test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review trading of new quest

offstudiooffstudio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello all, I have recently published my first quest which is also an intro to join my guild. I could use more feedback and I am willing to trade reviews for your quests. Please list your info to match mine so that I may find your quest and let you know what I think. Thanks a bunch.

Title: Order of the Five Flights: Intro
Code: NW-DJIL95DV2
Author: @offstudio
Post edited by offstudio on

Comments

• strainzedstrainzed Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I left a review for you. I like the story so far. The house at the beginning was well done.

My dungeon:
    T: Witches Brew
    C: NW-DKWBQE64E
    A: @strainzed
  • odoofmetzodoofmetz Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Escaping the King of Ghouls - NW-DALP70L5M
    by: @odoofmetz
    Tag: Combat
    Sub Tag: Story, Crypt, Outdoor

I will review yours if you review mine.
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will review your quest, maybe in exchange you could review mine.

Name: Resurrection of Xunvrae (part 1 of 4)
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Code: NWS-DNNZST5FJ

Tag: Story, Comat, RP
    House Arken'etts' has a long history of producing the finest wizards throughout the Underdark. Since the spellplague ravaged the planes, house Arken'etts' power has been vastly diminished.

Sin'Afay Arken'ett has enlisted your help in restoring the once proud house to its former glory.

Treachery and torment will be your companions during this campaign, taking you from the darkest crypt's deep enough Torils' surface to planes of nightmare and legend.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • daezodaezo Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Always willing to trade reviews!

Mine is:
    Bringing Truth to Words
    NW-DDE386E52
    to view foundry quest click on campaign name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That was fun. Done with lv47 Control wizard.

Comments
    * In the first house there are some pieces of cloth floating on nothing.
    * If you reach paperpusher before killing all the kobolds he's just standing there. Maybe add some dialog along the lines of 'There's still more of them out there, kill them and we can talk safely ect.'
    * In the first large room of the severs one of the piles of rubbish clips through the floor.
    * In the first large L shaped room, right after the bend of the L there is pipe floating without touching the pillar. You can just see that it's floating if you line up right. Made more obvious by the fact that the water is flowing between pillar and pipe.

All in all, very nice. I don't know very much about the lore of forgotten reams ect but you seem to be going to an interesting place with the plot. I've subscribed for the next installment.

And here's mine...
    @lostcharta
    The Linkwell Crypt
    NW-DIRYOWUKY

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About to give it a go and will post comments in a minute.

Mine is

The Three Dials
    NW-DMEWA2PW3

Story quest, duration circa 15 minutes.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • pilatorpilator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pilator presents professional, long story storyline, with two endings, adventure consists of six maps, with interesting characters, dialogue and plot twists ...
    "Return to Neverwinter"
    (ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Hello all fans of Neverwinter!
    I'm pilator, and this is my first map Foundry. I hope that the story and the gameplay you'll like it. I tried to map was prepared for a really professional. Did I? I'm curious about your comments and feedback :)
    Enjoy!

STORY:
    Your name is Argon, you're a former hero of Neverwinter. Its title earned by the defense of the city, defeated the last of the family golden dragons Aldur who wanted to destroy the city Never. For unknown reasons shortly after the victory, decided to go into the unknown. People, however, always remember your name, and believed that one day you will return. It's been 11 years, and you come back to Neverwinter to see how to hold on to things. It's not good, the city returned to the Victoria - once queen golden dragons. Argon will face an important choice.
    ===
    ===
    WHAT IS IT? - Map offers a rich, role-playing adventure. Map and NPC are customized, maps were created in 3D mode (independently set). MAP HAD GOT 2 ENDS! I can guarantee you that by this adventure will not soon forget :)
    FOR AUTHOR: I apologize for any grammatical errors! Trying to my English was the best I can be :) Enjoy the story!
    MINUTES: 30-1h
    PLAYERS: 1-3max
    ===
    ===
    MAP VERSION:
    1.0 - oryginal

DANGER! - Click on a sentence in my signature "Return to Neverwinter" to move to the topic dedicated to my own map and give me your opinion on the map

Very happy to Review your map, write the ID on a piece, I'll play and then let you know.
    "Return to Neverwinter"

(ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Role novel about a former hero of Neverwinter, who returns ...
  • maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Played, rated and reviewed in-game.

Now it's time for some details.
    First of all the setting and the storyline are great. I honestly have nothing else to say about the story or the environments other than they are well made and fit the atmosphere and theme.
    The conversation with the Dwarf has its fair share of humor mixed in with a very...dwarvish accent.

I liked the positioning of the first campfire, in the house.
    The second campfire (the one in the sewers) is in the ground. If that was intentional or not, I don't know, but I thought that it might be a good idea to mention it.
    Speaking of the second campfire, I liked how you are able to open the door from the other side, giving you access to the campfire half-way through the mission.
    The map layout is natural and doesn't feel confusing or too linear.

Ditz, the Kobold...what a mysterious fellow...

The combat is well integrated. The encounters didn't feel unnecessary or impossible - they were just right.
    Honestly there is little I can suggest that can improve the current quest. Perhaps some more traps? Some side rooms, more characters like Ditz that you find in the sewer etc.

Anyway, great job. I am really impressed with how this Kobold-themed map turned out. And I am curious to see the continuation.

In my case, my quest is called Path to the Underworld and it is the first chapter of a campaign called Ignum.
    I am curious to see your opinion on it and any feedback is appreciated.
    NW-DA4N8EOZD
    @krtr

~Cheers
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • offstudiooffstudio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much for all of the constructive feedback. I am making changes now and will republish to update everything. I will work on getting through everyone's quests tonight and try and return the help all these reviews have provided.
  • hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd be happy to trade reviews. Mine is Goblin Uprising NW-DMQRRFJTY
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That was a fun quest, good balance on the combat, not too hard or easy. Dialogue was also good. Particularly enjoyed the first house.

As a reminder mine is: -

The Three Dials
    NW-DMEWA2PW3

Story quest, duration circa 15 minutes.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with Maddriver entirely. I however, did feel the dungeon (sewer part) was a tad repetitive, though the fights were fantastic and kept me entertained through it. Since I moved just as the in-game feedback came up I didn't get to leave you a tip, but when my wife is home, this is one I'll run through again with her and see how she likes it too, and I want to leave in game feedback for certain.
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    NW-DIYMYKKVY - Nobleman's Request

I just went through it and left you an ingame review. I thought it was simple, yet good. The fights weren't boring or over saturated and the writing was good. Though, like Geoff said there could be more choices added.

A few changes:
    Two groups of monsters respawn while none of the others do. One is at the beginning of the passage to the fourth room in the sewers and the other is just before it

Add animations to interactions. I was interacting with the final item and just standing there.

Change the name of the gate that takes you home from "Go to next map".

Overall, good job!
  • geoff873geoff873 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just dropped you a review :)

Like the quest, nice use of NPC dialogue to give them character. A bit disappointed that the player's responses were so limited though, that could use some work.

Generally your encounter placement was good, and most of the fights were optional. That was nice, meant you could take the quest at your own pace. Final boss room could do with the encounters spaced out a little more but was fine overall.

My quest is in my sig if you want to check it out.
    Campaign: The Deathlord Arisen - NWS-DS8SB9O2S
    Part 1: Death comes to Neverwinter - NW-DL8EPHRAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i'm trading reviews.This is the mine :

In The Streams of Inferno : The Fear That Freeze by @voivodak
    Short Quest Code: NW-DNUZSYEEY
    Short Campaign Code : NWS-DPT8BX3XE
    Mission Type: Lore, Dialogue, Exploration, Hard-oriented Combat
    Average Duration: 30-45 min.
    Amount of Combat: Average
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I'll trade reviews.

My mission: A small dwarvish grudge. NW-DUI8A8I7R
    Solo Mission
    Combat and story, some humor.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • cygnus8cygnus8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is also my first published quest. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to go ahead and review the OP's quest. If anybody else would like to trade reviews let me know. Link me your quests!

Title: Berun's Hill
    Code: NW-DPBYLFGO6
    Author: AntaresPrime
  • cygnus8cygnus8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odoofmetz wrote: »
    Escaping the King of Ghouls - NW-DALP70L5M
    by: @odoofmetz
    Tag: Combat
    Sub Tag: Story, Crypt, Outdoor

I will review yours if you review mine.

I'll give your dungeon a go. My info is:
    Berun's Hill
    NW-DPBYLFGO6 ("o" not zero)
    @AntaresPrime
    edited May 2013
    Thanks again for all the help guys. Took me a while to get back home and now the servers are going down for a bit. I will try and get more reviews in tomorrow. As for tonight...

strainzed: Witches Brew

I played your quest and I see a nice start but it need some more polishing. I liked the house area and the details were nice. The storyline was pretty good thought the ending left me hanging. I hope there is another quest to finish it up. All in all good job. =) What follows is a list of small details that could be improved upon.

-Tapestries in the first room were clipping into the wall or into the ground.
    -First dialog tree ends with the player casting a spell, yet not all players can cast spells.
    -First room has cloths hanging in the air but nothing is holding them up.
    -The bathtub needs a name instead of crypt pool water 01.
    -The room with the clickable tables and bookcase has candles clipping through the table.
    -Bedstand tells you to cast a spell. Same issue as the first dialog tree.
    -Shelves in the room with the clicky tables and bookcase seem to be rather far from the wall Caught my eye as I was returning to that room.
    -Tunnel entrance could use a name other than click F to continue.
    -Spiderling stuck in rocks.
    -Magic orb trap needs more work. Spiders need to spawn after text else there is no point in trying to read the text while being attacked.
    -Door after long hallway needs text on door instead of click F to interact.
    -Quest said to keep chaising her and there was no golden trail so I went looking around and found her. Only problem was that i could not interact with her because I didn't trigger an area that I didn't know I was supposed to go to. I would suggest either more golden trail or make it so that if you find her you can continue.
    -Final boss is placed in an area that makes it very easy to die due to knock back. I could see it being very frustrating to die and then have to run that entire length again due to a bad footing.
    -Some sort of exit would be better than click F for next map.
    edited May 2013
    odoofmetz: Escaping the King of Ghouls

I played it and left you a review.
  • heavenshock12heavenshock12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heaven Shock
    Title: Heaven Shock

Code: NW-DC2R3DRHU

Author: @heavenshock12

Mission Type: Interesting Plot / Challenging mobs quest.

Average Duration: 15 min

Amount of Combat: Hard, quite a lot !

Starts at: Drunken Wings Inn (Protector's Enclave).

Mission Summary: An exciting dungeon that will lead you through heaven and beyond !
    Travel through the Drunken Wings Inn and explore the mysterious rumor about the divine entity, fight pirates and slay some demons !
    Adventure through an exciting plot of lies, tricks, manipulations and fight for the good and the evil !
    *Fit for solo and groups (Pretty hard to solo).

Author tips/hints: Be ready for anything ! (And read the story !)
    edited May 2013
    zekrallmizzrym: Resurrection of Xunvrae (part 1 of 4)

Played and reviewed. Good job. Fix the spelling and grammer errors and you will have a great quest.
  • strainzedstrainzed Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    offstudio wrote: »
    Thanks again for all the help guys. Took me a while to get back home and now the servers are going down for a bit. I will try and get more reviews in tomorrow. As for tonight...

strainzed: Witches Brew

I played your quest and I see a nice start but it need some more polishing. I liked the house area and the details were nice. The storyline was pretty good thought the ending left me hanging. I hope there is another quest to finish it up. All in all good job. =) What follows is a list of small details that could be improved upon.

-Tapestries in the first room were clipping into the wall or into the ground.
    -First dialog tree ends with the player casting a spell, yet not all players can cast spells.
    -First room has cloths hanging in the air but nothing is holding them up.
    -The bathtub needs a name instead of crypt pool water 01.
    -The room with the clickable tables and bookcase has candles clipping through the table.
    -Bedstand tells you to cast a spell. Same issue as the first dialog tree.
    -Shelves in the room with the clicky tables and bookcase seem to be rather far from the wall Caught my eye as I was returning to that room.
    -Tunnel entrance could use a name other than click F to continue.
    -Spiderling stuck in rocks.
    -Magic orb trap needs more work. Spiders need to spawn after text else there is no point in trying to read the text while being attacked.
    -Door after long hallway needs text on door instead of click F to interact.
    -Quest said to keep chaising her and there was no golden trail so I went looking around and found her. Only problem was that i could not interact with her because I didn't trigger an area that I didn't know I was supposed to go to. I would suggest either more golden trail or make it so that if you find her you can continue.
    -Final boss is placed in an area that makes it very easy to die due to knock back. I could see it being very frustrating to die and then have to run that entire length again due to a bad footing.
    -Some sort of exit would be better than click F for next map.

Thanks for the review. I'm printing it to fix some of the detailing.

A couple notes though:

-The clothes hanging in the first room are part of the room. I can't find a way to get rid of them. I didn't put them there & I've seen other people have this problem but I haven't seen a solution. There are also flies buzzing around that I can't seem to turn off.

-I put the detect magic just to add a D&D feel. I've since gone into another persons dungeon & it seems there are other options. When I learn them I may put those in the dungeon (dungeoneering & such?). I'm not sure how yet though but maybe people can pick something suited to their class.

-I thought I had the spiderlings in rocks fixed so thanks for that. I'll reposition them again.

-The golden trail has been frustrating. It seems it gets disrupted going from one cave type to another. Does anyone out there know any tips to make that work right? I've put several objectives in trying to get it to work & it still stops in the room before going to the north cave.
    offstudio wrote: »

This should earn me stars here. That's working as intended ;-) There's more to life than just "DPS". He wants to knock you off the bridge!

Thanks again!
    edited May 2013
    strainzed wrote: »
    -The clothes hanging in the first room are part of the room. I can't find a way to get rid of them. I didn't put them there & I've seen other people have this problem but I haven't seen a solution. There are also flies buzzing around that I can't seem to turn off.

I had the same problem and I ended up just putting the rack back under the cloths to make it look right until ther is an update or something so we can remove them. They kinda mess up the feel of the room when you are trying to do something with it but for now we are stuck with them to the best of my knowledge. =(
    edited May 2013
    daezo wrote: »
    Always willing to trade reviews!

Mine is:
    Bringing Truth to Words
    NW-DDE386E52

Played, reviewed, and enjoyed. The story and the details are amazing. You really brought your world to life and I can tell you spent some time getting everything to look as good as it does.

The only two things I can think to bring to your attention are as follows:

-While fighting the General I move behind the two barrels on the floor and then he stopped chaising me. He just stood there not even attacking my dog until I moved away from the barrels. Not sure if it was just a glitch or if he was getting caught up on the stuff on the ground.
    -Guard after the General: I interacted with him but was not able to read the last chat box becasue he disappeared. Might need one more empty chat box to stall out the vanish. I had to do that with a npc of mine, though I am not sure if there is a better way to fix it.

All and all great job and I look forward to the next quest.
    edited May 2013
    lostcharta: The Linkwell Crypt

Played it and reviewed it. You did a great job with the story and the details. I am curious to see where the story goes. I would suggest more background music or noise though. The house was creepy quite and then the crypts could have been even more spooky with the right music. Over all I enjoyed it. =)
    edited May 2013
    chinspinner: The Three Dials

I played it up to the point where I had to enter the sewer. I clicked on interact instead of enter and then was unable to go any further due to the gate no longer giving me an option to enter. From what I saw though you put a lot of work into the detail and the little things which made the quest ery enjoyable. The only thing I didn't like was the all the running around talking to people because the dialog was so short. To me it felf like I was hardley getting any information other than the bare minimum from each person. I think I little extra fluff would make it even better. From from what I saw of the quest it looks like you are doing a great job.

Addition: I was able to zone out and back in and finish the quest. The cathedral was very nice, and the boss fight was well put together. The last door while you are chasing guy has the "go to next map" text though, as does teh exit door. I left you a review in game as well.
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished your map. The part in the sewers felt a bit long. You probably need to break up the fights with interesting npcs, strange events, or something. Otherwise it was a good map.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • wayolenwayolen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok Played it- Overall I liked the quest, I chose not to join since I didn't trust that dwarf- I might have to play it again just to see what happens if I chose the other option at the end of the quest. I think the difficulty of the final fight was just about right for a story driven quest. My biggest gripe was the respawn point was a bit far away from the boss room - so if you die you have to run all the way back.

Here is mine : Warning this is a combat map and will part of a campaign I am curently making. Since I'm not finished with the story,I published the part that was ready. The map is challenging for solo but doable. The final boss fight is tough so bring some health pots. Thanks for a great quest.

Author @Wayolen
    NW-DMR6AERHD
    The Gauntlet
    The Gauntlet
    Author: @Wayolen
    Short Code: NW-DMR6AERHD
    edited May 2013
    maddriver: Path to the Underworld

Played and reviewed it. I enjoyed it. Great story and lay out and tons of extras. I look forward to the next chapter. The only things I saw were little things that I get ocd about. The dead worker with the letter was floating a few inches above the ground and most of your doors or gates had "click F to interact". The click F isn't a major thing but like I said I get ocd about it lol. Perhaps Open instead of Interact? Oh and if you add some animations to your interactions they will look even better. Everything else was awesome, great job. =)