test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian set bug (1 shot everything)

ownd1ownd1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
so i was in a dungeon with a guardian,he 1 shot any normal/mini boss and 3 shot a boss,the reason behind it from what he said is the set piece bonus that when is triggered reducing the monsters def by 400 and increasing his,the bug from this bonus is making him on some kind of "god mod", i couldn't find the name of the armor but check it out ASAP
Post edited by ownd1 on

Comments

• crimsonsword88crimsonsword88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I can confirm the bug that the above user has posted (in fact, he may be talking about me...). The "Valiant Warrior" set bonus is currently bugged. As mentioned above, the set is suppose to give a 25% chance to reduce enemy defense by 450 and increase player defense by 450. Instead, when the set bonus triggers, the player does millions of points of damage to the enemy. Furthermore, any ally that hits the same enemy will also do millions of points of damage. An additional bug is that the affected enemy will do millions of points of damage to the player (guardian fighter) causing a one-shot. I have linked screenshots to illustrate the issue. Each screenshot is of me one-shotting a boss or mini-boss.

http://postimg.org/image/w903qsf6h/
    http://postimg.org/image/n8mwx3mtj/
    http://postimg.org/image/d6b7mutpn/
    http://postimg.org/image/y99n2s8mb/
    http://postimg.org/image/6xr4bdn8v/
  • empodoriempodori Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This needs a hotfix fast! Ppl are farming Castle Never 1 shotting bosses...
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    empodori wrote: »
    This needs a hotfix fast! Ppl are farming Castle Never 1 shotting bosses...

I\'m watching a stream right now that a party has such a GF exploiting and oneshotting everything in Castle Never :)

A rollback sounds good to for the economy of the game .
  • empodoriempodori Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't do a rollback when ppl spent real money for stuff... Just hotfix the **** set so players need skill and not a certain set to clear instances...
    edited May 2013
    Take down the servers now and fix this before this whole tier of instances and the economy is ****ed...!
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    empodori wrote: »
    Take down the servers now and fix this before this whole tier of instances and the economy is ****ed...!

Hate to say it but it already is. This is only one of the many exploits people have been doing, and they haven't fixed them yet.....

Servers go down in under an hour anyways.
  • kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    Hate to say it but it already is. This is only one of the many exploits people have been doing, and they haven't fixed them yet.....

Servers go down in under an hour anyways.

an hour? really? good
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Uh, another morning (for me anyway) in Neverwinter Bug Fest.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • ridrithxridrithx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So yeah, bug or not... The guy who posted the screenshots? Action should be taken against him. It's obviously a VERY serious exploit and rather he states 'it's their fault for letting it in the game' or not... He's obviously using that to his advantage. Those screenshots alone prove it. He's killing bosses/mini-bosses. I SERIOUSLY hope action is going to be taken against the GFs who are using the class and that set to power through content and farm loot.
  • topcattixtopcattix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ridrithx wrote: »
    So yeah, bug or not... The guy who posted the screenshots? Action should be taken against him. It's obviously a VERY serious exploit and rather he states 'it's their fault for letting it in the game' or not... He's obviously using that to his advantage. Those screenshots alone prove it. He's killing bosses/mini-bosses. I SERIOUSLY hope action is going to be taken against the GFs who are using the class and that set to power through content and farm loot.
    So you want everyone who has that armor set to be banned? what a care bar
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    topcattix wrote: »
    So you want everyone who has that armor set to be banned? what a care bar

That has nothing to do with a care BEAR.

If you would have read, he wants the people who have that set of armor AND are exploiting to face the consequences for cheating.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm this too.

I finished my Valiant set tonight after slaying the Mad Dragon (needed Helm) and when I went to the Pirates Cove T2 Epic I did the same thing that the OP is referencing to the first mini-boss... Got a Knight's Shield from it on a 4 hit slay. Definitely bugged.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

would it even matter what they farm w/ it next content patch all that gear will be uselss basically lol, 2ndly i think its the programming to blame someone made a goof
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    people doing this in pvp should be instbanned IMO. had a bunch of them doing it the last hour knowing servers were coming down to fix this.
  • prisc2prisc2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I disagree with you. You are jelous of him. Action should be taken against him? He should be commended for his good intention you moron!, The fact he post his SS without editing who he is, he is indeed reporting the bug! and not intentional doing the exploit! It is not his fault to do that high damages. What do you want him to do? Just sit there and watch? and forget playing because his gear set is bug?! Think before judging a player! The player's intention here is clean and helping the game, reporting bugs even to the point of endangering himself!
  • lyssyaralyssyara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This bug not fix!
    Servers up...
    STOP IT PLEASE, CRYPTIC!
  • zlendexzlendex Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still not fixed? geez why did i spend money on this game :mad:
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gg again cryptic
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I have reported this bug 5 days ago
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • lyssyaralyssyara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uriziem wrote: »
    I have reported this bug 5 days ago
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 11000
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 13600
    no comments ;)
  • crimsonsword88crimsonsword88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm... I should have replied to that thread instead of this one. :(
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I don t need exploit for play, I'm in a hardcore elitist guild and we have cleared all the epics dungeons in the game, I have reported this bug immediately ,but not on the forum, I sent a private tell to one dev and I did bug report in game, the cryptic knows exactly what's going on, with these posts were just doing publicity for this bug
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • martincreekmartincreek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don t need exploit for play, I'm in a hardcore elitist guild and we have cleared all the epics dungeons in the game, I have reported this bug immediately ,but not on the forum, I sent a private tell to one dev and I did bug report in game, the cryptic knows exactly what's going on, with these posts were just doing publicity for this bug

And we should keep doing it, because NOTHING has been done against it so far. Instead they fixed a **** BAG quest sharing bug.

This bug has been going on and been known about for 5-6 days now, and still not fixed.

Good job, cryptic.
    edited May 2013
    sorry, bro... but I dont believe you. Maybe you didnt, but your friends and friends' friends - yes.
    No matter now... This **** bug not fixed, critically exploit... not fixed...
    Too bad, cryptic. Need wipe.
  • micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is just 1 bug, but there are many more, and the patch notes are like:
    Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.22

Quests

The Clockwork Tomb and Doomguide's Duty quests have each had an exploit addressed.

Keep calm, in 2 months you will talk about the same bug here:)
    They got the money, now nobody cares:X so cute.
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
    edited May 2013
    So they took down the servers but didnt fix this...? GG
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, please fix this.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

...for one the OP and the guy posting the pics are not the same guy... He posted the pics to point out the thread is true; not to brag. Can we ban all the bosses and mobs then that heal off of the CW's heal rather then healing the players then...?
  • martincreekmartincreek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumping for some ****ing attention to this bug, cryptic - NO comments?!
  • soleonesoleone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They obviously don't care, theres a 90++ page thread about this out there and no official statement from cryptic/pwe...