test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So p much every epic dungeon goes like this

tweeter83tweeter83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
boss 1 spawns adds
boss 2 spawns adds
boss 3 let me guess SPAWNS MORE ADDS

come on guys this game is great don't cop out with the same bull **** mechanics on every boss fight besides 2 dragons that is all.
Post edited by tweeter83 on

Comments

• Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The dragons spawn more adds too okay.
  • Options
    dietaryfiber111dietaryfiber111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's not forget the atrocious amount of trash.
  • Options
    sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    And the lags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent
  • Options
    xaviondkxaviondk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that it might be a bit "meh" to get the same mechanics from every boss. But again it's a beta, so personally I'm waiting for the full release before I make up my mind to keep playing or not. Right now Im still having fun with me friends in Foundry quests.
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its funny that people thinks things like boss mechanism will change because "its beta". The only thing they are using the "beta" for is server load and technical stuff.

Seems to me that they do not care very much about the state of their game else there would be a wipe after the beta.
  • Options
    d4rkh4nd4rkh4n Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    When did adds become fun
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d4rkh4n wrote: »
    When did adds become fun

Shortly after having DBM tell you exactly what to do in scripted encounters somehow managed to generate 12 million subscribers
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's just annoying to clear them the whole time... I'm 36 lvl cleric, play with my friend (he's rogue 36) and yesterday we were trying to do Mad Dragon dungeon. We wiped like 5 times at the last boss cause of adds. The tank couldn't keep them away from me because there were to many of them. They respawn too often.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    randallnwrandallnw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You would think that given that every dungeon boss and skirmish has exactly the same mechanics that people would have realised now that they might have to do a little more than just mindlessly zerg the boss and on occasion deal with the adds. It's quite depressing how dumb random groups are in this game.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both the CW and the GWF are designed around dealing with adds... either they completely redesign the classes, or they have lots of adds. It's just how they are supposed to work.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tweeter83 wrote: »
    boss 1 spawns adds
    boss 2 spawns adds

come on guys this game is great don't cop out with the same bull **** mechanics on every boss fight besides 2 dragons that is all.

Be careful asking for a change because they could easily change it to:

Boss spawns adds.
    Adds spawns more adds.
    More adds spawn even more adds
    Even more adds spawn yet more adds
  • Options
    acroniazacroniaz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    Both the CW and the GWF are designed around dealing with adds... either they completely redesign the classes, or they have lots of adds. It's just how they are supposed to work.

Haha, just cos two classes are designed around forms of AoE doesn't mean every encounter should have loads of adds. What the heck kinda thought process is that. Quite simply? It's extremely boring to have the same mechanics each and every time you enter a dungeon.

10 Dungeons. 20 Bosses. 600,000,000 Adds.

Welcome to Neverwinters extremely complex PvE content.
  • Options
    inmydotinmydot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it quite a challenge to clear all the adds before the next wave comes. But it requires good positioning for the tank, holding agro on the right mobs. The cleric needs to pay attention to healing more than just healspamming the tank and the DPS need to focus on which adds to kill first instead of mindlessly fighting the boss and spamming left mouse button.

Yes, it are a bit too many adds sometimes.. But I like the challenge it provides. In solo dungeons I sort of hate it as rogue tho :/
  • Options
    gruntykillfacegruntykillface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL. These spoiled WoW kids have no idea about the game. And no, I'm not going to explain it either.
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inmydot wrote: »
    I find it quite a challenge to clear all the adds before the next wave comes. But it requires good positioning for the tank, holding agro on the right mobs. The cleric needs to pay attention to healing more than just healspamming the tank and the DPS need to focus on which adds to kill first instead of mindlessly fighting the boss and spamming left mouse button.

Yes, it are a bit too many adds sometimes.. But I like the challenge it provides. In solo dungeons I sort of hate it as rogue tho :/

Yeah, you're right. The cleric needs to concentrate on running around in circles popping potions constantly because clerics have seemingly infinite aggro that no amount of dps can get rid of.
  • Options
    gremmoregremmore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well partly i agree with the poster, the amount of imagination is very limited. But doesn't mean that's it's alllll bad.
    The addition of a few adds, specially if harder elite ones i can understand at a certain % during a boss fight. But the constant addition of just annoying adds who due to a to perfectly working agro system will keep following a cleric in most cases is not the right way i think. I rather see a boss do more tricks during a fight then it becomes a endurance fight of kiting/dps on boss mostly.

Sometimes it's fun, but a bit of change really wouldn't be bad.
    At times there's just no logic in the amount of adds and makes the fight not more fun but more of a pain.
    But yeah if i could choose to a normal tank/spank/tank heal and this then i still prefere this... it's at least more action :)
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Shortly after having DBM tell you exactly what to do in scripted encounters somehow managed to generate 12 million subscribers

Pretty much this. Show me a wow heroic that isn't "do this when this happens" that DBM doesn't tell you what to do. Don't stand in fire, but otherwise it's mostly keep hitting rotation, avoid fire, listen to the mod. A lot of them do have adds too, which i find funny, and most are simply gear checks. Remember when Cata was released, people raged at how hard the epics were, with so many simply having annoying interrupt mechanics over and over, and then a few months later after people got gear most mechanics were ignored to simply dps the boss down.
    boss 1 spawns adds
    boss 2 spawns adds

While i do agree some of the bosses do go overboard, and some bosses have way too much health (damage sponges, and fights taking way, way too long for even regular dungeons), the worst part of all this is that most dps just try and zerg down the boss, ignoring mobs and making the fight even more annoying. It's like they either don't care, don't know, or don't want to learn, that you have to get rid of adds when they pop up.
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Pretty much this. Show me a wow heroic that isn't "do this when this happens" that DBM doesn't tell you what to do. Don't stand in fire, but otherwise it's mostly keep hitting rotation, avoid fire, listen to the mod. A lot of them do have adds too, which i find funny, and most are simply gear checks. Remember when Cata was released, people raged at how hard the epics were, with so many simply having annoying interrupt mechanics over and over, and then a few months later after people got gear most mechanics were ignored to simply dps the boss down.

You mean after they nerfed it. I remember doing the original Dead Mines prenerf and it was a rough go but I found it pretty fun. Most groups that got it as a random heroic would just leave lol.

My beef with the dungeons is time vs reward. Almost all the dungeons minus a few of them take anywhere from 30-40 minutes fast and over an hour slow. I did Epic Spellplague last night and we had some pretty good DPS and it was well over an hour before we got to the final boss area because there's so much freaking trash in there (and worse there was trash in there that respawned blocking a person who DC'd from getting back to us!). I can't stand going through a place like Mad Dragon or Crypt both of which are pretty **** long (40 mins or so with a legit group) and it's like oh...here's your blue 60 item that you won't even be able to sell on the AH because an epic version will be cheaper...I hope it was fun for ya! Even then when leveling up the XP reward was virtually non-existent.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    tweeter83tweeter83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boss 3 is still spawning adds
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »

DBM or giant red circles. They do the same thing. Take aoe warnings out of NW and see what happens.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Boss 3 just spawned more ADDS!!!!ONE!!!!one!!!
  • Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I think the most annoying thing about mass adds is some small bosses (such as the first boss in Pirate King) are nearly untargetable due to the insane amount of adds.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »

You can safely subtract GWF from that statement. All GWF does is take up a party slot.
  • Options
    kardymankardyman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    colluzion wrote: »
    I think the most annoying thing about mass adds is some small bosses (such as the first boss in Pirate King) are nearly untargetable due to the insane amount of adds.

Hmm... Perhaps that's because you're suppose to... I dunno, kill the adds perhaps? Just a thought :)

But in all honesty, at the lower levels it's not bad, because the tanks can't hold aggro well enough, so they aren't stacked on top of each other to begin with, so it doesn't seem that bad until 35 when tanks get Threatening Rush and then you start seeing it. I know I did. I instantly saw a change when I got that ability. Needs to be a level 10 talent IMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    More adds run to the center
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL. These spoiled WoW kids have no idea about the game. And no, I'm not going to explain it either.

what the **** does WoW have anything to do with this game?

people want a different mechanic rather than "every boss spawns adds", so therefore, they're apparently "spoiled WoW kids". that makes no sense.
    You can safely subtract GWF from that statement. All GWF does is take up a party slot.

i actually like GWFs in parties. :|

and, you can remove adds from bosses and still have CW/GWF be useful; there's still trash, after all, and that's not to say that some bosses can't have adds, just... not EVERY single boss.

i've done every dungeon/skirmish from cloaked tower to GWD (45, atm) and EVERY single boss has summoned adds in varying degrees of severity. it gets ****ing boring to need to just kite them (since i'm a cleric) for the entire fight instead of actually fighting against a boss with interesting mechanics.
  • Options
    niblnibl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are 2 types of ads:
    - spawning on certain HP thresholds, that i don't have problem with (you deal wit them and everything is A-OK).
    - endlessly spawning, these I don't like. Often when your team just don't have high enough DPS, it is impossible to kill these ads and have window good enough to focus boss - especially if these ADs are heavy monsters (like 7+ health bars).

The Pit final boss have constant spawns of 2 Shamans (heavy monster), a, and generally this fight is for me (on my CW) often more challenging than...
    Sky island dragon skirmish - ads that he spawns are laughable (ranged, light -> 200 dmg on unarmored target (imps in mad dragon are like 300-400 dmg per hit)), but on 30% he spawns 2 mystics that your team have to deal with because they outheal at least some classes dps. <still i think monsters could have at least SOME cd on their abilities (trapper spamin his net like 4 times in 12 secons is super annoying - especially since it ignores GWF unstoppable)>
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alandoril1 wrote: »
    Yeah, you're right. The cleric needs to concentrate on running around in circles popping potions constantly because clerics have seemingly infinite aggro that no amount of dps can get rid of.

Dunno, never had that problem. When I start bursting adds that go for my cleric, they go for me instead.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nibl wrote: »
    There are 2 types of ads:
    - spawning on certain HP thresholds, that i don't have problem with (you deal wit them and everything is A-OK).
    - endlessly spawning, these I don't like. Often when your team just don't have high enough DPS, it is impossible to kill these ads and have window good enough to focus boss - especially if these ADs are heavy monsters (like 7+ health bars).

The Pit final boss have constant spawns of 2 Shamans (heavy monster), a, and generally this fight is for me (on my CW) often more challenging than...
    Sky island dragon skirmish - ads that he spawns are laughable (ranged, light -> 200 dmg on unarmored target (imps in mad dragon are like 300-400 dmg per hit)), but on 30% he spawns 2 mystics that your team have to deal with because they outheal at least some classes dps. <still i think monsters could have at least SOME cd on their abilities (trapper spamin his net like 4 times in 12 secons is super annoying - especially since it ignores GWF unstoppable)>

Rogues are caught in the net as well :/
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    what the **** does WoW have anything to do with this game?

people want a different mechanic rather than "every boss spawns adds", so therefore, they're apparently "spoiled WoW kids". that makes no sense.

i actually like GWFs in parties. :|

and, you can remove adds from bosses and still have CW/GWF be useful; there's still trash, after all, and that's not to say that some bosses can't have adds, just... not EVERY single boss.

i've done every dungeon/skirmish from cloaked tower to GWD (45, atm) and EVERY single boss has summoned adds in varying degrees of severity. it gets ****ing boring to need to just kite them (since i'm a cleric) for the entire fight instead of actually fighting against a boss with interesting mechanics.

I like being a GWF, but that doesn't make me feel like I'm contributing to the group.