Comments

• Options
    debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    bump because of truth
  • Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a thread about the Real Issues here in this thread. Maybe have a look. I didnt want to derail your thread, so I made my own.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got to level 33 on my cleric and I'm finding the end boss fights a bit too difficult to do on my own so want another player. So I open up the Social window, go to the "My Party" tab and try to type something in the party status about the quest I want to do (In this case The Underscar). But it doesn't let me type anything. When I go to the Find Party tab there are no comments in any of the statuses and I can't see the classes. I feel a bit weird just clicking the "Invite to Party" button down the bottom. That feels a bit weird to me.

So yeah... how is this meant to work? I don't get it.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    cerokoreancerokorean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but this is still open beta?

correct me if i am mistaken, but you are already cashing in from ZEN shops nope?
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is not a beta. This is a launch.

Something something "quacks like a duck" something something.

If characters do not wipe, then it's not a beta, plain and simple. These are not "test" characters, and we are not using "test" Zen. We are playing our final characters, paying for real Zen, and everything we do on our account is permanent.

The game has launched. The only thing they are currently "testing" is how many fools are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a game that managed to completely skip the final phase of beta. Good job, everyone, proving to the devs that they don't have to put out a finished and polished product to rake in mind bowing amounts of cash.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    I've never had problems in groups that I pre-make. PUGs are PUGs. It's random, sometimes it's crappy. You don't always get the golden glowing wizard that can fireball the whole room and send smiley face deathbeams all over the place.

I do, when I queue. The problem is not the golden glowing wizard going full YOLO AoE all over the place, the problem is that when I queue I am either sent to a group, which is looking for a healer (=kick) or a group consisting of 4 rogues. Or 3 rogues and a priest. It does suck, but hey, there's this one thing you can do: find friends or join a guild. Simple.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My biggest complaint about grouping is how when moving from one instance to another your group doesn't always end up in the same instance. Then you have to wait 2 min for everyone to be able to change instances.

As for replacing a MIA, Disconnected, or even AFK player in dungeons or PvP I must agree it is very annoying. I will also add that AFK needs to be defined not only as 'away from keyboard' but anyone that refuses to participate. I am thrilled that the party leader can kick AFK however the group is still griefed by the offending player because then the match is now 4v5 which is a 95% chance of a lose.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »

I didnt realize that we already had the Ranger and Warlock. I should remake a char so I can see what the new Drow looks like. And I Dont know how to access Gauntlegrym, is it a dungeon you queue for, or a location on the map I just overlooked?
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »

Something something "quacks like a duck" something something.

If characters do not wipe, then it's not a beta, plain and simple. These are not "test" characters, and we are not using "test" Zen. We are playing our final characters, paying for real Zen, and everything we do on our account is permanent.

The game has launched. The only thing they are currently "testing" is how many fools are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a game that managed to completely skip the final phase of beta. Good job, everyone, proving to the devs that they don't have to put out a finished and polished product to rake in mind bowing amounts of cash.

-Travail.

While I want to disagree with you I cannot...

You have a very valid point. Though I can also say this is not the first game that I paid real money to play in a beta. Sony charged to test (mainly for the media and shipping). Though I think that was the only one. Though even with Open Beta you rarely can flush out all the bugs. Look at Warhammer... release, extremely solid game no real issues. Until endgame pushed zone limitations to a level never seen by any other MMO for its time. Servers crashed... players got upset. Game closed... Aion had the same issue... not granted its doors haven't close 'yet'. Though the game was/is totally unplayable in large scale battles.

Now I will admit that a lot of the bugs I have seen with this game so far are very basic mechanics. I almost suspect the marketing people made a hard release date, cash was running out, and the trigger was pulled. Many games have failed because of this... I am hoping this is not one of them.
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

When someone is offering a product with is sold at $200 its more then just your canned fanboi beta comment. That is a cop out what you just posted.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only problem (as the healer) is that I'm not spec'd to tank and I need to be with the current busted *** aggro system ;)
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bpphantom wrote: »
    My only problem (as the healer) is that I'm not spec'd to tank and I need to be with the current busted *** aggro system ;)

I actually posted about that in This thread and how its the real culprit behind alot of poor party grouping with pugs.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DDO was beta for what, 6 years? It may still even be beta. Well that's the description anyway.

What do they call this, is the term 'soft launch'?
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beta is a CODE STATE not a Fiscal State. It means all of the major functions of the software have been implemented but are going through bug fixes and the like. It doesn't matter if they take a penny from a single end-user, it remains a Beta Build. You can make the argument that it is unethical to sell services to a game in a beta state, sure. You could even argue that this game's overall functionality puts it into a late-stage Alpha code state. But it is not a launched game.

No. It is not "Soft Launched." No it is not "Beta Launched." No it is not "Really Launched but people call it a Beta as an excuse."

It's a Beta Build of the software. Words -mean- things. And this is what Beta means in this context. So all of the bugs and server outages and other problems of that nature, software related, are to be expected reported and patched. You should also be expecting server downtimes for patching, maintenance, and repair. This is what a Beta State Software requires to function.

You've got a free car that doesn't work correctly being rebuilt for free that you're buying an awesome sound system, GPS, and fuzzy dice for. You're paying to have that free car detailed. And then complaining you can't access all the stuff you've paid for. And that's fine. It's fine that you're complaining. But don't scream at the people who told you, to start with, that the car they're giving you for free needs repairs that giving you the car before it was fully repaired "Because you shouldn't let me put goodies into the car before it's been fixed"

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    mai0mai0 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish the random group set up at least let u see the class of the ones ur squading with so that you know if you really want to join or not or have it where you can select the people you want to take (based on class so that it'll still b anonymous)
  • Options
    pvthudsonpvthudson Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Excuses excuses. Its not like they will magically patch a fix into this game. Thousands of people are already playing and basically this game is launched and they sponging money off our AD sales and Zen market.
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    This game is definitely in release.

The "perk" of doing the pre-purchase thing for early access to the game before release has happened. That means that even internally they consider Neverwinter to be in release.

People can label the game an "open beta" but it is released. There will be no character wipe (usually something that happens before a game goes "live" but since this game is already live it won't happen), there has been an "early access" period prior to the game going live, and the company is taking money for the game. Everything about Neverwinter indicates that the game is released and live.

The use of "open beta" is nothing more than marketing spin in an attempt to lower expectations of the game so that people don't get overly upset about bugs and the like. And that's fine but when moderators start tossing around "beta" as a valid argument for something not working then that isn't cool. There is nothing beta about this game except the label.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    debars wrote: »
    Sadly the group system in this game has made me quit, at least till it is fixed. After 7 attempts of trying to get a group without all dps we finally get 1 healer. After being in the middle of a instance someone leaves or DCs not being able to replace them is beyond broken. After making it to a end of a instance and the person doesnt speak english so we cant explain a strat to him and we keep failing, but if we kick him we cant find someone new. Not to mention the random terrible players.

This all happened this sunday afternoon and about the 3rd day in a row i have experienced the same old BS.

Stay classy.

Be part of the solution and play a Devoted Cleric or Guardian Fighter character.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    ms18instachims18instachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't consider this game "Open Beta" that term gets thrown around these days by multiple publishers, This game, like it or not has launched.

Devs use the term Open Beta, when they need money and the game is so completely full of bugs, exploits that it could be suicide if they launched it like the current state of the game is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't consider this game "Open Beta" that term gets thrown around these days by multiple publishers, This game, like it or not has launched.

Devs use the term Open Beta, when they need money and the game is so completely full of bugs, exploits that it could be suicide if they launched it like the current state of the game is.

****** man, how come you already got the Ranger and Warlock? And whats Gauntlegryn like? Is it a new area, or just a dungeon?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whiran wrote: »
    This game is definitely in release.

The "perk" of doing the pre-purchase thing for early access to the game before release has happened. That means that even internally they consider Neverwinter to be in release.

People can label the game an "open beta" but it is released. There will be no character wipe (usually something that happens before a game goes "live" but since this game is already live it won't happen), there has been an "early access" period prior to the game going live, and the company is taking money for the game. Everything about Neverwinter indicates that the game is released and live.

The use of "open beta" is nothing more than marketing spin in an attempt to lower expectations of the game so that people don't get overly upset about bugs and the like. And that's fine but when moderators start tossing around "beta" as a valid argument for something not working then that isn't cool. There is nothing beta about this game except the label.

Beta is a Code State. It doesn't get changed, magically, because there's no character wipe. The game's features don't implement themselves. It remains in a Beta State.

I really don't know how you don't understand this. Is it willfully ignoring what the word "Beta" means? Trying to redefine it to suit your argument and position?

Beta has nothing to do with money or character wipes or whether or not there's a cash shop or pre-order. It has to do with the state of the code itself. What you're thinking of are CONVENTIONS of Beta within the industry at large. MOST games wipe characters at beta end. MOST games don't have a cash shop in Beta. MOST games don't charge anything in Beta. But that doesn't define what a beta is, it defines how most companies handle Betas and nothing more.
    I don't consider this game "Open Beta" that term gets thrown around these days by multiple publishers, This game, like it or not has launched.*

What you "Consider" a beta state is irrelevant. Beta has a definition and it refers to the implementation of features and function in the software itself.

Stop conflating the two. Stop trying to convince others to conflate the two. This is like some Fox News level misdirection, here.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly the group system in this game has made me quit, at least till it is fixed. After 7 attempts of trying to get a group without all dps we finally get 1 healer. After being in the middle of a instance someone leaves or DCs not being able to replace them is beyond broken. After making it to a end of a instance and the person doesnt speak english so we cant explain a strat to him and we keep failing, but if we kick him we cant find someone new. Not to mention the random terrible players.

This all happened this sunday afternoon and about the 3rd day in a row i have experienced the same old BS.

Stay classy.
    I hop on Skype with my daugher and her friends an we group up fine... except for my bug that crashes me to desktop whenever we are leaving an area to "travel".
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    bubbabinskybubbabinsky Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    cikala78 wrote: »
    I am so sick of seeing this excuse, and to have it come from a Mod is just too much. The fact is, the ONLY difference between an 'open beta' and launch for a F2P MMO is the excuse. Open beta means the game is nearly ready to go, and just needs to be populated by a larger number of people at once than alpha or closed beta allows to expose bugs that a small population won't find. Having the group finder not assemble proper groups with the proper classes is NOT such a bug. Nor is the auction house ignoring the filters you set and not sorting when headings are clicked. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this game very much so far, but some of these larger 'bugs' are inexcusable for a game in the open beta stage. Is there even a release date set? A true open beta typically only lasts a couple weeks, not indefinitely, and are completely free. Open betas like this? They're just an excuse as to why things don't work right while still taking the player's money.

Open beta gives players a warning that the game is not completely bug-free. They are, obviously, still working on fixing some issues. I'm certain that this open beta is not indefinite, because PWE has had a live release for every game after open beta.
    Core content is group based. Group finding is a new concept and there are no mmos out there that do it right. Correct me if i am mistaken.

Well, it's certainly a matter of opinion.

Exactly why it is in beta still. They are working on fixes.
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    mountain45 wrote: »
    no it doesnt but it means send feedback so they can look at itand get it towork right . that is what beta is for

Beta ended the second the cash shop started processing sales.

the entire concept of "open beta" is a joke and anyone that supports this lame tactic should feel like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for buying it hook line and sinker.

and the poster above.. Open Beta means just that. It's now OPEN for all to participate. It USED to be the LAST thing a company did to stress test a game prior to release. Open beta USED to mean "The game is finished. Now get in here and break it for a month and we'll release it."

Fan bois and console gamers who have no PC gaming history beyond Penguin Island or wtf it's called and WoW buy into Open beta faster than a meth head with $20 scores a hit.
  • Options
    dagurasudagurasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off, "it's a beta" is not a catch all problem solving sentence. They're accepting money for a service that they're providing as well.

Second, how does it even get this far into development that you have the trinity and dungeon content that's pretty clearly using the idea that there is a trinity, but not implement a role check so groups for higher end content don't fall apart right away because you're missing one of the pillars you need to do the content.

And before someone comes at me with astral shields: it might not happen right away but it WILL get balanced. Which leads us back to tank/healer/deeps.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good lord. It's like people are being willfully ignorant.

I give up. Spin on you crazy diamonds.

-Rachel-
  • Options
    rakeleerrakeleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel your pain steampunky, Rachel er... Person.

The sad fact is that language isn't static, it's a living thing. The term Beta means, obviously, lots of different things to different people - regardless of what it actually means. Noticed how I used "regardless" instead of the non-word "irregardless?" That's because I know that 'irregardless' is a nonsense sound that wouldn't (if it were actually a word before it was coined) mean what the user thought it meant. On the other hand, it is now in use in the vernacular to mean precisely the same thing as "regardless" but with a fun and inaccurate extra prefix. That's life. Sometimes the language does stupid things.

I'm going to assume (for the sake of argument) that someone at PW/Cryptic had an idea of what the word "Beta" would imply when they slapped it onto Neverwinter. Some of these perceptions and attitudes are a result of that.