test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Warning] Gateway does Not give astral diamonds on profession collect!!

Comments

• aryxorthianaryxorthian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. :/
  • martinschoumartinschou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was looking for a thread on this.

As for submitting a ticket - where? The in game ticket system has NO categories for profession or gateway bugs, and the gateway site has no bug report section either.

I honestly don't know whether I get Rough Astral Diamonds or not when using the Gateway - it's only something I just realized today after probably 12 "runs" and not having any Rough Astral Diamonds when logging in; and like a lot of other posters, I'm using the Leadership "Protect Caravan" task on the gateway. The Leadership Experience is awarder; I can't speak for Experience Points (I'm level 60) or Copper (I honestly couldn't care about that 1 silver).

I tried logging out of the game and then collecting the last two Gateway tasks I was doing, but lo and behold, now it gave me Rough Astral Diamonds.

I was hoping it was simply a misinformation bug, where collecting through the Gateway simply refined the Rough Astral Diamonds for us without informing us about it, but that isn't the case either. That may be what is happening, but it isn't the only thing going on, as I'm very obviously getting a mix of issues. Also, so far I've refined 1,400 Rough Astral Diamonds today, which fits with absolutely nothing; I'm either running groups of two or four tasks.
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Doh, spent all day doing the missions at work and didn't get any reward :(
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Note down your refined Diamond total tonight (or whenever) before you go to work. That way you'll be able to tell if you didn't get any diamonds, or if you got them but they were auto-refined.

...hmm, might also be worth noting your current daily refining limit (mouse over the refine button) to see if, assuming it happens, this auto-refining is counted there.
  • martinschoumartinschou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually a great thing to do, which would also work against currency dupers, would be to implement proper accounting practices.

If the servers kept track of how everything was acquired, and did a quick book check with every zone change/log in/log out, dupers would be screwed, especially because the servers also know what has been generated.

Done properly, it wouldn't even be a burden on players or the servers, as the checks would be done on the fly against known good values from the last zone change/log in/log out. It would also allow you to easily verify or dispute claims of cheating, and it would allow random spot checks to try to ferret out unnoticed issues. These issues wouldn't necessarily have to be players cheating - it might as well be things like this, where there might be a deficit of Rough Astral diamonds, but a surplus of Astral Diamonds.

I'm honestly surprised every time I read about games that have issues with duping of anything, really, because the fix (to me) is so blindingly obvious, that it's been in use for about 500 years.
  • soupsaucesoupsauce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Decided to test this today.

Logged on to game and checked Rough Astral Diamonds, total was 335.
    Checked normal Astral Diamonds, total was 89,935.
    Logged off, logged onto gateway and queued up three "Protect Caravan".
    Waited till they were finished and queued up another three.
    Waited till those were finished then logged on to the actual game.

Checked Rough Astral Diamonds, total was 335.
    My normal Astral Diamonds total did not change and was still 89,935.

I lost 1200 rough astral diamonds. (Protect Caravan 6 times, 200 RAD each time = 1200 RAD)
    I will not be using the gateway for anything but profession xp missions.

This is a very EASILY replicated bug so PWE is clearly lying about not being able to reproduce it. I doubt they have even tried.

Do not use the gateway for any astral diamond quests.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed

"Protect Caravan" does not reward Rough Astral Diamonds through gateway.

Confirmed
  • h2ogatesyh2ogatesy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK so this is still happening, but I had a big weekend so I haven't had the time to show proof.

As of around 10 minutes prior to this post, 9:50pm my time, I have taken pictures of both my characters bags with the currency tabs open, showing the total ADs & RADs.

I will be completing as many quests possible over night and during the day tomorrow that "give" RADs. I will then take pictures again to prove that this is still happening.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not hard to reproduce. Can we get some acknowledgement that it has been identified and something is being done about it?
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks everyone! We're looking into it! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup I am missing a ton from last night and today.
  • kureiryukureiryu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue here =(
  • switchngcswitchngc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm this is broken as well... though I don't know if ALL of my AD collection failed as I did have some to refine, but not sure if I had some left over when I logged out. I do know I didn't get as many as I should have.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If I designed this system, I would not allow RADs to be gained through a web interface, as that makes it easy to automate. If it is intended, it should probably say so somewhere, though.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omfg i am out several thousand RaD's because of this :mad: I wouldn't be so upset if it were not for the fact that everything worth buying costs AD I mean holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I need 150K of them just to get a guild bank tab alone... besides all the other stuff i am trying to save up for!
    21.jpg
  • excusesexcuses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh :(

I was wondering what happened to my rough diamonds also, been using gateway from work to keep my chars crafting and was hoping to get some rough diamonds to colect but when i got home ... nothing.

I hope they fix it.
  • warmachine104warmachine104 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Is this a bot?
    I can list exactly "copycat" response on tons of bug threads.
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    I switched to doing leather at work and now i've jammed up all my slots as i don't have any inventory space left >.<
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Thanks but this needs an immediate fix. It's ripping people off and it's completely unfair to people trying to glean a little extra AD from their investment in the Leadership skill.
  • snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone needs to post this at the ENTRY to the GATEWAY THAT IT IS BROKE!!!! This is insane...I realize this is beta.... I do. But what I do not agree with is being ignored about the issue and nothing being done about it. There are probably thousands of tickets on it. Someone from customer service needs to start replying to us and offering some sort of compensation.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thought I would check the patch notes for the up an coming patch and to my sadness the RAD from gateway will not be one of the fixes. :(
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did two Protect the Caravan missions via the Gateway and claimed them via the Gateway. Logged in to check and found my 400 RAD waiting for me. I know it is from the missions as I made certain I had 0 RAD before I claimed the reward. I am running more tonight to check in the morning. I am keeping tabs on how many I do to compare. I will post the results here when I am done.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It works at least for some of the Leadership missions for me, but I admittedly have not tried the ones that crit for 3200 AD (I picked those up in the game), but Protect the Caravan seems to work for me.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh I get this bug. I make sure I refine them as soon as I can *if* I get them as they don't seem to stack if I have another task that comes in.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I did two Protect the Caravan missions via the Gateway and claimed them via the Gateway. Logged in to check and found my 400 RAD waiting for me. I know it is from the missions as I made certain I had 0 RAD before I claimed the reward. I am running more tonight to check in the morning. I am keeping tabs on how many I do to compare. I will post the results here when I am done.

i did over 100 protect caravans, it misses out sometimes that no ad is added to refine.
    so save your time, you don`t need to test.
    pwe should make a line in the page that it has that bug untill it`s fixed.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    i did over 100 protect caravans, it misses out sometimes that no ad is added to refine.
    so save your time, you don`t need to test.
    pwe should make a line in the page that it has that bug untill it`s fixed.

I completed enough of the protect caravan overnight last night for 2000 RAD. When I logged on, I had 0 RAD but, my AD count was 2k higher. It is auto-refining when you first log on. I performed each task on the Gateway using my Android phone.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still not fixed

Come on PWE get this alpha test at least stable!
  • groucho48groucho48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing is happening to me. Do half a dozen missions through the Gateway, no Rough ADs or change in ADs when I log in. The Refine button lists no RADs refined.

I tried finishing a mission through the Gateway while my character was online and the RADs showed up immediately.
  • rawsome83rawsome83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed this bug aswell and i had in mind it was unrefined ones too. Haven't tested it in a while though, as i'm not a fan of wasting AD, but i'm willing to test it if they're willing to fix it. any updates?
    Mayor of herp derp town.
  • miles342miles342 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, this just happened to me to. Tried about 8 Protect Caravan missions over my phone during the day, and by the time I logged on and collected the newest batch, I only had the rewards from that batch. The other 6 missions did NOT give me any RAD at all. Would really like a fix here guys, before it drives away anymore players.