test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs it is REALLY time to nerf Rogues

irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
They do insane DPS with pretty darn good survivability not to mention they can keep a player locked out of their abilities 50% of the time. I don't like asking for a nerf but when a single TR can kill with impunity and laugh all the way to the bank something needs to be done.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    caelistixcaelistix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think rogues need a nerf :O.. What they have is more single target burst damage, and lack AOE abilities
  • Options
    speedhaakspeedhaak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've heard this all before, throughout countless MMOs down the years. Isn't it getting a bit tiresome now?
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another thread... Everyone seen this and that, people that get killed that easy are BAD. That's all there is to it. About the "insane dps" part, wth do you want from the only pure dps class in the game?? Rogues have been nerfed many times people just fail to recognize it.
  • Options
    sturhmsturhm Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am far from a pro rogue player, what i have seen is : 3 players banging on Guaridan fighters without being able to down them even they didnt get heals. I seen 3 players go full dps on clerics without being able to down them. I see wizards locking other classes while downing them easy peasy.

And still whiners come to forums every where whining about rogues being "overpowered" screaming for nerfs.

Learn to play, or switch class, the good and skilled ones are owning less skilled ones....quite simple really, and absolutely nothing new.
  • Options
    zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOR THE LOVE OF LLOTH

SAY PVP OR PVE, BE SPECIFIC or be useless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Open your mind
  • Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 clerics can lock down a node by them selfs while being beet on by the other team and take 0 damage while doing it.
    ya right nerf there only threat.
    you must be a cleric op.
  • Options
    zerxiaszerxias Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trickster rogues are overpowered. People talk about cw having amazing control, well honestly they're control isnt that much more impressive than TR. Trickster rogues also have crazy survivabilty and utilty in parties. dazing strike, smoke bomb. Also in pvp against a team heavy with cw just slot in impossible to catch. I don't know why some trickster rogues believe other classes have that much more utility apart from GF and DC who are heals and tanks. I've played quite a few T2 with GW, Dc and just rogues. It isn't balanced and it makes it harder to farm gear. There is a problem in balancing because you guys all say well TR is only striker but they also have good control and survivability. Also how can you balance control, e.g. TR doe 50% more dmg than other classes but how do you say, well class x should do 50% more control than TR to make up for it. You can't measure control and its usefulness is just not adequate enough in pve.

It is funny when people use the excuse that they're a striker, because rogues also have great control and survivability. Tone down their dmg and reduce their control.
  • Options
    dr3adz0rdr3adz0r Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Scissors are fine, plz nerf Paper!" -Rock
  • Options
    shadowpwn691shadowpwn691 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the love of all that is unholy L2P and stop whining about rogues being op cuz they aren't
  • Options
    tecmowookietecmowookie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dr3adz0r wrote: »
    this
    /thread
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    in 18 yeasrs of mmo gaming i never ever asked for nerfs once.
    those who do are bad at gaming. they cant adapt. i feel sorry for them.
  • Options
    uzurperuzurper Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm so fed up with noobs QQing in every single **** game! I don't think any class needs a nerf atm. Game destroying baddies in every single game. Just as I've done in other games, I'm simply not gonna re-roll another class or keep playing the nerfs, I'm simply gona quit playing.
    * This happened in WoW over and over cuz of a few months where rogues was really OP but those 3 months hunted this class throughout it's entire existence. Tbh, I can't even think of a single class that would be rlly OWNED by a rogue in the past 3-4 years of WoW, provided the user had a basic set of skill in playing the class he chose. DK? - owned rogues, warriors? - owned rogues, mage? haha.... any tard mage IF he could follow a few simple steps could own rogues, warlocks? could just as well own rogues, etcetc.
    * This happened in GW2, where the official OP classes called Elementalist and Mesmer got further buffed (they are pretty much played a lot), while the harder to play Thief got nerfed cuz the two classes mentioned got killed by thieves OR they couldn't catch them! Now... it is very hard for me to explain how ludicrous this aspect rlly is! They nerfed stealth...so all the kids playing those two OFFICIALLY op classes could also kill thieves. Mesmers have illusions, burst, survivability, movement and elementalists have all that plus <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tanky-ness and control, I've seen countless eles go in between a 10-15 man zerg, kill a few of them, then disappear over the hills :-L. A good ele could NEVER be pwnt by a thief.
    * Now ppl start to whine in this game too ... they can't do anything else with their lives but compare and feel b-hurt about a class that NEEDS to be @ a lower and more reachable place withing their already low skill-cap. I'm not sure about GF and tank, but I am sure as hell that cleric, CW and TR are fine and at the same time op as ****. And you know what? I'm glad a ****ing cleric does **** tons of healing and shielding and so on..why? CUZ I WANT CLERICS TO FEEL OP WHEN PLAYING CLERIC. and this goes for every **** class there is in this game. A good cleric in any team = no kills for a TR tbh. The fact that you die, simply states that you are either bad, or not protecting your cleric.
  • Options
    uzurperuzurper Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    in 18 yeasrs of mmo gaming i never ever asked for nerfs once.
    those who do are bad at gaming. they cant adapt. i feel sorry for them.

YES! omfg! Stop the **** nerf model! I know it's easier, faster and requires less work, but it ruins a class! Try balance thru buffing and please for the love of the world economy and the rain forest STOP listening to these baddies! These ppl have no idea what is good and what ain't! They ruined entire franchises and games cuz devs listened to these whine machines!
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerxias wrote: »
    Trickster rogues are overpowered. People talk about cw having amazing control, well honestly they're control isnt that much more impressive than TR. Trickster rogues also have crazy survivabilty and utilty in parties. dazing strike, smoke bomb. Also in pvp against a team heavy with cw just slot in impossible to catch. I don't know why some trickster rogues believe other classes have that much more utility apart from GF and DC who are heals and tanks. I've played quite a few T2 with GW, Dc and just rogues. It isn't balanced and it makes it harder to farm gear. There is a problem in balancing because you guys all say well TR is only striker but they also have good control and survivability. Also how can you balance control, e.g. TR doe 50% more dmg than other classes but how do you say, well class x should do 50% more control than TR to make up for it. You can't measure control and its usefulness is just not adequate enough in pve.

It is funny when people use the excuse that they're a striker, because rogues also have great control and survivability. Tone down their dmg and reduce their control.

Yeah you're a control wizard and just want to continue to dominate rogues. You're either really bad as a CW or just don't want your class to be nerfed. I guarantee you CW will be nerfed, along with GF and Clerics. Rogues have 3 encounter slots. If they slot deft strike, smoke bomb, and dazing strike, they have no damage except for the daily if they decide to use shocking executioner. Problem is, shocking executioner is a DAILY that can be used once every 4 minutes at best. Dazing strike also has a dumb animation that puts them in air which allows people to dodge easily. Smoke bomb requires the rogue to actually get close into melee range to use which is why you would slot deft strike if you're using smoke bomb. You can argue that rogues have stealth so they can just stealth up to the person and use smoke bomb. Well... if you come across a person who is standing still... then it's either a dumbass, an afker, or a dumbass. The rogue's run speed is complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in stealth even with full feats to make it faster so deft strike is definitely necessary or the rogue will spend majority of his time trying to reach a target in stealth just to run out of stealth before reaching the target.

The only thing rogue is good for is to kill steal. How about you drop your easymode CW and get a rogue to 60 and show us some videos of you dominating CWs while they are actually targetting you.
  • Options
    baraccus2baraccus2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no way to have a PVE and PVP game completely balanced.

They tried it in WoW after the arena was introduced, and ended up with most classes having other classes signature moves. Horrible, and put me off PVP completely.

A quick note: In any MMO based around the tank/DPS/healer model, PVP is NOT BALANCED for 1v1. It is balanced for 3v3 or 5v5. It's a team game.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baraccus2 wrote: »
    There is no way to have a PVE and PVP game completely balanced.

They tried it in WoW after the arena was introduced, and ended up with most classes having other classes signature moves. Horrible, and put me off PVP completely.

A quick note: In any MMO based around the tank/DPS/healer model, PVP is NOT BALANCED for 1v1. It is balanced for 3v3 or 5v5. It's a team game.

You are correct, but because these devs listened to all these people crying, it's no longer balanced period.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Daoc was the best. 2 rulesets for pve and pvp. awesome 1vs1, 8vs8 or 200vs200.
  • Options
    code004code004 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's WoW's vanilla rogue all over again. As it was in WoW, no one recognizes that one-shotting people in PvP is overpowered, they just think they're good in this game and that's just ****ing sad. I'm not even playing my rogue anymore, because it's just boring to one-shot everything. GWF is the only truly balanced class in my opinion.

Mages DO have too much control. Clerics ARE unkillable (2v1, when geared), Guardians DO have too much resistance, and Rogues DO deal stupidly large amount of damage. GWF is the only class that has mediocre control, mediocre damage and mediocre tanking abilities, being great at nothing at all, and don't you dare bring up AoE damage, it doesn't do anything in PvP, and it's a fake kind of damage even in PvE.
  • Options
    ferosimusferosimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i loled hard... yet another **** who is ussles and idiot in pvp, first of all do you know how hard is to land a dazing strike? the only fast way to land it is when your stealth'ed when everyone see me jump in the air they just roll and dodge all the time... even same big number skills they just roll and dodge. l2 dodge and l2p before going all emo kid crying that rogues are OP, i can say same thing about GWF that later on 2 shot you and Mages with perma CC and stun lock's, but you just learn to counter them or die
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Search forums for "Nerf" or "OP" or "Over Powered" and you will see threads EXACTLY like this one, whining about:

Controls Wizards are TOO POWERFUL.
    Great Weapon Fighters are TOO POWERFUL
    Devoted Clerics are TOO POWERFUL
    Guardian Fighters are TOO POWERFUL (yes, even complaints about THEM).

Oh, and of course the grand original Trickster Rogues are TOO POWERFUL.

Probably better to just give-up and go play Checkers Online.
    Really.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    code004 wrote: »
    I'm not even playing my rogue anymore, because it's just boring to one-shot everything.

Can you upload a video and a guide regarding one shotting everything? thx a lot.
  • Options
    lunarm1stlunarm1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a ranged class asking to nerf a melee class cmon.. L2P
  • Options
    intrinscintrinsc Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something is always OP until people learn to counter it.
  • Options
    muzikfogmuzikfog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't really need a TR nerf to say, just make it so CW can actually dodge out of the TR's smoke bomb AoE, we are silenced to do anything at all in there and have to walk out in-combat mode.
  • Options
    ahudahud Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muzikfog wrote: »
    Don't really need a TR nerf to say, just make it so CW can actually dodge out of the TR's smoke bomb AoE, we are silenced to do anything at all in there and have to walk out in-combat mode.

What's really funny is in a PVP map when I deploy my decoy I watch the control wizards repeatedly attack my decoy, that's what is so funny. The OP is prolly that same guy, attacking my decoy why I thump his ***. Learn to play.
  • Options
    cloudspidercloudspider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dr3adz0r wrote: »

Yea honestly.

Rogues are OP if (in pvp) you just stand still and try to out DPS them.

Try running, dodge the daze (btw super predictable and easy with the huge cast time), and watch how useless they become.

BUT.......

Have a CW crowd control someone and BAM dead.

have a CW crowd control someone and BAM dead.

omg CW's so OP! am i right?
  • Options
    hadlishadlis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game did a great job with making stealth useful but not OP. The poster of this thread is more than likely running around with a gear score of 5500 wondering why he is getting pounded. He should list his score and pvp skills/rotation so we can help him L2P.

The only thing that you might want to look at is the clerics healing circle....when there are two of them it's really hard to kill anybody.
  • Options
    solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    americanjediamericanjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah nerf the only single target dps class. Idiots. Wow tried that and it turned out to be all pallys all day long. The guy above me with the "Inc 5 cleric teams" has it right.

Try and level a rogue past 45 or so. Its balls to the wall crazy and there is no slacking off. But im sure you knew that when you cried for nerfs huh..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coming Soon To A Forsaken World Near You
    Erm... Well Hopefully Soon
This discussion has been closed.