploiting this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>."

Yeah, good luck with that. Bans aren't supposed to be discussed on the forums, right? But you expect the devs to violate their own rules for your benefit? Get real, mate, you're living in delusionville.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why anyone would spend so much energy on moaning about a game they are sure is a failure, is beyond me. Doesn't seem healthy to me. The sane, mature reaction would be to go and play something that they enjoy more.

On a side note, I chuckled when I saw "getting 50 epics an hour" and "monopoly" in the same bit of confused blathering. Increasing the supply and flooding the market sure sounds like a good strategy. :p These complaints are all about wanting a bigger slice of the cake, nothing else. The exploiters ruined certain people's wet dream of making millions by farming 14 hours a day during summer break. Well, that didn't quite work out.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    Without any response or acknowledgment from the devs that RAMPANT problems are existing, the world and the economy is soon going down to anarchy. We have firstly, afk pvpers bots. We have GF exploits in dungeons. We have them getting 50 purples in 1 hour. We have broken prices in auction house due to these monopolies.

Bad taste is starting to spread word of mouth to potential customers. For example, yesterday when i asked a couple friends if they heard anything about neverwinter, the comments are "isnt it pay 2 win?" "I heard its heavily exploited game". The first step is to acknowledge these are major issues and not declare "open beta is a success". The second step is to fix it. Without these, failure of the game is imminent. Just like all other 10 of PW games are kinda fail.
    We also have random clueless people never reading patch notes and spamming useless threads.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Why anyone would spend so much energy on moaning about a game they are sure is a failure, is beyond me. Doesn't seem healthy to me. The sane, mature reaction would be to go and play something that they enjoy more.

On a side note, I chuckled when I saw "getting 50 epics an hour" and "monopoly" in the same bit of confused blathering. Increasing the supply and flooding the market sure sounds like a good strategy. :p These complaints are all about wanting a bigger slice of the cake, nothing else. The exploiters ruined certain people's wet dream of making millions by farming 14 hours a day during summer break. Well, that didn't quite work out.

I'd post it here if I could remember where I saw it, but in one of the "If you don't wipe the servers you fail" threads, someone has already pointed out that they're mad that they can't loot ninja loot profitably.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    I can't believe people have already forgotten the original slang used for non-paying players of F2P games.. (froob)

Of course we haven't, mine was a pathetic attempt at sarcasm
  • Options
    mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Economies are living, breathing things. I don't think many people actually understand the weight even an economy can have on a game, virtual or not. Such issues become more prominent in games such as Neverwinter where it is possible to trade real money for items as well as currency used for similar purposes.

You cannot just let exploits and bugs slide so easily when it comes to online economies as many things not fixed now may become extremely problematic further down the line. These problems are what cause the over-inflation and de-valuation of products and services.

I'm not saying we need rollbacks or not but that largely depends on Cryptic's stance on the matter and what they do from here on out. My point is directed at anyone who thinks virtual economies are nothing. Time is money.
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like Deekin is trolling in General Discussion, "Dooooooooooom!" LOL

OP makes is sound like the second coming of the Great Depression.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, good luck with that. Bans aren't supposed to be discussed on the forums, right? But you expect the devs to violate their own rules for your benefit? Get real, mate, you're living in delusionville.
    Doesn't have to be done in the forums. In fact these things are usually announced in the news, so people would actually read it.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd post it here if I could remember where I saw it, but in one of the "If you don't wipe the servers you fail" threads, someone has already pointed out that they're mad that they can't loot ninja loot profitably.

Yep, that is what I figured. Everyone else either does not care because they only use what they find or get as drops, like me, or they welcome the more affordable prices. The saturation of the T2 epic gear market would have taken place anyway. Not as soon as now, but a month or two down the road it would have been the same situation, even without any exploits.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be done in the forums. In fact these things are usually announced in the news, so people would actually read it.

So all that talk about account privacy is just filler for a page? Does their policy have a loophole that says "if we ban you, we're going to post your name all over the internet for everyone to see"? Because if they can blatantly violate somebody's privacy in that way, we need to seriously re-evaluate spending any time or money here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Yep, that is what I figured. Everyone else either does not care because they only use what they find or get as drops, like me, or they welcome the more affordable prices. The saturation of the T2 epic gear market would have taken place anyway. Not as soon as now, but a month or two down the road it would have been the same situation, even without any exploits.

With the leveling curve being what it isn't in this game, I'd say halve that estimate. Competent players can beat these bosses and get that gear, and if it's benefiting them to do so, they will run it repeatedly. We then get to the complaints by, likely some of the same people, that "basement dwellers" are controlling the economy. I have seen it way too many times to believe that it would be otherwise.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am more talking about dealing with those that have already done these exploits and removing these overflowing purples from their possession and from the market.

lol good luck with that........... or are they going to find one guilty person to sacrifice to please some of the angry mob? I just don't think anyone is going to be punished.... but im a cynic.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    This game is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

Aye but is it a worthy doom? that is the question!!!
  • Options
    daviddardaviddar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    OHHHH nice after ONE WEEK they fix things ? I'm so happy and feel so well treated as a customer. The market is broken. They HAVE to rollback and you and I and i hope everyone knows that. Yet they refuse to release an official statement. The CB weekends we played were OPEN ALPHAS. What you are obviously still playing and - for a matter which i cannot understand, still enjoying is an OPEN BETA(feels like an alpha though). So when will the reroll be ? Statements ? nah........

It could be worst, there are games around that you actually pay subscription to play and they don't fix **** for years, and yet you're complaining about a beta, isn't the definition of beta to test software in development to adjust it?
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So all that talk about account privacy is just filler for a page? Does their policy have a loophole that says "if we ban you, we're going to post your name all over the internet for everyone to see"? Because if they can blatantly violate somebody's privacy in that way, we need to seriously re-evaluate spending any time or money here.

Are you dense? They can announce that "many accounts found to be exploiting have been banned" and not break any confidentiality clauses.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still better than paid games which are unplayable for a week, just saying. :p
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Without any response or acknowledgment from the devs that RAMPANT problems are existing, the world and the economy is soon going down to anarchy. We have firstly, afk pvpers bots. We have GF exploits in dungeons. We have them getting 50 purples in 1 hour. We have broken prices in auction house due to these monopolies.

Bad taste is starting to spread word of mouth to potential customers. For example, yesterday when i asked a couple friends if they heard anything about neverwinter, the comments are "isnt it pay 2 win?" "I heard its heavily exploited game". The first step is to acknowledge these are major issues and not declare "open beta is a success". The second step is to fix it. Without these, failure of the game is imminent. Just like all other 10 of PW games are kinda fail.

Someone clearly wants to skip today's patchnotes. 1/10.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic never ever talks about exploits until they fix them and then don't talk about them after fixing them.

And didn't they fix a couple of exploits Monday night? What the @#$#$&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font># are you talking about that they aren't doing anything?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    given that you appear to know that "10 of the other PW games are kinda fail" ( i paraphrase ) then why are your expectations for this any higher. take it and move along. Rift coming soon for freetards :)

My question is that if that person KNOWS that all 10 of the other Perfect World games are failures why are they even here?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragon47dragon47 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly if a game was launched with zero bugs, completely free and actually reversed the ageing process while you played... people would still find something to cry about.

For most of them, if you gave them a hat that had the power to create the game of their dreams, they'd complain about the color.
    syrum wrote: »
    Are you dense? They can announce that "many accounts found to be exploiting have been banned" and not break any confidentiality clauses.

While the game is still officially 'in testing", let those that are exploiting keep on exploiting. Cryptic knows exactly who they are, I'm sure (else they couldn't have fixed the issues in the first place) and is most likely keeping an eye on them. Then, just before the game comes out of testing, lower the ban on them, wipe out their accounts and then make that announcement.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »

Are you? So if they aren't posting their full quarterly "actions taken" tab you'll just say they aren't doing anything? I don't expect to see much more than a sidebar of "this situation has been dealt with". I am not one of the exploiters, so it's not my business how they are dealt with, although I hope they are hit with a rather large ban hammer, I don't need to see printed verification. I'm not going to sit around frothing at the mouth because they didn't report what actions they took. Sorry, is that what I'm supposed to be doing? All these years of figuring things are none of my business, I should have been sticking my nose into everything because, well, I was there, and I should have all the answers I want immediately, and upon demand? Yeah, not buying into the entitlement <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. What happens between Cryptic/PWE and the exploiters is between them, and is none of your business.
  • Options
    undeadknight1undeadknight1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    QQ more, ****. While the rest of us actually enjoy the game ^_^
This discussion has been closed.