test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the auctionhouse

mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as it is now.
I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
Post edited by mikael74 on

Comments

• istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    Details? Explanations? Reasons?

Sorry i dont like it either , but complaining like that without forming any grounds on why it f*** someone mother is not going to make it better.
  • gingervitosgingervitos Member Posts: 275 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is there a need for such bad language?

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    details and explanations? No proper sorting to start.

Overall, it's an unfinished mess
  • forbiddenlakeforbiddenlake Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quality post, sure to get something done.
    The Starflyer is real!
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    It's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as it is now.

If you hate the game so much, why do you keep playing it?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »

Pretty sure they just hate the auction house.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013

PWE scammed $26 from me so I need to be playing until June 30th to get my money worth.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Pretty sure they just hate the auction house.

He has been posting complaints continually over the past few days.
    PWE scammed $26 from me so I need to be playing until June 30th to get my money worth.

If I don't like a form of entertainment, I tend to, you know, stop doing it. My time is more valuable than my money.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "i cant dont do know how to auction house so i post here go to try something to get done, fakjdfakjdfkjfakjfa;dfaj"
  • gingervitosgingervitos Member Posts: 275 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The OP's swearing aside the AH has some obvious flaws like being unable to pull out of bids. The original post was vague in the extreme but most will agree the AH needs some more work.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
    edited May 2013
    If you compare it to World of Warcraft's then this auctionhouse is just ****e... so much for nine years of innovation they can't even make it up to par with Blizzard... what game making clowns.

Cryptic = Clowns
  • jubbathehattjubbathehatt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Calm down, Princess.

Perhaps you need a new hobby, like knitting.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you compare it to World of Warcraft's then this auctionhouse is just ****e... so much for nine years of innovation they can't even make it up to par with Blizzard... what game making clowns.

Cryptic = Clowns

Auction houses aren't as easy to program as you think they are, especially with all the security that needs to be dealt with. (But then again, the problem isn't directly related to the AH, but more with the searching algorithm/functionality)

Also, I don't know where you got "9 years of innovation" from. 9 years yes, but no one's been innovating in the AH department, not even Blizzard.
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Auction houses aren't as easy to program as you think they are, especially with all the security that needs to be dealt with. (But then again, the problem isn't directly related to the AH, but more with the searching algorithm/functionality)

Also, I don't know where you got "9 years of innovation" from. 9 years yes, but no one's been innovating in the AH department, not even Blizzard.

World of Warcraft's auction house is excellent, Neverwinter's is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Neverwinter came out nine years after World of Warcraft.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Say what you will about the AH, it has a certain charm to it. Like that front page that points to the hilariously broken economy. Blue chest was 90k ~4days ago, 4k now.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

It's wonder he stays around
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    World of Warcraft's auction house is excellent, Neverwinter's is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Neverwinter came out nine years after World of Warcraft.

That has nothing to do with innovation though.
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    It's wonder he stays around

I would uninstall but I will get my $26 worth before I do which is probably after two months of open beta.
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    That has nothing to do with innovation though.

I meant that Cryptic has innovated nothing what Blizzard has done after nine years since the release of it's flagship MMO.
  • shiftyticksshiftyticks Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The filter options do not work. That may be what he is referring too. Kind of impossible to use.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't get an item after expiration date. The timer continues to count down to negative numbers.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited May 2013
    There are many things not working right with the auction house which should have been in working order when they got the game to open beta.
  • stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    lol at the poster that didn't pick up on the fact that:

There have been TONS of games that have released with a working auction house. this game, not so much. It's almost as if the devs on this game have never played an MMO before and had no experiences to compare their product to. Even that rolicking pile of steaming <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that was SWtOR had a better AH.

But then again, it's "open beta" right? lmao
  • sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    Everytime I see the OP post, it's some kind of foul thread or reply. While I agree with the AH, you could've said it in a better fashion.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »
    lol at the poster that didn't pick up on the fact that:

There have been TONS of games that have released with a working auction house. this game, not so much. It's almost as if the devs on this game have never played an MMO before and had no experiences to compare their product to. Even that rolicking pile of steaming <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that was SWtOR had a better AH.

But then again, it's "open beta" right? lmao

And you're playing it, lmao
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No need to swear about the Auction House; it is nothing like good enough to warrant the time to swear at it :P
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have not read all replies, but I think everybody can agree the auction is completely messed up.

It is just not finished piece of code.. You can tell then when the most simple thing is not working, the sorting..

Then the fact that everything is refreshed after you place your bid can tell you there was no QA hand in the auction yet.

And if there was any QA testing the auction they should be immeditialy fired :)
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No need to swear about the Auction House; it is nothing like good enough to warrant the time to swear at it :P

haha, good post +1
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the filter that allows you to search for a level range on the items. Also, up the maximum result limitation from 400. Currently, if you do a search for an item, and say there are 400 of the same item all at the lowest prices then it's possible to see nothing BUT that single item when you do a search. Case in point, looking for a Rare mainhand weapon for a GWF returns 400 listings for the level 16 blue club out of Cloak Tower because everyone has it listed up cheap and everyone and their mother has one. Obviously, this is not useful especially not when you are level 50.

We the players have to try and figure out workarounds for the problems inherent with this auction house. At a minimum fix the level limit filters so that we can search specific level ranges. Even for the times where a specific item hasn't flooded the market, it's terrible design to have to mouse over every result just to see the level of the item in question. Thanks.
  • loschtiloschti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GW2
    >WoW---->swtor
    >NW

This is only for the AH, I actually prefer the gameplay from NW over GW2 ;)