test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Failure is imminent

hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Without any response or acknowledgment from the devs that RAMPANT problems are existing, the world and the economy is soon going down to anarchy. We have firstly, afk pvpers bots. We have GF exploits in dungeons. We have them getting 50 purples in 1 hour. We have broken prices in auction house due to these monopolies.

Bad taste is starting to spread word of mouth to potential customers. For example, yesterday when i asked a couple friends if they heard anything about neverwinter, the comments are "isnt it pay 2 win?" "I heard its heavily exploited game". The first step is to acknowledge these are major issues and not declare "open beta is a success". The second step is to fix it. Without these, failure of the game is imminent. Just like all other 10 of PW games are kinda fail.
Post edited by hycinthus on

Comments

• pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No response? Did you not see the patch notes for today? Exploits are being fixed. Going AFK in PVP is being fixed.
  • vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    While I love to see the galaxy burn, I kind of have to rain on your parade and say that you should look at the latest patch notes. You're a bit late to the book burning ceremony I am afraid... we'll have to reschedule one later.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat

•Fixed an issue where the Guardian Fighter was able to do significantly more damage than was intended.

PvP

•Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

Mail

•Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Self fulfilling prophecy is self fulfilling?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um, what you mentioned is currently being fixed in the .23 patch that is being patched as we type. (GF exploit and afk pvp being the most serious).
    As for the "isn't it pay to win?" comments, well those would have existed even if this game was bug-free. The argument is subjective, but you're always going to find someone who says it's pay to win when you give an advantage (no matter how small) for cash.
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am more talking about dealing with those that have already done these exploits and removing these overflowing purples from their possession and from the market.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, the Doomguard's Duty quest was tweaked so people can't exploit out a ton of profession packs. (The reward is still there, it's just on the NPC when you do the final quest turn-in. I freaked out a bit this morning when I did that quest on a new alt, and the gold chest was empty. :D)
  • unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OHHHH nice after ONE WEEK they fix things ? I'm so happy and feel so well treated as a customer. The market is broken. They HAVE to rollback and you and I and i hope everyone knows that. Yet they refuse to release an official statement. The CB weekends we played were OPEN ALPHAS. What you are obviously still playing and - for a matter which i cannot understand, still enjoying is an OPEN BETA(feels like an alpha though). So when will the reroll be ? Statements ? nah........
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omgerd!!!!

The failure The failure!!!!!

:rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    OHHHH nice after ONE WEEK they fix things ? I'm so happy and feel so well treated as a customer. The market is broken. They HAVE to rollback and you and I and i hope everyone knows that. Yet they refuse to release an official statement. The CB weekends we played were OPEN ALPHAS. What you are obviously still playing and - for a matter which i cannot understand, still enjoying is an OPEN BETA(feels like an alpha though). So when will the reroll be ? Statements ? nah........

How about we let them finish patching the game and making the fixes before we go around doom saying? Seems like a logical thing to do, no?

And I played Alpha and Closed Beta. Trust me Closed Beta was a lot better then Alpha in terms of fixes.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.
  • majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    No response? Did you not see the patch notes for today? Exploits are being fixed. Going AFK in PVP is being fixed.

They were 'fixed.' Yep.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about we let them finish patching the game and making the fixes before we go around doom saying? Seems like a logical thing to do, no?

And I played Alpha and Closed Beta. Trust me Closed Beta was a lot better then Alpha in terms of fixes.

That would greatly put a damper on the forum drama. Honestly if a game was launched with zero bugs, completely free and actually reversed the ageing process while you played... people would still find something to cry about. This forum nonsense, means jack and ship, the game is fine, the prophecy is wrong.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2013
    That would greatly put a damper on the forum drama. Honestly if a game was launched with zero bugs, completely free and actually reversed the ageing process while you played... people would still find something to cry about. This forum nonsense, means jack and ship, the game is fine, the prophecy is wrong.

NO. I remember you from the Alpha forums. You go away with your logic and level headed thinking.
  • therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    I think the bigger concern is that none of the players who exploited are being banned, none of the extra items are being removed from the economy, etc.

I mean, if I find an exploit, I'm actively encouraged to exploit it for all I'm worth instead of reporting it because reporting it is throwing money away.
    edited May 2013
    I think the bigger concern is that none of the players who exploited are being banned, none of the extra items are being removed from the economy, etc.

Wow, so Mr. Person from the future can you tell me what the winning lotto numbers are?
  • nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Step 1: Remove foot from mouth.
    Step 2: Apologise.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We all gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aiaiaiaiaiai palooomaaaaaaaaaaa

ps

When is this Ritalin shortage going to be over?

pps

it's a goddam friggin game FFS....
    edited May 2013
    Wow, so Mr. Person from the future can you tell me what the winning lotto numbers are?

Is this a weak way of trying to imply that they're going to be banned at some point in the future?

Is that before or after they sell this stuff and the damage to the economy is already done?

I'd just like a post from the devs saying "We've banned a bunch of people for exploiting this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>."
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    given that you appear to know that "10 of the other PW games are kinda fail" ( i paraphrase ) then why are your expectations for this any higher. take it and move along. Rift coming soon for freetards :)
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    Is this a weak way of trying to imply that they're going to be banned at some point in the future?

Is that before or after they sell this stuff and the damage to the economy is already done?

No its a strong way of telling you, that you dont know what will be happening while the servers are down. Unless you are from the future or you work with Cryptic.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'd just like a post from the devs saying "We've banned a bunch of people for exploiting this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>."

They clearly said that they have a team going through logs to identify and find the best way of dealing with the exploiters and their 'loot'
  • jumalasijumalasi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    Without any response or acknowledgment from the devs that RAMPANT problems are existing, the world and the economy is soon going down to anarchy. We have firstly, afk pvpers bots. We have GF exploits in dungeons. We have them getting 50 purples in 1 hour. We have broken prices in auction house due to these monopolies.

Bad taste is starting to spread word of mouth to potential customers. For example, yesterday when i asked a couple friends if they heard anything about neverwinter, the comments are "isnt it pay 2 win?" "I heard its heavily exploited game". The first step is to acknowledge these are major issues and not declare "open beta is a success". The second step is to fix it. Without these, failure of the game is imminent. Just like all other 10 of PW games are kinda fail.

Yeah and also people are kicking other players off from group in DD instances.. That way they get all the loot from the boss and chest coz all other players leaves instance. So you cant join any group if you dont know all the guys in the group. Its intresting to see how greedy people are and what they are ready to do to get items. Also chatted with GM and he did make sure that Perfect World is not going to do anything for this issue. That will be the last nail for me.. sadly...
    edited May 2013
    given that you appear to know that "10 of the other PW games are kinda fail" ( i paraphrase ) then why are your expectations for this any higher. take it and move along. Rift coming soon for freetards :)

wow.freetards. I like it. can I use it?
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope once they fix possible exploit, then at least wipe exploiting account.

I dont want complete wipe as it would be stupid and people spent real money for most of us...

But exploiter need to be delt with. Ban/wipe of their account would be the best way for this, some sells and stuff are already to late to deal with but at least..
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I mean, if I find an exploit, I'm actively encouraged to exploit it for all I'm worth instead of reporting it because reporting it is throwing money away.
    Considering you can't talk about bans on the forums, and that you don't work for pwe, and pwe isn't talking about bans, how do you know they aren't being banned. Just saying we can't know either way. Unless you exploited and are saying you aren't banned.
  • uljirauljira Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One week is pretty **** quick.
    edited May 2013
    No its a strong way of telling you, that you dont know what will be happening while the servers are down. Unless you are from the future or you work with Cryptic.

So it's a strong way of telling me that you're optimistic but have absolutely no basis for your optimism?

Right...
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Considering you can't talk about bans on the forums, and that you don't work for pwe, and pwe isn't talking about bans, how do you know they aren't being banned. Just saying we can't know either way. Unless you exploited and are saying you aren't banned.

Most MMO devs make it a POINT to inform the playerbase that there have been bans because it discourages bad behavior and encourages players to report exploits.
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The fact that exploiters are dancing around in forum posting screenshots and saying ban me ,ban me why u no ban me, is a travesty. Please ban them and remove all their items from the market.
This discussion has been closed.