test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wading through the Vitriol...

13»

Comments

• mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rkoper wrote: »
    This is standard for all new MMO games. The forums at launch are always a mess. Give it a few weeks and they'll go away.

QFT

Unfortunately, they usually wreck havoc and cause damage before buggering off...
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cerokorean wrote: »
    it wasn't a disastrous launch because no one is playing a week later, from 3 pages of online people in my guild down to 5.

From 3 pages down to...5?

Eh?
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's very convenient to categorize all the people with different opinion than yours as something easily dismissed. They are all kids, or have ADD, or entitled, or of some generation that is inferior to yours... etc. etc. Doesn't matter really just as long as you don't actually have to deal with real arguments.

All very convenient.
  • hobnobbgreyhobnobbgrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the game but i think it is ridiculous to call this open beta. Soft launch is a better wording.

We all know it is an actual release but with the fallback of being "open beta" when servers crash or there are bugs.

If one of the two things had been in place I would have called this Open beta
    1. Character wipe at launch
    2. Not possible to spend Zen until launch

But since there is no wipe and PW is willingly taking money for Zen, this is a soft launch.

People will judge the game as it is now and if they like it (like I do) they will stay, and if they don't they will leave. Just like any other launched MMO. I won't be expecting a large influx of players at the actual launch, except if there is a large marketing campaign which reaches out to new customers.

So in everything but offical words it is launched.

And I love it.
  • czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    It is irrelevant, whether you call the current phase "open beta", "pre-launch" or "launch". The fact is that some of the systems (Auction House, Group Finder) are working worse than they should during closed beta or even alpha. There are basic systems which don't work or work wrong. It's not something you should test during open beta, because one user is enough to test it and say "it simply doesn't work, what do you want me to test?". This game is incomplete and was pushed for launch for monetary purposes in an incomplete form, it's pretty plain and simple. Denying it won't help.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OK, first let me apologize if this comes off like a "get off my lawn yah rotten kids!" speech but....

Is it just me who actually got the email that this is an OPEN BETA phase?! Not for nuthin but the fact that the forums are filled with pre-adolescent nerd rage about "WTF did I pay for!" and "OMFG this game is the worst ever!" is a depressing sign of the time and space we live in.

Instant gratification and a gold release candidate quality is now (at least by some apparently) expected in an OPEN BETA??

I have played the game for all of about 5 hrs and you know what I think about the current state of the game? Well I DONT KNOW YET I have had 5 hrs to explore and check it out!

And for those of you who have had more time and have posed constructive criticism's good on ya. But to be honest I really hope that the whiners and troll's go find a bridge to live under in miserable discordance with one another...

There are most certainly bugs and issues that need to be hammered out but for those of you self entitled, all about me, A.D.D. addled folks.

Please, I beg of you, Rage quit now....

Ok so that totally sounds like a "get of my lawn" speech, sorry....

I can't believe how you can be so single minded or blind.

Alot of people have paid *REAL MONEY* for Zen.

Get off your horse, take a deep breath and realize that yes, people have paid money for this and therefore are fully entitled to their opinion especially when there has been a complete and utter /ignore the entire time people have been reporting legit issues that are in many cases game breaking i.e. Leadership powerlevel issue, Foundry powerlevel issue, the *quest* powerlevel issue and so on and so on.

The price of Zen in this game is the cost of a premium service, yet the content isn't there to warrant it, alot of Zen items can't be shared on other toons (1k Zen bags not allowed on your alts? WTF!?!?!), nothing is being fixed. However, they add more stuff to cash shop.........
  • gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    It's like I said before,

The outrage is mock outrage, if you do a little digging it's the same twelve people over and over again who are posting 95% of it and if we had access, we would probably see that half of those are from the same IP. (multiple accounts are a fact of like in F2P games ) When you are actually playing the game you hear a lot of praise, a lot of folks asking questions and a lot of LF/group/guild with the occasional lament about cash shop prices.

Basically no rational person is taking the forum silliness seriously.

Cryptic is in a enviable position right now, it's a big middle finger to the crusty unemployed developers screaming about the F2P apocalypse.

Stormdragon is one of the bigger trolls on this forum. He makes sweeping assumptions and facilitates the very types of threads the OP is talking about by making ridiculous posts like the one above. His constant irony is a source of amusement though.
  • jilkorathjilkorath Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope it keeps the D&D spirit and doesn't try to become a clone like so many other mmorpgs. At the moment I'm playing it like a single to four player D&D rpg with spam(zone chat in Prot. Enclave).

There are a ton of posts that are wanting the game changed to coincide with tons of other games...and those are the ones that I want to tell to get the __ off my lawn.

Regards to PvP, I don't see myself being competitive or really caring about the pvp simply because D&D should remain more environment/monster driven than "my epeen's bigger than yours."

What ever happen to playing a game for fun, friends, and adventure.
  • gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    ff2nn2 wrote: »
    I was not there for the start of WoW.
    But I was there for SWTOR.
    Almost every critic about SWTOR was right and is still repeated by new players because the others have left by now.
    The same is true for NWO.
    Your vitriol is the worst of all, insulting and not constructive at all.

The only complaint that is total nonsense is the PvP balance issue.
    By the very nature of things, there are always balance issues when playing different classes with different gear.

Quoted for serious truth. The worst part is the OP admits he's barely played the game. Talk about ignorant...