test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When the game officially launches, how about fresh, new servers?

kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For those who would want a brand new start. I only have about 35-40 hours in this game. I have a 60, but that doesn't take very long at all, even playing 100% legit. (which is what I did, never even seen a foundry quest before) ...

Anyways, that's beside the point. Mindflayer, Dragon and Beholder are all 'shards' but essentially they are the same 'server'. Anyone correct me if/when I'm wrong. We all know there have been people exploiting the game in various different ways, whether it be foundry, quest-sharing, GF set, etc... And this tends to have an effect on the economy, positive or negative, people have different opinions of that.

People also have different opinions on whether or not a wipe is in order, and frankly, I don't blame them. If I had a founders pack, or maybe 150-200 hours logged in, full T2 set, then I wouldn't want a wipe either.

To appease both crowds, how about launching a new server when the official launch rolls along? People who have attachments on the current shard can just stay there, and newer people, or people who want out of the current server, can have their fresh, new start.

I'm sure there are pros and cons to this proposal, but I'd be one of the people tempted to actually keep playing this game on the new server, were it to ever come to fruition. But in it's current state, I doubt I'll be here much longer...

And you can go through my post history, I've been one of the whitest knights this forum has had.
Post edited by kimmurieloblodra on

Comments

• Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game IS official out. Don't be stupid please :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realized that Zen are ACCOUNT wide right?

So a new server wouldn't change a thing since players can just put all their AD into a pool convert to Zen and pull it on another server.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game IS official out. Don't be stupid please :)

I don't need comments like this in my thread please, tyvm. This is a beta, just like PoE is in beta. This game hasn't come out officially, no matter what you choose to believe.

Besides, I've been browsing a few threads and have seen a few of your posts. You haven't been around here for very long. This thread is aimed at the people who have been on these forums for over a year, alpha testing, CB testing, and have been following the games' development for a while. You just look like one of the guys who accidentally clicked on the Neverwinter Icon when you were meaning to log in to WoW.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »

So a new server wouldn't change a thing since players can just put all their AD into a pool convert to Zen and pull it on another server.

Just because something is programmed in a certain way doesn't mean it needs to be like that forever. Could be as easy as switching a boolean from true to false.

Just sayin' ...
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think when game goes "live" they will just be merging all the servers into one. This has been their plan all along after they increase the capacity for one happy world
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »

Actually, the Zen transfer architecture suggests that it could be locked by server. When you buy Zen and transfer it in to Neverwinter, there's a drop-down where you select the server that you want to transfer Zen to. In this case, there's only one option, but the fact that the drop-down exists tells me that you can theoretically direct Zen to a specific server.

That said, Cryptic loves their super-server architecture. I don't see them changing that any time soon.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just because something is programmed in a certain way doesn't mean it needs to be like that forever. Could be as easy as switching a boolean from true to false.

Just sayin' ...

Kind of like a certain set of armor is programmed to completely break the game when used but that doesn't mean it needs to be like that forever.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Shards will be merged into one Mega Server at a certain point. There will only be one server.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    they mostly like merge the server together soon
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You just look like one of the guys who accidentally clicked on the Neverwinter Icon when you were meaning to log in to WoW.
    '

<3 this one !! I'm new here myself, but this is great lmao.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't need comments like this in my thread please, tyvm. This is a beta, just like PoE is in beta. This game hasn't come out officially, no matter what you choose to believe.

Besides, I've been browsing a few threads and have seen a few of your posts. You haven't been around here for very long. This thread is aimed at the people who have been on these forums for over a year, alpha testing, CB testing, and have been following the games' development for a while. You just look like one of the guys who accidentally clicked on the Neverwinter Icon when you were meaning to log in to WoW.

It's not your thread, and you don't get to dictate who posts there. Or did you become a Mod when no one was looking?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Shards will be merged into one Mega Server at a certain point. There will only be one server.

I obviously know this. The three shards were just to handle the traffic for open beta.

Can you actually read the post, and not just the title, please?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    It's not your thread, and you don't get to dictate who posts there. Or did you become a Mod when no one was looking?

I asked him to stop posting non-sense in a thread I created. Take your atitude elsewhere
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I obviously know this. The three shards were just to handle the traffic for open beta.

How about reading my entire post. One server. There wont be more. Cryptic loves their Super server tech. ONE SERVER.
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with this. I suggested this in another thread , i dont know if you got it from there or came up with it yourself, in any way, we are in agreement.

There should just be 1 new mega server for new players, and exlude dragon, mindflayer and beholder.
  • Options
    xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those who would want a brand new start. I only have about 35-40 hours in this game. I have a 60, but that doesn't take very long at all, even playing 100% legit. (which is what I did, never even seen a foundry quest before) ...

Anyways, that's beside the point. Mindflayer, Dragon and Beholder are all 'shards' but essentially they are the same 'server'. Anyone correct me if/when I'm wrong. We all know there have been people exploiting the game in various different ways, whether it be foundry, quest-sharing, GF set, etc... And this tends to have an effect on the economy, positive or negative, people have different opinions of that.

People also have different opinions on whether or not a wipe is in order, and frankly, I don't blame them. If I had a founders pack, or maybe 150-200 hours logged in, full T2 set, then I wouldn't want a wipe either.

To appease both crowds, how about launching a new server when the official launch rolls along? People who have attachments on the current shard can just stay there, and newer people, or people who want out of the current server, can have their fresh, new start.

I'm sure there are pros and cons to this proposal, but I'd be one of the people tempted to actually keep playing this game on the new server, were it to ever come to fruition. But in it's current state, I doubt I'll be here much longer...

And you can go through my post history, I've been one of the whitest knights this forum has had.

First the game is already live. Open beta was only a tag they used for PR. The game, as listed on their own website, has the L for live tag. Not the O for Open Beta.

Second, the will be merging all the servers into one world some time in the future. So there is no chance for a new fresh sever at all.

Third, everything I've stated is a fact. You can not dispute these. If you don't agree, that is your problem, but this is what is happening.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The title is wrong and the post is full of self-righteous babble by a dullard who thinks calling a game WoW is an insult when their worst expansion's, worst zone's, worst daily quest make NWO end game look like Lego Star Wars.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How about reading my entire post. One server. There wont be more. Cryptic loves their Super server tech. ONE SERVER.

Again, same as the person commenting on the zen transfers ....

Just because something has been done a certain way in the past, doesn't mean that's the only possible way to do things. I agree with you, they won't go through with this.

These are message boards, where people posts their thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc...

This is mine.

Now kindly get the **** out and move on with your life.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Again, same as the person commenting on the zen transfers ....

Just because something has been done a certain way in the past, doesn't mean that's the only possible way to do things. I agree with you, they won't go through with this.

These are message boards, where people posts their thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc...

This is mine.

Now kindly get the **** out and move on with your life.

Thanks.

So you can post your ideas and thoughts and other bull**** but I cant? Communist
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I asked him to stop posting non-sense in a thread I created. Take your atitude elsewhere

And you don't get to kick people out of your threads either. If you want that kind of control, take it to a private forum.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    K, didn't think all I would get is rejects who have been here for 2 days and think they have it all figured out....

I've been around the development of Neverwinter for longer than you guys have even known it existed. I knew the shards would be merged before you guys even knew there would be 3 shards. If you would read the OP, you would see that I am just suggesting they start something like, 3 new shards, on a new server!

It's not that difficult to comprehend, whats wrong with you people?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    K, didn't think all I would get is rejects who have been here for 2 days and think they have it all figured out....

I've been around the development of Neverwinter for longer than you guys have even known it existed. I knew the shards would be merged before you guys even knew there would be 3 shards. If you would read the OP, you would see that I am just suggesting they start something like, 3 new shards, on a new server!

Im sorry what? Since when is November before May?
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013

The game is officially out despite any semantics you want to play with labels. Try not being a tool for a more positive forum experience. Open beta is a meaningless term and your idea of fresh servers makes no sense considering how cryptic games work. Welcome to F2P.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    meh, lost interest in this. You guys sure are dense. Worse than lol GD, and I thought that was the bottom of the barrel as far as forum IQs go
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I think you should start with some self-examination to figure out why you need to insult people you don't know.
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    meh, lost interest in this. You guys sure are dense. Worse than lol GD, and I thought that was the bottom of the barrel as far as forum IQs go

Yep. It's always everyone else's fault. Never your own right? This thread was doomed due to your lack of understanding of cryptic games and F2P games in general.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Cant even comment on how I have been around longer then you and may know what Im talking about?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gohlar wrote: »
    Yep. It's always everyone else's fault. Never your own right? This thread was doomed due to your lack of understanding of cryptic games and F2P games in general.

My first Cryptic game, for sure. I understand their arichtecture and the reason behind it. I don't agree with it, though, and thought mayeb there would be some like-minded people. Unfortunately, all I got was people regurgitating information we all know already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cant even comment on how I have been around longer then you and may know what Im talking about?

All you did was regurgitate basic information we have all been privy to for over a year. You brought absolutely nothing to the table, therefore deserve no comment after this one.

edit: next time try reading the OP, not just the title, before you post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OP do yourself a favor and stop replying so this badge of shame you have firmly attached to yourself can slide of the front page.