test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

any word when the training tome's will be avialable ?

exterminosexterminos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i just went to the vendor in game that sells companions and on her second page there is training tome I , II, III and i have a maxed out cleric at 15, when you mouse over them it says coming soon ? any of the threads i was able to find about this subject were pre-open beta ....so any idea when they will be available since i really could use a healer higher than 15 since i am now 30 ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    seraphim521seraphim521 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buuuuuuuump
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know they're already in game for mounts so if they aren't in yet it probably won't be long.
  • Options
    dresden00dresden00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really want to know this as well. Having our companions limited to level 15 is highly annoying, not to mention we are wasting xp gained that they could be getting. Please put these tomes in.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dresden00 wrote: »
    I really want to know this as well. Having our companions limited to level 15 is highly annoying, not to mention we are wasting xp gained that they could be getting. Please put these tomes in.

Their ranks aren't quite the same as our levels. In general, they seem to correspond to about two levels each.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    dresden00dresden00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Their ranks aren't quite the same as our levels. In general, they seem to correspond to about two levels each.

Store bought companions like the cleric, fighter, and mage are all currently capped at level 15 (white). There are tomes on a merchant to level them to 20 (green), 25 (blue) and 30 (purple). But, those tomes are currently unavailable (they say Coming Soon).

They really need to unlock the tomes so that people in the upper levels can continue to effectively use their companions.
  • Options
    exterminosexterminos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    ya my frustration comes form the fact that currently i am leveling companions that are not as much value to me as a cleric, sure maybe down the road i will be glad i have them leveled but for now i really would like to make progress with my favorite companion and i can't......
  • Options
    seraphim521seraphim521 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump for an actual Dev response. I see this as a serious and needed question that requires an answer. The tomes are clearly already in the game since they can be seen on the Emporium merchant but say "Coming Soon" for price. These need to be enabled, especially as more and more people are nearing level cap. As people have mentioned, pretty much all pets except cash shop pets and founder pets are rendered pretty useless until these tomes are implemented.
  • Options
    zhaocore86zhaocore86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yknow what would be neat? if you STILL leveled your lv15 companion while retaining the lv15 max currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    M I N D F L A Y E R | D C | G W F
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I'll bump this. My cleric is rank 12 and going fast. I really hope these tomes comes soon.
    Yknow what would be neat? if you STILL leveled your lv15 companion while retaining the lv15 max currently.

Ahh excellent idea. At least that would be a way for Cryp/PW to 'tide us over' while they're working on it or something, so our levels do not go to waste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exterminos wrote: »
    ya my frustration comes form the fact that currently i am leveling companions that are not as much value to me as a cleric, sure maybe down the road i will be glad i have them leveled but for now i really would like to make progress with my favorite companion and i can't......

Same here, its not even that the heals are weak but more that she keeps dying in seconds and i'm always trying to revive her.
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I'll bump this. My cleric is rank 12 and going fast. I really hope these tomes comes soon.

Ahh excellent idea. At least that would be a way for Cryp/PW to 'tide us over' while they're working on it or something, so our levels do not go to waste.

They don't want to "tide you over". They want to grab as much cash from you as they can before people realize this is a half developed game with no long term plan or real content.
  • Options
    jimieusjimieus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Keen to know about this also - the wolf is ok, at least I can rank him up, but rolling as a Near 60 GWF, I really need to rank up my CLERIC!
  • Options
    tendmtendm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jimieus wrote: »
    Keen to know about this also - the wolf is ok, at least I can rank him up, but rolling as a Near 60 GWF, I really need to rank up my CLERIC!

Yeah. Honestly I'd rather it if my Guardian of the North pack came with a white version of the Dire Wolf and the Tomes to upgrade any companion I want to Rank 30. I like the Dire Wolf in group content but the Cleric makes solo stuff a lot more enjoyable. The only other option seems to be play for 360 days to get Angel of Protection.

[Edit: Sorry for the double post. The forums seem to be playing up for me...]
  • Options
    tendmtendm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jimieus wrote: »

Yeah. Honestly I'd rather it if my Guardian of the North pack came with a white version of the Dire Wolf and the Tomes to upgrade any companion I choose to Rank 30. I like the Dire Wolf in group content but the Cleric makes solo stuff a lot more enjoyable. The only other option seems to be play for 360 days to get Angel of Protection.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can we at least get a general time frame for when the tomes will be put in?
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I have to agree. Really needs to be added sooner rather than later and having them at least comment on it would be nice.
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP I have a GG avatar just like you :D

I gotta find the email Gary sent me when I asked him about the first neverwinter nights game and what he thought of computer rping :D

Holy moly over 11 years ago I sent him my questions.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yup, would love to see these manuals ASAP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    cybermarkcybermark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to level up my cleric companion too ASAP.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant come any sooner seriously
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna be 60 before they arrive seriously debating stopping playing till these are put in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much, painfully got 2 levels today after being out for two days and went thrue the same companion caretaking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, always waisting my time reviving the Cleric as if i am the healer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna be 60 before they arrive seriously debating stopping playing till these are put in.

I got to level 60 with a rank 15 Cleric companion. The best advice I can give you is around level 45 start buying a ton of health potions and stop trying to revive it when it dies during fights. It has no health and the AI has no sense of self-preservation, so in later boss battles it dies within 20 seconds. Unless you've got a long window of opportunity you'll take more damage trying to revive it than it'll heal. It quickly reaches a point where it's only real value is that it'll keep your health up between fights, but that's pretty handy.

I'd love to get hold of some sort of roadmap for the content rollout. I don't need dates but I'd love to know how many updates we're looking at before things like this become available. They're sort of important. =P
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wants. 10char
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't say they are useless a 60, Just they are more a hindrance than a help. They are just really stupid, As a Guardian she loves to stand between me and whatever I'm tanking and try to heal whilst getting cut down in 2 blows.

These training manuals cannot release fast enough.

An AI improvement would also be great.
  • Options
    ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a hidden option, you just open the cash shop and pay 55$ for each upgrade you need. Right now they want people to buy Cashop Shop companions so they are keep other options out. When they do release the book, they will only be about 30$ each. This is PWE not a good gaming company.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hidden where or was that sarcasm ? i checked every category only place i have seen training tomes is 'coming soon' at the vendor that sells companions
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hidden where or was that sarcasm ? i checked every category only place i have seen training tomes is 'coming soon' at the vendor that sells companions

He was being sarcastic implying PWE wants you to buy their cash shop companions.
  • Options
    cireous04cireous04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gimme the tomes.

Stop being greedy Perfect World.

Stop it now.
  • Options
    jubbathehattjubbathehatt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Greedy?

Servers cost money to run, and you can play this game 24/7 for free.

Also, it's still in BETA.

Stop whining.