test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The game economy is completely and utterly broken

yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Something needs to happen. Either all the exploited level 60 epics need to be removed and the exploiters banned (lol good luck with that with current customer service staffing levels) or it needs to be all obsoleted with new gear and harder content. Right now the situation is completely and totally borked.

You know something is deeply wrong with the economy of a game when level 30 blues cost more than level 60 epics.

Preferably the new gear should also be BoP so it can't just be xploited and sold again.
Post edited by yukishiro3 on

Comments

• vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nothing you can do about it...but hope that with 1% chance that they will fix it.
  • pandergospandergos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »
    Something needs to happen. Either all the exploited level 60 epics need to be removed and the exploiters banned (lol good luck with that with current customer service staffing levels) or it needs to be all obsoleted with new gear and harder content. Right now the situation is completely and totally borked.

You know something is deeply wrong with the economy of a game when level 30 blues cost more than level 60 epics.

Preferably the new gear should also be BoP so it can't just be xploited and sold again.

Most leveling gear does cost more then level 60 gear. As the end game gear has been farmed a lot already and the items have spammed the AH making more of them, thus making them cost less and less.

I leveled my 2nd toon yesterday and I went from new level 60 to having 9.7k GS within 20 minutes and I only spent 100k AD.
  • vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pandergos wrote: »
    Most leveling gear does cost more then level 60 gear. As the end game gear has been farmed a lot already and the items have spammed the AH making more of them, thus making them cost less and less.

I leveled my 2nd toon yesterday and I went from new level 60 to having 9.7k GS within 20 minutes and I only spent 100k AD.

Wow seriously? 100k AD for 9.7k GS O_o
  • whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Nothing will happen. This is the economy.

I'm not sure why you think it is broken though.

I wouldn't think an economy is broken if there is a set of gear that is hugely desireable being sold at an inflated price because people are willing to pay that price versus gear that is only moderately desireable (or, realistically, not wanted at all because people already have it) being cheap.

In this situation, lots of players are leveling up and I would suspect that the majority of players are in their "mid levels" (30-40) so there is a lot of interest in mid-level gear. Only a few players are at 60 and those who are there are getting their own gear through their own efforts so why buy it from the Auction House?

Plus some of the people who have made it to 60 are leveling up other characters and just buying their gear from the Auction House which is driving up the already inflated prices seen there. So, is the economy broken as such or is it working?
  • jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    Wow seriously? 100k AD for 9.7k GS O_o

Give it a month and you'll be able to buy a full set of epic gear for 5k.
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    If they don't fix the main sploits for another 2-3 days it'll cost you 20k to get a full set of level 60 epics. :rolleyes:
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I said this a week ago. Apparently, I don't know s**t about the auction house. :>

Economy is unf'd. Influx of 60s = lots of dungeon grinding = more very rare items hitting the auction boards (t1s mainly) = epic items sold cheaper, and cheaper, and cheaper as more people get to lv. 60 and farm those dungeons then lowball another seller.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pandergos wrote: »

Bull**** meter detected. Sure it's not hard to get epics at 60 but you didn't go from greens to 9.7 with 100k. Lying doesn't help the cause.
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    You might want to check the AH recently. Every day prices go down by about 15%.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    Bull**** meter detected. Sure it's not hard to get epics at 60 but you didn't go from greens to 9.7 with 100k. Lying doesn't help the cause.

Actually, I know somebody else who did right about those same numbers. I think he spent 150k.
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

He's not wrong,

I bought a complete set of Indomitable Gear for my Tank for around the same cost. there are other set gear items that are priced much higher. Wizard and Rogues gear seems to be the highest priced gear. but its not impossible to buy gear at that cost.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    He's not wrong,

I bought a complete set of Indomitable Gear for my Tank for around the same cost. there are other set gear items that are priced much higher. Wizard and Rogues gear seems to be the highest priced gear. but its not impossible to buy gear at that cost.

The only gear worth spending AD on is jewelry and belts. You can do a full set of pvp epics in ~6-8 hours.

Edit: actually Pirate King loot is crazy cheap too. T2 sword for 3000AD!
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    I don't think people quite realize the pace with which exploited epics are coming into the game right now. There are dozens if not hundreds of people doing nothing but farming dungeons for 6+ hours per day oneshotting the bosses using the stat stacking exploit. One stat stacking sploiter can easily list 20+ epics per day.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is supply and Demand. There is a HUGE supplier right now (those who are 60) and trying to cash in the AD before the market drop. Since all epics are BoE, I figure the price will continue to drop since currently Supply Exceed demand (hence level 60 item cost LESS than 30)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
    edited May 2013
    The first time I looked at the AH, the recommended gear included a blue chest piece for 90k. That same chest now shows up recommended at 14k :D. This was over the course of 2 days.
  • stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    The first time I looked at the AH, the recommended gear included a blue chest piece for 90k. That same chest now shows up recommended at 14k :D. This was over the course of 2 days.

is that Ethereal Joe from PS2? ^^
    edited May 2013
    The only gear worth spending AD on is jewelry and belts. You can do a full set of pvp epics in ~6-8 hours.

Edit: actually Pirate King loot is crazy cheap too. T2 sword for 3000AD!

That's cause people were exploiting him left right and center
    edited May 2013
    That's cause people were exploiting him left right and center

Were? Oh nice, he got fixed?
    edited May 2013
    Were? Oh nice, he got fixed?

My bad they still are. The profession box exploit is still there too so unlimited rare profession materials going around. And of course the 1 hit kill GFs running around too. Pretty sure there are more.
  • whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Why not? As of today at around 3:30pm Eastern there were lots of level 60 purples with buyouts of 5k AD. Anything over 5k wasn't selling. Heck, items with only hours to go on their auctions didn't even have bids on them if they were above 4k starting bid.

I figure the level 60 purple market will totally crash with items going for ~2k AD each.
    edited May 2013
    whiran wrote: »
    Why not? As of today at around 3:30pm Eastern there were lots of level 60 purples with buyouts of 5k AD. Anything over 5k wasn't selling. Heck, items with only hours to go on their auctions didn't even have bids on them if they were above 4k starting bid.

I figure the level 60 purple market will totally crash with items going for ~2k AD each.

I'm curious to see what, if anything, PWE does to address this kind of thing. Castle Never loot won't sell in the 10 mil range if you have to sell 2000 crappy epics just to afford the prices.

I suppose it's actually nice, the p2w economy is going to largely disappear since 3-20k AD prices are well within the range of any player without spending a dime.

Zen is going to be largely cosmetic and mount oriented. Who knows, this could be glorious.
    edited May 2013
    Actually that's true. If epics are super cheap and easily attainable through small amounts of AD, it's no longer pay to win and would balance everyone and people would run dungeons just for fun...although that might not be everyone's preferred playstyle.
  • syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Well, that teaches me to go shopping for gear on the weekends... There wasn't a single piece for my Cleric for 5k on the AH yesterday.
    edited May 2013
    Uh... who runs these abominations "for fun"?

Maybe if you play a DPS class. For a cleric, there is nothing fun about running around in circles putting hots on yourself while you wait for the CD on your knockback to come back so you can knock back the trail of 30+ adds running after you for 1 second before you have to start the kite again.
  • syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Actually that's true. If epics are super cheap and easily attainable through small amounts of AD, it's no longer pay to win and would balance everyone and people would run dungeons just for fun...although that might not be everyone's preferred playstyle.

I'd love to run dungeons for fun. However, everyone rolling need on stuff they can't even use, kind of ruins the fun a bit. Can't wait until all my gaming friends hit 60 (had one slacker that just started the other day) and we can just do our own runs.
  • tsakmir11tsakmir11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I wish cleric items were that cheap. On the Beholder server all purple cleric items are 50k to 90k AD.
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »
    Uh... who runs these abominations "for fun"?

Maybe if you play a DPS class. For a cleric, there is nothing fun about running around in circles putting hots on yourself while you wait for the CD on your knockback to come back so you can knock back the trail of 30+ adds running after you for 1 second before you have to start the kite again.

I'd actually like to try running a dungeon with two clerics with the same heal power to see if we could ping-pong the mobs back and forth across the room. :)
    edited May 2013
    But most people run dungeons for upgrades though. If you just buy everything on the AH...And people mostly need on everything so they can sell it on the AH and buy their items.
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy the dungeons when I don't have to wonder which ******* is going to grab at some GF gear.
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy the dungeons when I don't have to wonder which ******* is going to grab at some GF gear.

You should just need on everything, sell it, and get your GF gear from the AH. It's what everyone is doing these days.