Install Arc
Options

2 am- no one will ever see this, but it is a testament to my surprise

2»

Comments

• Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This will never be a massive game, the business model makes sure of that. Selling power is still frowned upon by the western market. Yet I have little doubt that it will be a success. This is a low to medium budget game, so it won't need a huge amount of players. A shame none the less because it could have been so much more.
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The wizard in the cinematic actually looks more like a warlock to me.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alandoril1 wrote: »
    The wizard in the cinematic actually looks more like a warlock to me.

omg I want my money back.
  • Options
    nesh666nesh666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nismu wrote: »
    well for the rooted while casting they had a good reason and have to say i think it brings some feeling to fight.
    if they had made it attack while moving they would have had to make enemies attack really fast so dodging attacks wouldnt be trivial. with this system it is more about choosing between attack or avoiding.
    (added bold)

Dodging should not be trivial, or what's the point.

Even with all clicking around it just "feels" like stand and mash buttons setup -- they have nice idea but they did not finished it making combat (more or less) static. Remove rooting and it will be one of the best I saw.

Also, to not be totally negative: I like theirs idea how crafting should work but, sadly, (as most of other things) cash shop pushed it into something totally different.

I'd totally pay for it in B2P model (with real cosmetic only shop) but, with current state, I may play around a little, not even considering putting any money into it as that's the "strongest" vote we, customers, can use.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Glannigan casts "Holy Word" on this thread.

The utterance of a Holy (Unholy) Word has tremendous power. It drives off evil (good) creatures from other planes, forcing them to return to their own plane(s) of existence.
  • Options
    kurtz0619kurtz0619 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Guys, don't bash the cash shop...they will swing the banhammer ;) This is not a democratic forum lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And don't mention Trolls, because talking about trolls is trolling and if you troll by mentioning trolls swift justice will be dealt!!!!!!
  • Options
    spazzenspazzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Glannigan casts "Holy Word" on this thread.

The utterance of a Holy (Unholy) Word has tremendous power. It drives off evil (good) creatures from other planes, forcing them to return to their own plane(s) of existence.

**** you're annoying bro. If I were a mod I'd ban you a long time ago for coming to thread after and being a total pooper, posting this ****
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spazzen wrote: »
    **** you're annoying bro. If I were a mod I'd ban you a long time ago for coming to thread after and being a total pooper, posting this ****

I happen to enjoy his posts....just because you have no sense of humour nor any sense of the theatric doesn't mean others do not.
    Why would a mod ban him for a post which is in line with D&D?.
    Wrenaq casts entangle on spazzens keyboard and hands to try and stop the tripe he types.
    :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    I happen to enjoy his posts....just because you have no sense of humour nor any sense of the theatric doesn't mean others do not.
    Wrenaq casts entangle on spazzens keyboard and hands to try and stop the tripe he types.

I love it Wren!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

trolls loving trolls
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is he trolling? or me? you do know that calling people trolls in this forum is not allowed....
    Jesus give this person a sense of humour please....or Spaz just don't reply eh?
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is he trolling? or me? you do know that calling people trolls in this forum is not allowed....

It's not trolling. It is, however, a violation of the forum rule that says posts must be on-topic. (You may argue whether or not it's on topic - IMO, it's no more on-topic than "Bumping for justice" and the ilk.)

However, that forum rule isn't strictly enforced, as evidenced by the fact that most of us are still here.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is nothing like tabletop D&D. Not 1ED. Not 2ED. Not 3 or 3.5. Not 4E.

Just how would you program a tabletop, turned based, D&D game that was fast paced? I remember the few that were created in the early years of computer games and they were slow. I can just see the QQ in the forums about player who take forever to finish their move turn. Players would go to sleep in PVP and matches would take hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

humor?

darn I'd be rich doing my stand-up comedy sketches for you
  • Options
    debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    game has a lot of potential. The idea is to act now and not let it fester.