test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People who abused the one-shot exploit.

therealalientherealalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are they going to be punished? Or can you get away with exploiting in this game?
Post edited by therealalien on

Comments

• Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    No the only thing they gonna get is $$$$ from all the items they got

have a nice day :o
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    no very few ppl ever get punished in the virtual world which is y ppl do it no real consequences
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deurkier1 wrote: »
    No the only thing they gonna get is $$$$ from all the items they got

have a nice day :o

lol so true, Pay to win and exploit to win all for the win!!! Don't try and compete with those with the $ or those with the smarts/good fortune or shady friends to find the exploits, just play the game in your own way and enjoy it don't think about what others have. And if you can't help it...... hey if you can't beat em join em!!
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is EXTREMELY unlikely there will be any punishment, which is why so many people are saying they will not put real money into a game where such exploits have no consequences. Can't say that I blame them........
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I doubt it. It's pretty rare when a company does large bans for exploits, they usually limit that to the gold farming/selling people. This is why people exploit so much - they can get away with it.
  • Options
    xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Wow they are really going to do nothing about it? <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> MOVE.

What kind of message is that sending to the rest of the community?
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why are you people making all these assumptions that nothing will be done? Do you work for them? Do you have any inside information?

Probably not so stfu...and you likely won't even know about it if it is or isn't dealt with unless you know someone personally who did exploit. It will take time for them to review peoples accounts and all that fun stuff.

Take a chill pill.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are they going to be punished? Or can you get away with exploiting in this game?
    You mean the people who equipped a gear set and then went and killed stuff, as intended?

Any of you saying that you would not use this gear if you had it are lying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You mean the people who equipped a gear set and then went and killed stuff, as intended?

Obviously it wasn't intended to one shot things. If I equipped the gear and learned I could one shot things.. I wouldn't exploit it.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again there is more to it than that, people are not understanding this. There were more circumstances involved where you could exploit the gear set and get 10 stacks rather than 5. 5 is pretty powerful and will average you over 12k power, 10 stack exploit gave you over 24k power, coupled with fighters recovery made you unstopable.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    If this was any other company than PWE, I'd say absolutely.

However this is PWE, so not very likely.

Oh please, most MMO companies fix exploits but don't ban the exploiters. That behavior certainly isn't unique to PWE.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll just go ahead and get a refund if they don't punish the exploiters.
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE CEO should be fired and locked up. People corrupted by greed and power should be locked up and never be in a position of leadership.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The one shot exploit wasn't the thing I think makes most people mad, there was also a boss farming bug where people amassed massive amounts of epic loot, then there was a daily exploit where people farmed massive amounts of AD. I believe these two are what has everyone up in arms.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    Oh please, most MMO companies fix exploits but don't ban the exploiters. That behavior certainly isn't unique to PWE.

Blizzard do..
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Obviously it wasn't intended to one shot things. If I equipped the gear and learned I could one shot things.. I wouldn't exploit it.

10/10. Same here. I've always been a "purest" when it comes to gaming. I absolutely have no interest at all in saying......"oh look how much fckin epic gear I got by exploiting something that is broken". Congrats guy, you and every other worthless sh!tter could do that too if they dropped to that level.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    No you wont, you'll just continue to whine about it on the forums.

Whine?? mkay.. It most also be nice to be able to know what other people will do with their time..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    PWE CEO should be fired and locked up. People corrupted by greed and power should be locked up and never be in a position of leadership.

Must not be an American, sorry that is how we roll, gimme all your dough and if you give me enough I will be president.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I don't think PWI/Crytpic will ban these people but the most fair solution would be to strip them of their ill-gotten wealth.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bioware, aggressively banned known exploiters. When a bug was found, servers were taken down for an emergency maintenance within minutes.

Blizzard, the same.

Mythic, the same.

ArenaNET, the same.

Unless you are talking about other F2P companies? Then, yeah, I'd probably agree...NCSoft is pretty notorious for letting exploiters and exploits go for weeks as well.

Arenanet... lol yeah poor ghost peppers, they put them in game, people found out how to buy them with their otherwise useless karma, and hundreds of thousands got banned for Arenanet's mistake. I think PWE is taking the high road by saying oops we f'd up not gonna punish you for it. Now I agree this exploit was bad when used to gain 10 stacks but meh really it was their mistake, it is beta, they shouldn't ban the people for it, though perhaps taking all their diamonds they made over the past week wouldnt be a bad idea.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The longer they leave it, the harder it will be to sort it.

The exploiters will (if they have any sense) have sold on most of their gear now via the valid AH channels. Even if they did ban the exploiters, the gear is now out there.

In the UK, even if you buy a car legitmately, if it turns out to have been previously stolen - you end up losing your money AND the car goes back to its rightful owner. Can you imagine that happening in Neverwinter?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyone remember when Kripp got perma banned on GW2? Yeh...Arena Net doesn't play that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bioware, aggressively banned known exploiters. When a severe exploit was found, servers were taken down for an emergency maintenance within minutes.

Blizzard, the same.

Mythic, the same.

ArenaNET, the same.

Unless you are talking about other F2P companies? Then, yeah, I'd probably agree...NCSoft is pretty notorious for letting exploiters and exploits go for weeks as well.

It's funny how we can have two totally different perspectives of those companies. I remember quite a few exploits in DAOC and WOW that were fixed quietly but the exploiters never punished. The only big bans I recall any company doing were revolving around the gold farming/selling business.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't think PWI/Crytpic will ban these people but the most fair solution would be to strip them of their ill-gotten wealth.

I would be happy with this. Roll back the people who exploited this. It will take some time as I'm sure thousands of people used the exploit, but at least it's better than nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather see them banned aswell, they exploited the system knowingly and should be punished for it. Otherwise they'll just try and do it again in the future, I mean, the only bad thing would be losing the diamonds you got.. seriously.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    It's funny how we can have two totally different perspectives of those companies. I remember quite a few exploits in DAOC and WOW that were fixed quietly but the exploiters never punished. The only big bans I recall any company doing were revolving around the gold farming/selling business.

OMG DAoC, I miss the old Mythic, only company EVER that when they said hotfix it was applied with NO SERVER DOWN.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    The longer they leave it, the harder it will be to sort it.

The exploiters will (if they have any sense) have sold on most of their gear now via the valid AH channels. Even if they did ban the exploiters, the gear is now out there.

In the UK, even if you buy a car legitmately, if it turns out to have been previously stolen - you end up losing your money AND the car goes back to its rightful owner. Can you imagine that happening in Neverwinter?

Same in the US too. The police can confiscate stolen goods (not only cars but anything) and return them to the original owner. If you happen to pay legitimate money for the stolen goods then you're out of luck.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man, i must be the dumbest of all ;) cos i never find any exploit on game and i come to find they existed only after they get fixed lol :D

In other words, ye i'm with those who thinks the exploiters should be banned.
This discussion has been closed.