test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Group system is Major fail

124»

Comments

• Options
    bubbabinskybubbabinsky Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    cikala78 wrote: »
    Interesting. I've seen several people mention that PWI is still in beta, despite that beta starting in 2008. Wikipedia lists that open beta date as the launch date, and I can't seem to find mention of any other official launch date. I'm not personally familiar with other Perfect World games, and am not going to bother to research them just in an effort to prove your statement wrong, but maybe you could provide us with the official release date of PWI? I don't expect you to admit that open beta is just an excuse, but frankly, posting that excuse as a representative for Perfect World for completely broken mechanics of major features that any other MMO would have working by the time they hit open beta is mind-boggling.

Well, any recent game, that is. It is easy to take PWE's first game and use it as an example. Of course, that information is quite outdated. Also, mods are not representative of PWE by any means. It states clearly in the generic PWE forums RoC that we have no obligation to represent PWE or its views and opinions. I ask that you do not compare my thoughts to PWE's or give harsh judgements to PWE for my opinions.
    aislingi wrote: »
    Two words SOFT. LAUNCH.
    There will be no wipe, you're taking money (lots of it), you're charging for respecs.

You see, normally open beta would be a period for testing, but not for this game. This is just early access with a built in excuse for doing a poor job.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying major systems are actually being looked at?

Besides, this is the kind of stuff that should have been ironed out in CLOSED beta. But considering your company took CBT and reduced it to payed for publicity stunts, and limiting it to a few paltry weekends, you proved that feedback and fixing major issues is something you are not interested in.

And knowing Cryptic's history, do you really expect any of us to believe that they are hard at work on fixing ANYTHING? Other companies manage to apply major fixes on a semi-daily basis. What has been fixed so far on NWO? Thank goodness you got those Foundry exploits underwraps in record time though, right?

Hell you can't even be bothered to communicate with us, on any real level. Even now, you'll probably either ignore me, or delete this post. Rather than admit that posting "its beta" is about as meaningful to this game, as posting nothing at all.

I'm not doing any of this. As stated above I am not PWE nor am I obligated to represent PWE's views and opinions. I'm not here to argue, and obviously your opinion differs from mine, but it is still official that Neverwinter is in open beta, whether you accept that fact or not.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    This is not a beta. This is a launch.

Something something "quacks like a duck" something something.

If characters do not wipe, then it's not a beta, plain and simple. These are not "test" characters, and we are not using "test" Zen. We are playing our final characters, paying for real Zen, and everything we do on our account is permanent.

The game has launched. The only thing they are currently "testing" is how many fools are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a game that managed to completely skip the final phase of beta. Good job, everyone, proving to the devs that they don't have to put out a finished and polished product to rake in mind bowing amounts of cash.

-Travail.

';,,;'

• Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but this is still open beta?

Why the devs let such thing as one-shotting the last boss with the T1 Guardian Fighter set ,exploit fly? Answer me this and I'm good to go back to the game .
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow this thread is going so off topic it is fracking ridiculous, even a community "mod" is dragging it off topic.

Why not just lock the fracking thing ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    undeadrebelundeadrebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is crazy how entitled some of you sound,its open beta i have played fully launched games that have had it worse than we do,a few outages and some silly bugs most of which were fixed pretty **** fast...none of you have the right to tell a developer how to run their beta
  • Options
    undeadrebelundeadrebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so you're advocating stealing proprietary code from other companies,you can't just copy and paste someone else's design into a game that is clearly trying to evolve the trinity instead of remake the same thing we have played over and over again,puzzled traps and a more diffrent battle system require a different approach you can't fault them for working out the kinks in THERE OPEN BETA.
  • Options
    roadawg420roadawg420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My buddie and are arent able to see eachother and i have no idea why.. any idea's
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This topic has got way off topic :/ And I didn't get my question answered.

How do I go about in the 'O' screen putting a message against what I am trying to do in that screen? It doesn't let me write in anything in there. I suspect it won't unless I actually have one other party member.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    fenrir2014fenrir2014 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cikala78 wrote: »
    I am so sick of seeing this excuse, and to have it come from a Mod is just too much. The fact is, the ONLY difference between an 'open beta' and launch for a F2P MMO is the excuse. Open beta means the game is nearly ready to go, and just needs to be populated by a larger number of people at once than alpha or closed beta allows to expose bugs that a small population won't find. Having the group finder not assemble proper groups with the proper classes is NOT such a bug. Nor is the auction house ignoring the filters you set and not sorting when headings are clicked. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this game very much so far, but some of these larger 'bugs' are inexcusable for a game in the open beta stage. Is there even a release date set? A true open beta typically only lasts a couple weeks, not indefinitely, and are completely free. Open betas like this? They're just an excuse as to why things don't work right while still taking the player's money.

Youre wrong here dude. Publisher has few options. 1.Polishing for months his product spending tremendous money(every day the game doesnt come out is a loss) - the blizzard way. Its great thing but costs a lot for the end user. 2. Publishing somehow ready product with enourmous amount of patches and negative feedback. 3 polish the game with players - beta, open beta stage. The rhird is most annoying and timeconsuming for gamers, but cheap way. For f2p game the best option.
    Every downtime, every crush, every disbalance is for us to explore, help to correct and enjoy being part of it.
    I'm not making things romantic, developer wants money. He needs to eat. But whene i can give him cashflow by spending my time, i like the idwa and ready to enjoy. Thx