test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: Best MMO after WoW?

13»

Comments

• Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf you say "after wow"

wow ****ing sucks
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW is not a good mmo by most standards.

What standards are you talking about? Please, be specific.
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    No, WoW has undeniably more content and more diverse experiences than any other MMO (except maybe EvE)

EQ2 says "HI!"
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vylker wrote: »
    godlike WoW

I question your perceptions.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    barathian333barathian333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FF7 should have been an MMO :( i miss that game
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gohlar wrote: »
    Rift is a better mmo than this. It has a sub obviously, but it's undeniably a better game.

What this cat says. Rift is a great game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iminers242 wrote: »
    You must be either:

1) Really high.

2) Mentally Retarted.

3) Trolling.

Im gonna assume 2.

Or how about English may not be his native language.

You sir get a massive -1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redlanceredlance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    NWO is a nice MMORPG, sadly it has too much of the wow mechanism. Fixed classes, holy trinity heal/tank/dps with roles fixed to class, equipment fixed for class, based on item gear-farm in instances T1-T2-and so on, combat is just like a tab-1-2-3 only you aim with the crosshair and not pressing tab. NWO could be a game better than WoW if Cryptic had developed a game really based on D&D and not a simply WoW-clone. Being a clone, it's good and with nice features (Foundry... uhm.. foundry... mmm.. foundry... if only Cryptic starts really working on removing foundry limitations and fixing foundry bugs)
  • Options
    heeeeeysaheeeeeysa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This poll makes no sense. The best MMO after WoW is any MMO because WoW was the worst one ever made. I don't get it.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow doesnt even compare to any mmo past or present it filled its niche and profited well off it they should shut up shop and devote some of their manpower to making a decent game d3 sucked i loved blizzard games before wow its like wow broke them i use to love playing warcraft 2 and diablo everything went downhill after wow only money orientated which is sad
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    okropniakokropniak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow still has the best end game I saw, even if ppl complain on no-life & "progress only" gamers it's really funny to try to kill next boss, to try to find the best tact to take him down etc.
    I was trying to join to few guilds in NW but... dungeons can be done each time you wish to - so even inside guild I get random ppl who just had time to do it, the "social" was really poor there, most of members focused on farm-farm-farm to get AD (not even items as they had them already), or to try new great bug's/glitches etc.... is it fun? guess for them yes... As I heard from few friends other guilds are not even better...

But - and it's big BUT - the game can be pain in the neck for WOW if devs add some bigger progress-like dungeons, or even raids as they gather more ppl together and closer, if they do something with ridiculous ZEN prices, if they remove some PTW glitches (as I understood from reading this forum some enchants are easy PTW way on pvp, or using fast horses etc)...

I wish to get some raid editor here - with possibility to programm bosse's behaviour, to force ppl to think about tact and using their abilities and remove this "moar dps" & "kite them as it's another zerg attack" part from boss killing.
    I really but REALLY wait for other specs to be added - esp my fav - Bard :) (was laughing few long minutes when saw first time bard - forcing ogres to dance...)

I know that some part of people hate even idea of raids, but this was the part I really enjoyed (not only on WoW) - it's my subjective opinion only :)

sorry for bad eng - still learning :)
  • Options
    fransbauerfransbauer Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's good. Not yet better than WoW, but that'll come when there is more content.
  • Options
    tytos02tytos02 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I voted the third option, but I wouldn't even give it a "good" rating yet. They would have to fix a lot of the issues they are currently having with exploits and hopefully adjust their cash shop a bit. I'd give it an "average" rating because I like the graphics and the gameplay so far is fun, but some of these glaring issues reduce my enjoyment a fair amount.

GW2 is probably my favorite overall right now. Rift is good, but I would also put LOTRO, the original GW, The Secret World, and even SWTOR over this game (for now).