What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: Best MMO after WoW?

Comments

• Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What I don;t understand is if you do not think it is better than Wow....but you say it's just good...then that means you think Wow is better...yet you are here and not there...

...confused.
  • Options
    mal3fact0rmal3fact0r Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    It's a pretty good start, game wise, but the ridiculous cash shop and complete lack of dev communication will hold it back from reaching its true potential.

As it stands, it's a fun game to kill some time waiting on other releases.
  • Options
    ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty hopeful for Elder Scrolls Online and Ultima: Shroud of the Avatar.. Since WoW, i've played Aion, Ruins of Magic (f2p), GW2, Tera and several others. So far, Neverwinter is the only one that's given me that giddy feeling since WoW vanilla.

It's amusing to me all the negativity over P2W (which is laughable at best) as well as all the other entitlement whining. As such it provides me with tons of amusement reading the forums as well.
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    What I don;t understand is if you do not think it is better than Wow....but you say it's just good...then that means you think Wow is better...yet you are here and not there...

...confused.
    Read this:
    mal3fact0r wrote: »
    As it stands, it's a fun game to kill some time waiting on other releases.
    I think a lot of players started to play just because they wanted to try something new, but now they can see, that it is empty and overbugged inside. The only thing that it has is fan service and brand.
  • Options
    lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »

...confused.

Actually for me it's really easy, I played EQ at launch and loved it for years. I played WoW at launch and liked it for years. After so long I get MMO A.D.D. it seems and look for something new. I have played most MMO's that have been released sense EQ first released in like 1999. This is free so I play it for now, I won't invest a dime in the game because it's not worth it, but it's new to me so it's fine for now. That doesn't mean it's better then WoW was to me or DDO, EQ, CoH, GW, Vanguard, LotR, Rift... the list goes on. It simply means I'm willing to try something new, I can clearly see this isn't a game that's going to keep my attention long term.
  • Options
    grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    This is a fun game, and I knew what the design of the game was before I started play, so I'm not complaining about it. Having said that, for me personally, a game is going to have to have a huge open explorable world for me to crown it. This game is a lot of fun, but it's more like NWN3 with a really good multiplayer system, than a huge MMORPG that I can explore. That's fine, it's still a blast to play, but I'm not going to crown it the next big thing, it's more like the next really fun little thing.
  • Options
    barathian333barathian333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this isn't an MMO, there are no options for anything, same quests when you start a new toon, no new leveling areas, all the quests are the same. its just a train ride on the same tracks to the same destination.

this game is designed to take your real money , that's why drops rates don't exist for crafting, extra bags, no use for gold cept pots.
    but all in all, its a fun game, but its really lacking content atm.
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your implying with this poll WoW is / was the best MMO...

It's not.
  • Options
    jmg023jmg023 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really like this game and I'm enjoying it, but my fear is that I'll reach level 60 and just simply not have the money to pay for the things I need. It's really sad because I would 100% pay a subscription for this game - that would be much more affordable than the zen shop.
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmg023 wrote: »
    I really like this game and I'm enjoying it, but my fear is that I'll reach level 60 and just simply not have the money to pay for the things I need. It's really sad because I would 100% pay a subscription for this game - that would be much more affordable than the zen shop.

As long as you enjoy the dungeon runs, you dont have to pay for anything.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are several that I'd put over this and over WOW. UO, EQ, EQ2, DAOC, LOTRO before f2p, DDO before f2p, just to name a few. I enjoyed them all during their time more than WOW or this. Why not go back to one of them? a good games community moves on to other things sooner or later and the game isn't the same anymore, that's why I put "during their time". I enjoy this game but I was hoping for something better and I don't love it.
  • Options
    lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this isn't an MMO, there are no options for anything, same quests when you start a new toon, no new leveling areas, all the quests are the same. its just a train ride on the same tracks to the same destination.

this game is designed to take your real money , that's why drops rates don't exist for crafting, extra bags, no use for gold cept pots.
    but all in all, its a fun game, but its really lacking content atm.

What you said is the same thing I said about Rift when it launched. This game resembles that game to me in the fact that they both have some interesting things going for them, but ultimately the replay factor is low. Same starting location for everyone, only two character slots for free players, quest line the exact same from start to end for any alt you make. It's just lacking in replay value which is what makes an MMO work long term. This game isn't bad, but it's not going to be around long term without some changes. Not saying it will close down, servers will be running, but it will fall to the side with a bunch of other games that most of us played and moved on from.
  • Options
    inc0gnegr0inc0gnegr0 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    I just found out PSO 2 is actually out, but maybe it's different enough to not be in the same category.
    woh, what? The NA version? I just looked at website and didn't see it...
  • Options
    neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game has a lot of potential as it stands at the moment, but there is still a long way to go in my opinion before it can even compete with a lot of MMO's on the market at the moment.

Personally before the end of open beta i hope a lot of the issues are resolved, a couple of things i personally want to see changed is the mechanics in dungeons and soloable instances while levelling, ie the amount of adds spawned on boss fights, i've died way to many times to adds for it to be fun. I'd rather die to a funky boss mechanic than 20 or so adds. My main is a CW so i realise i'm a bit squishy, but still some interesting mechanics would be preferred over a lot of adds any day of the week.

I would also hope to see a rethink about how respecs are handled, i know there's other threads on here so i'll leave that there.

The final thing i can think of at the moment would be to have the ability to lock onto a specific target, to many times i've tried to hit one target and ended up hitting something else that got in the way, or my toon picking a random target close to the reticle.

But overall imo a fantastic start to NW, i just hope the community gets listened to and the best parts gets put into the game and it evolves into something that can seriously compete with the likes of wow.
  • Options
    inc0gnegr0inc0gnegr0 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neridium wrote: »

Personally before the end of open beta i hope a lot of the issues are resolved, a couple of things i personally want to see changed is the mechanics in dungeons and soloable instances while levelling, ie the amount of adds spawned on boss fights, i've died way to many times to adds for it to be fun. I'd rather die to a funky boss mechanic than 20 or so adds. My main is a CW so i realise i'm a bit squishy, but still some interesting mechanics would be preferred over a lot of adds any day of the week.

You're a CW and have trouble with solo instances? I maxed out without dying once on my CW and solo'd the entire time.(Not counting the dungeons of course) It was so easy.
  • Options
    balthezorebalthezore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The only MMO's that are worth mentioning after WoW, are Rift and GW2, NWO will be in the same pile of trash games like SWTOR in 2 weeks.

This probably, with lack of content and stuff.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    This is a good game but it isn't a MMO and if people would realize that they would see it isn't meant to be played as a MMO. Racing to 60 gets you nothing in this game.

Why would you choose WOW since it isn't even listed as a top best MMO anywhere?
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AFAIC, EQ2 is still the best MMO available, overall.

Sadly, $OE is a much worse company than Blizzard, which is the only reason I'm not playing EQ2. But honestly, NWO pales compared to EQ2, & I'm so far not impressed with PW's coding, so I might go back to EQ2 anyway.

As for Rift, you couldn't pay me enough to sub to that thing again. 2 months of wasted time, 2 months of wasted subscription fees, all for a game I dumped like a hot potato once I hit 50 & saw nothing left to do.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's no option to state that it is complete rubbish so the poll is biased.

The gamePLAY is good. The game, publishers, devs, and exploits make this one of the worst MMO's on the market.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it's simply good.

Also, it's a bit too early to judge. :P
  • Options
    biovitalbiovital Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    Anyone try Tera? It apparently has similar controls. It's the combat and controls of this game that has me interested, but never tried Tera before. Been curious about it though.

Tera is pretty decent.

NWO has a lot of potential but right now in it's current state, best ever? Not even close. So many bugs, exploits, balance issue, server issues, mechanic issues. Hopefully this stuff gets fixed but from reading the forums it seems like PW is very slow to get around to stuff.
  • Options
    toevan1toevan1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerdbane wrote: »
    No best MMO after WoW was City of Heroes.

Anyone who played it knows what i'm talking about...

You do realise that City of Heroes was first released on April 27, 2004 and WoW was released on November 23, 2004? And that means for those who knows that City of Heroes is PRE WoW :P
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    OP = console gamer playing first PC MMO.. He's smitten!

And ya fix your poll because you're coming off like a biased fanboi.

this game is good. I've been playing going on 3 weeks now. Level 45 will all blue/purp gear earned through questing and dungeon pugs. I figure I'll be 60 by this weekend. After that, I give it another month or less to work through "end game"

There's just not enough content in NWO for it to even consider being a best ever MMO. At best (sic) its' the best console RPG that's ever been sold as a PC MMO
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The choices you give are pretty skewed on the positive side, you offer no choices like:

No this is a standard fair mmo or No, it not that good or No, the game sucks etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Rift is a better mmo than this. It has a sub obviously, but it's undeniably a better game.
  • Options
    v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is good but it has too many flaws and exploit..such a shame
    Cause I do think this game has potential
  • Options
    iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vylker wrote: »
    Iam playing games since 1990, MMO's ten years now, I have tried almost every sub MMO, Neverwinter is gonna be a masterpiece!
    Give them time to fix some things, its still a beta. I can easily compare NWO in its current state with GW2, very easily.
    About WoW, well its too early to say but the competition is HOT...

You must be either:

1) Really high.

2) Mentally Retarted.

3) Trolling.

Im gonna assume 2.
  • Options
    errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    1) NWO is good.
    2) WoW is not a good mmo by most standards.
    3) The author of the OP seem terrible biased towards WoW

Anybody who voted should feel ashamed.
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) NWO is good.
    2) WoW is not a good mmo by most standards.
    3) The author of the OP seem terrible biased towards WoW

Anybody who voted should feel ashamed.

1) No, this is a below average entry compared to most AAA MMO, the foundry is its only saving grace.

2) No, WoW has undeniably more content and more diverse experiences than any other MMO (except maybe EvE). It has been constantly in development since it was released, and has a very fluid combat system and PvP. If you don't like it fair enough but "not a good mmo by most standards" makes you sound <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

3) Yeah those poll choices are pretty laughable.
  • Options
    errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    2) No, WoW has undeniably more content and more diverse experiences than any other MMO (except maybe EvE).
    In wow you can fish and collect stuff in the world unlike any other mmo. In Secret World (Edit: typo) you decode morse code and solve clever riddles. In NWO you can design your own dungeons. Was wow your first and until recently only mmo?
    It has been constantly in development since it was released,
    By that logic Ultima Online is a better game than WoW. But hey, maybe that's your opinion.
    and has a very fluid combat system and PvP.
    WoW had big problems with pvp. All from pvp and pve affecting each other negatively to the developers regretting introducing resilience. An attempt to fix the imbalance was the introduction of arenas by declaring that it was only balanced against team play. You may think it's fluid but that's just your personal preference. Most things become easy with practice and in the case of wow "and with a lot of addons."

If you don't like it fair enough but "not a good mmo by most standards" makes you sound <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    The game is great at exploiting factor that help get people addicted and it has been a good social platform for years. Objectively speaking it is reskinned old content with big imbalance issues. Subjectively speaking its heights were uldar, the substitute story for being a warhammer setting rejection is mediocre at best and if blizzards play their cards right there will be 5 more expansions for addicts to kill reskinned hellboars. I get it, you love that game but you're the foolish one if you really think WoW sets the standard for anything but being a cashcow these days.