test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 5-14-13 12AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everybody!

We'll be performing a maintenance this evening at midnight that is scheduled to last for about 90 minutes. (When is that in your time zone?)

Patch notes will be available here when they're available.

Thanks very much! :)

Update 1 (10:17PM): Patch notes are available!
Update 2 (11:59PM): We're now taking down the servers for scheduled maintenance. Estimated downtime is 90 minutes!
Update 3 (12:31PM): Shards are being prepared to be brought back online.
Update 4 (12:45PM): Shards are unlocked. Welcome back to Neverwinter and thanks for your patience! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    bluegrayfoxlbluegrayfoxl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fzoul Chembryl!
  • Options
    haranded1haranded1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^^lol:cool:
  • Options
    lichomancerlichomancer Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully y'all fix the issue with voice chat constantly going down.
  • Options
    moshpet02moshpet02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully there is an auction house fix, as it is the MOST broken thing in game.
    Seriously.

M.
  • Options
    lygerxlygerx Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    just wondering if we can make it so removing items from banks and guild banks uses right click instead of having to open inventory and having to drag the items we want to remove to it. atm wen i want to remove an item from either bank it wants me to equip it when i just want to remove the item.

also want to say best communicating with the player base ive seen on an mmo in a long time. keep up the good work.

oh btw can we plz get the patch notes added to the news section on the main site plz? it would help players out looking for them instead of only on the forums.
  • Options
    hirichiric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure there's lot on the to do list, I hope the various respec bugs (Foundry and ingame) got some priority ;)

Being able to mark a custom foundry module as "private" to test it ingame would be great! (also with no XP or drops, it's just for testing purpose).

Keep up with the good work!
    Topics: ▬► [FOUNDRY] [BUGS] Reference List and Workarounds

Modules:▬► "Mind Over Matter" NW-DNASR4HTL
    (beta v0.9 - improving dialogues, fine tuning encounters, 99% bug free)
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    One line in the Patch Notes?

6f7d7db4_350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg
  • Options
    lygerxlygerx Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    ^^ yea only 1 thing in patch notes???
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Really? Really? REALLY?

That's it?

You are ONLY fixing two exploits that put money back into PW's pocket?

You are not fixing the abysmally broken AH?
    You are not fixing the GF million damage exploit?
    You are not fixing the CW million damage exploit?
    You are not fixing all the broken spells/skills/feats for ALL classes?
    You are not fixing the AFK PVPers?
    You are not fixing the Cleric shield exploit?
    You are not fixing the XXXXXXX? I could go on and on, but why bother.
    It is obvious that you guys only care about Zen and anything that earns PW fast cash instead of how the game is handled.

Pathetic really...
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    It is obvious that you guys only care about Zen and anything that earns PW fast cash instead of how the game is handled.

Pathetic really...

yeah, because it's absolutely the better idea to keep it open so it crashes the market even more. how DARE they fix highly important stuff asap and not keep just in a month when EVERY POSSIBLE BUG IS FIXED?!?!?! (lol)

as you said:
    Really? Really? REALLY?
  • Options
    thirstmutilatorrthirstmutilatorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bzzzd wrote: »
    yeah, because it's absolutely the better idea to keep it open so it crashes the market even more. how DARE they fix highly important stuff asap and not keep just in a month when EVERY POSSIBLE BUG IS FIXED?!?!?! (lol)

as you said:

Are you high? You do know that GF's and CW's ruin the economy more than any other exploit right? A single GF can SOLO epic castle never you ****! Since all gear is BOE, dozens of items make it to market after each run through.
    I don't doubt the CW's can do the same thing with their set bug that allows them to hit for millions.

Having T3 epics go on the market > more harm to the economy than having a few prof items go on the market, and the free bags are BOP! So as was said, they are only patching whatever makes them lose money, and leaving the major bugs alone.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well played!
    Fzoul Chembryl!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    ideceddyideceddy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Really? REALLY?

That's it?

You are ONLY fixing two exploits that put money back into PW's pocket?

You are not fixing the abysmally broken AH?
    You are not fixing the GF million damage exploit?
    You are not fixing the CW million damage exploit?
    You are not fixing all the broken spells/skills/feats for ALL classes?
    You are not fixing the AFK PVPers?
    You are not fixing the Cleric shield exploit?
    You are not fixing the XXXXXXX? I could go on and on, but why bother.

Pathetic really...

^ is mad... this will most surly will be fixed. It takes time to get all the fixes coded and implemented
    i think its better that they put fixes as they are done coding them then wait and put them all out at one time at a later date with more of a chance for bugs.
  • Options
    debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy getting instances with 5 dps.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Separately, in case no one has noticed, these two ARE critical quests, which I would guess have a non-negligible impact on the AH indirectly.

(hint: recall what their rewards are)
  • Options
    basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    so now the people that bought off all the dragon eggs for dirt cheap are gonna resell for millions of ad...nice

a fix could of been character binding.
  • Options
    toolkit68toolkit68 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even if you are not happy with the sequence they are fixing things you should make a simple math calculation:

This is a company and not a charity. Without income they cant pay anyone to do any further fixing - so fixing major exploits for the benefit of their income is actually very fine with me. As usual its the people who never even coded a single line for a game crying out loudest about 'priority' etc - if you are not happy move on. Inflation of stuff doesnt help them as a company - nor does it help us as players. Its their project leaders who probably know best what is on the to-do-lists and how things are intertwined.

@Staff A fix of a major exploit like this is very much appreciated by every non-greedy player - so pls keep up the good work!
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well said Toolkit.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    prisc2prisc2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fzoul Chembryl!

very funny! ahaha! wrong section!
  • Options
    powamothapowamotha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude, it's a free open beta...calm down , wait, than play, dont bother...
  • Options
    lorddutchielorddutchie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have to agree with toolkit too. Free is free so do what they gotta do so we can have fun wit a good game.
    :)
  • Options
    wizomaticwizomatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny how everyone complains 24/7 (you are not fixing this? you are not fixing that) OMG they are not bowing down to me, doing what I said for them to do, How will you guys ever go on through life now?

Oh wait a minute, these are the same people who cry, ( why are the servers down, you guys stop tripping over the cords) So dang if they do and dang if they don't.

Why don't all of you babies go back to Pokemon, and let these guys do their jobs.

Here are a couple factors you might want to think about before running off at the mouth:

1) The game is in Beta
    2) The game is Free
    3) The world owes you nothing
    4) You do not work for PW, you do not know what they have on their to do lists.
    5) Try entering a bug report if you find something wrong.

You have to realize this is not the only game they have, and just how many reports do they get on a daily basis from all over the world, probably in the thousands, and I doubt they have enough people to deal with each and every one daily, so give them a break, they are doing a real good job thus far.
  • Options
    dreadheartdreadheart Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow, first was friday 5-10, then sun 5/12 and again 5-14 so that means next day will be 05-16.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wizomatic wrote: »
    It's funny how everyone complains 24/7 (you are not fixing this? you are not fixing that) OMG they are not bowing down to me, doing what I said for them to do, How will you guys ever go on through life now?

Oh wait a minute, these are the same people who cry, ( why are the servers down, you guys stop tripping over the cords) So dang if they do and dang if they don't.

Why don't all of you babies go back to Pokemon, and let these guys do their jobs.

Here are a couple factors you might want to think about before running off at the mouth:

1) The game is in Beta
    2) The game is Free

You have to realize this is not the only game they have, and just how many reports do they get on a daily basis from all over the world, probably in the thousands, and I doubt they have enough people to deal with each and every one daily, so give them a break, they are doing a real good job thus far.

so tempted to sig that list...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    ownd1ownd1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wizomatic wrote: »

1) The game is in Beta
    2) The game is Free

1.its a LIVE release,show me another OB mmorpg with such exploits and bugs
    2.so what if its free,that means they shouldnt fix the bugs,there are ALOT of games that are FREE and dont have such exploits or bugs.
    3.the world no,the company-yes,alot of people payed money because we expected a good game,not an exploit party.
    4.i dont need to work in PW to know that dmg bugs are top priority to fix,and if the guys at PW dont know that then...
    5.i did,a dmg exploit,guess what,no fix or answer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ownd1 wrote: »
    2.so what if its free,that means they shouldnt fix the bugs,there are ALOT of games that are FREE and dont have such exploits or bugs.
    3.the world no,the company-yes,alot of people payed money because we expected a good game,not an exploit party.
    4.i dont need to work in PW to know that dmg bugs are top priority to fix,and if the guys at PW dont know that then...

Well, not OB, an actual release, but D3 had horrible issues too. Granted fixed much sooner once known and etc. And they ARE fixing bugs, they're just not fixing all at one go. This patch fixed a bug for instance.
  • Options
    toolkit68toolkit68 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ownd1 wrote: »

Oh my - i am giving into my temptation and answer to that:

bullet1 : No one has to show you any other game because you are here and not there - so adapt to what you find here and stop comparing apples with oranges
    bullet 2: If there are - what keeps you here?
    bullet 3: If you payed for expectation you should consider rethinking your money spending in general. You spend for a clearly defined product and service - you just have to read properly
    bullet 4: You actually have to work there to have the slioghtest idea of what THEY consider a top priority - everything else is guess work or wishful thinking
    bullet 5: Answering each and every single report can be difficult if they receive a lot of them. Be patient and reward yourself for being an active user and dont wait for others to clap your shoulder for it

And since i mentioned reading - lets have a look at the frontpage here:

I0wytKhW.png
  • Options
    czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    toolkit68 wrote: »
    And since i mentioned reading - lets have a look at the frontpage here:

I0wytKhW.png

Take a look at the billing system, where it says LIVE. I don't care about the frontpage, I care about the billing system. The game lives or dies depending on whether people pay for it or don't. It says LIVE there, so if that's not the case every single person, who bought ZEN and transfered it to Neverwinter can use the chargeback procedure to get their money back anytime they want. Billing page > any other page. Simple.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • Options
    efioanaesefioanaes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FFS right at peak gaming time here in Europe, getting really sick of this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Take a look at the billing system, where it says LIVE. I don't care about the frontpage, I care about the billing system. The game lives or dies depending on whether people pay for it or don't. It says LIVE there, so if that's not the case every single person, who bought ZEN and transfered it to Neverwinter can use the chargeback procedure to get their money back anytime they want. Billing page > any other page. Simple.

Regards,
    Kalantris
    Only applies to founder's packages though. Purchases of Zen is not specific to Neverwinter, hence you have to prove that there was a misrepresentation of Zen, not Neverwinter.