test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: Best MMO after WoW?

vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Iam curious about your excitement for NWO, I found it simply amazing, after godlike WoW I think this title is the most enjoyable of all out there.

Vote!
Post edited by vylker on

Comments

• Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I voted, but those choices are terrible dude.

I know you love the game, and I like it too, but you need to be unbiased and put some negative choices in there. IMO, GW2 is currently the best MMO out there, even if WoW has more players. Why? Because of the complexity of a game like that. All of the different systems, and the amount of content that they have added in less than a year. They also handle their cash shop like studs. Granted, their vision on "progression" leaves a few things to be desired.
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GW2 is simply good imo, Neverwinter is the BIG surprise!
  • Options
    asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NWO is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game, get past level 10 before you make these pots and at the same time actually hit 60 first and oh wait.

http://gyazo.com/5285ba74ef32661ad49a55b5939d1dfe.png

Best MMO after WoW, ye!

The only MMO's that are worth mentioning after WoW, are Rift and GW2, NWO will be in the same pile of trash games like SWTOR in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My overall favorite is still the original Guild Wars series, I really like Neverwinter a lot and if it wasn't for the f2p model it would be a contender for first place, right now.

1. GW
    2. Vanguard
    3. WoW
    4. Neverwinter

I was so disappointed with GW2 :(
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hail no!!!
    We won't vote!!
    Hail no!!
    We won't vote!!

For real though, wow has had more time to develop all the tiny little things that distract you and keep you busy.
    It is wayyyy to soon to compare this game to wow, if ever,even.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Definitely wouldn't place it second. I don't think anything else out there is a clear winner and there is going to be more like EQ Next, ESO and Wildstar. I just found out PSO 2 is actually out, but maybe it's different enough to not be in the same category.

NW is great, but the graphics are in reality second rate. Not terrible, but not great and that alone will never put it in a real contender spot. It is however surprisingly decent and fun for what it is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Iam playing games since 1990, MMO's ten years now, I have tried almost every sub MMO, Neverwinter is gonna be a masterpiece!
    Give them time to fix some things, its still a beta. I can easily compare NWO in its current state with GW2, very easily.
    About WoW, well its too early to say but the competition is HOT...
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone try Tera? It apparently has similar controls. It's the combat and controls of this game that has me interested, but never tried Tera before. Been curious about it though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tera feels like an arcade MMO, not a big deal
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You are way way way too overzealous of this game. I really like it too. But the cash shop prices are turning people off, and in my opinion the lack of endgame content will do the same.

No, this game doesn't have nearly enough meat to it to compare to GW2, and it doesn't hold a candle to the success of WoW(even though I despise the game).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes I am cause I found in NWO nearly everything I want in an rpg MMO game, regarding the shop, yes maybe the prices are a bit high but this is adjustable
  • Options
    crysidiacrysidia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    Anyone try Tera? It apparently has similar controls. It's the combat and controls of this game that has me interested, but never tried Tera before. Been curious about it though.
    I played Tera for a bit. For me, it got way to grindy at the higher levels and the combat felt somewhat clunky. As for this, I couldn't put it on the level of WoW. Probably never can. WoW has had way more time to develop and honestly I could call WoW a better game just from my memories within it. No doubt, I love Neverwinter but there is still A LOT that needs fixed for me to really play it all the time.
  • Options
    lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vylker wrote: »
    Iam playing games since 1990, MMO's ten years now, I have tried almost every sub MMO, Neverwinter is gonna be a masterpiece!
    Give them time to fix some things, its still a beta. I can easily compare NWO in its current state with GW2, very easily.
    About WoW, well its too early to say but the competition is HOT...

I want what this guy is having.
  • Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too few choices, but still "it's simply good" was a good option for me
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Member Posts: 275 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any mmo is better than WoW. Its full of "elite" morons and "NO U" children.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    ludaka89ludaka89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it feel like gimped wow. My GF have every tanking skill wow warrior have, but cant use them all at the same time(exept dps skills, so leveling is pain in the behind). Also respec cost 2 week grind, so testing is impossible.

I ignore all the exploits and bugs, bacause they will be pached at some point(like they can repair the stagnation of the market thanks to people hoarding up to 200m -.- ), but still foundry is the only trump card that this game have.

Pve is boring, because its the same tactic for every boss. Pvp is stunfest that get get boring really fast.

Character control is horrible. (atack animations must not control the character movement and skill use)

Only good thing this MMo did right, was its release date. When there was nothing new in the market and everyone wanted some change.
  • Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any mmo is better than WoW. Its full of "elite" morons and "NO U" children.

You are late to the party. Bashing wow has been the "new" kid trend for the last year. Maybe even 2 years.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Only good thing this MMo did right, was its release date. When there was nothing new in the market and everyone wanted some change.
    Tera Rising and Defiance just came out. It's definately something more than the timeing. Neverwinter online has many flaws, maybe even so many that endgame won't be fun. But it is a very good game for now. We'll see.
  • Options
    gongstargongstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vylker wrote: »

You lie.
    You couldn't possible have that much experience and still hold this game in such high regards... unless you are mental.
  • Options
    nerdbanenerdbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No best MMO after WoW was City of Heroes.

Anyone who played it knows what i'm talking about...
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Member Posts: 275 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    You are late to the party. Bashing wow has been the "new" kid trend for the last year. Maybe even 2 years.

Very accurate post indeed. I tried WoW for the first time last week and was appalled at how people treat each other there. Even though I still have some time paid for I will not be going back. Neverwinter ( people making rude named toons aside ) is a much more pleasant game.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    non, star wars galaxies pre cu is still the best mmo ever made. Yep thats rights mmos where out before WoW.

In the future there will be one game, one game to rule them all. It will be called End Game =D
  • Options
    maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game is fun, but lets get real here. GW2, Tera, even SWTOR are all better, not to mention WoW. NW and WoW arent even in the same dimension when it comes to quality.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW was baby's first MMO, and it ruined the genre for everyone else.

EQ fanboy here.
  • Options
    vincirevincire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    non, star wars galaxies pre cu is still the best mmo ever made. Yep thats rights mmos where out before WoW.

In the future there will be one game, one game to rule them all. It will be called End Game =D
    I agree. I loved SWG Pre-CU. I loved Asheron's Call and Anarchy Online for a long time and haven't found an MMO yet that can compare. Both of these games came along long before World of Warcraft. I've always HATED raidcentric mmos.

In my opinion, Neverwinter is a good game for what it is. It doesn't offer much of anything that hasn't been tried before and I feel that the cash shop pricing structure and how PWE tries to monetize anything and everything absolutely disgusting. Still, the game plays well and does a great job in building a believable narrative and diversified environments. It's the cash shop I try very hard to ignore :)
  • Options
    vincirevincire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerdbane wrote: »
    No best MMO after WoW was City of Heroes.

Anyone who played it knows what i'm talking about...

I also agree with this. I loved CoX until they shut it down and I'm still puzzled as to why NCSoft did so. It's just another example as to why you shouldn't trust NCSoft and get attached to any of their products; they'll eventually pull the rug out from under you.
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Its not even good right now. At this time NWO is not even close to AAA MMO. A+? Looks like.
  • Options
    maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW was baby's first MMO, and it ruined the genre for everyone else.

EQ fanboy here.

EQ fanboy here too, but i actually realize that WoW improved every single aspect of EQ and added some more.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maxpoweryo wrote: »
    EQ fanboy here too, but i actually realize that WoW improved every single aspect of EQ and added some more.

I would disagree with that, but to each his own.
  • Options
    lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maxpoweryo wrote: »

Improvement is subjective really in this case. They made it easier, that's a fact, does that make it better? That's up to each player.